GregDinskisk

Old 11-25-2011, 04:26 AM

Intro

Imagine that all that we know is false. Imagine that the chair you're sitting on, the keyboard you're typing on, the screen you're looking at is all fake. Non-existent. Simply not there. Keep that as your mindset during this.

Idea

I would like to introduce to you a world that is a lie. Story progresses, it could be anything from 'boy meets girl' to a 'vampire high school' kind of thing. I however, will change things to my wanting. I will play as characters, doing whatever I want to meet my goal. My goal will not be clear as of now. Soon though, they will start to notice my character, 'The Bender of the Artifice', the 'Dungeon Master', the 'God'. I'd prefer that you, the 'Players of the Artifice', keep the original story to be more science fiction/thriller than cheesy romance, or trying to keep it open to such things.

More Details

This is different, so I can expect that some people won't understand it, or will dismiss it entirely. Hopefully, some people will find this extremely interesting, and will keep reading. I'm just going to have some details about this for now, that I may add to later.

1.) This is different than any other form of RP I can think of, so I'm putting it in the general RP's until either I think of something, depending on how the story goes, or until a moderator puts it somewhere.

2.) Yes, I am going to be GOD-MODDING a little. Don't worry though, it won't be completely crazy, although some things may get out there.

3.) You may be wondering what an 'Artifice' is. That's simply what I'm calling this world, which is bent to my will. That's what it is: my will. If I don't like something, I'll change it a little. What you do in this story will be your choice, but I can change things slightly, as I hold that power. If you really don't like something I did, and you feel upset about it, pm me. Either I'll change it back, I'll erase the change, or I'll change the change to something that works. If I can't do any of that, I'll explain to you why.

4.) My character is the villain. I was thinking about keeping that from you for awhile, but that's silly. It's a little obvious that my character is the villain, judging from all I've written. Your character's goal is to A.) Figure out my characters motives, B.) Stop them (unless you think that they are worth following through, and C.) get out of my control.

5.) Characters may die. I'll warn you ahead of time, if I believe your character will be biting the dust soon. This may be a deal breaker for some, but I'd personally like to create the first RP in Menewsha that actually has an ending. No, that is not my pure reasoning for making this.

6.) Me, and ONLY me, will have multiple characters. One of mine is the changer, and the other will be somewhere between a primary and secondary character. I'm making two for me so that I can give an example of how to fill out a character chart. Also, I have a feeling that there may not be that much to write for the 'Artifice Changer', because he's not going to be one that is in it too much, at first at least.

7.) PM me your character sheets, which is going to be coming up right after the rules.

Rules Part 1
Just some basic guidelines....

1.) BE LITERATE!!! I have no idea how many times on this site (on my old account) I've come across senctences that, are, liek, dis brah. I don't like acronyms by the way. PLEASE don't use those. Just an FYI.

2.) That last part of #1 was a joke.

3.) This will be in third person. I know that this whole introduction has been in first, but it's how I've always made them in the past, no matter if it was third or first person.

4.) a.) Don't God mod. That's my job. Play as your character, and don't do my job for me. I want to do that...

b.) Don't freak out at my God modding PLEASE! I know I stated earlier that if you don't want to change something, you can PM me, but that's mainly if it's something YOU ABSOLUTELY HATE!!! If it's something that you're kind of neutral about, don't freak out...

5.) I thought I would have more time to make more rules, but those will come tomorrow. Until then, PM telling me if you like this idea!

Last edited by GregDinskisk; 11-26-2011 at 03:37 AM..

GregDinskisk

Old 11-25-2011, 11:47 PM

Rules Part 2
Continuing everything from yesterday...

6.) Swearing is fine by me. Just don't go off into a random tangent of swearing. Note that everything on Menewsha is PG-13.

7.) Speaking of that, Menewsha rules... keep those in mind... obviously.

8.) Have any suggestions? PM them to me.

9.) When submitting a character to me VIA PM (that's emphasized for a reason), please title the PM 'My Artifice Character'. That just lets me know you read the rules.

10.) I like keeping things in either sets of fives, sevens, or threes.

Characters

This is the preferred minimum of information about your character that I would like:

Name of Character: Name your character...

Name of Creator: Just your username, so I can just copy and paste your characters info easier.

Gender: Usually easy to tell, but there are surprisingly many gender neutral names...

Occupation: Your characters occupation. If it is a student, just write student. Pretty straightforward.

Personality: Again, pretty straightforward. Just your characters personality. Keep this fairly short... shouldn't be that difficult.

Background: This is your characters background. This can be lengthy if one wishes. It can be short if one wishes. Just don't keep it below five words or anything... that's extremely annoying sometimes. It can be harder to develop plot if one does not keep at least SOME background.

Picture: This is optional. A bunch of people love doing pictures, and many hate it. I like it, personally.

Last bit

Okay... you know what you have to do now. I'll post twice more before we begin, once for a characters list, which should be started (with mine) a bit later tonight, and once so people know that the RP has begun. I'm going to want at least three other people before we all begin. I've already been PM'd about someone wanting to join, so just two more people, at least. I'll be accepting up until at a max of 8 characters, aside from the creator...

Okay, I hope you all enjoy this! I think I would!

Last edited by GregDinskisk; 11-26-2011 at 03:39 AM..

GregDinskisk

Old 11-27-2011, 04:19 AM

Characters

This post will be update occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark world dealer
Name of Character: Alex stonework

Name of Creator: Dark world dealer

Personality: out going kind loving of every thing

Background: Alex was raised in a kind town every one took care of each other they were like family no mater what they did if they were family he would stay by them into the very end Alex took kick boxing and tie kwon do and he was good at it he has had to fight before and when he did he would never hold back he would hold that rule to his last breath

Picture:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keysburger
Name: Michael Tamarang

Creator: keysburger

Occupation: Aviation mechanic for the United States Navy. Currently the rank of Petty Officer 2nd class.

