The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-09-2013, 02:39 AM

Same here. XD

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-09-2013, 02:48 AM

I noticed, but felt weird pointing it out 'cause I thought she was going to enter it properly when she finished the writing portion. XD

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 07-09-2013, 03:14 AM

I didn't notice either... it's amazing

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 07-09-2013, 03:19 AM

good for you for being smart and observent kent.

LYN
*^_^*

Old 07-09-2013, 04:40 AM

lol! Thanks anyways ^^

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-09-2013, 11:31 PM

Somehow I must have unsubscribed to this thread. Sorry guys! Looking stuff over now.

edit: Please ping me if you need my attention. I'm finding the map thread to be all-consuming currently so I might be slow to update this one. <3

Last edited by BellyButton; 07-09-2013 at 11:36 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-10-2013, 01:58 AM

It happens Belly. ^-^ That just means you've not noticed how lazy and time taking i am to finish the piece i'm working on. hahhahaha

and than i have to make a second one . o.o OH GOD

Gothika_Knight
Guess who's back~ For those who ...
Send a message via MSN to Gothika_Knight

Old 07-10-2013, 11:59 AM

Hmm

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-10-2013, 12:35 PM

i'm taking my good old time on the first artifact. do you know how long making a second will take!!

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 07-10-2013, 03:46 PM

I will be getting busy with this sometime today.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-10-2013, 04:08 PM

me too!! :] i just have o finish it up.

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 07-10-2013, 05:11 PM

I ENED TO OCLOR MY ENTRY.
it looks so great, omg. I made it so creepy.
it's fleshy and bloody and has eyes and teeth and bladessss.
IT'S ALL INKED AND PRETTY ATM OMG
I just need to not mess it up when i color it with markers 8D

LYN
*^_^*

Old 07-10-2013, 05:42 PM

I can't wait to see your entries!! :)

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Old 07-10-2013, 05:43 PM

Hmm...Me thinks I might not have to color it in.
it's very detailed and nice already, I don't want to ruin it with color...
I'll scan it without color, and then I'll color it in and if I like it I'll enter the colored one~

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-10-2013, 07:55 PM

Good idea, momo. I like to do that too. Can't wait to see it. o wo

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Old 07-10-2013, 09:01 PM

pritner-kun refuses to let the tips of the blades show, even though they are in the range of the screen. WUTEVS. THE TIPS AREN'T ANYTHING SPECIAL ANYWAY. JUST SHARP TIPS. BE LIKE THAT, PRINTER. BE LIKE THAT. /sobs

R a n d e h: R u b y: this is mah art entry~ i was going to do two different things before, but this one is aweesoomeee

My Artifact Entry:

I call it: Demons bane

Artifact Name: Demons bane
Is this based on an art entry? hurr yer gooo
My Lore Entry:

Quote:
This is a mere legend. The creator of this blade is unknown. The Demons Bane, it's called. It's a blade that demons supposedly hate, just the name strikes fear in the creatures. The blades, the two t the top and the large one at the bottom, are made of silver. The hilt of the blade is covered in a flesh-like material that sometimes oozes a red, blood like liquid. It's covered in eyes and toothy grins, The Demons Bane blade was made to strip demons of their soul. The top blades up top are used to gouge out the demon's eye, the user would chant "pectora volcanus cinis, EXSILIO lac tuum lemos mihi!" and the demon's soul would be trapped in the little mouths located on the hilt. The eye of the demon would then be added to the hilt of the blade. The big blade at the bottom has an unknown use. It is perhaps used to torture the demon while they are preforming the ceremony? Carvings and stories of the blade have also stated that the blade talked. You could hear the voices of the demons trapped inside coming form the blade. Sometimes the mouths on it would open up and start screaming. It was said it could drive one mad.
the story probably sucks but I tried

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 07-10-2013, 09:08 PM

BellyButton: might I just make a friendly suggestion that the next time there's a line art contest that the line art could be drawn/saved with a transparent background for those of us that draw digitally? It won't make any difference to the traditional artists because obviously the paper will not print out clear and it will make all the difference for the digital artists.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 PM

I used the magic wand tool in Photoshop to delete the background and then duplicated the line until it was more solid again.

