Stellar Delusion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-06-2013, 08:26 PM

Introduction
So, much of my little family-like thing is working on writing the story for a video game. My boyfriend has sorta fallen into a leadership position with it, but we all could use some inspiration. So, I'm asking for art. Looking at art of the characters I'm writing about usually inspires me a lot. Same goes for my boyfriend...and actually most of us.

Disclaimer:
Any art obtained through this request will be used as follows:
• Posted to the project blog under the Fan Art tag with full credit, and
• Saved to a personal folder for when we need the additional push to write.
It may also be used in one or both of our Mene signatures. Unless clearly requested otherwise by the artist, it will not be used for any other purpose and will not be brought into any commercial use. You still retain full rights to any piece you create for us. You may revoke our permission to post your art at any time.

About The Story
The story is set in a post-apocalyptic world, 99 years after humanity nearly destroyed itself. The world has since mostly rebuilt itself, and it seems to be for the better - but is it really? While people are generally kinder, and technology is improving in leaps and bounds, the dominant culture is still one of greed and control. Now, ever since the event that nearly destroyed the planet, people with magical abilities have been appearing. How will this be used?

Our story is one of six people swept up in a mistaken identity crisis in this twisted new world, who are given only one option if they wish to survive - find out how deep this rabbit hole really goes.

Oh wow I actually described it in a way that I'd like to learn more if I didn't already know the story FINALLY YAY GO ME! *shoe'd*

The Main Characters
All right, this is the part you've all been waiting for. These are the guys we'd like you to draw.

Ahnkeron Marjona

SPOILERX

Height: 231 cm/7'7"
Personality: Very quiet (he doesn't even speak until about half an hour into the game), friendly, and loyal to a fault. He often seems sad and brooding, but in reality he's usually pretty happy - just...quiet. He is also frequently assumed to be submissive - a "follower" - but in reality he is often the first to accept when something unpleasant is inevitable and takes charge of those situations without even giving it a second thought.
Story: Ahnkeron knows nothing of his past - only that he is and likely always has been very close to Varjingk. Everything else is a mystery. He woke up recently in a back alley, wearing only his necklace, and has been unable to recall a single event from before then. He is currently on a journey to try and regain his lost memory - and keep himself alive.
Notes: His necklace is this pendant - the gold one - on a string of rainbow moonstone and silver beads. His right forearm, as well as the obvious all-around scar, is also covered in fainter scratch and puncture scars. He also has a large scar on his upper back just below his neck - an irregular oval, about 7.5 cm (3") tall and 5 cm (2") wide. He typically wears light colors to keep contrast with his skin and hair to a minimum and keep him from looking sickly.

Varjingk Lassarian

SPOILERX

Height: 239 cm/7'10"
Personality: Energetic, excitable, and eager to help anyone he can. He's often viewed as being incapable of being serious, but the reality of this is that he simply chooses to express being serious in a less somber way than most. Good at improvising and a natural leader, and rarely lets anything get him down.
Story: Woke up in that same back alley with Ahnkeron, wearing only his necklace. At first he thought they had been very drunk the night before, but almost immediately realized that his memory loss extended far beyond just last night - in fact, he couldn't remember a single event from his past. Although he's concerned, he refuses to let that get him down and is sure that if he just keeps exploring the world, he'll remember his life eventually - and since he has no other choice, he's taking it rather well.
Notes: He has a lot of scars all over his body (shown in green here - intensity represents visibility; most of them are hardly visible at all and won't be seen except in close-ups if you're looking for them, but they're probably worth being aware of). He wears the companion piece to Ahnkeron's necklace, on a string of onyx and silver beads.

T'lea Marney

SPOILERX

Height: 234 cm/7'8"
Personality: Her maturity level fluctuates wildly - sometimes she acts her human age, other times she acts her dragon age. Although she's very kind once you get to know her, she's often wary of strangers to the point of seeming rude and even terrifying. She has some kleptomaniac tendencies, loves anything shiny, and has absolutely no tolerance for alcohol or most stimulant drugs - she's a grabby drunk; she loses all sense of other people's property.
Story: T'lea was created in the Trenzmorf Institute's super-soldier program - the first attempt at creating a hybrid of a dragon and a human to survive past human childhood. She was raised within the company and eventually graduated to military service at (human) age 25 - several officials wanted her there sooner, but her dragon half left her still physically too young. However, five years prior to the events of the ongoing story, a catastrophic attack on the Institute's base left many of its surviving projects questioning their cooperation with the company and the military it served. T'lea withdrew peacefully and opened up a restaurant and bar in partnership with Talika, and held little ill will toward them, though in recent events, she seems to be developing some resentment.
Notes: T'lea is flat-chested after her withdrawal from the military, but has breasts prior to that. The reason for this would, however, be a spoiler. So just know it's a thing. She is not in any way an actual mammal, but rather a large reptile of humanoid shape with a more developed brain than most reptiles - as such she slows down and may even fall asleep in the cold, and does not give off much body heat. Also, while this picture doesn't show it well, she's pretty bulky and muscular, especially in the legs and hips (her upper body is only slightly larger than average if average was scaled to fit a 234 cm frame).

