Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 04-29-2019, 05:23 AM

I kept checking in too - because I actually had free time and for the first time I had free time and it wasn't up and going and it kept making me sad.
I mean I usually have things to do and I was procrastinating whenever I had free time, so I was productive and stuff...but still. (Plus I am also out of the habit of checking in here as life has gotten insane -- well when is it not insane. But more insane than usual... So it took over my online time, and yeah...)

How've you've been Ru?

---------- Post added 04-28-2019 at 10:24 PM ----------

People have asked me to get Facebook... but I just have no interest in it. :/
Soooo yeah.

But if I did have it, I'd probably not really be very active on it, but I'd probably follow a lot of animal stuff or whatnot.

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 04-29-2019, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
What was updated? The part I saw was adding the bit about how you can roll a dice for every post made but I'm not sure if there were any other changes :O
I updated the avatars section and added the egg hunt guesses :3 Which I will go add the third avatar now xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Okay, Ru. 😊 I don't really enjoy my job that much, it's not even related to what I studied (theatre) so that makes me kind of sad, but work is work and it pays pretty well.

@Antagonist: thanks for answering my question!

The 100-sided dice lands on 5

Edit: R u b y: I think I won one of the dice rolls? 😮
Aww I'm sorry to hear that xP It sucks when you can't get into what you enjoy doing xP

Yes you won! :D Gold comin your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Ohh, this is really awesome of you, Ruby. <33
Thanks Velv! I wanted people to have fun and I really enjoyed these egg adopts last year :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretdae007 View Post
-floats into thread- So lovely that it is spring finally. May try my hand at coloring an egg.
Please do! I'd love to see! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
/waves at Velvet and secretdae

Thanks, Nisty (can I call you that? Your siggy image says "Nisty's Kitchen" so I hope that's okay)! 😊
Haha it says that cuz I did the art and I always call him Nisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
yay! this is so cool, roobs! i wanna do all the things!... but perhaps i should not do them at work >.>

also i love all the avatars in here, like fo reals!
Thanks Linn! I'm glad you like it! :D Please do all the things! I'd love to see what you come up with! :D

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-29-2019, 05:25 AM

Yeah, super glad the site's back up!

I used to check my Facebook religiously every day but just stopped logging on after a while. Too many unrelated news and I hated the new algorithm. Just show me my feed starting from the most recent!

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 04-29-2019, 05:27 AM

My sister in law hates the algorithm of it - she loves to complain about it to me.
I tell her then don't go on it as much.. then it won't bother you!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-29-2019, 05:29 AM

Exactly!

Haven't been on Facebook in years...I briefly logged on last year due to a class I was taking where the teacher was talking about something that had to do with Facebook and had us all log on into our accounts, but aside from that I've been Facebook free for a while.

The 100-sided dice lands on 2

R u b y

Old 04-29-2019, 05:31 AM

haha yeah I was bugged into getting it like...oh god like almost 10 years ago now xD fml that's a long time xD And for a long time it upset me, like not me getting mad or anything but like, it made me sad because back then most people i knew forgot i existed sooo xD

But it's cool now too because facebook is also a separate app from messenger. I think you can even have your fb deactivated and still have messenger. Clooki will still message me every now and then but doesn't have an active fb xD and we text too though so it doesn't much matter.

But it's nice for people who don't live in the same country and can't text. Although I don't really have that issue now because my friend that passed was the only one out of country that I talked to all the time. I'm still messed up about it. It's gonna be a long time. Even though i'll always miss him.

---------- Post added 04-29-2019 at 01:32 AM ----------

Oh and Nisty I think we posted at the same time when I answered your question from the other day :3

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 04-29-2019, 05:32 AM

Ugh - I wish I had the energy to actually stay around and chat, but I'm about to fall asleep at my keyboard. It's been a long day and this tired mama is ready for some sleep.

I'll try to come around tomorrow, if I can find some free time.

Ru, I'm looking into getting another art from you!! I'll fill out the form tomorrow or the next day or something when I'm feeling more up to it - sleepy me, equals someone who can't make decisions. :P

---------- Post added 04-28-2019 at 10:34 PM ----------

Ah, that makes sense - I don't have many out of country friends.

