Aganab
Butt

Old 03-22-2014, 08:14 AM

Doesn't it suck when a movie you want to see doesn't come to your local cinema? Or when it's run at your cinema is really short and you don't get a chance to see it? Or even if you just don't get a chance to see it because you don't have the time to?

Isn't it horrible when a movie you've wanted to see for ages is on TV and you get really excited about it, only to end up missing it?

That's a huge thing for me. I missed out on going to see Frozen with my friends because I was on a road trip. Yesterday a film with David Tennant was on TV and I got pumped for it, exhaust Tennant is the amazing, but I ended up falling asleep (I was really tired, ok) and woke up after the majority of the movie was over. And today an indie film with Jennifer Lawrence (I can't remember the title) is on and I'm doing the lights for a theatre production.

If only Netflix was a thing in Australia...

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 03-23-2014, 12:26 AM

I totally know what you mean about Netflix, we don't have it in New Zealand either.
Luckily for me, my girlfriend's flatmate is a manager at the cinema I go to most, so I hear about all the movies I want to see. A while ago though I had this annoying thing where the cinema was advertising this movie I really wanted to see for ages, and then they never actually got it in. I was so pissed off.

Aganab
Butt

Old 03-23-2014, 02:37 AM

Ah, that sucks. I live in a pretty small city, so our local cinema often doesn't bring in the movies I really want to see. It's really frustrating.
Weirdly enough, though, they did get the Book Thief in, but only for like a week, and they didn't advertise it, like, at all. I got to see it because a friend found out that its being played and I went with him, but some of my other friends weren't so lucky.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-26-2014, 09:32 PM

Netflix can be a tease sometimes. It almost never has the movie you're looking for.

Aganab
Butt

Old 03-27-2014, 07:28 AM

I always figured Netflix have absolutely everything, but I guess not.

Still better than not having any kind of legal internet streaming service available though.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-27-2014, 07:31 AM

They have a lot of movies, for sure. Probably multiple things on any given person's "want to watch" list. But it seems like every time there's something specific I want to watch, there's an 70% chance it's not available. But I won't complain too much, Netflix is still awesome and I really hope it becomes accessible in other countries soon!

Aganab
Butt

Old 03-27-2014, 07:45 AM

Yeah, a lot of services like that are being spread to other countries nowadays, like, say, Spotify.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 03-30-2014, 09:11 AM

[/COLOR]Aganab: Frozen is a movie I do and still do really want to watch...and Brave too...What I do when I want an affordable way to watch a movie is put a hold on a copy as soon as it is available or expected to be available at the local council library service...

I don't know about where you are but where I am, the local councils are slowly being incorporated into the One Card Library Network...which essentially makes it very easy and convenient for borrowers of items to borrow from libraries all over the state and be able to return it to the library where they got it from knowing that it will eventually end up back where it came from....from anywhere within the state....

Oh the possibilities! It's been a great improvement for access to more library items...without having to physically go any further...

If something like it does not exist where you are you should suggest it to those who can make it possible

Last edited by Ling; 03-30-2014 at 09:16 AM..

Aganab
Butt

Old 03-30-2014, 10:25 AM

That's pretty awesome. I think my library might have such a system, I'll have to check it out, since I'm certain there's one for books, though I'm not sure about DVDs.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 04-01-2014, 12:32 AM

It is...should suggest it to be implemented if there's not already something like that in place.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 04-05-2014, 11:02 PM

I miss out so often but it's usually due to my own laziness. My cinema doesn't always get all movies in but when one does I just leave it go and go and go, until it leaves. Then I'm like, crap. So I have to wait for the DVD which is extra effort so sometimes I might not even see it at all.

Maybe if I get my license. >.>