Physical description: Michael is 6'3” with brown hair. Weighing 229lbs, he is a pretty big guy. He has a tattoo on his left calf that has a compass in the front of his calf, with several dots connected in a zigzag pattern all around his calf. Each dot has a longitude and latitude attached to it.

Personality: Michael is one of those guys who when he walks into a room, people look and listen. If his size weren't enough, his commanding voice gets even Chiefs to pay him an ear when he gets heated enough. This happens pretty often, seeing as his job is somewhat stressful. He is very good at what he does, and Michael knows this. He sometimes has problems with women, because as good as he is at talking, he is not so good at listening. His love of booze probably also hurts his chances in the romance department as well. By the way, Michael is a big football fan, and loves to watch the Packers play.

Background: Michael was born in the small town of Okemos, Wisconsin. His father was in the Army and his grandfather was in the Marine Corps. He went to Recruit Officer Training Command (ROTC) in high school and after high school he entered the Navy at 18. He went on his first deployment almost right away. He loved it because he got to see the world (and the worlds women) first hand. After coming back from the deployment, he set to making his skill set bigger and started rising is the ranks. He is currently of the last year before he negotiates his re-enlistment, which is scheduled on September 16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregDinskisk

Name of Character: Alex Arcsaw

Name of Creator: GregDinskisk

Personality: Pretty straightforward type of person, that doesn't appear to have much on his mind. However, those who know him know that he is always thinking, always watching. Slightly paranoid after his time in Afghanistan.

Background: He was an all honors, all A's kind of student when he was in school. Anything he was interested in he always did well in. Him joining the marines didn't surprise many. He had sworn he was going to since his parents died in the World Trade Center on 9/11. What did surprise people was how he went through officers training, and did well. He leaded a special unit, who did things that people weren't supposed to know about. People didn't. He returned to New York, where he had lived for his whole life, after an emotional breakdown. Alex didn't remember having one, but didn't ask questions. That is one of the things one learns in war. The higher ups know what they're doing. He couldn't stand doing nothing in New York, so he asked his brother, Steven, if he could work for him. He had owned a bar called 'The Resort'. Steven let him work as a barkeep, and Alex liked the job. Simple.

Picture:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregDinskisk

Name of Character: The Creator

Name of Creator: GregDinskisk

Personality: ??

Background: ??

Picture:

More will be clear in time. I'll update it when the information becomes relevant, or needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairefirestar9mm
Name of Character: Genesis Ailida Rebecca Alodos. Genesis or Gen would do.

Name of Creator: Clairefirestar9mm

Personality: Genesis is the silent type, who prefers to let her actions speak for her. She is a compassionate, caring person, but don’t mistake her as being naïve- she’s wise beyond her years and won’t play anyone’s fool. She seems to attract trouble rather then seek it, but either way she won’t back down from a fight. She retains a strong sense of justice and will jump to the aid of others with little regard for her own safety.

Background: Genesis grew up in the city, with her older brother Aiden and her father. Her mother walked out on them when Genesis was 5; her father, being a full-time police officer, couldn’t be home enough for the children, so Genesis and Aiden pretty much raised themselves. Genesis took heavily after her father; he often took her to work when he could, taught her how to shoot a gun, and gave her his strong sense of right and wrong. The young woman was hoping to pursue a career in criminal justice- but that all changed when her father died. Depression took over, and had it not been for Aiden, she probably wouldn’t have hung in there. As it is, she’s now trying to put her life back together, working as a bartender to make ends meet.

Picture:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini
Name of character: Rosemary Kazane
Name of creator: Gemini
Personality: cold, quiet and shy, but loyal.
Background: Rosemary grew up in an orphanage until age fourteen, when she got a job and saved up to get an apartment.she celebrated her sixteenth birthday in her own place.she works hard and pays for school and all her bills herself.she keeps to herself mostly.she loves to read and listen to music, and she prefers the company of animals over people.she almost never takes her earbuds out.her cold nature earned her the nickname ice princess in school.she only smiles when listening to music.
Pic:

Last edited by GregDinskisk; 12-01-2011 at 02:34 AM.. Reason: More characters

GregDinskisk

Old 11-27-2011, 11:42 PM

LET'S START!

Alex

Alex knew it was over before it begun. He couldn't see his opposition... the enemy was surrounded in shadows. He could tell that his enemy was a male though, from his stance and the way he breathed. Alex jumped forward to tackle him, but he was thrown back by some unseen force. He laid on the floor, unable to get up. He felt blood trickle down his back because of a glass bottle he was thrown on. The man attacking Alex came forward, but his face was still covered by shadows. Alex struggled against the force on top of him, but to know avail. It was over.

The 'Shadow Man', as Alex thought of him, came over, and went down to his knees, as if bowing before a king. He had a strange looking weapon at Alex's neck. 'Or is it a claw?' He thought. He saw a flash, Alex gasped, and...

It was over.

The dream Alex was having was done. He woke up, panting. His brother, Steven, rushed into the room.

"Are you okay? I heard a scream?" Steven said to him, with a worried tone.

"I hope it was a manly one you heard... I'm sorry. This is happening way too often," Alex replied to him, panting stopping. He was sick of waking up with this happening every day. It was a wonder in Alex's mind that Steven hasn't kicked him out yet.

Steven smiled at the first comment. "Look, little brother, it's alright. I realized when I took you in that this might happen. You were in Afghanistan for far too long."

Alex smiled apologetically. "Thank you Steven."

Steven nodded, accepting the apology. "Now get up Alex. It's almost four in the afternoon. Your shift starts soon." Steven then started to leave the room, but then stopped. "Also... it's a double shift for you tonight. We lost Carl the other day. We have a new girl coming in to work barkeep from midnight to six, so I want you to teach her the ins and outs of the bar tonight. Thanks, brother."

Alex nodded, accepting this. He wouldn't have gotten much sleep tonight anyways.

