Aeryth
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2010, 04:35 AM

Is anyone here a fan of the CW television series, The Vampire Diaries? When it first premiered, I was afraid at first that it was just another teen vampire thing jumping on the bandwagon provided by the sudden, explosive Twilight fanbase. But the books were actually written before the Twilight series, and in my opinion it's MUCH better (and not just because of the 10000x more attractive actors/actresses!).

Narcissus
Taking a hiatus. See my sig for ...

Old 10-25-2010, 07:51 AM

I only saw one episode, but the story seemed a bit darker (like, there are actually vampires drinking human blood) and the characters seemed a little more likeable. I heard the books are terrible, but I haven't read them myself.

Aeryth
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2010, 05:29 PM

Haha, yeah it's much darker. Lots of killing and fighting, but then again I think that's how it should be with vampires~ :P The characters are much more developed and dynamic, and I agree with likeable as well! It differs from Twilight since its focus is on the overall concept of a modern-day vampire, not just a romance between a vampire and a human.

I have the first two books, but I've yet to read them. I started the first though, and it seemed pretty good so far, but like I said I've only gotten a handful of chapters into it. The show itself though keeps me hanging, so I'm good.. :3

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-26-2010, 05:28 AM

The books are actually pretty good I thought, and as for the series I watched the whole of season one and loved it XD

Aeryth
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-26-2010, 06:08 PM

carzeebear: Awesome! :3 You should totally start season two, there's only like 6 episodes so far but they've ALL been really fast-paced and make you wanna flip over a table at the end... >3>;;

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-27-2010, 06:38 AM

I would, but they aren't out in NZ yet.

Deniece
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to Deniece

Old 10-27-2010, 03:38 PM

I've watched a few episodes but I kept getting distracted so I stopped. I LOVE the books though. i first read them in the early 90's after they came out, but they were my favorite books..... Of course it seems like things change as you get older, and I may not like them as much, but I've started rereading them since L.J. Smith has come out with new books to the series.

Aeryth
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-27-2010, 06:08 PM

carzeebear: Oh, really? That's odd~ :B you can probably find them online somewhere though. I know the CW puts the full episode on their website on the following Tuesday, but we have sketchy wifi in our dorms so it takes like three hours to buffer, which is why I just pay $2 and buy the episode off iTunes :P

Deniece: Oh really? Well good to see there are some good fans of the book series then! :3 I know I've enjoyed what little of the first book I've gotten through so far, so I was hoping they were really good. And oh wow, you read them a while ago! XP You were way ahead of the curve then, lol.

Deniece
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-27-2010, 09:53 PM

LOL, yeah.. I think I read the first one in 1991 shortly after it came out and they became my favorite books at the time.... Of course I was 17 then. Then after I found out she was writing more books for the series, I thought I would reread them. I'm taking a break right now though until I'm sure I have every part to it... LOL I hate reading something and then not having the whole series.

Aeryth
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-28-2010, 01:25 AM

Ah, I see~ and haha, 1991? That was the year I was born... o3o; but I know what you mean, I like knowing the full story so I hate to read/see something if it's not whole! x_x

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-28-2010, 03:14 AM

Haha, I wasn't even born in '91. And I have very low bandwidth, so no downloading for me.

Aeryth
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-29-2010, 01:35 AM

Ah, I see~ :/ that stinks~ when does Vampire Diaries start with season 2 in NZ?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 AM

I'm not sure :(

Aeryth
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-29-2010, 05:41 PM

Ugh, that stinks~ D; I'm waiting for iTunes to put up the latest episode from last night. Don't know when they put them on, but I wanna see it so badly! Oh, and on a somewhat related note... there's a guy in my dorm building, a couple floors below mine, who looks kinda like Damon... o3o;

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-30-2010, 05:18 AM

Oooo.... Naiiice.

Deniece
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-30-2010, 10:07 PM

ooohhh... that would make me happy :D The guy that plays Damon is sooo good looking :)

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-30-2010, 11:00 PM

Haha, my friend who isn't usually interested in that kind of thing, watched Vampire Diaries for the first time and I swear she was Drooling.

Aeryth
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-30-2010, 11:17 PM

OOOOOOMG I knoooooow!!! X3 I absolutely love Damon Salvatore. He makes me drool~ <3 and he looks so good for his age! >3< It's ridiculous. Makes me wanna talk to this guy and be his friend, but whenever I see him around, he's with friends, or I'm with a big group of friends, and it just doesn't work out~ x_x but anyways, yes. Damon is teh smex.

