Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 07-08-2013, 08:51 PM

Working on a story for Belly's entertainment :D

Next the art side!

Also, all the entries so far I've seen are awesome! Good job guys. Super creative.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 07-08-2013, 08:59 PM

was that journal style one allowed? as a combined art/written entry?

LYN
*^_^*

Old 07-08-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
That's really cool LYN. :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
holy effing S*%#$

that's amazing o.O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
That's amazing, LYN! O: Quite lovely~
thanks so much! ^^

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 09:52 PM

you're welcome. mine just feels like its going to be so inadequate now. xD

LYN
*^_^*

Old 07-08-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
you're welcome. mine just feels like its going to be so inadequate now. xD
I'm sure it looks nice!! :) Can't wait to see it!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 10:11 PM

i haven't started yet... tehee.. its still just in my head. the first one anyways. and than i have to write something on it. Which will be a little more difficult.

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 07-08-2013, 11:06 PM

the reason I did mine so early on was so I wouldn't be intimidated when others posted theirs...

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 11:21 PM

I didn't have time at the beginning. xD

i'm still doing it though. i need to read the rules still on the writing part. tehee.

maidenroseheart

Old 07-08-2013, 11:22 PM

it is really easy :D no tricks

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 11:36 PM

i'm sure. but i only know there is a writing part and people have been doing a journal entry of some kind.

maidenroseheart

Old 07-08-2013, 11:41 PM

they said any way you want works... I chose diary... but you can do any style you like

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 11:52 PM

i really liked the idea of having it as a journal entry like when someone is watching birds for example. and studying them.

SO like it would have a close up of one part and might explain what they see in it. Than maybe they find a latch or something and it shows the side where they found the button to open it. and than some images of the inside. *nod nod*

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 07-08-2013, 11:54 PM

Finally finished with mine! Woo!

My Artifact Entry:

I call it: Celestial Cloisonné Point

maidenroseheart

Old 07-08-2013, 11:55 PM

very nice... when I saw the basic shape, I saw two things: woman, spaceship... it appears most people see a woman

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 07-08-2013, 11:55 PM

that is so pretty!

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 07-08-2013, 11:56 PM

I saw a pair of safety scissors when I first looked at it... xD

Thanks Maidan, thanks Momo!

Vexous
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2013, 12:00 AM

(Sorry about the length LOL)

Artifact Name: The artifact of the Ancients
Is this based on an art entry? yes this one: [x] - link to entry post: [x]
My Lore Entry:

It was hot, the scorching sun was high in the sky and the shade of the buildings did little to cool the area.
"Aveyon, we've been looking for days we are not going to find it." Looking up she sighed at her tired companion. "Damon i know it's here, we just not looking in the right place, there has to be more to it..."
They were both tired; they had been out here for days searching.
Damon slid himself down the nearest wall of the ruins, his head looking up into the crystal clear sky. He wiped away the sweat that was running down his neck and pulled out his canteen.
"Is this artifact really that important to you?" He asked glancing again at Aveyon.
He knew it was, nothing mattered more to her after all this could be the key to finding out about her past.
She hadn't lost any memories or anything like that, she just wanted to know who her parents had been and most of all what had happened to them- she'd been left at the sanctuary so many years ago, she knew almost nothing of them expect for the journals that had been left behind.
She gave him a look like 'do you really wanna go there?'
His smile made a smirk appear on her face, "You don't have to be here let me remind her that you are the one that wanted to tag along."
He rolled his eyes and held out his canteen for her, "Don't have much of a choice."
As she went to grab the canteen he acted fast and took hold of her hand, turning it the diamond ring she wore caught the light of the sun and began to sparkle, "You're getting sand in it." He pouted pretending to be mad.
"You know i don't care for material things." She answered smiling, they hadn't set a date yet, they didn't feel the need to rush things- they knew they were going to be together for a while to come.
She finally got free to have a drink, "The journal says that there is meant to be a secret temple hidden under the ruins."
"That's descriptive" Damon joked, "Give me the journal for a sec?"
She complied and sat down beside him to watch over his shoulder.
"Something's been bugging me about the thickness of the pages in this section." he added running his fingers along the page she was just looking at.
"Well it's an old book, it has been better days."
"No it's more than that...." He held the book up and let the sun shine though a single page. "Thought so..." He muttered.
Aveyon frowned but didn't intervene; he was the expert in archaeology after all.
He tore the page clean in half; had her throat not been dry she would have screamed. "What in the world are you doing......"
She fell silent as Damon handed her a small folded piece of paper that had fallen from the book where he had torn the page.
"The temples not the only thing hidden." He added with a smirk.
"Smart ass!" She smiled at him and unfolded the paper.
"Looks like a map to me." She handed it to Damon.
"Well let's see where it leads."