"What's her name?" He asked, the only question he wanted to know.

"No idea. I forget," Steven said back, smiling. He had a tendency to not remember names. He wasn't good with EVER. That's one reason why most of his relationships end with him laughing, after forgetting their names after the seventh date.

Alex chuckled at this. "Okay, Steven."

Steven then left the room, and Alex proceeded to getting dressed, to man his post. All of a sudden, he felt a presence in the room. Something dark. Behind him. He didn't turn though, knowing that if he did, everything he knew, or thought he knew, would change. He wasn't sure how he knew that though. He heard four words from it, and they too changed everything, but he didn't know how. He didn't quite hear them, but the mans dark thoughts were projected...

'Everything is in motion'

Clairefirestar9mm
Caboose :3

Old 11-28-2011, 12:38 AM

Genesis Alodos sighed as she sipped at her brandy, wondering why she couldn't sleep. It had been like this for the past few days; she'd try to sleep, would fail, and would end up drinking. Her brother Aiden told her she had a drinking problem; in reality, she was just bored. She glanced at the clock; it was 4 in the afternoon. Most people would be ending their day; She should have still been asleep, being a woman who constantly worked night jobs.

But no, she was ever so awake, and the effects of a lack of sleep were starting to show.

She looked up as her front door opened, her older brother Aiden strolling in. "I got you some groceries," he said, kicking the door closed beind him. "Lord knows you don't eat enough." She fixed him with a wary look, setting her glass down on the counter.

"Aiden, I told you not to buy me things," she said, sounding tired. He gave her a warm smile, setting the bags on the counter before her.

"Gen, don't," he told her. "If it makes you feel better, you can pay me back later. Speaking of, shouldn't you be asleep? You start tonight, don't you?"

"Mhmm," she hummed, knocking back the rest of her drink. "Except sleep is pretty elusive right now." She made a face at her brother as he eyed the cup in her hand, before turning her back on him and sticking it in the sink (which was overflowing with dirty dishes- she really needed to start cleaning up.)

"Drinking before starting a job as a bartender? Now that's dedication," he said with a wry chuckle, earning a scathing glare from his sister.

"Don't judge me."

He held up his hands, shaking his head, then rested them on the counter, examining her as she turned to face him. "How have you been holding up?" She didn't reply right away, the question hitting her hard. She knew he worried- after months of depression and a near-suicide, he had every right to be worried. But she wished he wouldn't.

"Well enough," she finally said. "At least, well enough to get a job. I was thinking of going in early, to get a feel for the place."

"That should get you brownie points," he said with an approving nod. She smiled at him gratefully; he knew a change in subject when he saw one. "You heading in now? It's pretty early for a bar to be open."

"Well, this bar opens early, I guess," she said, glancing at the calender on her fridge. "I'm not going in right away, I have some errands to run first." He nodded, then crossed the tiny kitchen and pulled her into a bear hug.

"Be careful," he said, then ruffled her bright red hair affectionately. "Don't go beating up every guy who looks your way."

"We'll see," she said with a laugh, before slipping away and crossing the apartment. "Lock the door behind you," she called, grabbing her jacket and slipping out the door. She put her jacket on as she left the complex, wondering just what kind of place the bar would be like. She decided she'd swing by and take another look; she only lived a few blocks away from the bar, and it was on her way. She paused as she zipped her jacket up, an odd chill crawling up her back. Like she was being... watched?

She looked over her shoulder with a frown, then shrugged and headed along her way, deciding she was probably being paranoid. Pretty soon, she found herself before the bar; it hadn't opened yet, but that might have been for the best. She stared up at it for a moment, loosing herself in her thoughts.

keysburger
Like a Cheeseburger but not

Old 11-28-2011, 01:12 AM

Michael

Mike was having the [I]perfect[I] day. The flight schedule was non-stop, and, to make things worse, this inspection was driving the chiefs crazy, which meant more work for Mike. It was 1530, though, so his relief would be here any minute. Mike glanced at the clock. 1531. His relief was now 1 minute late. No big deal, so he is a little late. Its his first day, give him a break. Mike headed out to the flight line to check the tire pressure on one of the Hornets. Any excuse to get out of here before Chief Bigsby gets here and-

"TAMARANG!!!!!!"

Son of a bitch. "Yes, chief?

"Where is your relief, sailor! I told you to pick him up at the airport at 1515, dumbass!"

That tears it!"Like hell you did, chief! You told me to do a 36 day inspection, which is supposed to take 4 hours, one hour ago! How am I supposed to pick him up while I am under a bird!"

"Tamarang, if I told you to do an inspection an hour ago, why are you in here?"

"Because I am that damn good, thats why!"

"Well, in that case, I suppose Airman (looks at paper in hand) Goldstein should be trained by the best. Looks like you have a brand new booter to train, shipmate. Pick him up right away, and then you can stand his shift with him starting tomorrow. Enjoy your last night off duty, shipmate."

Great. Back on the night shift... Maybe I can find someone to switch shifts with Goldstein. I can always talk to Senior Chief Grimer, he can approve it so Bigsby won't even see it coming. I just need the right guy. Now who do I know that owes me a favor... As Mike climbed into his car and drove to the airport, he thought of every time he covered a mistake, every time he won a bet, even the times when he took an ugly girl home for a buddy's sake. All the favors had been paid back. Except for one...

"Hey, Burchel, its me, Mikey! Hows it going? So, how is leave?"

"Not bad, man. Can't wait to start day shift tomorrow. You know I have been pushing that for weeks. Finally I can go to the club at night, when there are people there!"

"Yeeaah... about that. Remember the time when you screwed the skippers daughter?"

"Mike..."

"I kinda need you to switch with the new guy on nights..."

"Mike, I swear to god..."

"After this, we're even, I swear."

"Lets discuss this in person. Meet at the bar at 2200."

"Copy. Mike out."

