Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 04-23-2011, 03:52 AM

Naomi glanced down at the glass and saw the frost on it.

"Oh," she said. Carefully, she cleared the frost off of the surface of the glass. "So sue me, I'm tired. I got an hour and a half of sleep before this whole fiasco." She set the glass down on the side table next to the armchair. "So... do any of you have any idea at all how you ended up in the woods out here?"

Al shook his head.

"No," he replied. "Not at all. Ed and I just woke up out there."

"The same thing happened to us," Kurama agreed. It seemed that whatever it was wasn't a singular occurrence, then, if it had happened the same way to someone else.

Last edited by Mageling; 04-23-2011 at 06:12 AM..

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-23-2011, 05:54 AM

Ed nodded his agreement. "So none of us has any clue what's going on," he summarized. He was not pleased with what was going on. He liked knowing where he was and having at least some idea what was happening around him. This not knowing was not good for him.

Osanna tugged on Naomi's sleeve to get her attention. She pointed to Ed and Al, then to the floor. Then she pointed to the other three, then to herself, making her fingers 'walk' back towards her house. Translation: Ed and Al would stay there, while she would take the other three back to her house for the night.

Yusuke watched the two, blinking a few times. He wasn't quite sure what Osanna was getting at, just that he was somehow involved. Hiei, on the other hand, already guessed what she was telling Naomi and shrugged carelessly.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-23-2011, 06:11 AM

"Pretty much," Naomi replied to Ed. Her attention was diverted when Osanna tugged on her sleeve. It took her a moment to decipher what her friend was saying. "You sure?" she asked. "I mean, you could always take the seemingly more harmless ones instead." She had no idea what Ed and Al could do, but they were both just human. If they tried anything, Naomi knew Osanna could take care of herself.

Al watched, trying to figure out what Osanna was trying to say. The only thing he got out of it, though, was someone walking. It made no sense, so he decided to just keep listening.

Kurama also figured out what Osanna was saying pretty quickly. It surprised him that she was willing to give them a place to stay for the night.

"That's very kind of you," he commented.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-23-2011, 06:02 PM

Osanna grinned and gave her a thumbs up to say she was sure. If all else failed she could always lock them all in the guest room with her powers.

She turned and motioned to the other three, beckoning to them again. Yusuke sighed. He knew how this went.

"Just don't yank my arm this time," he grumbled, walking over to her and following her out of the house. Hiei vanished after them as well.

"...What the hell just happened?" Ed demanded, turning to Naomi. He was very confused. And still curious about the frost. It shouldn't have been physically possible.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-23-2011, 06:43 PM

Kurama followed the other two out as well. He had to admit, it was a little too chilly in that house for his taste, and at least this way, he could keep an eye on Yusuke and Hiei to make sure neither of them decided to go off by themselves.

Naomi watched them go, and stood up and stretched. Now that Hiei was gone, the room was cooling back down to normal again. She looked back over at Ed and Al.

"Seems the two of you are bunking here tonight," she said. "Osanna took the other three back to her place."

"Thank you for letting us stay," Al said before Ed could snap again. "Um..." He paused, not sure how to ask if there were extra blankets anywhere.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-23-2011, 09:54 PM

Osanna opened the door to her house as well and ushered them all inside, locking up behind her. Scratching could be heard from her bedroom upstairs, but she ignored it for the time being as she herded them into the guest room.

Pulling out a pen and grabbing paper, she scribbled, You three can stay here tonight. There's the couch downstairs, bed in here, and someone will have to take the floor. There's blankets in the closet across the hall. Yell if you need anything. She handed the paper over to Yusuke.

Yusuke read swiftly and nodded. "Alright, thanks." He watched her go before turning to the other two. "I call the bed."

Hiei snorted. He didn't care where they wanted to sleep, since he'd be up all night anyway.

"Yeah, thanks," Ed added. "You have any extra blankets?" Blunt was always good.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-23-2011, 10:09 PM

Naomi thought for a moment.

"I think I can do better than that," she said. Going to the linen closet, she reached up to the top shelf and pulled down an electric blanket. She handed it to Ed. "Here. It's probably as old as I am, but it's still just as reliable as ever. Unfortunately, I only have the one... I have regular blankets, though."

"The couch is fine," Kurama replied. He didn't mind Yusuke taking the bed. He wasn't all that picky.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-23-2011, 10:17 PM

Ed nodded. "Maybe one or two of those, thanks." He handed the electric blanket to Al with a look that just dared him to argue.

Osanna nodded and left them to get comfortable, going back to her own room for the night. She didn't go to bed, though. She went and got on her computer.

Yusuke grinned as he sat down on the bed, stretching his legs out. "Hey, at least we're not in the middle of a bunch of demons," he said cheerfully. There were definitely worse places they could have ended up.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 PM

Al blinked as he was handed the electric blanket.

