iGeek
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to iGeek Send a message via MSN to iGeek

Old 07-04-2007, 01:14 AM

• I went to see 1408 yesterday. Honestly, I get scared very easily, but I didn't think of it as that frightening. Creepy? Yes, rather. But not overly, "HOLYMYINEEDTOSLEEPWITHMYMOMMYTONIGHT D:!"

[minor spoiler]
    I did love the beginning scenes with the toilet paper and stuff, and how he was trying to figure out where a person could be to try and scare him like that. Of course, he saw that the room really was weird when the clock turned to a timer. >3<
    [/spoiler]

I also liked the post office scene.

Overall, 3 on the thrill factor, out of five.
    4/5 on the goodie factor. :]

As for casting... I think it was done extremely well.<3 Enslin's actor did a great job at looking... completely psychotic after a while.

[spoiler v.]
    Katie's actress did well too.<3 She just sort of.. dropped dead. o3o

Discuss.
    1408; thriller-wise.
    1408; casting-wise.
    1408; just how good/bad it was. :]

please mark spoilers. :<

Nariza
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Nariza

Old 07-04-2007, 03:33 AM

I'd rather enjoy seeing this. I really enjoyed the short story... and John Cusack is the hotness, mark my words.

iGeek
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-04-2007, 08:02 AM

• I wanna read the story, really badly. : D
    It was a good movie, overall.

Nariza
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Nariza

Old 07-04-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGeek
You should pick up 'Everything's Eventual'. It has 1408 in it, and a lot of other pretty groovy stories.

iGeek
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-04-2007, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nariza
Quote:
You should pick up 'Everything's Eventual'. It has 1408 in it, and a lot of other pretty groovy stories.
  • Alright, I'll sift through the local library and look for it.<3

padfootsy
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to padfootsy

Old 07-18-2007, 07:43 PM

First off, let me just say that i hate scary movies.
I don't read much Steven King, which in my case is odd since my dad, my boyfriend, and my best friend have read almost every Steven King / Richard Bachman book ever written.

However, I did read Everything's Eventual, and I liked it.

I went to see the movie with my best friend, and my boyfriend. I st between them and covered my eyes half the time. I give it a 10/10 on the thrill factor. But that's just me being scared.

Looking back on it, I liked it. But man oh man, I was ready to walk out of the theatre, it was really scary.

Oh, and I <3 John Cusack. That's pretty much the only reason I agreed to see it.

iGeek
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-21-2007, 06:51 PM

• I DESPISE scary movies, but I wanted to see 1408. I guess I forgot about how scary it was when SPOILER he started dreaming that nothing ever happened after the flood, before the post office scene. /SPOILER
    I reallyreally need to read the short story, apparently. o3o

Taiikou
Magical Panda

Old 07-22-2007, 12:04 AM

• In the reviews it seems pretty scary. I'm not one to watch horrors so I'd rather keep away from it. Besides that it seemed very well done in all the previews I had seen of it.

DreamEmpress
*^_^*

Old 07-22-2007, 01:49 AM

Not really scary and very very predictable. I predicted most if not all of what would happen.

(spoiler alert)

The one thing I predicted was when he woke up from the coma. I was like "come on" and predicted it was a trick and he will end up back in 1408. The entire time I was getting bored with that scene and I felt like leaving. Finally they get back. The fact that it really doesn't explain much about the room. All you know it is either A. cursed or B. Haunted (both are totally different).

(spoiler end)

I just felt a little disapointed. >< I was hoping for more.

Jax
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-22-2007, 03:22 AM

I would grade this movie as a B- flat. The commerical promoted it as a real scary movie, but like you said- it wasn't, it was just creepy and it would surprise you unknowingly.

When I watched the commercials, I saw some scenes that weren't in the movie. So I'm still wondering if I was daydreaming at some point. xD

I think it was when his daughter died and it turned to stone or something and the broken stone arm was shown.

O.O

iGeek
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-22-2007, 06:42 PM

• missyTARD `
    It was well-done, but I'm like you. I stay FAR away from horror movies. I just sort of yelped at some parts of this one, but come on now. It wasn't scary.

DreamEmpress
    I couldn't predict some of it. xD
    Haha, my friends and I were complaining all through that scene. We weare all, "Wtf! This CAN NOT be the end!"
    It was, though, disappointing. v.v

Jax
    You were so totally daydreaming.
    .-.

