Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-11-2011, 04:07 AM

@ Razor: Sometimes it can take awhile for higher priced items to sell. Not too many users have the pure to buy 60k+ for items. Believe me, if I had the gold, those items would be gone. ;D More people tend to buy items 10k or less on the MP I've noticed. ^^

I agree! I do enjoy this community and it's one that has stuck with me.

Razor
Menewsha FOREVER!

Old 05-11-2011, 11:45 AM

Crap I just wrote a long post but pressed backspace!
I see what you mean, but then I don't
Because if people were just to have a medium level of activity, having a solid convo for an hour, playing some games, they can clear 500-1k a day

That's about 60k of a max of 4 months, or as low as 2 months
That's not counting simple investments *though higher ticket items see only depreciation in value due to the old overinflated economy

Where's the passion in people these days?

The economy is really weird to me. The higher items all fell, yet it seems the mid-range 7k-50k items (CIS) increased or stabilized
Though I haven't personally noticed any sales, but noticed their theoretical value

The offer it would take to get a rare item these days, if you play it smart would be SIGNIFICANTLY lower of an investment then in the past, not complaining about the deflation of mene as I was pro deflation, just kind of bothered by the skew of it
xD i had invested in ultra rares and now they're really attainable by anyone who wants it if they wanted it... xD

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-11-2011, 11:52 AM

Ah... I admit, I'd have more gold if I posted more. I'm just extremely shy, really. I'll type out these long posts, then will go to delete them before they're even posted. >_<;

I'm really surprised that some items have deflated. Other items are kinda... overpriced in my opinion, but I think that's due to someone being desperate because an item hasn't been in the MP for awhile. But the newer items seem to be at a pretty okay price.

I think the main issue your items aren't selling is probably because they are saving it for the really, really rare items that NPCs gave out or the auctioneer items. But who knows; I'm not an economist nor do I study the MP here. >_<

One day, I'll actually get the oomph to get that stupid valentines boa. I'm just getting many other items, first. xD

random crunky
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-11-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Crap I just wrote a long post but pressed backspace!
I see what you mean, but then I don't
Because if people were just to have a medium level of activity, having a solid convo for an hour, playing some games, they can clear 500-1k a day

That's about 60k of a max of 4 months, or as low as 2 months
That's not counting simple investments *though higher ticket items see only depreciation in value due to the old overinflated economy

Where's the passion in people these days?

The economy is really weird to me. The higher items all fell, yet it seems the mid-range 7k-50k items (CIS) increased or stabilized
Though I haven't personally noticed any sales, but noticed their theoretical value

The offer it would take to get a rare item these days, if you play it smart would be SIGNIFICANTLY lower of an investment then in the past, not complaining about the deflation of mene as I was pro deflation, just kind of bothered by the skew of it
xD i had invested in ultra rares and now they're really attainable by anyone who wants it if they wanted it... xD
I think a big thing that has been hard for people (including me) to save money is, we haven't really seen too many rare items for sale till recently so people had seemed to stop saving and just buy recent items. Also, to throw into the pot, there have been monthly items for sale from the Auctioneer so a lot of people have been saving funds for those items before they are gone. I have only seen like one cow for sale since those stopped selling the other month so I think people are worried that if they don't get the new items now, they will not be able to get them later. Of course, than you have a ton of "Wicked Yellow grin" for sale but quite a bit so that contradicts my theory. xD The other thing is people are usually not able to buy the new CI's while constantly saving towards an expensive rare item. If you were to only play the games and not post much, it would take you over 3 months to save 65k! o.O And that is saying that they were online EVERYDAY. I know myself, I am rarely online during the weekends due to limited internet access. I agree that people should post more, especially if they are questing, but sometimes people can't be online as much as they would like to be. hehe I think the deals people are scooping up now are fantastic, but it's just hard to come up with the pure in a short time. Good luck on selling, sometimes people with big savings just pop out of the woodwork and buy stuff. Just like you! I haven't seen you online lately and then suddenly, there you are with your awesome rares for sale! xD

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-11-2011, 01:07 PM

Crunky has summed up the whole thing in better words than I could ever hope to. xD <3

random crunky
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-11-2011, 01:17 PM

@Krissy - haha, thank you! <3 And here I just figured I ramble on too much. xD

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 05-11-2011, 05:46 PM

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it Crunky. :)

I do agree with Krissy that the Auctioneer's items and the jelly head are going to take from any sales one would get on the more expensive items. When the cow and gow first came out, the prices went a lot higher than I had thought they would.

And thank you, Razor. :) I want to give you something towards the staff if that's ok with you.

Protagonist
(╯°□°)╯...
Send a message via AIM to Protagonist Send a message via MSN to Protagonist

Old 05-11-2011, 05:48 PM

Are you still only looking for pure for the PoG?

Razor
Menewsha FOREVER!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:17 PM

Ah Crunky that makes sense! Thanks for explaining to me the situation. I have a very limited frame of reference just deciding to pop on here a few days ago and noticed tons of big ticket items for actually fairly reasonable prices for the consumer lol
The amount of crowns available in on this game is actually an extremely high number, I never did understand why they increased so much, but still surprised that I couldn't sell my crown for 65k xD

Having a decent set of items in this game is actually really attainable though. 3 Months, everyday straight is actually super good for the first CI.

Compared to gaiaonline per say. Where it is literally impossibe to afford anywhere close up the line of their rare items from just posting and playing games...hence why I quit a long ass time ago.