"But brother, you were the one complaining you were cold," he pointed out, trying to hand it back. He wasn't afraid of his brother in the least, and had no problems arguing with him. "I'm fine with regular blankets, really."

Kurama chuckled slightly.

"Yes, knowing your track record, Yusuke," he teased. "Things could have been much worse."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-23-2011, 10:33 PM

"I'm fine," Ed said, waving his concern off. "Besides, I can heat up the blankets for myself. Don't worry about it, Al." He threw his younger brother a quick smile.

Yusuke glared half-heartedly at Kurama.

"Alright, you two, shoo. I want to go to sleep now." He kicked off his shoes, aiming one at Hiei. The demon just sidestepped with a roll of his eyes.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-23-2011, 11:01 PM

Al opened his mouth to argue, but thought better of it. He sighed.

"Alright," he said. "I know I can't convince you."

Naomi just stood there watching the exchange.

"Well, one of you can take the couch, and there's a guest room upstairs," she said. "It's marginally warmer upstairs, since I haven't figured out a way to counteract physics yet, so it should be slightly more comfortable for you." She tugged at her sweatshirt a bit. It really was too warm to be wearing it, but she hadn't had a chance to take it off yet.

Kurama nodded and left the room. He paused and turned around again.

"Are you coming downstairs with me, Hiei? Or are you staying here?" he asked.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-24-2011, 06:05 AM

Ed nodded. "Which do you want, Al?" He had the feeling his brother would take the couch, but that was okay. Al would be fine. Even if he did tend to be an overprotective prick sometimes, he knew his brother's limits, and these were well within them.

"Well I'm not spending the night in here with him," Hiei said, glancing at Yusuke.

"Hey, what's that supposed ta mean?!" Yusuke demanded, sitting up to glare at Hiei. Hiei merely smirked and walked after Kurama, shutting the door behind him on Yusuke's complaints.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-24-2011, 06:14 AM

"You can take the bed, brother, I don't mind," Al replied. "I'll be alright on the couch." He hoped his brother wouldn't argue with him over it.

Naomi stretched a bit.

"Well, you guys duke it out, I'm going back to bed," she said, covering a yawn. She tucked her hair behind her ear again, keeping the brown and translucent blue strands out of her face. "Guest room is upstairs, first door on the right, and extra blankets are in the hall closet."

"I just thought I would ask," Kurama replied with a slight grin. He walked with Hiei back down the stairs so he could set up the couch for himself.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-24-2011, 06:18 AM

Ed hesitated for a moment before he nodded. "Alright. Come get me if you need anything, okay?" He looked at Al for a long moment before he got up.

He followed Naomi up the stairs and went to the guest room. "Thanks. See you in the morning."

Hiei smirked and picked a spot, settling down seated on the floor for the night. He didn't say anything, just closed his eyes to rest.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-24-2011, 06:24 AM

"Alright," Al replied, nodding. He watched his brother go upstairs before he set about turning the couch into a makeshift bed for the night.

It was marginally warmer upstairs, which finally prompted Naomi to take her sweatshirt off. She only had a thin shirt on underneath, but she immediately sighed softly in relief. Draping the sweatshirt over one arm, she started towards one of the other doors in the hall. It seemed like a normal door, but the doorknob had a strange pattern on it. Upon closer inspection, it was covered in a fine lattice of frost. Naomi seemed not to notice it as she opened the door. Cold air rolled out of the room, making her breath fog.

"The room is mine, I would be careful if you need to open the door for any reason," she said to Ed before she went in. "I keep my room cold."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-24-2011, 06:30 AM

"I noticed," Ed said dryly, though he was fascinated. There wasn't a good explanation for one room being so much colder than the rest of the house. He'd love to go explore and find the reason behind it, but he wasn't that bad.

He went into the guest room and got ready for bed, settling down to think for a while before he actually fell asleep.

He got up fairly early and went to go check on Al. He was kinda hungry now, and he was even more curious/pissed off about what had happened last night. He wanted to know how they'd gotten there, and he wanted to know several hours ago.

Osanna got up about the same time Ed did, which was about 8:30 or so in the morning, and snuck down the stairs to the kitchen. She tried to be quiet so as not to wake Kurama and Hiei, and she knew Yusuke was still asleep.

Hiei was, in fact, still awake, and he opened one eye to watch Osanna move around the kitchen making tea for herself as quietly as she could, along with a bowl of oatmeal. He snorted quietly, glancing over to see if Kurama was up yet.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-24-2011, 06:41 AM

Al woke up when he heard Ed's familiar footsteps coming down the stairs. He'd slept fairly lightly all night, so it didn't take much to wake him.

"Morning, brother," he said, sitting up and stretching a bit. He never took sleep for granted anymore, and enjoyed every minute of it. "Did you sleep well?"