Mike arrived at the airport USO, and immediately spotted Goldstein. He looked in his 20s, and rather bored. He was sitting in his dress whites, drinking an energy drink. Mike picked him up and drove him to the barracks where he would be staying. Mike and him talked football on the way up. He seemed like a pretty good guy, actually.

After setting his Seabag on his rack, Goldstein asked "Do you know of any good bars around here? I haven't had a drink in a while."

"Actually, I was heading down to one to meet a buddy so we can get us on day shift. Do you want to come?"

"Really? You just met me."

"You're all right, for a Lions fan, anyway. I'll pick you up at 2130."

Mike went to his barracks, played some Battlefield, and showered to get ready for the bar. After he picked up Goldstein, he was on the highway on his way to the bar. Suddenly, a dark presence, seemed to leer, just inside his blind spot. He checked, nothing there. He felt it again, again nothing. He shook it off, and drove to the bar. The two of them found Burchel right away and started to talk and drink...

Last edited by keysburger; 11-28-2011 at 01:15 AM..

GregDinskisk

Old 11-28-2011, 02:08 AM

The Creator

He saw Sarah, or Genesis Ailida Rebecca Alodos as he had renamed her. Sarah was far too common of a name for one such as her. She would be useful in the future. She'd be useful right now. 'Connections' was his one and only thought. That was one of his abilities. A lack of thought. He could think a hundred times faster than supercomputers that would be in use in a hundred years when he had to, and he could think less than a dog if he wishes. Right now, he was skipping through the glitches in the Artifice, watching those who would come into contact with each other soon.

'It has begun,' he had thought, sending it out to all the players. They would soon be playing the same game he is. 'What is it?' they would be thinking when it begins. But little do they know, that's not even the right question.

Alex

Alex, having gotten up, set up the bar. Steven had left through the backdoor earlier, doing whatever it is he does at four in the afternoon. He setup all the tables (there were only seven, but it still took about 30 minutes, due to Steven's specifications) as well as cleaning off the bar. There was nothing worse in the world than a dirty bar to sit at. After stretching out his arms and sighing deeply, he opened up the bar.

But, it was only four. Usually no one came in this early. Once, he had asked Steven why it opened that early. He just rose his eyebrows and ignored him. That was when he realized it was for HIS benefit. Steven made it easy for Alex, so that he didn't have to stress out too much.

Alex sat behind the bar, concocting a beverage he called, "Squoke" due to it being mainly Squirt and Coke. He then realized that someone was outside the door, waiting for the bar to open. He walked over, confused, and tried opening the door to see what the problem was. Then he realized the door was locked, and sighed again due to frustration. He unlocked it, and stared into the blue eyes of a redhead.

"Hey there," Alex said. "Sorry for the mistake... usually the bar is open this time of day. I forgot to unlock the doors... Come on in."

He got the unique feeling that he was being watched, from the moment that opened the door. He froze, trying to figure out where it was coming from. The dark valley across the street? was his thought, but then he realized no one would be able to see from there, except with night vision goggles, and that was unlikely in this part of New York...

What's going on?

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 11-28-2011, 02:16 AM

Genesis jumped slightly as the door was opened by a brunette man, caught off guard. "Oh, uh, it's okay," she said, quickly trying to recollect herself. She entered the bar, unsure of what else to do. "I'm Genesis Alodos, I'm supposed to start working here later tonight and I... uh, thought I'd check it out," she finished, wincing at herself. What a great first impression she was making- but when she got nervous, she couldn't help but ramble.

She let her eyes wander around the bar, taking in the simple, rather comfy setting. She decided, then and there, that she liked this place. She could see the bar from where she was standing- it was a moderate height, not too tall for her slime, 5'2" frame. She took a step forward, then froze, that same chill from earlier creeping up her spine.

It has begun.

What the hell was that? she thought, looking over her shoulder. She saw that the man who had let her in had frozen at the doorway, a peculiar look on his face.

"Uh, hey, are you alright," she asked, trying to shake the thick, sickly feeling that had stolen over her.

((ooc- this is a lot shorter then it looked when I wrote it -___-; ))

keysburger

Old 11-29-2011, 07:31 AM

Later that evening, Mike, Burchell, and Goldstein were all talking, joking, drinking and having a good time. Goldstein was enjoying listening to their stories of their deployments, and the other two were enjoying reminising. Eventually, the subject turned to football. Mike even let Burchell win a few arguments about football, just to butter him up. Even so, Burchell did not want to switch shifts. Mike challenged Burchell to a game of darts for the shift, and Burchell accepted.

"Okay, man. Come to think of it, we have been to this bar I don't know how many times, yet you never beat me. This should be easy." Burchell said.

I never really tried... "Then this will be the first. You are up."

Burchell took his first throw. ZIP! A double bulls-eye! Second throw, ZIP! 18! Third and final throw, POINK! Another double bulls-eye

"93 in three darts... Beat that, sucker!"

Without speaking, Mike threw all three darts in quick succession. BAP! ZIP! POINK! All three darts landed in the triple 20 zone.

"180! You son of a bitch... You hustled me?! I can't believe this. Well, its past your bedtime, Goldstein. Lets go home, we will call chief and get this shift changed. Freaking nights again..."

The two of them left Mike to his food, and he finished and then went up to the bar. Sorry buddy, I just need to stay off night shift. Mike looked at the nearest barkeep. She had bright red hair, and kind of a mysterious/gloomy look to her.

She's pretty, but she looks a little down."Hello, miss. I'd like to open a tab, starting with an Incredible Hulk, please." Mike said, exaggerating his manly voice just a little.

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 11-30-2011, 07:03 AM

[[Greg and I were in a totally different time from you XD Guess it's time to institute a time-skip! *starts singing the time-warp song*]]

Genesis looked up as someone called out to her, asking for a drink. The man was huge- not fat, but more muscular, and very tall. Intimidating, if she was the kind to be intimidated easily; his presence demanded a certain kind of attention. She only nodded and pulled her hair into a ponytail, then pulled out the ingredients for the drink, measuring out the right ammounts of cognac and Hpnotq into a glass.

