serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 11-04-2012, 02:30 AM

Yeah, I spent today watching tv and some stuff on youtube. ^^"

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-04-2012, 02:33 AM

Bound - I like brakes. It's nice to have the ability to stop xD. That's nice of Russ!

The cops around here have no sense of humor. Whenever I drive by I feel like they're going to pull me over just because they can xD. That's good! What car is it? I know if I wanted reliability I'd pick up a Nissan Sentra. Lifespans of forever plus a few.

El - Why that particular model? When it snows in Texas we shut everything down so I don't really know anything about snow tires. I'm just guessing there'd be dozens of brands that sell snow tires. 19" is a pretty generic size. Warranties are always nice.

Sort of. The guy who helped me out today wants to buy it so I'm sort of holding onto it for him. He's helping me find some really good wholesale suspension so I'll probably give him a little better of a deal. Ritsuko needs more lows and less wobbling.

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 11-04-2012, 02:35 AM

Yeah luckily they event does span over my days off this time round and I've made sure I won't have to do much but post like crazy XD

yeah bad tires plus snow is really bad. I don't really have to deal with it, I mean I need a bit of traction so I don't hydro plane but most of my tires are okay I just have to rotate them constantly because something about the kind of car we have wares out the rod ending really fast for the front right one goes through more abuse then it should so we always have to buy one new one and rotate them every few months

wow my live updates are totally failing.

It's a 97 chevy concord. Like I said nothing special but she certainly gets me to point a to point b XD
and well Russ is actually the one driving it so really it's for his own safety XD

Well they can't pull you over for nothing you do have to have something like a break light out and what not. But the only thing I've even been close to being in trouble for is having weed on me but after they found it they told me it was under the criminal limit so I was fine to keep it XD so yeah I love our cops

Last edited by Bound Birdie; 11-04-2012 at 02:39 AM..

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-04-2012, 02:52 AM

Bound - If you gets you from point a. to point b. in one piece reliably, that's what counts!

Police officers have a endless list of arbitrary reasons to pull anyone over. If they're suspicious, they'll pull you over. Because everything's documented, video, audio, and written reports it's not something they'll do out of boredom but if they're suspicious they'll make a reason. Because our little town is (well, not as much anymore) a hub for drug transportation cops will sit on the side of the road running the plates of car that are driving around two-four in the morning to see if they're out of town. If they are, you might get pulled over.

Man... our cops would drag you down to the station xD. I wanna live wherever you do! If I could get a warning for drifting the high school parking lot...

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:56 AM

@nonsense: Lol, I would by far not call 19"s generic yet. Maybe in a few years. Plus, the only 19"s that have been made up until this year have all been high performance racing tires, which is what my car has atm that will be replaced next week. There is only the one brand (Toyo) that sells even remotely good 19" snow tires.

In Colorado they don't shut anything down for snow unless there is at least three or four feet on the ground. Even then they usually make us trek our sorry asses into work or school.

I hope he actually buys it from you then. ^.^

@Birdie: Hydro planing is the one thing we don't have to worry about. XD Always droughts around here.

That's an interesting problem. My tires were apparently not aligned correctly to begin with so I have weird inner tire wear on all my tires. Fortunately the new tires won't have that problem because we will get them aligned right.

The cops where I live pull people over constantly for speeding. That's the only thing about them that I don't like.

Bound Birdie

Old 11-04-2012, 02:58 AM

Indeed and she still comfy with a working stereo even XD

I live in Oregon and pot is decriminalized under an once here in most cities. Considering that's about 200 to 300 bucks worth of weed here I would NEVER have that much on me so I'm basically safe and do nothing else wrong. Though I do work to 4 am so if I am going to get pulled over it will be after work on my way home, because it is sooo late. Your right though they will find any little thing they can to pull you over and profile you, but Meth is a much bigger focus out here so they see us two little kids in out work uniforms and rarely give us a second glance.

@Ely if I remember correctly Colorado has some of the most expensive fines for speeding out of anywhere so it's probably a dependable source of income for them XP

Thats sounds pretty similar, it's basically the one rod wheres down and loses it's alignment, I could be a really good monkey and buy a new rod every few months but it's a much bigger project to change out so we tend to neglect it more then we should *slaps own hand*

Last edited by Bound Birdie; 11-04-2012 at 03:01 AM..

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-04-2012, 03:06 AM

El - You should see Dallas. All these people have 19s, 20s, 21s, 22s... it's absolute craziness. I'll be moving up to 18.5s after my 5-lug swap. That's unfortunate that there's not as many people making snow tires for 19s.

D: Move down south, that's insane! If we have 3-feet of snow we'd be put into a state of emergency! I'm far too afraid to leave the house in half a foot of snow... probably the most snow I've ever seen.

Did someone say hydroplaning? Drifting in Hurricane Sandy with DAVE NJ | Halcyonphoto.net - YouTube

Hurricane Sandy was a unbelievable tragedy but at least one group was able to have a few minutes of fun.

