LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 09-20-2017, 09:12 PM

Yeah, it's frustrating because he turns into a giant complainer when he's injured.
He can somewhat get around on his own, with his crutches, but he hates them - or so he loves to tell me.
He also hates taking pain meds, but I keep trying to tell him, that the pain meds will help him recover faster because he won't be putting his body through all the pain... not that he listens to me.

Complain complain complain. >.<

LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-24-2017, 05:48 PM

Oh, I have the pain med struggle with my husband all the time. Since we work in a benchtop company,
he is occasionally required to help with stone benchtop installations, which involve a lot of lifting. This, consequentially, sometimes causes severe back pain for him but he refuses to take pain- and anti-inflammatory medication because he claims that when he doesn't feel the pain with every movement, he is putting his body through more than it can handle. So, he'd rather suffer through the pain than take meds to help ease his condition. >.<

Men are such tools sometimes.

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 09-25-2017, 01:31 AM

I can understand that- but also, if you don't take the meds, you're putting your body under stress and hurting it more. Take the meds, take some time off and let your body recuperate.
Yeah, money would be tight, but we have enough saved up that we'd be fine!

We lost my dad a year ago yesterday -- boy that hit me so much harder than I expected it to.

LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-25-2017, 05:37 PM

That's precisely it, he doesn't want to take time off. He'd rather be at work and endure the pain than taking his meds and taking time off. >.<

He's one stubborn man.

I am truly very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 09-25-2017, 10:34 PM

I can totally get that -- but if he doesn't take the meds and doesn't give his body time to recuperate and start to feel a bit better, he'll end up hurting himself worse than he already is hurt. :(

[hugs] Thanks.

How've you been? Sorry I've not been around much.

LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-25-2017, 11:58 PM

I know that but reasoning with him about it is futile. xD

Not bad. That's okay, I haven't been around much either, I was house hunting for my family. I was super stressed last week.

Much calmer now that I have found a house and was accepted to rent it. Still fretting about what the hubby and the brother-in-law will say, as they have not seen it yet. I was the principal decision maker and I'm afraid that they will tell me that I chose poorly. >.<

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 09-26-2017, 12:12 AM

Well if that comes up - tell them that if they cared that much — they should have come with you.
I’m sure that the house you found is totally fine.

LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-26-2017, 12:19 AM

They couldn't, they were at work and couldn't get away for the viewing. I took my sister-in-law with me,
so the two of us saw it.

Not that we had much of a choice. Out of the three houses that we applied for, our application was only accepted for this one.
So tough luck. xD

I like the house, I think it's great. Much better than the windy townhouse we're living at now. ^_^

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 10-03-2017, 11:14 PM

Sorry I've barely been around - I've really been struggling. Meh.
Plus whenever I try to find me-time, something comes up and takes over my life.
>.<

Lillie: I hope that they'll like the house, have they had a chance yet to go and see it?

LillieRose
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-03-2017, 11:50 PM

That's okay Livi, it is only understandable.

How is your hubby doing?

Yep, my family likes the house, we moved part of our stuff in the garage there over the weekend. I am still so sore from scrubbing and cleaning the current house. >.<

I got to clean the kitchen, which I use the least out of all of us. >.<

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 10-04-2017, 02:38 PM

Take your time, Livi.
We understand if you're busy. :)

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 10-04-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillieRose View Post
That's okay Livi, it is only understandable.

How is your hubby doing?

Yep, my family likes the house, we moved part of our stuff in the garage there over the weekend. I am still so sore from scrubbing and cleaning the current house. >.<

I got to clean the kitchen, which I use the least out of all of us. >.<
He's doing okay - complaining about being in pain and struggling to get around, but all in all he's okay. Men turn into such big children when they're hurt. At least his cast isn't boring - the girls have been doodling all over it.

That's great that they like the house! That sounds exhausting, but soon it'll all be behind y'all! When do y'all officially move in over there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava The Vampire View Post
Take your time, Livi.
We understand if you're busy. :)
I just feel bad for disappearing for weeks on end. How've you been hon?

