Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 02-13-2017, 05:02 PM

I see

UnmaskedHearts
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-15-2017, 07:25 PM

I am currently watching Tokyo Ghoul. It was recommended to me and it's okay I guess. Not my first choice though.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 02-16-2017, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnmaskedHearts View Post
I am currently watching Tokyo Ghoul. It was recommended to me and it's okay I guess. Not my first choice though.
Definitely not for everyone, especially with the torture and some other hellacious (sp?) scenes in that anime. And while I don't care for the opening, Unravel, I do feel bad for Kaneki.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-17-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
I don't remember what site I'm watching on, but it's not crunchy roll. Ah well, I started watching one piece just because of a fandom rp I'm doing now. Since I hadn't seen any of then anime since high school, I figured I better try to get a little better reference.
Oh funny - definitely a good reason to get a refresher!! Do you think you'll finish it or just kind of skim it?

I couldn't even begin to help figure that one out!! I typically find YouTube, Crunchyroll, Netflix, and Hulu have fairly good selections - then again, I also have subscriptions to all of them (well other than YouTube of course lol!) so I never look elsewhere!! If I don't have a subscription, my brother usually does and we share xD;

Now that I'm thinking about it there is one I used to watch drama on and another to watch an anime.. I forget what they are until I get on my computer though

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnmaskedHearts View Post
I've been recommended that one too - I haven't started it yet though - what aspect are you not liking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix of the Immortal View Post
Definitely not for everyone, especially with the torture and some other hellacious (sp?) scenes in that anime. And while I don't care for the opening, Unravel, I do feel bad for Kaneki.
Oh yikes - is it that dark??

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 02-17-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post

Oh yikes - is it that dark??
It can get that dark. There's also one scene iirc where a mother is killed in front of her daughter just for the power that she possesses as a monster (I forget the terms unfortunately since it's been a while since I've last seen Tokyo Ghoul) but yeah.

HoneyButterbaby
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-18-2017, 02:49 AM

At the moment right now I am catching up on my one piece anime

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-18-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix of the Immortal View Post
It can get that dark. There's also one scene iirc where a mother is killed in front of her daughter just for the power that she possesses as a monster (I forget the terms unfortunately since it's been a while since I've last seen Tokyo Ghoul) but yeah.
Oh wow - kinda glad I now know this going into it lol I was thinking something maybe like Vampire Knight mixed with 11 Eyes ! But 11 Eyes wasn't even that dark lol Will be an interesting adventure! I'm kind of curious now by where it goes but kinda nervous lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyButterbaby View Post
At the moment right now I am catching up on my one piece anime
Good luck!! How far behind are you?

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 02-18-2017, 03:15 PM

I second this good luck!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-18-2017, 03:52 PM

Since Pokémon isn't available right now, I think I'm going to start watching Yugioh again - it's on Hulu and I'm beyond sick right now so it'll be a nice marathon!! I'm on one of the early arcs - I think Season 3 maybe? The one with the Egyptian characters that focuses around the millennium pieces!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-18-2017, 04:11 PM

Emma:
I believe it is Dubbed Tv or anime land? The website is animeland, but the banner at the top of the site is dubbed tv.
I at first did not plan to catch up on the series since I'm not much for watching long anime, but I didn't think I'd get this far either so if I continue at this pace, honestly I could watch it all. I already had my partner spoil a couple important parts though as necessary for the rp.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-18-2017, 04:46 PM

Oh I haven't been to that one yet! Does it have a lot of ads/pop-ups or is it fairly mellow?
On my laptop I have Viki saved but I don't think that was the one I was watching anime on on my desktop.

Funny!! And really at the rate you're going it shouldn't take too long to catch up - maybe a couple of months?
At least it's something you enjoy :D

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-18-2017, 07:43 PM

Emma: It's not too bad. You just have to skip the ad at the beginning of each episode. There are some on the side of the page, but they aren't noisy and usually don't pop up. I've definitely watched shows on worse sites and it has navigation buttons to go to previous and next episode.
Yep, I already passed episode 100 at least. I think I was only watching for two or three weeks.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-18-2017, 10:49 PM

Oh that's not that bad - I've had sites that feel like they're TRYING to drive you off the site lol Those kinds of ads aren't that bothersome though :3

Nice!! You're definitely moving along then! :D

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-22-2017, 05:31 PM

Right? Like why would you have ads on a media website that you can't seem to turn the sound off of and they just go on repeat. It's impossible to actually use the site for it's intended purpose then! That definitely happens every now and then.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 03-22-2017, 02:11 PM

Yes exactly!! Or they don't have sound but they pop up consistently and you can't exit out of them because they keep coming back while on the site, therefore blocking the entire video screen. It's certainly a struggle. I mean, why are you hosting this site when no one will use it?!

Finally finished Yu-gi-oh! - it had such an abrupt ending, and I HATE that they changed Mai's voice in Season 4. Omg that was brutal to listen to. Literally made my ears hurt and just gave her such a bimbo wanna-be vibe instead of her usual cool-vibe. Fake accents just kill me

I can't find either movie though - Light of Pyramids (or something like that) nor the new one from 2016 - I feel like the second one will bring closure because it's 6 months after Season 5 took place and I guess really focuses on Kaiba, and then the first one I didn't even knew existed between seasons - I only saw the Battle City special because Hulu included it in the regular season lol I feel incomplete without it though (total completionist) :(

I haven't decided if I want to watch any of the spin-offs though. One of the seasons has Yami Yuugi come back for a movie, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the context behind it as I've heard it's a movie people tend to ignore exists - kind of like the Capsule Monsters arc that aired between Season 5 Part 1 and Season 5 Part 2 xD;

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-06-2017, 08:17 PM

I'm still watching one piece somehow, but me and my roommate decided to binge watch Yuri on Ice the other day as well. So much fun! I hope they make another season and give us more with the side characters!

We picked the day that attack on titan came out though so crunchyroll was a nightmare!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-07-2017, 05:45 PM

The second season of My Hero Academia!! I love love love Deku! > w<

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 04-07-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
The second season of My Hero Academia!! I love love love Deku! > w<
Message approved!

FireOnix
Gamer

Old 05-17-2017, 06:20 PM

I'm stuck on Fairytail at the moment, Natsu is awesome!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 05-18-2017, 12:51 AM

I've been watching tsukigakirei and Alice & Zoroku too~ Really like how realistic tsukigakirei is. Alice & Zoroku is very sweet, yet a bit twisted too.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 05-18-2017, 03:51 AM

Alice and Zouroku is a cute little anime in my opinion...

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 05-18-2017, 07:11 PM

Its very cute! Sanae, Sana, and Zoroku are so heartwarming~ Just thought the situation with minnie c was very dark. o uo;

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 05-18-2017, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Its very cute! Sanae, Sana, and Zoroku are so heartwarming~ Just thought the situation with minnie c was very dark. o uo;
I totally agree with you on that. On both accounts.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-06-2017, 05:43 AM

Just finished watching Kuromukuro - AMAZING. I really hope there's a second season, OVA, movie - SOMETHING! Such a great story with awesome character development - I absolutely loved it, and I'm not usally one for mecha anime!

Watching Sword Art Online now :3

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 06-07-2017, 06:51 PM

I don't know if I ever posted this. But I have been watching Detective Conan with my partner. Not nearly as often as they want but 900+ episodes is rather intimidating.