Blossom Utonium
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-06-2013, 01:53 AM

Azn and I can post here only. Thanks!

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 01-06-2013, 10:26 PM

Mira walked around the asylum, her goal unclear. She pulled her shirt closer to her body as she shivered, Mira was rather small for a nineteen year old. She stood at an average five feet five, her height often causing her problems. It had been nearly a year since she was forced to get a job here, after her mother had died two years ago her father had remarried. Mira's new step mother was an ape of a lady, she had told her clearly that if she did not earn her bread there would be none for her.

Mira was surprised that she had managed to snag this job, women were looked down upon if they wanted to work. But in Mira's case it was either find work, or be left out to die. Her father knew nothing of this as she returned home before he, the moment Mira had started working her stepmother had cut off her hair. Her reason being she didn't want Mira to be a "disgrace to the family because she now earned" and it was clearly the mans job to earn the bread.

Mira was told that there would be a new patient arriving in today, she had heard rumors that he was a royal. She couldn't believe that someone from the royal family could go crazy, did they not have everything they needed? They were rich enough and grew richer each day from the ridiculous taxes they placed upon the peasants. Mira and another care taker were to be responsible for this new madman, her partner was no where in sight.

Arthur frolicked around the asylum without a care. He was a valuable caretaker, or so he liked to think. He had been working with the asylum for nearly ten summers, a pretty long time to be working amongst crazy people. Arthur was surprised he hadn't lost it himself. He spent pretty much twenty four hours cooped up inside the asylum. Arthur had no home since he was an orphan so the asylum had given him a room, which was more like a closet, and even provided him with meals.

Arthur was a pretty friendly man, his kindness and childish behaviour often got him into trouble. Arthur liked to think of most of his patients as temporary, the biggest job that Arthur had taken upon himself was to try and make the patient sane without shock therapy. Of course such ideas were looked down upon, everyone believed that once mad, you can never be cured. But Arthur knew that all patients who were accused of being mad weren't truly mad.

He had seen many cases in which women and men were sent to the asylum just because their family had no more use for them, and gradually they had become mad. Arthur stopped in his tracks, his thoughts coming to an end. He realized that he had some where else to be, there would be a new member joining them today. He hurried off to the shock room...that was where every new patient that arrived went.

Last edited by X---AznCo0ki3; 01-07-2013 at 01:08 AM..

Blossom Utonium
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-06-2013, 11:55 PM

"Let go of me! Let go of me I say!"

Alex was being dragged in by the asylum guards. What was this? Was a man of the kingdom not allowed to believe in the supernatural? Apparently not. Alex knew that is much have been his sister Kayla that turned him in. He thought he could trust her, no one would simply make up the fact that a phantom could have been in the castle. Alex never told a lie, even if it did seem rather outlandish. Alex knew very well that he wasn't insane. In fact, he was very bright. No one would argue against that. But why would his parents be so quick to send him to the asylum... they didn't even bother to hear him out.

"Make way, make way," one of the men dragging Alex yelled. As they entered the building, hall-roamers cleared the way as Alex was brought in. Everyone began to look, recognizing Alex from the royal Morphidines. Some were in shock, others made fun. Some were just confused. Alex was the last person they would expect to see there. Alex sighed. He felt absolutely humiliated now, and just gave up struggling. They took him into the shock room and threw him as if he was some sort of criminal, and he hit the edge of a chair and landed on the ground. "Someone will be in here soon to take care of you," one of them said as the exited, the door automatically locking. Alex got up quickly, running to the door, trying to open it.
"But I am not crazy! I am prince Alex! I do not belong here!" he yelled. He could hear some laughing from nearby cells. Ninety-five percent of all inmates came in with that like. 'I'm not crazy!' of course, that is what they all say.

With a sigh, Alex walked over to sit down in the chair he had hit so roughly. He sighed, running a finger through his blonde hair. He hoped this was all some misunderstanding.

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 01-07-2013, 12:17 AM

Mira had waited until the guards had thrust him in and had walked away. Timidly she opened the door, she bowed her head quickly and looked up at the Prince. "I apologize on their behalf for the rough way they treated you. If there is anything you need...my name is Mira. You can call on me, or Arthur. He will be your other care taker" her voice was soft as she spoke. She wondered what the Prince had possibly done to end up in this treacherous place, Mira would never wish this place upon even the most hated person for this was truly hell on Earth.

Her eyes were wide as she continued to stare, catching her rude actions she averted her eyes. Ah yes, the shock chamber. Even after a whole year Mira could not get used to this cruel reality, she had scoffed the first time someone had told her that the shocks helped the patients get better. Mira knew that the shocks were probably the reason most sane people went insane. But of course, being a woman she had to keep her mouth shut and watch the injustice that went on.

For now, all she could do was wait for Arthur. That man was always running late.