Also it makes sense that you're still dealing with processing his death and it's totally understandable to be missing him. Sending you big loving hugs and lots of love.
You take all the time you need to process it and if it takes you a long time, that's totally okay! Everyone grieves differently and you're totally allowed to take all the time you need for you. Don't let anyone tell you that you need to move on, because they don't know what you need to do for you. Only you know that.

R u b y

Old 04-29-2019, 05:45 AM

Ooh exciting! I look forward to your order! :D I hope you're able to get some good sleep!

thank you so much for this moonie I really needed to hear that love you

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-29-2019, 08:33 AM

*lurks about the thread* *dropping cookies*

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-29-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
haha yeah I was bugged into getting it like...oh god like almost 10 years ago now xD fml that's a long time xD And for a long time it upset me, like not me getting mad or anything but like, it made me sad because back then most people i knew forgot i existed sooo xD

But it's cool now too because facebook is also a separate app from messenger. I think you can even have your fb deactivated and still have messenger. Clooki will still message me every now and then but doesn't have an active fb xD and we text too though so it doesn't much matter.

But it's nice for people who don't live in the same country and can't text. Although I don't really have that issue now because my friend that passed was the only one out of country that I talked to all the time. I'm still messed up about it. It's gonna be a long time. Even though i'll always miss him.

---------- Post added 04-29-2019 at 01:32 AM ----------

Oh and Nisty I think we posted at the same time when I answered your question from the other day :3
Oh thanks for answering!

Weird how you can use Facebook messenger to chat but not have a Facebook account. I just use Line to keep in touch with my friends most of the time.

And yes what Moony said! Lots of hugs and love from me too

---------- Post added 04-29-2019 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post
*lurks about the thread* *dropping cookies*
*pokes*

The 100-sided dice lands on 96

---------- Post added 04-29-2019 at 04:38 PM ----------

Oh hey I got an egg!

R u b y:

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-29-2019, 08:53 AM

*explodes into a shower of cookies*

And I have once again been drawn to the lure of avatar contests X'D.
Who'd have thought? I'm actually getting around to using this mask

R u b y

Old 04-29-2019, 09:08 AM

Haha I knew that'd get you Taiyo Can't wait to see your entries! :D Good luck!

Nisty: Thanks Some days are better than others. I'm getting there. But yeah, every now and then something just pops up and sends me into a tailspin. it's still fresh. I don't think it'll ever stop hurting, but I'm doing my best to manage it. There's not really anything else I can do but keep going. Thanks for your support

Haha yeah right? I think it's because it's only deactiviated. Technically you still have it, it's just not showing anything to anyone and you don't post and stuff. I think if you deleted it it wouldn't let you use messenger still. So that's kind of a good way to go if you don't like facebook but still want to talk to people that way. Like some people who only have it or whatever. I know a lot of people who have older family added too who may not text or have any other, newer, social media. So, it has it's purposes haha. It's what I'm used to so I still use it.

Which roll did you get an egg with? I'm not seeing a 50 or a 100

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-29-2019, 09:11 AM

Welp, I'm putting one together right now X'D. Prolls gonna finish it tomorrow night, heading to bed XP

R u b y

Old 04-29-2019, 09:16 AM

Awesome! :D Yeah you've got plenty of time to finish haha Night night!

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-29-2019, 09:18 AM

Nacht! With any luck I'll have my bunny-masked cultist done tomorrow at some point X'D

R u b y

Old 04-29-2019, 09:19 AM

It looks good so far xD

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-29-2019, 09:21 AM

Danke~

Okay, bed for reals this time. Nacht!
*collapses*

R u b y

Old 04-29-2019, 09:31 AM

Gute Nacht Taiyo!

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-29-2019, 11:10 AM

Good morning, everyone!
Well, I'm actually trying to go back to sleep, but I was so excited to see Mene back up that I've been posting a little. But I really should try and get some more sleep.

