Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...
Send a message via Yahoo to Jaijin

Old 09-22-2016, 11:56 AM

Burne turns around and looks at the goblin who has been scratching at his armor, "so you're next." He sighs as he lifts his hammer and brings it down upon the goblin, taking note of where the other goblins were.

atk: The 20-sided dice lands on 3+4+3+1
dmg: The 8-sided dice lands on 7+4

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-23-2016, 01:43 PM

Dex roll - The 20-sided dice lands on 13 + ?

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-23-2016, 02:46 PM

Aya manages to stay on her feet (as i expected cause you would only fail if you rolled a 20) and could see around the caravan where the one goblin with the spear stood by the two trembling human females, and a goblin with a morningstar stood by the rear of the caravan.

Min is able to reach the spear and switch weapons. Only with light cover between her and the goblins hidden in the trees where she was as she had to step out into the clearing to grab the spear. She'll be able to step back into the woods in the next round, or whatever you feel you need to do in the next round.

Burne smashes the goblin to the ground with no problems. Still having a movement phase available.

Remaining in round: Aya's movement and standard actions
Goblins turns.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-23-2016, 03:03 PM

Aya takes her Rapier, still in hand and stabs the goblin with the spear.
The 20-sided dice lands on 7 roll to hit.
Damage roll The 6-sided dice lands on 5 + 3

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...

Old 09-23-2016, 04:25 PM

Burne moves towards the goblins to the south of the caravan. "Here I come."

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 09-24-2016, 10:35 PM

{Two questions (and one sub-question) for you Shadami.
What sort of AC bonus does light cover provide? Is it +1?
Are any of the archer goblins not in cover/ out in the open?
If all of them are behind some sort of cover, which ones are behind light and heavy cover?}

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-29-2016, 02:57 PM

(okay. sorry about this. I was just to sick for the last week to brain power responses for this. I'm finally getting a bit better today.
The goblin archers will all be under various covers within the woods There is a +4 bonus to AC for having cover to hide behind, it doesn't matter if its light or heavy cover. In pathfinder there's a difference, but not in 3.5 :) If they were to move out into the clearing they would lose the bonus to their AC.)

The goblin that had been threatening the humans inside the caravan lets out a gasp of pain before sliding to the floor in endless open eyed shock at having been stabbed by a rapier, as Aya pulls the weapon back from the jab.

As the goblin Burne smashed hits the dusty ground he is already moving for the rear of the caravan where a morningstar toting goblin is standing.

(MIN, gotta explain myself a little better sorry. THe goblins in the south woods you have a cover bonus from, but you're wide open from the ones in the northern part of the woods since you're in the clearing. But there is a jutting out of the woods. Hence why i described it as light cover. that's my roleplaying it fault. sorry for the confusion>.<)

Last edited by Inspiration; 09-29-2016 at 03:04 PM..

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-29-2016, 03:59 PM

"Are you unhurt?" Aya asks looking at the humans. She was quite dirty and smelled of grass and dirt. Her voice seemed somewhat apathetic, yet seemingly concerned.

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-29-2016, 07:24 PM

(will be updating with the goblins move in this post in a little bit. head is fuzzy again. ears popped back into muting the world >.> UGH. I have to fix the image. Jaijin said I moved him to the wrong spot cause i misread. oops)

"Yes" the mother said softly holding her daughter close as her daughter pointed behind Aya at the remaining goblin in the broken wall and whimpered."We are fine."