Bound Birdie

Old 11-04-2012, 03:10 AM

lol Oregon is like that to. The snow in Colorado really isn't that bad, it's just really random and can be unexpected and then you have to shovel your drive XP But here we get maybe a little flurry or maybe a few feet of snow once if were lucky and people are like "AAAAAAHHHHH what's all this white stuff! Will it freeze me on contact? O.O "

ElysiumFate

Old 11-04-2012, 03:13 AM

@nonsense: You see mostly 15s and 17s here. Of course there are the 19s-22s, but they're less common. Other than that, though, the issue is not how many people have them, it is that you cannot get 19 inch tires for less than 150 a piece. And then you'll be paying at least 18 dollars to get them put on. It ends up 800 dollars for a set. You have to think about that.

Then when you consider that 19s and above are all high performance racers, they typically last for less than 25,000 miles. It ads up.

Lol, don't move here then, my boy. They rofl at half a foot. XD Though, at least in the last few years it has only snowed a couple of times a year in the last several years. The big issue around here is black ice.

@Birdie: I wouldn't know how expensive the tickets are. I've never gotten one. *knocks on wood* I do remember my dad telling me we couldn't afford a $200 speeding ticket when I first started driving, though, so if that's anything to go by...*shudders*

I nip it in the bud with car stuff. My life is in that car, so I can't be worried about it.

Bound Birdie

Old 11-04-2012, 03:16 AM

I was going almost 30 over once trying to get a very late friend to the airport one time and it over 300 hundred dollars so I would say 100 bucks for every 10 miles over would be a safe bet

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 11-04-2012, 03:16 AM

Similar to Ely, we barely close down here. A couple of feet could have fallen and we still would have to go to school. :/

ElysiumFate

Old 11-04-2012, 03:46 AM

@Birdie: Dayummm. Definitely going to keep doing my best not to speed. o.o

Bound Birdie

Old 11-04-2012, 05:54 AM

yeah here flight was in like 20 min and she still had to go through DIA security O.O needless to say getting pulled over she totally made her miss the flight completely. She did pay that ticket for me but yeah.... still on my insurance issue though. I'll admit it was WAY to fast and the cop was hiding in the tall grass in those long barren entry off airport road but yeah still dooms me to this day

ElysiumFate

Old 11-04-2012, 06:03 AM

One of my friend's brothers got a speeding ticket for going 20 over. He's going to have to pay mega insurance for years.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-04-2012, 09:17 AM

Bound - That's good! A step in the right direction, in my view x3. I will say, stuff's way cheaper down here last time I was talking to the cops. Work uniforms are fishy though! I mean, you look like a contributing part of society... but maybe that's just what they want you to think! Meth's been such a major problem, another unforeseen consequence of the drug war...

El - People in Texas like massive rims and tires. With all of those trucks, SUVs, Jeeps, and so on they all want those big sizes. That's massive! I spent $65 on two rear tires with %70 tread left. That's a massive plummet in your paycheck... stupid snow! I wonder how much they cost from a warehouse or some other distributor.

I don't have anti-lock breaks either. They're great because you can lock you tires and go slippy slide but... slippy slide can also be a bad thing too. We have a massive problem with black ice too, it causes a terrible amount of wrecks. We'll get a lot of rain and a cold front will roll in, turn everything into ice, and I'll skip class and stay indoors instead of getting run over by terrible drivers.

Bound Birdie

Old 11-04-2012, 03:47 PM

oh thats shwag bout 45 to 60 bucks for the same they had both in Colorado but I prefer to eat it rather then smoke and higher grade stuff is much easier to cook with. I'm extremely picking about such things so yeah, no nasty meth or anything even remotely like that. It's true the uniform has it's benefits but it is a legit reason to be out that late. It is kinda funny though how even though there's no "curfew" if you're out at a certain time you're suspicious. Still though I haven't ever had an issue, though I'll admit there's a few I feed on there later shifts so the better be nice to me XD

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 11-04-2012, 05:07 PM

I swear, all the police do in my hometown is hand out speeding tickets and be corrupt.

ElysiumFate

Old 11-04-2012, 07:16 PM

Haha, well ours aren't corrupt, they just like giving out speeding tickets.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 11-04-2012, 09:52 PM

Ours are in Greece, NY. At least once a year I see something pop up on my Facebook news feed of my local news channel saying a high up Greece Police officer was arrested for something. That or a news story of another one in court for something. -.-

ElysiumFate

Old 11-04-2012, 10:34 PM

That's sad. We hear about corrupt police, but generally they're from other states. I can't remember a time when one was corrupt here. Stupid, maybe, but not doing anything illegal.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 11-04-2012, 10:51 PM

Yeah, one year we had a corrupt cop in Greece where Mike and I live/lived, that worked for the Rochester PD which is where his mom works (she's a secretary for one of the cops in the RPD)

ElysiumFate

Old 11-05-2012, 01:34 AM

Ach, I have been studying all night.

Bound Birdie

Old 11-05-2012, 01:56 AM

Did you guys ever see that you tube video about the cops having a drunk girl flash herself in the precinct lobby for their camera phones and we like fondling her and stuff blatantly in front of the security camera's?
That is insanity I think at time some cops start to think that because they enforce the law no one will enforce it on them

ElysiumFate

Old 11-05-2012, 02:02 AM

I don't think I saw the video, but I know I heard the news report. That was shameful.

Bound Birdie

Old 11-05-2012, 02:10 AM

yeah my jaw dropped.
Not only did it happen but how they just like forgot there were camera's around O.o