"Here you go," she said, sliding the glass across the table like a pro. She looked up at him, then indicated the darts board with a bob of her head. "Good game there, by the way," she told him, leaning against the bar casually.

She took the chance to examine him again; now that she looked at him, he was definitely some kind of soldier. She turned her head away for a moment, surveying the rest of the bar. It was relatively noisy and full, but not as rambunctious as she thought it would get. She'd found that this was the kind of place where she could get comfortable. She glanced over her shoulder, wondering where Alex had run off to, one hand fidling with the silver and pearl pendant at her throat.

[[Short post is short .__________.]]

keysburger

Old 11-30-2011, 07:39 AM

The lady bartender slid the glass expertly into his hand. He took a drink, and found the beverage to be almost exactly how he perferred it. Enough Cognac to balance the Hpnotiq, but not too much at all. "Apparently I'm not the only one who has a little skills." Mike said in a relaxed tone. He could sense the hesitation coming from her, so he paused a second to survey the bar. A typical day, nothing extraordinary happening. The bartender was fiddling with a silver and pearl pendant, it seemed like it might be important to her.

"You new here? I come here a lot, and usually Carl or Alex are at the bar. Not that I'm complaining or anythi-" Just then, a cold, dark, shiver went down Mike's spine. Almost as if someone ealked over his grave. He dropped his glass, but caught it in his left hand. Years on the flight line had honed his reflexes, but not enough to keep himself from spilling some of the expertly poured beverage. Reeaal smooth, jackass.

"Damn, I'm sorry. Let me clean this up." Mike then proceeded to use some of the napkins at the bar to mop up the beverage form the bar. The smell of the beverage seemed a little off somehow, but Mike could not put his hand on it. Perhaps it was nothing.

GregDinskisk

Old 12-01-2011, 03:41 AM

(Sorry, I had like five tests to study for the last few days. DAMN YOU SCHOOL! I'll post a long one, and one tomorrow, but I won't be on for Friday or Saturday (I may early on Friday, but unlikely), sorry for being so inactive... Also, people welcome Gemini, she just joined the RP. Also, thanks for taking over, going ahead in time. That was smart. And needed. We could have been at that time slot a LONG time.)

Alex

Alex sat in the bathroom, sweating over a sink, staring into a mirror. He had been in there for almost 15 minutes now. Sarah can handle it alone... Genesis has been doing a great job. This little problem will go away in a couple minutes... Those were his thoughts about ten minutes ago. All of a sudden, he was alert. Someone else was in the room. He knew it was wrong, because the door hadn't opened.

What the hell? Alex thought. Why now? Why is it here? He thought it. Interesting thought coming from Alex, automatically knowing it was an it. A dark thought entered his mind all of a sudden.

No. It is not now. It is forever. This moment is forever. What you see isn't there NOW, it's not there in a moment, it's always there. In another sense, it's never there. Thoughts are interesting things, aren't they?

Somehow, Alex had known that time had frozen for a minute. He had also known that the moment was always open for the thing doing this. Whenever he wanted to, he could come back. Haunting. Forever. That moment was forever was his thought.

The entity sent another thought, but it appeared to be much stronger. Alex knew this was sent to more than just him. He collapsed.

You are chosen for a game. To win, play. To lose, don't. There are stakes. Don't think there aren't. Oh, and, you do have a choice in the matter of playing or not. Just, the latter choice holds consequences. Don't mess up.

He woke with a start. There was a small crowd around him. One of the people was Tiffany, Carl's girlfriend. Others he had recognized from the bar. They came pretty regularly. He wasn't too good with names though. Just faces. When shooting, one doesn't need to know any names. Just who to look for.

"Are you okay?" Tiffany asked, "Carl went to look for you, found you, and called me. I did CPR. It obviously worked."

He groaned, weakly, a pain in my stomach. "So, where is he?" Alex asked. He had looked around, but didn't see him. ShitHe thought. Where's a brother when you need one?

He stretched, told the watchers to go back to doing what they were doing, and left the restroom, to check on how Genesis was handling herself.

The Creator

There are two kinds of people in the world: talkers and doers. All talkers got are talk. They say they're going to do whatever it is they want, but they don't; they pussy out. Doers? They're the opposite. All they have are actions. That's all they CAN do. They MUST do it to survive.

At least, that's what The Creator thought. He wanted to observe his experiment. Figure out how they handle themselves. But, that was a different story. He had been watching some for time now. Alex was one. Genesis. Mike. Rosemary. They all have some role to be filled in this.

However, there are those who don't. So they're gone.

Vanished.

Neither here nor there.

Gone.

However, gone isn't what it seems. Sarah is gone, Genesis took her place. Carl has a role to be filled, as do Alex, as do their parents. Some are gone, but not. They're here, but not there. Like Alex's parents, who died, making him a soldier, shaping him up to be a candidate. Carl has a role to influence him as well, so he's here.

So do Mike's friends, specifically Goldstein. So did the violent death of Genesis' father, by the New York Destroyer. Who also comes in to play later.

The Creator has it all lined up, and it was going to plan. Carl would soon die. He was actually in the process right now. As is everyone in the world.