Naomi, on the other hand, slept like the dead, so she didn't hear Ed going downstairs again. She was attuned to her cell phone going off, but there wasn't much besides that that would wake her.

Kurama also slept lightly, and heard Osanna trying to sneak past. He knew Hiei probably hadn't slept much, if at all, so he knew his friend was awake. He opened his eyes and propped himself up to see what was going on.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-24-2011, 06:44 AM

"Yeah, I did." Despite the fact that the room had been colder than he was used to, Ed had just bundled up and slept fine. "How about you? You didn't get cold?"

He couldn't help worrying about his brother. He really couldn't. It was a reflex now.

Hiei got up silently and moved to the doorway of the kitchen, watching Osanna stirring her oatmeal. "What are you doing?"

Osanna jumped, not having heard Hiei, and whirled to face him, her hand to her chest against her rapidly thudding heart. She glared weakly at him and pointed to her oatmeal, starting to stir it again. Trying to communicate with anyone other than her family or Naomi was annoying her very quickly.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-24-2011, 03:05 PM

Al nodded.

"I was fine," he replied. "The blankets kept me warm enough." He knew his brother was worrying over nothing and didn't mean it. Besides, he wasn't even being overbearing yet. He glanced around. "Where is that girl? Is she still asleep?"

Kurama got up when Hiei went into the kitchen and followed him. It was used to Hiei moving silently, but it was obvious Osanna wasn't.

"You shouldn't scare her like that," he chided softly. "She was nice enough to give us a place to stay for the night."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-24-2011, 06:52 PM

"I guess so." Ed shrugged. "I haven't seen her yet today, so I assume she's still in her room." He stretched a little.

"I wonder if there's anything to eat around here..." His stomach rumbled just a little.

Osanna gave Hiei a look that said, "yeah, so there!" and then stuck out her tongue at him. Hiei twitched, half-tempted to threaten her, but stayed quiet for the time being. Then she got out the box of oatmeal and her one box of cereal, putting them on the counter and looking at Kurama inquisitively.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-24-2011, 07:41 PM

"Should we go and see if she's awake?" Al asked. It didn't feel right to be searching through someone's kitchen without their permission. He also hoped that Naomi had a shower that he could use. A hot shower sounded amazing.

Kurama wasn't quite sure what Osanna was asking, but he could make a fair guess.

"I'm fine with oatmeal, if that's alright with you," he said. He wasn't all that picky about it, and really, oatmeal was cheap. At least, it was back home, so it was easy enough to get more if they ran out.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-24-2011, 08:13 PM

"Yeah, we may as well go look," Ed agreed, heading for the staircase. He just planned to peek into her room and then leave again. Nothing wrong with that.

Although if she had something in there to explain why this house was so cold he might be tempted to look.

Osanna nodded and made up some oatmeal for him before looking at Hiei. He snorted and shook his head, retreating to the living room again, and Osanna shrugged and put everything away before going back to her breakfast.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-24-2011, 08:23 PM

Al followed his brother up the stairs. Surely there couldn't be anything wrong with just going to see if Naomi was awake. He would make sure Ed didn't try to bully the girl or anything, but he got the feeling that Naomi could hold her own anyways.

Kurama thanked Osanna for the oatmeal and went to sit down. It didn't surprise him that Hiei refused breakfast. That was typical. They were in an unfamiliar place, after all.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-24-2011, 08:29 PM

Ed opened the door to her room slowly, surprised at how cold the doorknob was. He poked his head inside, starting to look around.

"You awake?" he asked quietly, shivering briefly at the cold air that flowed out of the room.

Yusuke thumped down the stairs with a big yawn, his hair not slicked back and only sort of wearing his shirt; it was all rumpled up. "Morning," he grumbled.

Osanna blinked at him before she went back to her breakfast. As soon as she finished she went to go check on her pants; she had a few in a downstairs office that she checked on first, and then headed outside to look at the rest.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-24-2011, 08:37 PM

Naomi was sprawled across her bed, with only a single blanket partially covering her. She was still wearing the thin camisole from the night before, and a pair of lounge shorts. Otherwise, her arms and legs were bare.

When the door opened, she cracked one eye open and glanced at the clock. It wasn't that late in the morning, but it was at least a decent hour. Reaching over, she checked her phone from messages from Osanna, and carefully moved a couple of little figurines out of the way before they fell off the nightstand. The figurines looked like they were made of glass or crystal.

"I'm up, I swear," she mumbled as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. Her hair was a mess, and she brushed it out of her face quickly. Blinking a couple times, she looked over towards the door. "Sorry, didn't mean to oversleep."

Kurama looked over at Yusuke.

"Good morning," he replied, and then went back to his breakfast. He knew Yusuke wasn't necessarily a morning person, and so didn't think twice about it.