IcetheArtist
Vampire

Old 08-24-2016, 08:30 AM

~~
....not share your writing online for fear of theft due to lack of copyright proof?

Or is it just me?
iDon't know about you guys but my mom is a poet
and she scared the crap out of me when iWas a young writer
with all of the theft and poor man's copyright horror stories not standing up in court
It's to the point where people online don't even KNOW I'm a writer unless iTell them.
(yes iKnow my typing style my be a nightmare but there's a reason behind that too xD)
~~

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-25-2016, 02:35 AM

I mean....I think it goes without saying that you shouldn't post all of something you intend to publish because why buy if you can read for free. But putting teasers can also generate interest. Sure there's always a risk, but there's benefits too. I don't post things I want for publishing, but I'll post other stuff, just so I don't have to take the story down later for a publisher becuase that's the real trouble. Publishers don't want a copy existing on the internet.

IcetheArtist
Vampire

Old 08-28-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
I mean....I think it goes without saying that you shouldn't post all of something you intend to publish because why buy if you can read for free. But putting teasers can also generate interest. Sure there's always a risk, but there's benefits too. I don't post things I want for publishing, but I'll post other stuff, just so I don't have to take the story down later for a publisher becuase that's the real trouble. Publishers don't want a copy existing on the internet.
Yea, iHave a hard time
figuring out what iShould and shouldn't post
I've had text messages turn into poetry
My feels just come out and it's good so iKeep it
iWill post my art without fear of it being stolen
or actually just not caring
as long as people arent making money from my art
iDon't care xD
But for writing I'm terrified to post
It's terrible
maybe one day after iCopyright some of my poems I'll post them here :D

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 08-29-2016, 04:41 PM

I've had that fear every once and while, but the sites that I post on don't let people copy-paste anything that people write, and I don't think anyone wants to take the time to type something I've written word-for-word, so I'm not too worried. I post things on figment, it's a great site to get feedback from other writers on your work, and no one can copy-paste stories that are posted. You should check it out!

IcetheArtist
Vampire

Old 08-29-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercyGrim96 View Post
I've had that fear every once and while, but the sites that I post on don't let people copy-paste anything that people write, and I don't think anyone wants to take the time to type something I've written word-for-word, so I'm not too worried. I post things on figment, it's a great site to get feedback from other writers on your work, and no one can copy-paste stories that are posted. You should check it out!
iWill be sure and check it out : o
It sounds great tho
thank you for the advise!
and iAlso love your avi >w<