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 09-30-2016, 10:03 PM

{Oh no, sad to hear you haven't gotten over your illness yet Shadami D:
This week I did five nursing shifts in a row and this morning I woke up sick so I can relate}

{Thanks for the clarification about Jolmah's cover. I originally thought she was under cover from all the goblin archers.
If Jolmah takes a five-foot step would she be under cover from all the archers?}

Regardless, Jolmah takes a five-foot step backwards to be either closer to cover or under cover from all the goblin archers.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-01-2016, 05:53 AM

(Yall need to stop getting sick. One of my coworkers is sick too)

(Did Aya miss a goblin? I didn't see one near there)

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 10-03-2016, 05:52 PM

(you can't take a 5 foot step in a turn that you've already done movement. Yes there was 2 goblins in the caravan, not just one poet. :D

I'm still coughing up a lung. and have a computer keep crashing on me like its as sick as I am. I know I rolled and was starting the goblins turns... but i can't remember what I did. They're all targeting the caravan anyways so ending the round. oh my head)

Jolmah can take her five foot step into cover at the start of this round if you would like her to. Unless she is going to be using a movement phase. The goblins have not noticed her yet since they just came out of the woods as she did.
Burne is actually further left than where I drew him. He was running straight at the goblins in the southern trees. (my mistake. sorry) He's just on the other other side of the dead goblin with the spear in its head.

Starting new round so:
Aya's Standard and Movement
Jolmah's Standard and Movement
Burne's Standard and Movement
Goblins Standard and Movement

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-04-2016, 05:59 AM

(Looking at the map it's hard to tell where that other goblin is, I just see a lot of bodies?

Turning to face the other goblin in the caravan Aya glares at him and attempts to pierce his chest with the blade.
The 20-sided dice lands on 16 roll to hit.
Damage roll The 6-sided dice lands on 3 + 3

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 10-04-2016, 01:31 PM

That's a fantastic natural 20 roll. Go ahead and take another roll to see if you can get another 20.

Here you go Poet. I circled the goblin you're killing.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-04-2016, 03:06 PM

(Oh that dude is at an opening? I thought the top was open and the hole I made)

The 20-sided dice lands on 5

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 10-04-2016, 04:06 PM

The goblin takes the rapier through its chest just missing its heart . The shock alone clear on its face as it collapses in the hole it broke through the wall of the caravan.

(yeah There's the door in the rood, the hole you broke through charging, and the hole that the goblin with the morningstar broke through the backside.
You did 8 x2 damage. Just a crit. )

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-04-2016, 04:24 PM

(So he dies anyways... I fear what would happen if I rolled a 20... does he explode?)
(16 damage though... that's a very dead goblin)

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 10-08-2016, 05:25 PM

{I started coughing a few days ago, but probably not as bad as you are. I hope you have already seen a doctor about that. If it hasn't improved in 2-3 days you likely need some sort of medication
Ok, I understand how the five-foot step works now. Thanks for the explanation}

Jolmah aimed and threw her spear at the goblin archer closest to her out of the group of goblins that appeared from the south.
Attack roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 7 +3 (str modifier)
Damage roll if it hits: The 8-sided dice lands on 5 +3 (str modifier)
Jolmah then took a five-foot step backwards into the forest to try and take cover from both groups of goblin archers that had just appeared.

{Can Jolmah identify what sort of weapons the other goblins that just appeared are holding? It looks like a stick with a ball at the end of it}

{I believe that throwing a spear is a full round action because it is a two-handed weapon so I cannot take a movement action during this round. If that is incorrect then I will change my actions in another post and take a movement action}

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 10-10-2016, 01:12 PM

You actually manage to hit the goblin despite aiming through the woods. A spear is only 1d6 points of damage though as opposed to your morningstars beautiful d8. The goblins that arent' archers are carrying spears once again.

( i don't have a doctor at the moment so i'm just kind of sticking it out. 20-20 is an insta kill. which of course since they have so little health it doesn't particularly matter in this case. But it's still fun to see if you get that 20-20)

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 10-10-2016, 09:54 PM

{Yay I got it!}

Damage roll: The 6-sided dice lands on 5 + 3
Jolmah squinted in the direction of the goblin she just hit. It appeared like they were wielding spears.
At least not all those goblins are archers. I have always preferred close combat to ranged she thought to herself.