Talika Lak'shei

SPOILERX

Height: 140 cm/4'7"
Personality: Kind, generous, quiet, and friendly, and a good example of the "beware the nice ones" trope. She cannot stand being taken advantage of, which makes it very difficult to anger her - she feels that if she has an emotional outburst, whoever is trying it has won...and instead chooses to beat them in other ways. In many ways, she often seems more like a spirit presence than a living person - her size, in comparison to the larger than average party, is certainly a factor in this illusion.
Story: Tali is the only known natural hybrid of a human and a mythical creature (an elf, in her case), though most are unaware of this just for being unaware that elves exist. Though her mother had lived very poor, her father used elvish magic as a means of keeping the family afloat, and taught it to her from the moment she was born. However, one day he was called away on elves' political business - and never returned. Since then, she's stepped up and taught herself various useful skills to help fill the gap as much as possible. She's lived a fairly normal human life since that time, and has recently opened up a restaurant with T'lea, though she can't shake some curiosity about her heritage - and what happened to her father.
Notes: She always wears a pendant similar to this (though the diamond at top is a single marquise cut stone rather than several small ones) on a two-tone gold (rose and yellow) herringbone chain, earrings similar to these, a single earring in her left ear similar to one of these chained to a gold filigree cuff, and a bracelet similar to a wrist-sized version of this. Most of these were gifts or things she found and never found the owner of. Her hair, though it didn't scan well, is about halfway between a gold blonde and a strawberry blonde.

Ami Selias

SPOILERX

Height: 167 cm/5'6"
Personality: Ambitious and optimistic, but calm and often regretful and keeps her history a carefully guarded secret - she claims it to be for everyone's safety.
Story: She won't talk much about her history, but what is known is that she seems to have past connections to the rest of the party. For now, she sticks around them and tries to help out wherever she can, typically handling the driving and doing stealth operations.
Notes: She, like Ahnkeron and Varjingk, has a notable scar on her upper back at her neck - a ~1 cm (1/2") vertical incision with small punctures from a recent single stitch. She also has small, puffy scars below and behind her ears, which are rarely noticed due to their placement (they usually look like just a part of her earlobes) but very visible IF you're looking for them and her hair isn't covering them up.

Iirlah Solanav

SPOILERX

Height: 193 cm/6'4"
Personality: Flirty, friendly, and slow to judge people but quick to get angry at actions - Iirlah likes to hear every side of every story. No one is really sure what species or gender ze is, and ze likes to keep it that way, simply because listening to people's speculation amuses hir. Iirlah also loves anything red and gold, as well as pearls and jade. Also, DO NOT threaten hir pet parakeet.
Story: Iirlah is a mysterious traveling musician, "adopted" by the Morenian military as a transport pilot and poster child. Where ze came from is unknown - ze just sort of appeared one day on the streets, playing the harp on a street corner for tips. Ze has known the entire party in the past, including Ahnkeron and Varjingk, but is very vague in discussing how or why, often teasing the two with vague references to past events, much to T'lea and Talika's concern. Iirlah is also very skilled at magic for unknown reasons, specifically fire and healing magic, and likes to use these abilities to help anyone ze can.
Notes: Iirlah never shows hir chest, ever - simply due to the fact that the human double-standard about doing so would make everyone assume a gender, and ze really strongly prefers keeping it a mystery. It's flat, though. Ze also always carries a lyre and is accompanied by a cool-colored parakeet who is usually found perched on hir shoulder or head when they're not moving.

Various outfits for all of them can be found here, or feel free to come up with your own. The ones pictured in these images are probably their skimpiest, in order to show more details of their bodies.

Relationships
I really hope I can get some couple and group art out of this request, and honestly it doesn't matter very much how you pair them off. They're all very close and most of them are, by the end of the story, romantically involved with one another in at least a minor way. The only pair who are NOT are Ami and Ahnkeron, though they're still very close friends and may behave in ways perceived as romantic just with no romantic intent behind them. Think bromance with opposite-sex partners.

In case their necklaces weren't a dead giveaway, Varjingk and Ahnkeron are a primary pair. And...they're about the only ones where the lines are that clear. For other reasons, they will rarely be apart for more than a few minutes at a time - it's actually kinda dangerous for them. Varjingk has congenital insensitivity to pain and Ahnkeron is the only one who really knows what to look out for with him, and Ahnkeron is compromised by separation as well for other reasons that are spoilery, so yeah, they're almost never apart. T'lea/Talika/Iirlah is...sort of a primary triad? Except Iirlah is extremely close to Ami as well, so I don't really know how to describe it. I for one really like seeing pictures of T'lea and Tali together, as well as Ahnkeron and Varjingk, but any combination is awesome.

None of this is actually all that important to the game, it's only sort of a minor story element, but I think they're all cute together, so.

Payment
Ah, yes, the other important part. Any gold I have on hand, unless I say I'm questing for something, is available as payment for art. I'm also willing to do art trades [samples here] or pay in items, though I don't have much.

At some point, when I have enough gold to do so, I may also have a contest - watch this spot!

Last edited by Stellar Delusion; 06-16-2013 at 08:13 AM..