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 11-10-2017, 01:24 AM

Time to try to revive this thread which managed to die... oops!

How's everyone's month been so far?

Kory

Old 11-10-2017, 01:31 AM

Hi Livi

My month has been... eh.
Thus far it's felt pretty shitty. We still haven't sold our house, the meds I was taking was making my "symptoms" worse, I feel like I don't have anything to look forward to anymore. My days just seem to be a cycle of wake up, eat, sleep... wake up, eat, sleep... repeat, repeat, repeat.

I don't feel like I have a purpose anymore and it's killing me.

How has your month been, thus far?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-10-2017, 01:52 AM

I quit taking my iron supplements and I've been dragging my butt load of the ground

I hope things get better for you Ava

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 11-10-2017, 07:24 PM

I'm sorry that your month so far has been bad Ava! Have you ever tried to find a purpose yourself, trial and error -- sometimes one had to put themselves out there, instead of waiting for whatever to come to you. Take action! Find something that you can use to look forward to. Sometimes we have to take our lives into our own hands and go searching for whatever that thing that keeps us going is. Hopefully your house sells soon!

*hugs for both you and hummy*
Hummy, maybe it'd be a good idea to start taking it again?

My month so far .... has been a lot of blah. The kids are doing great, hubby got the okay to walk on his leg, with a walking boot - so he's a bit more mobile than he has been for the last 7 weeks -- so that's good, but my depression is kicking my butt. :( Doesn't help that it's November and we're fast approaching the anniversary of a date I wish to forget. :(

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-10-2017, 10:43 PM

Yeah she gave me something to balance out the iron and hopefully that will make it easier to take. I am really awful about taking medicine.
I know you wish to forget it but you never will and I have seen you grow Leaps and Bounds. He would be very proud of you. Big hug little mama

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 11-11-2017, 08:52 AM

Oh I’m totally the same way with remembering to take meds.
You can do it though! Hopefully it helps!!

It’s a date that changed my life forever.
I really do hope I’m making him proud.
I really wish he could be here.
I miss him so much. T_T

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-12-2017, 12:14 AM

I have to admit I wonder if he would have a family now and maybe have a set of twins as well. You guys would have great families visits together. But I'm sure he's watching over you, loving you, and is extremely proud of the fantastic woman, mother, and wife that you have become.

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 11-12-2017, 05:49 PM

Oh I wonder that quite often too - where would he be if the accident hadn't have happened? So many "what ifs". :(
Would he have followed through with his plan to go through medical school and join Doctors without Borders? I know when he passed that was his current goal that he had been focusing towards.

Thanks hummy. That really means a lot to hear that.

Kory

Old 11-17-2017, 11:23 PM

My mom called me while I was in the hospital to tell me that we have two people who really want to buy our house, one wants to buy it with cash, so that means that we'll be out of here, hopefully by February if all goes well,
This also means that we might actually get the full asking price for our house since two different families want it really badly and (are hopefully?) willing to barter for it.

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 11-18-2017, 06:14 AM

Oh awesome! That's great news! Hopefully things work out and that you'll finally be able to sell your house!

Do you have a house set up and ready to go for you once you move or does that have to be figured out too?

Kory

Old 11-19-2017, 07:09 PM

We have a place out there that we really like, that we are in near-constant contact with the landlord and building manager and they are always updating us on when there is an apartment available for us.

Right now, there is one available and we are looking to hold it once our house is sold. Which, will be soon. There are two families who are trying to out-bid each other for our house and one family wants to pay cash, they are bringing a contractor today!

So if all goes well, our house should be sold this month, the house will close in two months and then we'll be out in California by the first of February!

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 11-19-2017, 08:05 PM

That's good! Hopefully things work out as smoothly as possible.

Sorry this isn't longer - I'm really struggling badly right now.
Yesterday was a lot rougher than I thought it would be. :(
I just didn't want you to think that I was ignoring you.

Kory

Old 11-22-2017, 03:11 PM

That's alright, Livi. :)
I don't mind if you don't respond right away, I don't feel ignored. :D