Channah
Purple Peril
NPC

Old 09-17-2017, 01:27 PM

That's some interesting paper you have 'Kitami.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 09-17-2017, 03:53 PM

I would like to bid 3100 goldies please :)

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 09-17-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channah View Post
That's some interesting paper you have 'Kitami.
Thanks. I was trying to go for a shaded maybe slightly crumpled look.

Bid for thingy 3,200.

Channah
Purple Peril
NPC

Old 09-20-2017, 04:08 PM

Well ya pulled it off.

Five more days until the end of the Auction.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-20-2017, 04:57 PM

Count me at 3300

How is everyone's week going?

`Kitami

Old 09-20-2017, 05:12 PM

Thank you Channah. ^_^

Su:: It goes. I'm catching up on my reading. I've got all these history books focused on the Wars of the Roses/Tudor-era England and I'm in love. Lol. I have a 75-book reading goal for this year. I think I will still make it, but I've gotten way behind. I was in Missouri this summer for over 2 months total. And everything is so messed up back there, I never have time to read, I'm always trying to fix my mom's messes. How's your week going?

3400 on the cursed book~

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-20-2017, 09:10 PM

3500 here. Reading is wonderful! Are they actual historic books, or just stories based in that era?
I've gotten bad about reading. Just been reading manga online because they're so much faster and haven't had the focus with some of the books I have right now. They're more intricate stories, and I've been too beat for that. Lol. My week has been good. Was off the last two days and work wasn't bad today.

`Kitami

Old 09-20-2017, 09:59 PM

3600 please.
They're actual histories. Biographies, actually. The one I'm reading now is a biography of Elizabeth of York, and then I have two more- one about Mary Boleyn and one about Anne Boleyn. I'm absolutely obsessed with this period. XD I got into it when I read The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory when I was like 16 or something. I still read like everything that woman writes, even though I get really annoyed with her sometimes. Like, her fiction is really well researched to a point and then she sensationalizes a lot of things. Like in The White Princess she has Henry VII raping Elizabeth of York and like being super psychologically abusive to her and controlling and there is zero evidence for that, and actually a lot of historic evidence to the contrary- they seem to have had a very close and happy marriage, and she seems to have pulled the rape thing out of thin air. But I give her a pass, since she's the one who got me into history.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-21-2017, 01:31 AM

I know very little of it, but have heard of it. Have you seen the movie? I don't recall it too well, but I have seen it many years ago. I like that period as well, but I'm not as into real histories. I prefer adventure and comedy. Biographies can be very intriguing, but I find they bore me after awhile. Remind me of having to read textbooks *shudders*

Ah yes, that is annoying. Like why alter it so extravagantly? Perhaps she assumes that's what readers want and will make it sell better.

`Kitami

Old 09-21-2017, 02:36 AM

I never watched the movie. My mom liked it though.
I love biographies if they aren't dry as dirt. I have been known to read textbooks for fun.

I think that's it. You know, like most people don't want to read "Henry Tudor killed Richard III and then he was like 'I need to marry Elizabeth of York cause like I swore I would before God and also I have a pretty flimsy claim to the throne compared to a couple of these Plantagenets, but if I marry her then we will unite the houses of Lancaster and York and then maybe people will shutteth the eff up.' And E of Y was like 'I'll marry this dude because he's going to be the king and I used to be the top princess but then my uncle Dick the 3rd more than likely had my brothers killed and then had me and my sisters legally declared bastards and disinherited and NOW I can be Queen of England so HAHA plus I mean he's not bad looking.' So they got married and they pretty much fell in love. And yeah her mother in law was a pain in the ass and H7 was a huge mommy's boy but what can you do amirite? And they had lots of kids but some of them died, and then Elizabeth of York died because childbirth was scary and then that baby died. And then H7 died of like tuberculosis after playing hide and seek with Death for a while. And My Lady the King's Mother outlived everybody but 3 grandchildren. The end. PS then Henry the VIII." That's the highly abridged version. >_>;;

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-22-2017, 12:21 AM

I should watch it again, because I don't recall it at all.
Ugh, textbooks were the bane of my existance all through college. So dense and dry. I'm way more of a hands on person and like seeing things to get it. Reading textbooks would put me to sleep. You must be quite the intellectual. What is your career?