Except The Creator.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-01-2011, 04:53 AM

((Hello everyone! I hope I do well....and don't get offed in the near future.:sweat: ))
Rosemary sat bolt upright in her bed, sheets twisted around her legs and clothes drenched in cold sweat.another nightmare.they had been happening more and more often lately, though she'd had them her whole life.the darkness, the shadowed figure...she could never remember the rest.she only knew that when she woke up, she was always terrified.the nightmares had bern so frequent lately, she had started to develop signs of insomnia, and stopped eating.she looked at the clock and realized it was almost time for work."damn...better get ready." She mumbled.fifteen minutes later, Rosemary was showered and dressed, and eating an apple on her way out the door.she hopped onto her motorcycle- her pride and joy, a gift to herself when she had earned enough money from working- and sped off to the restaurant. Once there she was bombarded with orders and set off to deliver them immediately. It was tough going at first, but by 11 o'clock things had slowed down.she had time to enjoy a soda and a fortune cookie while she waited for the next delivery call.after eating the cookie, she looked at the fortune.someone had once told her to respect the fortune, that the cookie never lied.she didn't believe it, but she always took the advice it gave anyway.she had her headphones in, as usual, and was listening to a soundtrack from .hack//sign titled "in your mind" when she read the words on the tiny paper.it seemed like a sign, as if reading the words summoned a voice from her nightmares that spoke the words to her."this life is a game, in which we all must play." Was all it said.Rosemary gave an involuntarily shudder and pocketed the fortune.her boss was yelling at her to make another delivery, anyway.

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-01-2011, 04:56 AM

[[Yay you're back! (relatively) Do you want us to just keep trucking on when you're away, or would you rather us wait?

EDIT: Hey Rosemary, welcome to the RP!]]

"Thanks," she said, her voice soft as she looked back at him. She brushed her hair out of her eyes, rubbing her left ankle against the back of her right a she leaned on the bar. She was only half-paying attention to him- Alex had run off to god knew where, and he hadn't seen much of Carl either, so she had to keep an eye on the rest of the bar. That's why when he stopped mid-sentence, her head whipped back around, trying to figure out what had happened.

She pushed away from the bar when she saw that he had spilled some of his drink, the liquid spreading out across the smooth wood surface of the bar. She reached under the bar for a rag, helping him mop up the mess. She was in the process of dragging the rag across the bar when she suddenly froze- a cold chill raced up her spine, and the acute sense of being watched hit her stronger then it had before.

You are chosen for a game. To win, play. To lose, don't. There are stakes. Don't think there aren't. Oh, and, you do have a choice in the matter of playing or not. Just, the latter choice holds consequences. Don't mess up.

She suddenly felt sick- with a great ammount of effort, she swallowed it down, closing her eyes for a moment. She braced her arms against the bar as she tried to refocus herself, opening her eyes slowly.

She hurriedly finished cleaning, then tossed the rag back under the bar. "Yes, I'm new," she said, reverting to the conversation beforehand. She was trying her best to shake the chill that had just attacked her, which meant she was going to be chattier then usual. "Tonight's my first night. My shift doesn't start until midnight but I came in early to get a handle on things. Alex has been showing me the ropes..." She trailed off, wondering just where Alex had run off to. It was then that she spotted him heading back towards the bar from the bathroom.

"You alright," she asked in her soft voice, blue eyes scanning his features. He looked... shaken.

keysburger

Old 12-01-2011, 06:31 AM

Mike is not a superstitious guy. However, is it really superstitious to believe what you are sure you just heard inside your head? Mike noticed out of the corner of his eye that while the voice played inside his head, everyone seemed to not go about their business, except for the lady bartender.

"Yes, I'm new. Tonight's my first night. My shift doesn't start until midnight but I came in early to get a handle on things. Alex has been showing me the ropes..." Mike had met Alex before. It took about five to ten seconds talking to him in the past to figure out the man was a devil dog. Mike had heard rumors of PTSD or at least repressed memories. That kind of stuff was unfortunately not unknown or even uncommon, but Mike could tell he had a good head on his shoulders.

"You alright?" she said in her soft voice. He scanned her facial features. He could tell she had some deep feelings inside of her that in normal situations would have prevented her form being so open.

"I'm all right, just a little spill." Putting the peices together, it seemed like his initial suspicion that she heard the voice as well was correct. An idea bubbled inside his head. How would he put this, without it sounding like some crazy pick up line? Mike was never known for discretion but he thought this needed at least a little, seeing as he didn't want to end up in a mental institution, or worse, kicked out of his favorite bar. He took a pen out of his pocket and wrote a message on a notepad he used for work.

This may sound crazy, but if you heard a voice in your head tonight telling you that this is a game, you are not crazy. I heard it too, and I think we need to talk. I'm going to go to the head. When I come back, if you want to talk, ask me if I want another Hulk. If not, sell me a domestic beer.

Mike tore off the sheet from his pocket notepad and folded it into a paper crane. He then placed it on the bar and went to the head (restroom). On his way there, he passed by Alex, and gave him a nod. As he entered the restroom, a shocking sight lay before him. The walls were covered in blood! Didn't even have enough time to gasp, when suddenly he was extremely sick, and vomiting in the toilet. When he picked his head up, the walls were no longer covered in blood, there was just a man looking at him with that oh, someone had too much to drink look on his face. What the frak is going on?!!!

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-01-2011, 10:03 PM

((I need a way into the interaction here.anyone wanna call for chinese?))

GregDinskisk

Old 12-02-2011, 03:39 AM

Yeah, just play for a bit without me. I'll find my way out and back in. Can someone else call Chinese or something? I'd have difficulty doing it with Alex, and significantly more with The Creator...

The Creator - Introduction

The Creator walked along The Artifice, welcoming the information it sent him. He started singing, "Row, row, row your boat... gently down the stream... merrily... merrily... merrily... life is but a dream..." His version of the song was much darker than children singing it in nursery school.

He found the point in the Artifice, and went through. He made some changes, ones that would slowly eat away at reality, until they would not know what was true. Mike noticed Carl's death in the restroom, a change that would truly start the game that would begin shortly. Mike soon lost sight of the Artifice, and it was gone to him. For now. More changes would be occurring to them all soon.

Alex

Alex had walked over to where Genesis was. He nodded to Mike, a regular, while he passed. He saw the mess that Sarah was cleaning up, but realized that it wasn't a big deal right now. He saw a note on the table.

"Hey, Gen, how you holding up?" He asked her. He had picked up the note, and read it.

