Rigormortis Metamorphosis
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-11-2009, 11:49 PM

-If the title didn't warn you well enough....Stop reading because there may/will be spoilers!!)

If you wish/have seen the movie, continue on. ^ ^

I went to see 9 the day it came out, (Which was the other day) and well, it was sort of a disappointment to me. Just because the plot moved really fast(I know, they had to try and squeeze it into 79 minutes), a lot of the lines were really choppy and really felt rather empty, and lastly even though they were all supposed to be parts of the scientist, the characters felt rather empty and just there, not like characters.)

Cheap_Date

Old 09-12-2009, 12:02 AM

it felt like the script was ten pages long and then filled with a bunch of sketches. I wish this movie was 99 minutes long, that way there would be at least some time to stop and smell the film. There where no pauses in between any of the scenes to let you get to know the characters and the characters where instantly friends, there was no character build up. the story felt like it was rushed. like the guy who wrote the script was in a hurry or really wanted to get it over with. I would personally blame it on poor directing.

Rigormortis Metamorphosis
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-12-2009, 12:19 AM

@Fishy (Cheap_Date): You know, you've got me wondering what film smells like.:sarcasm:

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 09-13-2009, 10:34 PM

That was my biggest complaint with the film. It felt too darned rushed. The world was interesting, the background was fascinating, and aside from 9 himself I thought all of the other characters were interesting and in most cases criminally underdeveloped. The initial short film that the whole thing is based off of was really neat, and while it expanded on the whole... everything it just didn't feel polished enough to shine.

I can't say I was too impressed with 9's character either. I was semi-hoping they'd take a WALL-E approach and make him utterly silent, but instead they gave him Elijah wood's voice and made him Frodo 2.0. How depressing. I can't say I was a huge fan of the ending either. Yes, it coincided with the short film, but unlike the short film it felt far less satisfying.

All in all, I thought it a film with great potential, but not enough time to really delve into the more interesting situations and really develop the characters.

Son Zack
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-13-2009, 10:37 PM

I wanted to see it really badly, but I heard it was too short and the script could have been better. One of my friends told me that she thought that Elijah Wood was miscast.

That's a shame, I think it really could have been a cool movie. I'm gonna go see it anyway despite all the things pretty much everyone is saying about it, because I'm genuinely curious and Tim Burton always does interesting stuff. I'd like to see what his most recent creation is like.

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 09-13-2009, 10:45 PM

Aww, I was so looking forward to this movie, but it's been getting quite a bit of criticism.
I don't think I want to see it at the theater anymore. ;___;

I guess it'll be on my to-rent list later this year.

[Chip]
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-13-2009, 11:22 PM

Rigormortis, I completely agree. I went to see it yesterday with a friend, and though we greatly enjoyed the music and animation quality, the feel of the movie was very bland. There wasn't much character development or depth to much of what went on. I though that the ending was incredibly anticlimactic as well. My friend told me, though, that it was based off of a short that was silent, so I can understand where the faults came from, and in a way, I wish that they almost would have kept with the silence, with music and sound effect of course. It would have been cool to see a movie that could pull off a meaning at the end without once having to use word.