And here on menewsha there are actually contests, which are actually pretty good odds due to the lack of people who participate. Like Bartuc's contest I saw giving away a pure love sash or boa cant remember for whoever cant recruit the most people to mene, and like 2 people have entered sporadically.

Liztress, free of charge really, I don't like that thing. xD I can't believe all the things I don't even like that I bought as investments on menewsha lmao halloween items

And BD I'm open to all offers really but can't say I'll persuaded very easily at all...the PoG is my 2nd fav menewsha item other then the lovelipop xD
from my statistics my PoG is rarer than the lovelipop, if anyone wantsa trade...hint hint :P

edit: Btw what is this jelly head? o__O

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 05-11-2011, 09:21 PM

Aw, thank you so much Razor. *huggletackles*

And I wanted to enter Bartuc's contest but no one I asked to join was interested in it. :( Dern shame too.

The Jelly Head is a special item that you can only get from Jellysundae.

Razor
Menewsha FOREVER!

Old 05-12-2011, 05:39 AM

Lol no problem

True it's not an easy contest, as i know personally no one who's interested in forums let alone avatars, but when theres only 2 entires with low recruitment you think there'd at least be more interest when a pure love ____ is up for grabs xD

and oh sweet ...do you put it on your head? lol

crunky
Ping me Baby!

Old 05-12-2011, 01:55 PM

@Razor - Concerning the Jelly head: Actually you hold it in your hand....by it's hair... xD poor Jelly....lol Here is where you can find it if you want to preview how it looks. The auction is ending in about a day so there is still a chance to bid on it if you are interested. --> X

Definitely when you compare to say a site like Gaia, then yes, it is A LOT more obtainable to get a rare item on menewsha. To be fair though, some of those items on Gaia are a lot older in years and the user base grew in a crazy way so I can see why the demand vs. availability is so low. xD I remember one time I figured out what it would take to get a certain old item there that I really wanted and it was like way over a year IF I saved everyday, on multiple mules and NEVER spent any gold. xD Plus that was boring, I could get all my gold without interacting with other people so what fun is that? Here, at least I can quest for items and posting is actually beneficial to me in my quest. xD It really encourages me to more active and then in turn pulls me more into the site as well while making friends and building friendships. It's a nice cycle. xD

I am surprised more people didn't enter that contest by Bartuc but I can relate since i don't have many friends and pretty much none of them would be interested in an avatar site... =(

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-12-2011, 03:52 PM

My main problem with trying to get my friends from Gaia to Mene is that 90% of them will always think other avatar sites are a copy of Gaia. It really annoys me.

crunky
Ping me Baby!

Old 05-12-2011, 04:11 PM

That's like comparing Hamburger to steak just because they both come from the same cow. xD

Razor
Menewsha FOREVER!

Old 05-14-2011, 03:05 PM

Lmao crunky, I LOVE THAT, I am using that in my future arguments how people always make false assumptions and unfair comparisons lol

The Whitewolf Shaman
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-14-2011, 03:19 PM

No star catcher for sale?

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-14-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
That's like comparing Hamburger to steak just because they both come from the same cow. xD
Right? 0.o Funny thing is that Gaia "copied" some things from other sites. But yeah, I avoid showing a majority of people Mene from Gaia, since they tend to have that view point. I'm not gonna try to change the mind of someone who's cemented on the subject.

Razor
Menewsha FOREVER!

Old 05-14-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Whitewolf Shaman View Post
No star catcher for sale?
Sorry love it too much

Though yeah people, I do have most older items so if you ask me if I have it for sale with your offer included, might be able to work something out, might not, worth a shot

Krissy, no ideas are original this is true. PPLENTY of art forms admit that creativity is blending old ideas together for a new idea!

Dillo
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-14-2011, 08:27 PM

ahh wish i had pure!!!that crown would be gone!

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-15-2011, 12:27 AM

Do you have a trinity guardian? I know it's a 2010 item, but thought I'd try. :ninja:

Yeah, you hit it spot on. I mean... that's kinda how art works. xD This world thrives on ideas spawning new ideas.

Razor
Menewsha FOREVER!

Old 05-15-2011, 03:18 AM

No trinity guardian sory lol I don't think I have a single 2010 item
It's amazing how long I've been a member here

And yup lol, I don't believe in a truly 100% original spontaneous idea.
I believe all our ideas are shaped from experiences, biases, influences, etc lol

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-15-2011, 04:12 AM

I feel you there. I have a lot of newer items, but not a lot of older ones. And I joined only a few days after you did. xD

My pixel dolls are actually based upon the idea that I couldn't wait for people to open up slots on Gaia, so I said, "Screw it, I'll make my own." But I never would've thought of pixeling dolls before until I saw others do it. o.o I didn't know there was such a thing; I only knew about doll makers from back when they were super popular. When I was in like.. 6th grade. xD

Last edited by Krissy; 05-15-2011 at 04:14 AM..

Razor
Menewsha FOREVER!

Old 05-15-2011, 05:26 PM

haha , yes i use to play so much back in those days
Now i'm remembering all the auctions i lost for a lovelipop at a mere 5k ...back when that was big money

and omg lol yeah of course theyd be popular! the main attraction to an avatar site is the whole doll/dressing up part xD

Foxxi
is a kickass Fox

Old 05-15-2011, 05:43 PM

Didn't I used to call you Razor Sharp?..Or was that another Razor?o:

Razor
Menewsha FOREVER!

Old 05-15-2011, 05:49 PM

Can't recall, sounds familiar but I don't think you called me it often lol