Aganab
Butt

Old 09-30-2013, 03:07 AM

So there's this new show set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe - the same universe as Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, etc. In the USA the pilot aired on Tuesday last week, but sadly, in Australia it doesn't air until Wednesday this week. Still, I am very, very excited for it, to the point of fangirling whenever the trailer is on TV. Needless to say, my family is annoyed with me.

I'm sure that there's tons of Menewshans out there that are fans of the Marvel movies, so are you watching the show? If you live in some place where it hasn't aired yet, or if you haven't had a chance to watch it yet, are you excited for it?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 09-30-2013, 09:46 AM

I live in New Zealand, and I have no idea if it's even coming onto TV here, but I've seen the episode and it is fantastic. #coulsonlives I don't want to give away too much if you haven't seen the episode yet though.

Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shi...

Old 09-30-2013, 03:47 PM

Coulson! That is all.

Silence
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-02-2013, 06:00 PM

I'm in the US, and I've seen the first two episodes that have aired so far. I'm excited to see where this will go.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-02-2013, 11:11 PM

The second episode was slightly less cool than the first, I think just because the initial "OMG" had worn off, but I loved the second half of it, and FitzSimmons is totally my favourite. Aganab: has the first episode aired in Aus yet?

Aganab
Butt

Old 10-03-2013, 01:59 AM

@Bearzy - Yes, yesterday. There was actually a two-episode premiere, and I'm pretty sure the rest of the series is going to be fast-tracked from the US.

I haven't got time to write a long post just now, so might I just mention how awesome Nick Fury's cameo in the second episode was. I really hope that some other popular characters from the franchise appear on the show.

_PuoNayda_
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-23-2013, 12:26 PM

Show started off good. Gonna watch the new episode later on today...minus the commercials. DVRs FTW!

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 11-18-2013, 09:46 PM

The show started off so freaking well. I was insta-hooked. But it's slowly been going downhill from there. And I'm not alone. I read an article yesterday that said their viewers watching dropped 40% already and it's expected to continue to drop. The critics are thinking the series might not want to go for a second season, too. I hate to admit it, but I kinda agree. I think Marvel should just stick to making kick-ass movies and leave the TV shows to the TV studios. And don't get me wrong, I looooove Marvel. I'm just... a little upset at how cheesy this TV series is turning out to be. I expected more and it's just not meeting me expectations. Maybe I'll get better after it gets out of those awkward first airings? But who knows.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-19-2013, 11:26 AM

I saw an article that said that even though the overnight ratings are lowering, the online watches etc are actually going up, so that as whole, the viewership is remaining constant. I actually really like how cheesy it is. It's half the reason I watch shows like SHIELD and Arrow. They're ridiculous and cheesy, but so are the comic books. Personally I think it's a really fun way of making shows.

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 11-20-2013, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearzy View Post
I saw an article that said that even though the overnight ratings are lowering, the online watches etc are actually going up, so that as whole, the viewership is remaining constant. I actually really like how cheesy it is. It's half the reason I watch shows like SHIELD and Arrow. They're ridiculous and cheesy, but so are the comic books. Personally I think it's a really fun way of making shows.
Oh yes they are very cheesy, but they know that and make fun of themselves, such as in the first episode, is it something like...

Maria Hill: What does S.H.I.E.L.D. stand for, Agent Ward?
Agent Ward: Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.
Maria Hill: And what does that mean to you?
Agent Ward: It means somebody really wanted our initials to spell "shield".

And also when Samuel Jackson tells coulson not to get fish tank.

P.s apparently there are Lots of Easter eggs in the series

Check this site out

Series/Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Television Tropes & Idioms

Not if you don't want spoilers!!

Last edited by BrotherOfDarkness; 11-20-2013 at 01:25 AM.. Reason: Spoiler warning

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 11-20-2013, 09:18 AM

Oh man I love the TV tropes website. I pick up on most of those easter eggs while I watch the show though, because of my incessant watching of the MCU.
My favourite bit in today's episode was
Quote:
Skye: I wouldn't mind getting my human hands on Thor, he's dreamy
Coulson: Well he is quite handsome but-
May: No, he's dreamy.