Several hours later they had ended up travelling to the other side of the ruins, an area that they had already searched.
This part of the ruins was the most intact and by far the most detailed- or at least had the most detail left after all the sand storms that would have happened over the years.
"There's a stone on the far wall that's needs to be pushed in to open a door way." Damon pocketed the paper and moved to the wall with Aveyon.
"What are you hoping to find?" he asked concerned.
Aveyon moved her hands over the wall searching for a stone that would move, "I don't know really, anything would be nice. They were last seen out here- and the last journal entries talk about the artifact... then it just stops."
A soft click sounded as she managed to push a stone on the wall, the floor to the left opened up- or rather down, exposing a set of stairs.
"There is the fact that they simply got stuck down there." He added warning her.
"If that were the case then they will get a proper burial, but i don't believe that is the case after all the journal talks about this place- and yet was found in their home."
She didn't say it aloud- but there was no explanation as to how the journal had been found at their home; given that all their belongings for the trip they had made were found in a motel about a half a day's drive from here.
They made their way down the stairs- touches in hand; they had come prepared for this.
Damon had handed her a face mask before they went down, knowing his concerns she had complied; this temple or whatever it was had been sealed for god knows how long, better to be careful then had a repeat of what happen with the opening of TutankhAmun's tomb years ago.

Though as they made their way something didn't seem right, if her parents had been here wouldn't there be foot prints- the dust and rubble would be a little disturbed at least from their visit- but everything was coated evenly with a thick layer of dust.
"This isn't right..." She muttered as she tore open a large cobweb blocking the path ahead.
"It doesn't take long for a place like this to be recovered din the dust and cobwebs that it was before, they have been missing for years remember.
She knew what he was saying but she couldn't shake the feeling on unease.

The stairs ended and the entered a large room; to the far side stood a pedestal. On it stood the artifact described in the journal. "This is too easy." She said looking at Damon concerned.
He nodded, picking up and medium sized rock he trow it across the room, it bounced a few times before landed beside the pedestal, but nothing happened.
He took a step forward.
"What do you think you're doing!" Aveyon exclaimed trying to reach for him without moving too much.
"There's only one way to find out, you've treated me for far worse; I'll be fine." He added
She rolled her eyes and watched as he inched towards the artifact.
She followed when he'd reached it, still hoping that she didn't trigger a trap of some kind.
"This is amazing!" he said. She knew the look in his eyes, the look when he recognized something that just couldn't be possible.
"This could prove my theories!"
"What is it?" She asked studying the small deceptive looking dagger.
"This artifact could link several ancient cultures together in the same period of time. Egyptian, Mayan, Latin and something I've never seen before."
"Can you read it?" She asked curious.
He nodded, "Some of it, but not all, the basic gist of it it's detailing what the dagger is and who's it was."
Narrowing his eyes he began to read.
"Ancient dagger of the Ancients or god...... i think it's pronounced 'Vexous'.
The dagger was given as a gift to the tribes of the world when she came to visit there world from another; it was meant to be a symbol of their unity."
"Meant to be?" Aveyon asked.
"Looks like fighting broke out over who should hold the dagger and keep it safe."
He blinked a few times, "it says that the god or ancient one- not sure of the direct translation; tried to take the dagger away to stop the fighting, but instead the tribes banded together and sealed the ancient one away using the dagger."
"That's harsh" Aveyon Added.
Blowing the dust from the pedestal more writing appeared. "How'd you know there was more?"
"Just a hunch." He laughed and continued.
"Sealed here, Vexous the ancient one, never to leave us again."
Aveyon frowned, "They sealed her because they didn't want her to go home?"
"Why her?"
"It just sounds like a girl's name" She shrugged. "Should we take the dagger and run some tests- see how old it is?"
He nodded. Picking up a stone about the same size of the dagger he nodded at her.
She knew what she had to do. "On three" He said.
"One....Two....Three"
Aveyons hands encircled the dagger and to Damon's eyes she simply vanished into thin air.
Damon dropped the rock he was holding his mouth wide open in shock. "Aveyon........AVEYON!"