Taiikou
Magical Panda

Old 07-22-2007, 08:05 PM

• iGeek -
    Last horror I watched in theaters was Grudge which was on Halloween of 2004.
    And that dumb movie scared the crap out of my friend and I so in the end I'm just a puss when it comes to lame movies.
    Even the dumb Exorcist scared me at times...

iGeek
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-23-2007, 06:00 AM

• Never saw either of those movies.
    Too scary.

Jax
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-25-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:

• Jax
    You were so totally daydreaming.
    .-.
I got the scene on the girl turning to stone, but not the part on how the arm was on his shoulder. >.>
That was the scene that scared me during the commercials.

iGeek
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-25-2007, 06:54 PM

• Haha.

SPOILER
    You know, when the wall started leaking blood, I was waiting for it to burst and be all, IMMA FLOOD JOOOOOO~

But no.

[ s u b l i m i n a l. ]
Send a message via AIM to [ s u b l i m i n a l. ] Send a message via Yahoo to [ s u b l i m i n a l. ]

Old 07-27-2007, 05:17 PM

It was really only scary when you wwere watching it. Afterwards, I was just kind of like okay, that was pointless.
Good movie, nonetheless tho.

Jax
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-27-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
  • Haha.

SPOILER
    You know, when the wall started leaking blood, I was waiting for it to burst and be all, IMMA FLOOD JOOOOOO~

But no.
rofl. I thought about that too.
Actually everytime there's water or something coming out of the walls or sinks or whatever, I would always think that he would die drowning.
Geez, it took a painting to drown him. xD

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 08-01-2007, 06:06 AM

My brother saw this movie, and thought that it was cheesy. I didn't even bother going to see it (because I can't stand horror movies even if they are cheesy) but who cares. I'll watch it in a well lit room with a few friends whenever it comes out on DVD xD

Teeth
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Teeth

Old 10-09-2007, 02:22 AM

Well..I DID find it creepy and chilling, considering it WAS a Stephen King book Movie..
But not really scary. :/
The only scary scene there was was when the guy was screaming for help to the guy in the window in the building across the street, and for some reason, after a while of waving his hands, the man did the exact same movements as him at the same time. That I found really scary. O.O
but then he put the lamp to his face and it was HIM in the other window? That sort of ruined it...I mean...mineswell (Sp?) put a mirror in the window and call in horror. =-=;;

`realiize
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-09-2007, 03:43 AM

It wasn't horrible xD
I guess all the hype of it being really scary didn't really get to be when the scary parts hit.. Does that make sense? xD

The alarm clock was probably the only time I got scared at xD T'was a good overall movie -nod-

Andand, well to add to the "tension" there was a creepy guy sitting behind us like two rows back being creepy and we kept looking back.. man was it sketchy.
Well It was sketchy cause no one was in the theaters watching it with us, but like 10 people, so by two rows back I mean he was the only one sitting behind us. Haha
I guess you had to be there =3

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 10-09-2007, 03:16 PM

I just watched this last night. I gotta say.. it was pretty freaky. I didn't really think Jon Cusack (spelling?) did a very good job though. I mean.. anyone could have acted at least as well as he did but I think someone else could have done better.

[Ogin]
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-11-2007, 04:35 AM

I was so excited to see this movie...I love Stephen King! The books to movies.
So I saw this movie opening night with a friend.
We hated it.
:/

Rose Red was probably the best adaptation from his books.

Emrysa
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Emrysa

Old 10-11-2007, 09:51 AM

I really liked it more from an artistic standpoint.
The plot wasn't really bad and normally I can't stand John but he was ok in 1408. But scary? I didn't really think so either.

ohmi.Gosh
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to ohmi.Gosh

Old 10-11-2007, 03:30 PM

I wasn't terribly impressed... For a Stephen King adaptation, it was great. But for any scary thriller? Like you said, about average.

Cusack might just be too adorable for me to watch in a serious role, but i thought he did an excellent job deteriorating. And Jackson was waaayy cool, as always :'3

The only scary part for me was the bit in the vents. Ugh. Creeeppyyy!

Avira

Old 10-11-2007, 06:04 PM

Personally I didnt enjoy this movie in the slightist >_< I thought it was terrible and it bored me to tears, it wasent interesting nor scary =( A shame really, I had expected so much better.