The door fell open as Arthur stalked in, "well, well, guess the stories were true" he said with a huge grin. He couldn't believe his luck! Finally, he would be given a chance to treat a royal! Arthur couldn't hide his excitement as he thought on, but hold on...what was this? Arthur squinted towards the Prince, he looked as sane as a normal person could be.

"Tcch." Arthur made a sound of disapproval. "And here I thought I was getting to treat a mad royal..my my.." he muttered as he trailed off and just observed the Prince. Maybe, just maybe there would be something mad about this young man? Walking up to the Prince he circled around the young male once, Arthur tapped the child's head, then peered into his eyes.

"Fit as a fiddle and definitely sane as a human" he muttered half to himself and half to who ever cared. He turned to Mira, "Do you see anything wrong with him, dear?" he asked Mira with a raised eyebrow. Content that Mira shook her head he turned back to the Prince, speculating on what to say next.

Blossom Utonium
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-07-2013, 12:45 AM

Alex stood up when Mira entered the room. At first he had his level of defense up, for he didn't want to be manhandled again. However, Mira seemed nice, and sounded friendly, so he let his guard down. He bowed to her and nodded. "Much appreciated, Miss Mira," he said. "Thank you for being so kind... and much less abrasive than those men... I mean, they could have let me walk in myself. But, no matter." He felt a little more at ease knowing that he could talk with this person without feeling threatened. The door then came open and in stepped Arthur. By the way of his tone, Alex could figure that there had been word of his arrival around the asylum. Only one whole minute there and he was already famous... or infamous. Either one.

Arthur began to examine him, looking into his eyes and everything. He said that Alex seemed sane, which Alex appreciated hearing. Arthur then touched Alex, and Alex took a step back.
"May I request that you not touch me, sir?" he asked. "I apologize if that sounds rude, but I had the most horrible encounter with the people who brought me in. I am still a little sore."

At that minute, the door opened again and another person was tossed in. She hit the wall and slipped down, then got up and ran towards the door that closed. "Same time tomorrow, eh Bill?" the girl called out to the man. This girl wasn't knew, though. This was Diamond. She was a notorious member of the asylum, and she was downright crazy. She was the same age as Alex, 17, but she had been there since she was 13. She lost her mind pretty early and everyone knew it.

She looked around and noticed Arthur and Mira, as they were caretakers. Diamond's caretakers always switched because not many could tolerate her for so long.
"Hey, babe," she said to Arthur, swiftly slapping his behind and then going over to the far wall and sinking down it. "I guess y'all are stuck with me again! We gon' have some fun ain't we? Wait... who's this fella?" She got onto her knees and looked at Alex. He looked at her, trying to keep a straight expression as she was really freaking him out. He bowed and introduced himself as prince Alex. "Uh-uh! You a prince! Wow that is seeeeeeexyyyy." She proceeded to roll on the floor before standing up and laughing. Now Alex was afraid. If this was one person, how was everyone else?

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 01-07-2013, 01:23 AM

Mira was cut short by Arthur, she stared at the man. How was he not one of the people in the asylum? She blinked innocently at him, he was kind..but just a tad bit loony. The worst part was, Mira knew Arthur didn't realize it. Her head turned towards the door as another was shoved in, Mira knew who it was at once. Diamond. She smiled warmly towards Diamond, the girl was a lively one. Diamond was two years younger than Mira and she often treated her as a younger sister.

Mira let out a small laugh when Diamond slapped Arthur's behind, she was a bold one for sure. She, however, quickly silenced herself when Arthur shot her a glare. The odd twenty one year old was always being teased by Diamond, it was comical to see their explosive relationship.

Arthur nodded, "forgive me for the intrusion of your personal space" he said with a small bow of his head. "So, may I know the re.." he stopped as he saw Diamond being flung in. He sighed, guess they were stuck with her again, Arthur's face went red as she slapped his behind. "Must you always touch me so provocatively?" he muttered.

Taking care of Diamond was always a..task. It was actually a bigger task than taking care of most of the other patients...unlike the others Diamond wasn't very...obedient. Sometimes, Arthur felt that she used the fact that Arthur and Mira wouldn't shock her if she misbehaved to her advantage.

Both Arthur and Mira watched in amusement as Diamond continued to be..well...Diamond. Both care takers laughed softly. Looks like she was adjusting to her new friend just fine.

Blossom Utonium
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-07-2013, 01:45 AM

Alex watched Diamond carefully. He felt like he was being rude, but he didn't want Diamond anywhere near him. She was completely insane. He wasn't anything like that at all! How did he end up in a place like that? Behavior as such would never be tolerated anywhere near the castle.