R u b y

Old 04-29-2019, 11:36 AM

Good morning Cinderella :3 I'm so happy Mene is back too

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-29-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post
*explodes into a shower of cookies*
What the-
Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Nisty: Thanks Some days are better than others. I'm getting there. But yeah, every now and then something just pops up and sends me into a tailspin. it's still fresh. I don't think it'll ever stop hurting, but I'm doing my best to manage it. There's not really anything else I can do but keep going. Thanks for your support

Haha yeah right? I think it's because it's only deactiviated. Technically you still have it, it's just not showing anything to anyone and you don't post and stuff. I think if you deleted it it wouldn't let you use messenger still. So that's kind of a good way to go if you don't like facebook but still want to talk to people that way. Like some people who only have it or whatever. I know a lot of people who have older family added too who may not text or have any other, newer, social media. So, it has it's purposes haha. It's what I'm used to so I still use it.

Which roll did you get an egg with? I'm not seeing a 50 or a 100
Yeah, I know about the tailspin thing. Sometimes the smallest things will remind me of...bad stuff and I just spiral. It sucks but yeah, about the only thing one can do is do our best to manage it. I hope things get better for you soon; that the pain will fade and the good memories remain.

Ohhh, I didn't know about the difference between deactivating an account and deleting an account. Sometimes I think about logging into my Facebook but it just feels like my blood pressure goes up so I just ignore it to avoid the stress that came out of nowhere.

It was this one: https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=85
The dice says 50 for me

R u b y

Old 04-29-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
What the-
Yeah, I know about the tailspin thing. Sometimes the smallest things will remind me of...bad stuff and I just spiral. It sucks but yeah, about the only thing one can do is do our best to manage it. I hope things get better for you soon; that the pain will fade and the good memories remain.

Ohhh, I didn't know about the difference between deactivating an account and deleting an account. Sometimes I think about logging into my Facebook but it just feels like my blood pressure goes up so I just ignore it to avoid the stress that came out of nowhere.

It was this one: https://www.menewsha.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=85
The dice says 50 for me
Yeah right? like something totally innocent and then just BAM emotions It's hard being on social media too with friends passing because it's like, you'll never see their name pop up again in a message, or in a post, or as active again and sometimes that in itself gets me It sounds stupid to say but, yeah. Or like, I'll see something I wanna share to him, or something that I know he'd send/tag me in and it's just....it hurts.
I'm sorry you have moments like that too, whatever the cause. I know we all have emotional scars and things we're still dealing with, but I hate that we have to go through bad stuff. It might not mean much, but if you ever want to talk about anything or just plain vent or whatever, my message box is always open I won't pressure you into telling me your whole life story haha but I know for me, it's nice to have an open offer to talk if I need it :3

Ah weird, for me it says 45. Maybe it like glitched with the added post? Idk lol But I'll still give it to you :D Go ahead and fill out the form when you're ready or post a pic for me to match or something haha.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 04-29-2019, 01:27 PM

Yay! A not Easter event ! *hurls eggs round anyway*

R u b y

Old 04-29-2019, 01:36 PM

Haha yeah I was kinda waiting to see if we had something planned and then I got sick right before Easter soooo it's a little late xD But at least it's stuff to do :D

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-29-2019, 01:38 PM

It's not stupid at all. It's a constant worry of mine as well, that one day I will never be able to see messages from them again and I will never be able to talk with them again and it hurts so much. Just thinking about it makes me emotional, and I am absolutely dreading the day it may come.
And thanks It's not quite something I can manage to put into words (it'll just sound like one giant stupid ramble) but I really appreciate the offer My inbox is always open to you too if you ever need it.

Huh weird. Here's a screenshot of my post

Thanks for the egg!!

I want an egg so HOP to it!
Username: Antagonist
Pattern Number or Details: 10
Egg Main Color(s): Something like colors ranging between #57007C, #750096, and #430060?? Lots of different purples if possible :D
Pattern Color(s): Metallic gold if possible, like #B78F00?
Ear Color(s): Also purple, matching the egg main colors~
Comments (optional): Thank you so much for doing these > w<