"Damon! Damon damn it I'm right hear why are you yelling!" Aveyon looked confused, he couldn't hear her- in fact she suspected he couldn't see her ether.
"Guess i know what happen to my parents after all." she muttered.
"In that you are correct." A voice came from behind her causing her to jump.
She spun around to see a figure dressed in white and gold sitting on the wall.
"It's a one way trip for any human." The women smiled sadly, "They did try to get back but the results..... It would have been better if they stayed here as i had suggested."
"Wait what? What's going on?" She looked at Damon who was looking frantically around the room.
"You've crossed over into my so called prison, a dimension parallel with your own; you entered it by touching the dagger.
"Your Vexous?" Aveyon asked.
Her eyes widened, "Your the first ones to truly translate the writing correctly, I havn't heard my name for so long...yes I'm her."
"This is amazing!" Aveyon exclaimed excited, "There is so many things i want to ask you."
Vexous smiled, "You are very much like them, the ones you came looking for."
"You said they tried to get back? Why didn't they make it?" She questioned.
"The key is one way; but there are ways to force ways out of this dimension, unfortunately the human body cannot make it through the ordeal, they were good people, they tried hard to get out of this dimension, but their bodies couldn't stand the pressure."
"I was pretty sure they were gone, but it's good to know how i guess." She glanced at Damon.
"Is there no way i came tell him I'm here."
"I've been tiring for centuries to have people notice me, sometimes they can feel that we are here, or sometimes think they are hearing voices, but nothing that comes through strong." Vexous added.
"I have to try." Aveyon put a hand to Damon's face. "I'm not sure i can get out of this."
Damon head shot up, he shivered as he felt a slight brush on his check. "Aveyon?" He whispered, "Your here aren't you?" His heart was in his throat.
He turned and went to place a hand on the dagger.
"NO DONT!" Aveyon yelled.
Damon's hand halted a few inches from the dagger, had he heard something?
His hand clenched into a fist as his let it fall to his side, he knew the voice he had heard though it was faint it was her.
He looked around at the air; he knew she was there somewhere, somehow. "I'm going to get a team; I'll be back, hang tight we'll get you out." He paused and looked straight in the direction Vexous was sitting. "Both of you."
Vexous's head tilted to the side, "Interesting...."
Aveyon looked at her and frowned, "What is?"
"Not only did you get through to him somehow, he knew you were with another, you must care for each other deeply."
Aveyon played with her engagement ring and smiled. "We'll get out of this, just you wait, Damon's a smart man."
Vexous stood and walked towards her dagger.
"I actually..........believe you..... i may be going home after all."
That peaked Aveyon's interest. "Where are you from?"

Vexous smiled, she couldn't hide her happiness. "It's a world called Menewsha."

To be continued! DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!
(this is the end coz hey i like leaving things on cliff hangers- perhaps i'll continue the story in another writing comp yeah!)

Last edited by Vexous; 07-09-2013 at 12:03 AM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-09-2013, 12:11 AM

Omg wall of text entry. o.o i bet its amazing. *to lazy to read*

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenroseheart View Post
very nice... when I saw the basic shape, I saw two things: woman, spaceship... it appears most people see a woman
i'm pretty sure what i saw hasn't been seen /turned in yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
I saw a pair of safety scissors when I first looked at it... xD

Thanks Maidan, thanks Momo!
you entered a very pretty entry though. :]

maidenroseheart

Old 07-09-2013, 12:12 AM

it is a wall of text... my eyes glazed and I skipped it...

you must have something original planned then :D

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 07-09-2013, 12:19 AM

Oh my goodness... I'm going to have to save reading over your post for tomorrow night, Vexous. The first few lines were great but my eyes have been trying to glue themselves shut since 1 AM!

Thanks Shadami! I had to fight myself a bit to make them into something less scissor-y. xD

maidenroseheart

Old 07-09-2013, 12:21 AM

oh darling... get some sleep!

Vexous
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2013, 12:37 AM

xD lolz yeah i knew i would scare some people with the length hahahaha

doing things small i just cant do XD
(used to writing a whole lot more for my books)

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-09-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
Oh my goodness... I'm going to have to save reading over your post for tomorrow night, Vexous. The first few lines were great but my eyes have been trying to glue themselves shut since 1 AM!

Thanks Shadami! I had to fight myself a bit to make them into something less scissor-y. xD
yesh i agree. go get some sleep.

and you are welcome. I'm going to have such a challenge making something to compete with you amazing people.

LYN
*^_^*

Old 07-09-2013, 02:21 AM

I just realized I forgot to do my entry properly (Sorry) xO*embarassed*

My Artifact Entry:

I call it: Eternal Youth

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-09-2013, 02:31 AM

Didn't even notice past the awesomeness.