This may sound crazy, but if you heard a voice in your head tonight telling you that this is a game, you are not crazy. I heard it too, and I think we need to talk. I'm going to go to the head. When I come back, if you want to talk, ask me if I want another Hulk. If not, sell me a domestic beer.

Alex paled after reading this. Usually he was good at hiding his emotions, but this wasn't one of those times.

"Who wrote this?" He asked Genesis, with a deadly serious face. He forced the question, putting on his most deadly stare he has given stateside.

The Creator - Reprise

The Creator walked into the bar that everyone was gathering. He wore the body of a man wearing a purple suit and a great big top-hat. He obviously had a gun in his pocket. A few people noticed as he walked in, but no one mentioned it. As he passed, he slightly messed with The Artifice.

"Yeah, I want some Chinese. I'm hungry, man... Where? Oh, right, The Resort. You know where that is? Good. I'm hungry."

That was a man that was stoned, at one of the few tables in the bar. He needed another one here. There were more candidates in the city, but they weren't needed at the moment. The Creator walked up to Genesis at the bar, who was next to Alex and took a seat. He made sure neither would be able to remember what this body looked like, no matter how weird it looked. A benefit of The Artifice.

"I would like to have raw meat," He asked. Raw meat gave him the strength needed, as the acids inside that helped him work The Artifice weren't destroyed yet.

He then started whistling 'Row, Row, Row your Boat'.

I guess I did manage tow work it in Gemini!

keysburger

Old 12-02-2011, 04:59 AM

Mike finished his head call, and then started moving towards the bar. The man in the top hat looked quite out of place, so that was the first thing he noticed. Also, Mike noticed the presence of a small firearm in the man's pocket. Now, the city may be a little rough, so protection may be the reason for it, especially with his fancy attire. However, there was something about that guy that just spelled trouble. Mike decided to sit at the bar, several seats away from the man with the top hat. Close enough to see if he pulled the gun, but far enough away to duck behind the bar if he did. He may be a US Sailor, but he wasn't bulletproof and didn't carry a gun. Mike looked around some more, and finally noticed Alex staring down the lady bartender with a glare that was far worse than that one time someone tipped him with lint. Mike then noticed what was in his hand. Aw, crap. Play it cool, Mikey. Play it cool. Mike just sat at the bar, minding his own business. He continued looking around, trying not to look suspicious while he listened in on the bartender's conversation. He also noticed that people seemed to be trickling out of the bar, which was a little odd, since it was not that late yet. I guess some people may have noticed the gunman, but thats not too uncommon. I wonder whats going on?

Mike then heard the Gunman ask for "Raw Meat". Mike had almost an encyclopedic knowledge of alcoholic beverages, but he had never heard of that. Maybe its not real... Or maybe I'm just crazy. The man then started whistling 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat', which I guess wasn't too out of the ordinary on its own, but it echoed in Mike's mind. Gently down the stream, merrily merrily- What the hell? Mike shook his head. Something is going on today. That, or he was really crazy.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-03-2011, 04:29 AM

((Thanks you!))
Rosemary's next delivery call was a bit strange, but not unheard of.someone had called from a bar a few blocks away.rose wasn't completely opposed to bars, but alcohol wasn't her thing.one of her friends in the orphanage had died in a drunk driving accident a few years back, and she had decided then that she would never put herself in that position.she hopped on her motorcycle and drove towards the bar with her delivery strapped to a special seat basket behind her.she turned up her ipod on the way so she could hear it over the engine.about halfway there, as she was enjoying a guitar solo in a nickleback song, her ipod suddenly switched songs.it was in her pocket, so she figured she must have hit a button by accident, until she heard the song that started."what the shell?" She shouted, her surprise making her swerve.she righted herself just in time to stop outside the bar.as she cut the engine, she took her ipod out of her pocket and checked the screen.it told her she was listening to nickleback."what the blarney stone is wrong with this thing?" She asked.just as she voiced the question, the song switched back in time for her to catch the end of her nickleback song.she shook her head and took the delivery inside the bar, still confused.she'd have to check her playlist later, but she was almost positive "row row row your boat" wasn't on it.

Last edited by Gemini; 12-03-2011 at 04:32 AM..

keysburger

Old 12-03-2011, 08:05 AM

While purusing the room, Mike spotted the chinese delivery girl enter the bar. She reminded him of some of the young females who entered into the navy at boot camp. Her walk suggested that she was more mature than most; she had none of the usual bubbliness that accoumpanied most girls of that age. She seemed frustrated about something. Mike watched her start to deliver the mountain of chinese food to the stoner and continued scanning the room.

The next thing Mike spotted was one of the windows to the bar. He had noticed that the window was tinted, even though he swore that it was not tinted before. While puzzling on this, he remembered that they always had been tinted. He must have been mistaken a second earlier. I am going crazy... Mike then looked down at his cell phone, and noticed an outgoing call. He put the phone to his ear.

"Hello? This is Golden Panda. Can I help you?"

Mike thought for a moment. He could swear he didn't make the call, but something was compelling him to keep the chinese delivery girl here. He couldn't have seen the restaurant name on her uniform from there, but he somehow knew that that was her restaurant.

"My name is Gregory Heathcliffe from the Federal Beaurau of Equal Opportunity Employment. I was wondering, do you currently know of the law that states that staff under the age of sixteen be given accomodations and pay equal to that of their 18 year old counterparts? Yes? Well, then you will have no problem with me interviewing this young lady making deliveries at The Resort, do you? You will have to cover her shift for the rest of the night. Thank you." Click. Mike had barely let the man get a word in. He then, while still being aware of the gunman's presence, started moving in a casual manner towards the delivery girl. Something is going on. How did he know the name of the chinese restaurant? Was that window tinted before or not? How had he pulled off such a good health inspector impersonation on such a short notice? Mike had a lot of questions, and not a whole lot of answers.