/should be thinking of writing

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Old 07-10-2013, 09:13 PM

with the program ru does, it doesn't do that P:
I've used firealpaca before (the art program ru uses) and you can't do that.
it really would be easier for it to be transparent.

R u b y

Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 PM

I know there are ways to get it like that, all I'm saying is that it shouldn't be too difficult just to draw it that way so it's easier for everyone. It's just a suggestion.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-10-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
BellyButton: might I just make a friendly suggestion that the next time there's a line art contest that the line art could be drawn/saved with a transparent background for those of us that draw digitally? It won't make any difference to the traditional artists because obviously the paper will not print out clear and it will make all the difference for the digital artists.
Excellent suggestion. I'll make sure to note it somewhere prominent for next time.

R u b y

Old 07-10-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
Excellent suggestion. I'll make sure to note it somewhere prominent for next time.
Thank you very much :3 That's all I ask~

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-10-2013, 09:29 PM

Finished the art part.. now I'm going to write the other part that goes with it.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 07-10-2013, 09:37 PM

I didn't mean to be disrespectful with my suggestion. I've only ever used Paint.NET and GIMP outside of Photoshop and found the features similar.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 PM

My Artifact Entry:

I call it: Squid Talisman

Artifact Name: Squid Talisman
Is this based on an art entry? talismin
My Lore Entry:

An old journal is next to the artifact, some pages are smudged and worn from age, and water damage. And you can't find any readable dates. But this is the information you can ascertain from its pages.

An explorer discovered this island many years before and stumbled upon a small society of fisherman. He would watch as they hunted, and was amazed by their skill at hunting boars, and foraging for fresh fruit, but it was nothing compared to when they went out into the water. A hunter might go out and bring home a boar, but every time the fisherman went out they would bring home piles of fish that would feed the entire village.

The children would help their mothers weave baskets than the men could bring the fish home in, than they were allowed to go and enjoy themselves in the forest, or playing in the center of the village. Some of the older ones would go out with the hunters on hunting trips; but they seemed to crave for their first chance to go out into the water.

It would seem though that no one, male or female, could go out into the water until they met certain requirement. One such man the explorer watched had been designated as a hunter because he was one of the best in the village. But he stumbled upon the bride he wanted for his own. She would not have him until he gave her 'the one gift required.' A small blue gemstone that was dangerously deep within the jungle. He was madly in love with her though and returned triumphant.

She than pulled out what at first appeared to be a sculpture of a female body out of a rock. It seemed that once girls became of age, they would go out to find 'the perfect rock' and would carve and impression of themselves onto it. Once a man fell in love with them, and they with him, and he had given them the gem stone; the new couple would than paint the rock with berries and flower pigment. The explorer could not figure out exactly how they did it, it was something they would not allow him to see.

What the new couple did was go into a hut for several days. Children that were part of their family might bring them food occasionally, but no one else ever entered. Several days later, they would come out and the man would have the rock around his neck on some kind of twine. The explorer believed it was a stripped vine. And it now resembled the appearance of a squid.

He went to the man who went through this ritual who had become like a friend to him over his time on the island. The man allowed him to look at the necklace and explained the importance of it. It was like a wedding ring between two people, tying them together. But it was also a protection talisman. When he looked down at his chest what he would see was the shape of his love. Her head ablaze with a brilliant gem, because she is his gem. Reminding him to be careful when fishing because he has someone to return home to.

And for the evil spirits that would alert any sea monster, they would see a great sea squid and would leave the man alone. The explorer stated in his journal that when he looked at the gem stone, it seemed to shift and move, just like the surface of the ocean. The societies belief in the power of it,and what he saw in the stone that day, made him wish he had one of his own for when he tried to return home.

Nothing in the journal has any indication of what happened to the Explorer.

Last edited by Shadami; 07-11-2013 at 12:14 AM..