Gamergirl
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2010, 05:46 PM

I love the tv series, its awesome. I havent got a chance to read any of the books though

Mischievous Nocturne

Old 11-02-2010, 01:10 AM

Dude, I'd totally go gay for Damon if I had the opportunity. He's all dark and manipulative and clever >:B so that's a yes. I'm a fan of the series. And I'm a guy. That's right.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-02-2010, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischievous Nocturne View Post
Dude, I'd totally go gay for Damon if I had the opportunity. He's all dark and manipulative and clever >:B so that's a yes. I'm a fan of the series. And I'm a guy. That's right.
I'd totally go gay for Damon... if I was a guy, and not already bi...

Aeryth
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2010, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischievous Nocturne View Post
XD Hahahaha!! :heart: Jack, you're amazing~ <3 and glad you admit that! I think any guy would secretly go gay for him if they had the chance! XD That pretty much made my night, lmao.

LoveAria
In lesbians with Scott Pilgrim

Old 11-04-2010, 03:14 AM

i personally love vampires. i like the whole idea of the mystical creatures, living amongst humans:) i particularly like vampire diaries because it follows more of the original vampire story. Like dracula. Instead of "Twilight", which is completely stupid. Frankly, nothing even close to a vampire should sparkle.

I also like vampire diaries because not only is it a tid bit realistic, but it also has a love story that draws you in. The relationship between Elena, Stefan and Damen is amazing. Despite the fact that they could totally kill Elena with one hand.

And Catherine!! Personally, I've screamed at the television because of her. She drives me crazy, but deep down...i would like her to stick around awhile.

...That is all:)

Aeryth
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2010, 07:21 AM

LoveAria: Woot! I agree with you, I've always been fascinated with the whole concept of vampires. And yes, I was so happy when I saw that Vampire Diaries stuck with the original vampire concept, like how sunlight burns their skin (unless they have that ring) and how they cannot enter someone's home unless they're invited in. Instead of trying to twist it into something else (like Twilight; you're right, vampires shouldn't be sparkly!), they took the myth of the old vampire and tweaked it in order to fit it into a modern day setting.

Yes! The whole love triangle thing is more realistic of a relationship, and gosh, you can just feel the tension between the three of them! It totally sucks you in, and it not only focuses on Elena's relationships with Stefan and Damon but also includes the relationships of the other characters as well, another thing that Twilight didn't do (it only focused on Bella and Edward, and it was like no one else mattered >3>).

GAHHH!! Katherine!! I didn't like her at first, but I'll admit, I'm such a sucker for the manipulative villain, only it's usually a guy. I fell in love with Katherine though (lol in a non-sexual way) because she knows what she wants and is determined to get it no matter what it takes~ <3 She's completely sadistic and manipulative and clever... :3 but on occasion it does show that she does have emotion somewhere deep within.

Have you seen the latest episode (the masquerade ball)? D:

LoveAria
In lesbians with Scott Pilgrim

Old 11-04-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeryth View Post
LoveAria: Woot! I agree with you, I've always been fascinated with the whole concept of vampires. And yes, I was so happy when I saw that Vampire Diaries stuck with the original vampire concept, like how sunlight burns their skin (unless they have that ring) and how they cannot enter someone's home unless they're invited in. Instead of trying to twist it into something else (like Twilight; you're right, vampires shouldn't be sparkly!), they took the myth of the old vampire and tweaked it in order to fit it into a modern day setting.

Yes! The whole love triangle thing is more realistic of a relationship, and gosh, you can just feel the tension between the three of them! It totally sucks you in, and it not only focuses on Elena's relationships with Stefan and Damon but also includes the relationships of the other characters as well, another thing that Twilight didn't do (it only focused on Bella and Edward, and it was like no one else mattered >3>).

GAHHH!! Katherine!! I didn't like her at first, but I'll admit, I'm such a sucker for the manipulative villain, only it's usually a guy. I fell in love with Katherine though (lol in a non-sexual way) because she knows what she wants and is determined to get it no matter what it takes~ <3 She's completely sadistic and manipulative and clever... :3 but on occasion it does show that she does have emotion somewhere deep within.

Have you seen the latest episode (the masquerade ball)? D:
eeek! i am completely updated on the series. ive seen every episode. (me=crazy vampire fangirl!)

when i saw that episode i freaked out, i was crying, yelling at my television, i even fell off my bed at one point. the series has progressed and become so much more interesting since the first few episodes. i like how they put an equal amount of focus on everycharacter not just elena stefan and damon.

gaahhh i love it:3