Rooren
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-17-2014, 12:28 AM

Heyyy, is anyone else into bjds?
Do you own any or do you admire from afar?

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-17-2014, 03:49 AM

CK is/was really into them, and I remember her always showing off links to really pretty ones and I'd drool over them. I sort of fantasized about getting one and getting all sorts of cute clothes for it, but I just can't afford that kind of thing and I'm not interested in them enough to justify the purchase. They're super neat, though! I love all the detail people put into customizing them. You should post pictures of yours (assuming you have any)!

Rooren
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-17-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
CK is/was really into them, and I remember her always showing off links to really pretty ones and I'd drool over them. I sort of fantasized about getting one and getting all sorts of cute clothes for it, but I just can't afford that kind of thing and I'm not interested in them enough to justify the purchase. They're super neat, though! I love all the detail people put into customizing them. You should post pictures of yours (assuming you have any)!
Yeah, they really are very pretty! I can totally relate to being interested, but not having interest enough to dish out the cash. For years I couldn't convince myself I had enough reason to buy one.

Anyway, here are mine, a fem boy and a manly (manly enough) man!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-17-2014, 06:46 PM

Those are so cool! That red hair is fierce.

Rooren
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-17-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
Those are so cool! That red hair is fierce.
Thank! It's really, really soft and fluffy. I would love to have a blanket made out of it. :'D

MossyToadstool
Artist

Old 04-23-2014, 10:57 PM

Ooo I love the fem boy!
So far I have a Puki Pong, and a Leekeworld Mikhala (sp?) I used to have a SOOM Gluino but I had to sell him :(
I also sculpted one but I dont have the money to produce them (Victorian Winter Dolls- Odette) I have Bwca's up for sale but no ones interested XD

Rooren
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-24-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossyToadstool View Post
Ooo I love the fem boy!
So far I have a Puki Pong, and a Leekeworld Mikhala (sp?) I used to have a SOOM Gluino but I had to sell him :(
I also sculpted one but I dont have the money to produce them (Victorian Winter Dolls- Odette) I have Bwca's up for sale but no ones interested XD
Oh my god, I absolutely love Mikhala and all of the Pukis... all of them.
It's really sad you had to sell one. I couldn't imagine having to go through that. D:
It's great that you sculpted yourself though! That definitely takes some serious patience and skill, whoa!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-10-2014, 03:40 AM

My sister has a couple. Such an expensive hobby. I'll stick to gaming. XD I like to look at them though.

keno_crazy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-10-2014, 11:44 PM

My baby boy Kojirou Cambria [LUTS Kid Delf BORY]

And my little man Ryne [Ai Doll (can't remember the specifics)

Hau
i'm so Awful

Old 07-11-2014, 10:04 PM

i kind of admire from afar right now but i'm saving up for my own! i have a character all planned out for my first doll and the exact faceup i picture when i think of her. i'm really glad to find other people on mene who love dolls, aw.

Captain Pains
Ouja Akuma
Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Pains

Old 07-15-2014, 08:55 AM

I have two dolls myself. I've been neglecting them lately but that's because I've been too occupied with other things. I really should make them new clothes. Haha.

Tadao is the red haired one, he's a 5StarDoll Tumnus. And the other is Lucifer, he's an Angell-Studio Baron Samedi [human].

I plan on re-shelling Tadao eventually, with another Angell-Studio doll. Buuut that's a quest for another time.

CyborgSiren
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-21-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooren View Post
Heyyy, is anyone else into bjds?
Do you own any or do you admire from afar?
i have a few ball jointed dolls but honestly theyre a little creepy haha

---------- Post added 07-21-2014 at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by keno_crazy View Post
My baby boy Kojirou Cambria [LUTS Kid Delf BORY]

And my little man Ryne [Ai Doll (can't remember the specifics)
i have 3 ai dolls :P i hav ethe little astronaut and the one thats like little red riding hood. and i forget what the other one is lol i keep them in their boxes >_> they kinda creep me out

CyborgSiren
(-.-)zzZ

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 07-22-2014, 01:24 PM

I love BJD but they really are too expensive for my budget. I'm hopeful though with 3D printing finally coming into its own that there will be knockoffs at cheaper prices. I'm sure all the purists who only buy from certain companies will sneer at them, but as some of the finer ones can be hundreds and even thousands of dollars I really can't care about opinion. Better the hobby should be available to everyone than only the rich.

That said, I've made a few of my own starting with Monster High kits and then adding my own hair and clothing and so on. Again, I know the purists don't consider Monster Highs to be 'real' BJD, but since they DO have ball joints and they ARE dolls, I'm inclined to disagree.

geminick
Art & BJD Nerd Deluxe

Old 08-17-2014, 01:04 PM

Hi guys!
I collect BJDs too, though I decided to sell most of them off to start over recently. I currently own a Fairyland Feeple65 Chloe, a SOOM Md Chrom (human version) and two heads; Bimong Narin Charisma and Minifée Siean.
I also sculpt my own dolls, but it takes me AGES haha. You can see my bought and sculpted dolls over on my personal website/blog; Geminick Unleashed | Drawing, BJDs, sculpting, photography .

Byw the way, love your sculpted ones, MossyToadstool! :)

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 10-04-2014, 07:20 PM

I have 3 ball-jointed dolls. A DZ Edward named Philippe, an Iplehouse Carina named Bane and finally, my jewel, a Fairyland Chicline Rou named Alexander. Here's a picture I have of Philippe since he is my first and favorite!

Sakura_Madison
The Lover of Red
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison

Old 10-09-2014, 01:53 AM

Hello everyone! I am an owner of BJDs. I have a group, that I am the admin of and create meetups once a month.

I have 6 full body BJDs and a new floating head. I will be getting a Volks Miku Hatsune very soon. I have placed this order since last year and it's taking too long!! I don't have any pics to post, but will have to do new face ups on all my dollfies, except for one.

Captain Pains
Ouja Akuma
Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Pains

Old 12-03-2014, 03:08 AM

I started saving up for the Dream of Doll Tender Twins set. :D I hope to get them ordered by around Christmas.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 12-15-2014, 09:32 AM

Ah, I love bjds, they're so beautiful. I can't justify the price of the hobby right now though, so I just admire from afar and collect pictures on pinterest, lol. *sigh*

I've been toying with the idea of making my own at some point, but I haven't sat down to make a real plan for that.

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 03-06-2015, 02:27 AM

I haven't been to menewsha in forever!

WAs poking around seeing all the new updates and such and found this thread.

I Love BJD! I actually started my own business around them where I use 3D printing to make bjd and bjd accessories. I won't get into that since I don't want to break the rules about selling etc, but I do want to show off a few of my cuties I have made.

I love how you can become so creative with these dolls. Mine are all in the tiny size, but I got myself my very own 3D printer so I am working on scaling up to bigger sizes. so exciting! I want to make my own personal MSD doll. :)