{Are you getting over your illness now or do you still feel pretty bad?}

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...

Old 10-11-2016, 10:40 AM

Burne marches towards the group of goblins that appeared from the south whistling a dwarven battle tune with a kind of glimmer in his eyes that says he is really enjoying this fight. When he reaches the goblin with the spear furthest to the west he attempts kill the irksome creature. "I shall end your pathetic existence foul creature."

attack: The 20-sided dice lands on 16+4+3+1
damage: The 8-sided dice lands on 7+4

---------- Post added 10-11-2016 at 06:40 AM ----------

Failure roll The 20-sided dice lands on 17

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 10-16-2016, 12:45 AM

Round Summary With Goblin Attacks included :
Inside the caravan Aya spins around at the civilians warnings and stabs the goblin through he chest narrowly missing its heart directly. Despite the near miss the wound is still fateful and the goblin slides to the ground in the rear entrance where it had slowly punched a hole through the wall while the battle had raged on around it.
Mother and daughter still shaking in fear collapse into each others arms crying tears of mixed joy and relief feeling that there scare was finally over.

Jolmah launched the spear she'd scooped from the ground at the archer coming out of the woods in the south, striking true despite her inexperience with spears in general. Though there was nothing against returning the spear to its rightful owner right? That was what she'd been doing of course. All those wounds must be getting to her head. Barely having enough time to acknowledge that the spear had been 'returned' to its goblin owners she stepped back into the cover of the woods pressing up against the bark of a tree to be out of view of the goblins that appeared from the north as well.

As Burne marched happily towards the goblins coming from the southern woods the goblins looked almost confused at his happy jaunter towards them. They were only more confused when he swung wide striking a tree hard with his warhammer. The goblin on the far right (east) of their group took one hit by an apple knocked loose from the trees by the force of the warhammer, and turned tail and fled once again into the woods.

The other two recovered enough from their initial confusion to take a stab at him, but it wasn't enough to land any damaging cuts past his scale mail.

The four archers in the north raise their bows and aim in the general area of the hole they know is in the top of the caravan and release a volley of arrows. They all come falling down towards the hole, only one makes it through the hole, the others sticking in the 'roof'. The one that makes it through lands nearly missing the little girls foot that was sticking out far enough to be in danger as she clung to her mother.

(new round! and sorry i don't have the picture edited for this post. )

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-16-2016, 04:15 AM

(How big is the hole above in comparison to my shield?)

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 10-16-2016, 08:04 AM

{Burne is lucky that nothing bad happened to him on that natural 1 roll. I was scared that it would result in something pretty bad happening. However, another side of me wanted to see if something silly would happen :P }

Afraid to give her position away from the group of goblins to the north of her, Jolmah decided to continue to attack the smaller group of goblins in the southern part of the woods. She took out her sling and one sling bullet and aimed it at the spear-wielding goblin she could see best.
Jolmah was greatly concerned about Aya's vulnerability in that caravan, but was relieved to not hear any screams come from inside the caravan when the goblin archers unleashed their arrows.
Looks like only one of the goblins' arrows made it into the caravan and since I didn't hear anyone scream I hope I can assume that no one was hit, Jolmah thought to herself.
Jolmah planned to target the group of goblins to the north if it looked like Aya and the civilians were in deep trouble, but for now she did not want to risk being attacked by that group of goblins.

Sling attack roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 1 + 2 + 1
Damage roll, if it hits: The 4-sided dice lands on 3 + 2 (sling bullet) + 3 (str modifier)

{The first time I used my sling I added my dex modifier to my damage roll, which is incorrect now that I have looked at the manual again.
I read on p. 113 of the manual that you can apply your strength bonus to damage rolls when you use a sling, but you cannot do the same when using a light crossbow. Please correct me if I'm wrong.}

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-16-2016, 02:18 PM

(That would be because a crossbow works with a trigger and thus does not use strength)