Oh my. Yes, back then death came very easily. Is that show called Tudors about them?

`Kitami

Old 09-22-2017, 03:13 AM

I'm a history student. I want to be a history teacher.
I think the Tudors is about Henry VIII and all his exploits but I'm not really sure.

*Hime*

Old 09-23-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channah View Post

You monsters already have my dress due to Peeblo and panties due to Yan!

Back off my style!

*cackle* Must be the leather binding.
Hihi, true. We need more of your style though!
How about the hair? it'll grow back

Oooh Suo and Kitami looks amazing!

I shall bid 3400 gold for the cursed ledger

`Kitami

Old 09-23-2017, 06:22 PM

Thank you Hime!
3500 on the book.

*Hime*

Old 09-25-2017, 05:57 PM

You are welcome! This months ci is lovely for a whole new angle on a avatars
I will bid 3600g!

`Kitami

Old 09-25-2017, 06:13 PM

Did you see the one that got Admin's Pic? It was really cool. I wouldn't have thought of using it like that.
I'd like to bid 3700 on the bookie-book.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-25-2017, 09:57 PM

I bid 3800

Dear goodness, this has been such a busy week. I haven't been online hardly at all. @__@;;
Gonna start working 6 day weeks now, too.

`Kitami

Old 09-25-2017, 10:45 PM

If I haven't missed the cutoff, 3900 bid. My computer clock's gone all wonky.

Well more money in the RL bank for you Su, I guess.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-25-2017, 10:53 PM

4000, I'm not sure when the cut off time is.

Yes, that is what I am looking forward to! But the six 8hr days in a row, not so much.

Last edited by Suona; 09-26-2017 at 02:58 AM..

`Kitami

Old 09-25-2017, 11:40 PM

The front page says 7pm central standard time, so it looks like you won!

Yeah that's a lot of hours. @_@ I hope you have time to rest. Your work is pretty hands on isn't it?

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-26-2017, 03:01 AM

I'm godawful with timezones. I can't keep up with them all at all, or the names of them. Mene throws me off, too, since the time is so off.

Lot of hours, but I just saw I made a typo and said 40hrs. Fixed it to 8. I usually work 40 in a week, but now 48. So honestly, it's less than what some people work. But yes, very physical work. Busy nonstop, but I love it. I don't like having spare time at work. We are allowed to take two 15 minute breaks at work, but I don't bother with them. Too much to get done.

`Kitami

Old 09-26-2017, 03:03 AM

My brother would like a job like that, I think. Or at least MORE like that. He works retail and gets crazy bored.

Channah
Purple Peril
NPC

Old 09-26-2017, 02:11 PM

It's fantastic to see you kids to be so good to each other. Sorry I nodded off a bit early last night, so I couldn't be around to close the auction.

*lifts heavy book*

Seems congratulations are in order. So, Suona where do you want this thing? How does it feel to be the first winner of the CCA's? Give us the scoop hun so we can immortalize ya on the front page.

~

Now that the auction is over I'd like to hear some comments & suggestions for the next item,
How did we do on this one? Do you think this is a sustainable activity? PM your thoughts to me. Oh!

The next auction shall start on October 1st...

*Hime*

Old 09-26-2017, 08:15 PM

Congratulations suo!
I still vote for the hair ^^

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-27-2017, 09:59 PM

I think it feels great! :D It's a rare occurance that I win auctions, as I don't have nearly as much gold as most of our older users on here do. And it's an item that I really wanted. I am very happy right now. I will certainly have to make an avi with it!

Thank you so much for hosting this, Channah! I have added the gold and accepted.

I would love to see the Captain's Hooch!

What hair do you mean, Hime?