"I cain't help it, Artie," Diamond said. She liked him a lot, but she knew very well that he probably would not return the feelings, or so she thought. After all, who would want to be with someone so mentally lost? "Y'all know you looooove me, don't even try ta deny it!" She proceeded to hop around the room until she landed closer to the three. Alex took two steps back, still watching her. Diamond flipped her hair and grinned. She chewed the gum she got from somewhere out right onto the floor. "So, where are we goin'?" she asked, resting her arm on Mira's shoulder.

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 01-07-2013, 02:01 AM

Arthur sighed and shook his head. He had no idea of becoming romantic with anyone anytime soon, be the person sane or insane. He watched her animated movements, she was a mysterious one. The only person that seemed to be able to understand Diamond was probably Mira, and that was probably because Mira herself was a woman. A small woman...but a woman none-the-less.

Mira smiled kindly as Diamond put her arm on Mira's shoulder. Mira instantly noticed Diamond chewing something and frowned, "Diamond...spit it out right now" she commanded. She knew the girl must have just picked it up from somewhere because prisoners weren't allowed such leisure. Sticking her hand into her pockets Mira pulled out something she had gotten for Diamond yesterday, she held out ten beautifully wrapped candies to Diamond.

"I bought these for you...so please spit it out" she told the younger girl with a gentle smile. Such delicacies were a bit expensive but it was nothing Mira couldn't afford once in a while. Plus, she really did care for Diamond as if she were her own younger sister.

Blossom Utonium
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 AM

Diamond just laughed when she heard this command from Mira. She liked Mira but not enough to take commands from her, even if she was supposed to listen to her. "Ah! You so funny," Diamond said, chewing louder and more obnoxiously. This all changed, however, when Mira revealed the candy. One of Diamond's biggest characteristics was that she was a sugar addict. She loved sugar more than her on family. This was the instant deal. She spit her gum flat out onto the floor and snagged the candies. She ran to the wall and sank down it again, hoarding the candies. Alex just watched this in disgust.

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 01-14-2013, 09:29 PM

Mira sighed in relief as the girl accepted the candy. She could feel Arthur's eyes boring a hole into her head, it was strictly forbidden for caretakers to give the patients anything. It wasn't the first time she was breaking this rule as well, she turned around and gave Arthur the most innocent look she could find. Her attention turning back to the Prince as she held out the last piece of candy, "Here" she told him kindly. He probably felt like an alien here so she decided to be kind to the boy, Mira felt that kindness was the first step in helping people regain their sanity. But, somehow in her heart Mira had a feel that the Prince was indeed rather sane.

[[I had so forgotten I had not replied to this! p___p Apologies!~]]

Blossom Utonium
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-20-2013, 11:14 PM

Diamond was in her own world now... well actually, when WASN'T she? She stuffed the candies down her throat, as nothing appeased Diamond more than sugar. Her eyes sparkled as she enjoyed the treat, th nasty girl licking her hands clean and then sinking onto the floor. Alex grimaced and just shook his head. He had never knew that people like this existed, because he had always been sheltered from them. Alex could tell instantly that he would not get along well with Diamond, and certainly not other inmates if they were anything like her.

Alex then smiled when Mira offered him some of the candy. He liked sweets, too, but seeing Diamond destroy the candies right in front of them ruined any appetite he would have for a while.
"That is very kind of you, but I am fine for now," Alex politely declined.

(Don't worry about it :) )

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 01-26-2013, 11:44 PM

[[Woo, exams are done!~ I'll be getting back to posting regularly once more!~ ^^]]

Mira nodded and put the single delicacy back into her pouch. She leaned against a cold tin table, if you could really call it a table. It seemed like they had just taken a metal chunk of something, perhaps a trash can, and had just set it in the center to match the equally cold and uncomfortable chair that the Prince sat on. "If you do not mind me asking, what have you done? Why were you dragged to this place." she said with a frown. Mira had heard no news of anything going wrong in the palace, but the royal family was rather secretive.

Arthur hobbled over as he heard Mira asking the question that he had been dying to ask. He grinned and patted Mira's head, this was his way of showing affection and gratitude towards the young girl. He knew her story and he applauded her for being brave enough to stick around this place, many had come and gone in Arthur's time here. He quickly took off the quill from behind his ear and unrolled a piece of parchment, grabbing his ink bottle from the small satchel he always carried with him he turned his undivided attention to the Prince.

Blossom Utonium
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-03-2013, 05:18 PM

(Yay! I'm just sorry that I'm slow... lol)

Alex rubbed his hands together, feeling uncomfortable. He thought that if the royals kicked him out for a simple thought, these two would easily make fun of him, despite how nice they seemed. And Diamond... he didn't even want to think of what she would say or do. Nevertheless, he sighed and calmed himself, so that he could tell Mira and Arthur the truth.

"I thought I had seen an appartition," he said. "I told my sister, but she told on me and had me sent here. I knew she wanted the throne when we became of age, but... not that badly..." he sighed sadly.