Joey Kitsune
*^_^*

Old 09-25-2010, 06:03 PM

Anyone seen the show 1000 Ways to Die? I've been a fan of it since maybe the start of this year or later. It kinda speaks to me on how dumb some people can be and is one of the few shows that makes me question, "Are humans REALLY the most intelligent creatures?" Even if the deaths are fake, it still strikes me as good story telling.

SaetonChapelle
Do not fight with the ignorant. ...

Old 09-26-2010, 03:04 PM

I love that show, and it truely shows how dangerous the world is, even things that you never expected. oo

I remember one episode with a woman fishing, and she ended up launching the fish into her throat. Not only is there such a long show of that EVER occuring, but how she died was just awful. And another where they had actual camera footage of a gentlemen who had been run over by a truck, or another in a giant dryer. /shudder

My fav was the red ants though. oo

UsagiHeart826
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-26-2010, 11:32 PM

It kind of scared me. One time, there was this guy who laughed for hours on end because he heard a funny joke, and then he collapsed on the floor and died. I was afraid to laugh for an hour.lol.

Bulbedoe
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-27-2010, 02:45 AM

I laugh my butt off at some of the ways that the people die on there lol.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 09-27-2010, 02:07 PM

I love 1000 ways to Die! I just love most of Spike's programs like that. 1000 ways to Die, 1000 ways to Lie, Deadliest Warrior and of course Manswers.

I think my favorite death was this trophy girlfriend to an old man. He was rich and she kept trying to get more money out of him, even though she had a room safe full of money. She would spread the money on the floor and lay on it. One day there was an earthquake and some sacks of money fell on her, crushed her windpipe and she suffocated.

Now thats karma ^.^

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 09-28-2010, 02:51 AM

A lot of those "ways to die" were debunked or just urban legends. The show is based on very little facts and just takes stories that have no real research done on them and make a show out of them. It's still entertaining even if it's mostly made up.

Cheya
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-28-2010, 09:04 PM

I like the one with the sex addict and the big carrot that ruptured her lady bits and forced an air bubble into her bloodstream...

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 10-06-2010, 10:14 PM

Oh, this show is so amazing :XD It's hilarious to see how some people can be so stupid. I know some were accidents and not the fault of the deceased, but most were. The lady with the carrot like mentioned above was so gross, yet funny as well. I like the funny captions they put on when they go over the death.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-07-2010, 10:47 PM

some of the ways are just human stupidity I mean REALLY.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 10-07-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora Lorington View Post
some of the ways are just human stupidity I mean REALLY.
Oh, yea, of course. But that's what makes it so hilarious :XD It reminds me of stupid criminal shows. I saw one the other day that had a burglar come into a gas station with a thong for a mask, and using a bamboo branch as a weapon. The clerk pulled out his safety gun and told him to get the hell out :lol:

Which reminds me! One of the deaths I saw on 1,000 Ways to Die was a stupid criminal story. A guy is planning to rob a jewelry store, but walks into the wrong store. The store he walked into was a gun shop! :XD So all the patrons pulled out the guns they were looking at and shot him!

Banshee
Cthulhu Spirtualist

Old 10-11-2010, 01:17 AM

@ Cheya

Yeah, Whose brilliant idea was it to use a carrot?

Anyway, It just freaks me out that it's still airing. Are people really that fascinated with death?

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 10-11-2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
@ Cheya

Yeah, Whose brilliant idea was it to use a carrot?

Anyway, It just freaks me out that it's still airing. Are people really that fascinated with death?
It's more the stupidity associated with the death that fascinates me.