Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 10-31-2015, 03:38 AM

I just went on a ghost tour tonight in a historic town nearby and really enjoyed hearing about the ghosts that haunt the town's old buildings. Apparently there's a ghost train you can see or hear every April! O: It carried President Lincoln's body to his resting place in Illinois. Anyone have any stories to share? Ever experienced any strange phenomena? I personally dont think I have. I'm not even entirely sure I believe in ghosts.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 10-31-2015, 09:33 AM

My grandmother lost five brothers because of a ghost. Her name was Annapurna and she'd lost her child, then died and not moved on. She kept killing off the kids in the family in their infancy. Then they did this naming ceremony where they named her brother Annaji and the other kids were renamed in that fashion, telling the ghost to consider them her own children. Then they stopped dying. She never tried to kill my grandmom but I think she was her favourite because whenever my grandmom tried to do housework the ghost would get annoyed and she'd come down with a fever. That's until she moved out of the house.

I've loads more family ghosts to talk about but now it's someone else's turn to post ^_^

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 10-31-2015, 01:40 PM

Wow, how sad and intriguing. D:

I also heard about a male ghost at a building that used to be a drug store/soda fountain and is now a cafe. He's apparently saved the girls who work there from fires and a break-in. I'm not sure how. I think the guide said they just suddenly knew that something would occur in a certain part of the building? Really cool~

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 11-01-2015, 04:30 AM

Okay, not a ghost story but... it's an uncanny story so it might be fun? Last march I had insomnia and was fooling around on my phone because clearly the best way to fall asleep is a bright, stimulating activity. I was on the Guardian website, and clicked through to an article about one of their reporters trying out being a live model for an art class in London. I don't think I noticed at first, but looking at the photo in the article at some point, I noticed a person in the background. Now, it would add spice to this story if I could say I was thunderstruck, but it was really more of a '...huh.......' moment. What I was seeing was a student, a young lady with brown hair:

Now compare that with an image of myself:

(not the most flattering selfie, but one that better highlights the similarities)
I've had other people freak out about this, but I'm more intrigued I suppose. Either I've stumbled across one of those 7 people in the world that is supposed to be your double (that specific number is probably garbage, but a doppelganger, basically. This is by far the most likely scenario) or we've got one of those glitch in the matrix things and I've encountered myself from the other berenstain bears universe

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 11-01-2015 at 04:33 AM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-01-2015, 04:34 AM

wow, awesome, Biggles =3

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 11-01-2015, 04:37 AM

I guess it is. I want to know what her parents look like. I mean, even our hands are similar. I've put on slightly more weight lately, so the jaw similarities aren't as prominent. Here's the post on tumblr I made right after it happened: Strange Women Lying in Ponds

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 11-01-2015, 02:35 PM

Oh? That is cool! O: I'd be freaked out if I ever saw someone else who looks like me, especially since I have an identical twin. XD

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 11-02-2015, 02:05 AM

It may have been different if I had been in person. When I was in college, my bus pulled up to a stop and a girl waiting (for a different bus) did look rather like me, though not this similar by any means. Enough to "recognize" it though. And we stared at each other with slightly quizzical expressions until the bus left again.

Hadsvich
Maneki Neko Beckons

Penpal

Old 11-03-2015, 03:56 PM

lol Well, I don't think it's that surprising that there's someone or some few people who will look similar, almost identical to you. Seeing as there are so many people in the world~
They might even be related to you in some way.

Anyhow doesn't anyone else have some more ghost stories? I wanna hear some more~ o:

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-03-2015, 05:56 PM

a doppleganger =3

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 11-04-2015, 01:09 AM

lol They do have have very similar features.

Anywho, people are free to make up ghost stories as well. XD

Lets see. I also heard a story about a serial killer who went by several aliases. Holmes was one of them. He would adopt kids, put life insurance on them, and then get rich from their deaths(?). Not sure I understand in full. X3 Our tour guide showed us a house that stood where the killer's original house was, which still had the same cellar in which he burnt a boy to death in an industrial-sized wood stove. And where we stood, he spread the ashes of the boy all around. It was a pretty creepy area, used by at&t, I think.

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 11-04-2015, 03:36 AM

wow...
I have met my look alike, doppleganger person in my teens and it was too weird. she looked exactly like me, EXACTLY!
anyway what was freakier was, both of us ran away... i still don't know why i did it but i just didn't want to be where she was, i didn't want to tallk about it and neither did she had enough curiosity to come up and talk about the spooky awesomeness of the situation

and ghost story... yeah i have one but i don't really know how true it is.
In the old days there was this tradition of giving veils that had golden threads in them (actual thread made of gold) to girls who were about to get married. These veils were like gifts from close relatives and parents and were part of the dowry that went with the bride to her husbands home.
So there was this girl who was about to get married but just a few days before the wedding, she died. when she was to be buried, everyone said they should bury the gold thread veils with her because no one else should use they for they may be unlucky and so they should be with the girl because they belonged to her now, but some relatives opposed and said it was all superstition and such precious gifts should not be wasted. Eventually they didn't bury the veils with her...
The next day there was an uproar because the girl had climbed out of the grave and was in a state of shock, at first everyone was spooked but when they called a doctor and examined her, the doctor said they had buried her alive and she hadn't died at all. He thought the girl had taken stress probably and must have fainted or something and he suggested they should take her home and care for her so she recovers from the shock of being buried. And her family did that, took her home, made her comfortable and her mother tried to soothe her in every way she could... but the bride didn't speak a word.
That night she got up and took out the veils and started to walk out the door when her mother asked her in shock where she was going. Then she spoke and told her mom that she had come back for her veils and now they could bury her again...

hehehe this used to spook me when i was little and my grandma would tell me about it, to this day i wonder if it actually happened or not. According to my grandma it did

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 11-04-2015, 03:59 AM

lol I wonder if I'd run or confront a doppelganger. XD

Wow, that is a really cool creepy story. * o*

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 11-04-2015, 06:27 AM

hehehe thanks and if you confront then do share how it went... i have never heard of anyone who has talked to their's and after watching HP 3 Prisoner of Azkaban it makes me wonder if its really just us from another time O-o

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-04-2015, 06:56 AM

O.o Maha

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 11-04-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

O.o Maha
hehehe did i scare you hummy?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-05-2015, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maha-Aamir View Post
hehehe did i scare you hummy?

yes, a little

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 11-05-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

yes, a little
you'r expression speaks more than a little...
come here dear, don't be scared, its probably not true at all...
plus i doubt you have any of her veils