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-04-2011, 02:45 AM

Genesis shrugged her shoulder slightly, pushing red hair out of her eyes. "It's going good so far," she said after a moment in her low, sweet voice, deciding that she was going to have to get used to being more vocal. She glanced up as a young girl walking into the bar- she was tempted to go and shoo her out, because she was clearly too young to be there (although Genesis could see a level of maturity beyond other girls of her age in the way she held herself.) Then she realized the take-out boxes in her hand, and looked more closely at the girl. Ah, a delivery shirt. Genesis let it be, turning back to Alex. She cleared her throat slightly, then watched as he picked up the note. When did that get there...?

She looked back up at Alex to reply, and found him giving her something akin to a death glare. It only threw her off for a second, and there was no shift in her expression to show her surprise; the only indication that she had been startled was a flash of apprehension in her clear blue eyes.

"I don't know," she replied evenly. She leaned over to read it, her eyes scanning over the words quickly. Two words leaped out at her, betraying their writer. another Hulk. She looked up automatically, her eyes falling on the soldier who had ordered the drink before she looked back at Alex. Hopefully he hadn't picked up on who she had looked at, but the way she was watching her made her doubt that was possbile. I'm sorry, she thought, but hardly dared to look over at the man again.

Before she could make a reply to Alex, a customer walked up to the bar. A man in a hat, she noticed, but... oddly, nothing else about him was discernable. There was nothing extraordinary about him, she concluded after a moment. Nothing for her to notice.

Until he requested raw meat.

"Raw...?" she started, then shook her head and shrugged. She'd seen stranger. "Alex, I don't know exactly where the food is kept," she said as she turned back to him. Something felt wrong here- she couldn't turn completely away from the stranger. It took her a moment before she realized why. She didn't feel comfortable with him at her back. It puzzled her, and above all made her suspicious. All night, she'd had people at her back and hadn't feel the least bit apprehensive, but now... she couldn't help her eyes darting to glance at the man every few seconds, shifting on her feet almot nervously as she waited for Alex to reply. The man behind her was whistling a familiar tune- row, row, row your boat- but the way he whistled it didn't bring back nostalgia. Instead, it sent a creeping, undescribable fear up her spine. One that was strong enough to freak out even her, and the fear showed on her face, just the slightest bit.

[[Sorry for my absence! Had a busy friday night, it was my little brother's birthday.]]

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-04-2011, 03:54 AM

((I know how that is.))
Rosemary looked around the smoky, somewhat crowded room.she wasn't sure who had ordered from the restaurant, but she knew how to find out.there were signs, she had learned.first, there was the obvious- anyone looking expectant and/or hungry.then there was the presence of a cell phone.the way someone looked up when they caught the scent of the food.that was always a giveaway.she looked around the room for signs and found one.a man with a cell phone.he was talking and looking at her, as if he was waiting for her.she made her way to him, and on the way she passed an odd man at the bar.he didn't seem very remarkable, but there was something about him, almost too ordinary and overlookable.she shook her head.the heat was getting to her.strange...it wasn't hot in here before...was it? she thought to herself.she was almost sure it had been comfortable in the room before, but the heat was there and something in her mind wanted to believe it always had been.she shook het head again and made it over to the man with the cell phone."excuse me, sir? Did you order chinese? Im Rosemary, from the golden panda.im here on a delivery." She said to him, shaking off the nagging feeling that the restaurant name was wrong.wasn't it jade dragon...? No, she was just overtired.

keysburger

Old 12-04-2011, 04:34 AM

Mike watched the delivery girl as she approached him. He hadn't expected this development, but it seemed to work for his purposes. If only he knew what those purposes were. Why did he want her here in the first place? This all had to do with the "game". He just knew it.

"Excuse me, sir? Did you order chinese? Im Rosemary, from the golden panda. I'm here on a delivery."

Mike thought for a brief moment. This must be about the "game". How would he keep her here, and more importantly how would he ask about this without sounding like a creep/pedophile? He then remembered an old saying that he heard often in his maintainence job. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

"Hello, Rosemary. My name is Mike, and as a motter of fact I would like some chinese. Also, I was wondering if I could have a moment of your time. See I'm with the Federal Beaurau of Equal Opportunity Employment, and I would like to ask you some questions about your employment accomodations. As you can see, I ordered enough food for two, so if you dont mind eating what your work makes, you can help yourself. Sound like a deal?"

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-04-2011, 05:12 AM

Rosemary blinked and, for a second, was tempted to punch first and ask questions later.she quickly got a hold of herself, however.the guy seemed legit- something you learned to look for as a sixteen year old orphan on your own.of course, it occurred to her that this might have to do with her fortune, and if that was the case...it was worth checking out."sure.my dinner break wasn't enough food anyway.but I suggest we go outside or something since im not nearly old enough to be in here for anything other than delivery." She said.this servers two purposes. First, she could get out of this hot room and not get in trouble for being there.and second, if she was outside she had more room to fight- or run, if need be."by the way, you owe seven ninety five for this food." She informed him.

keysburger

Old 12-04-2011, 05:34 AM

Mike could tell that he could have used a little more tact, because the look on here face immediately after the question was one he had recieved before, usually before getting drenched in drink or punched in the face. She seemed to relax after a second, however. Then she gave him his answer and his total.

"Sure. My dinner break wasn't enough food anyway, but I suggest we go outside or something since I'm not nearly old enough to be in here for anything other than delivery. By the way, you owe seven ninety five for this food."

"Of course." Mike handed her the seven ninety-five, and gave his credit card to the lady bartender to clear his tab.

"Shall we go to the outdoor park area outside?" Strange. Mike could have sworn that that was just a vacant lot, but now it had benches, a playground, even a gazebo. Must have been while I was on Deployment. Mike then led her to the outdoor area, and on their way, he asked his first question.

"Rosemary, if you don't mind my asking, how many minors are employed at the Golden Panda?" He would keep this cover for a few more questions, then try to slip in his real question when they were away from prying ears.