Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:04 PM

In truth, I actually started reading it last Sunday. When I saw Breaking Dawn Part 1, I saw the preview for the Hunger Games movie and I was interested. So I bought the book and read it. My friend (who HATES reading with a passion) actually read it and told me to read it. So I did. I usually finis a book in two weeks, but I finished this one in one week. Now, I'm finally starting on Catching Fire. I cannot wait, whatsoever, for the movie. My body just isn't ready for this. :lol:

Nonsensical
Keeper of Keeps

Old 02-14-2012, 12:38 AM

When I first heard about The Hunger Grames I got the impression that it was based in an army camp or something, and a group of soldiers started participating in these morbid underground games. Of course the books aren't like that, so I was completely taken aback when I started them. I enjoyed the first book, but I think I actually liked the second book better. As for Team Peeta VS Team Gale... I liked Cinna. o________o Buuuuuuut~ Imma have to go with Team Peeta. Gale is amazing, but I don't see it happening.

YuenGuon
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to YuenGuon

Old 02-14-2012, 03:37 AM

I'm still reading Catching Fire right now :X

On another note, has anyone heard Taylor Swift's song she wrote for the movie? Or seen the video? They both complement the mood of the movie and it definitely goes with the book's angle.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:14 AM

YuenGuon:

I'm still reading Catching Fire too! Today, I just bought Mockingjay to read Sunday to bring with me while I Gallery Sit for my local mall's art gallery. I've been crying so much during that book!

And I've heard the song. Been listening to it since it showed up on Tumblr. I was so excited to find she made a music video of Safe & Sound. Love that song so much...just so beautiful.

Bronia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-20-2012, 02:59 AM

I loved the first book, but I was really disappointed in the second book when {SPOILERS} They went back to the games. I felt like since it had already been done in the first book they were just rehashing old ideas. And then Gale's character got totally bombed (pun intended) throughout the series. I started out like him, but by the end I wanted to punch him. {NO MORE SPOILERS}

It was an amazing series though. I read it for my community's teen book club last year, and now we're discussing going as a group to see the movie.

Exie

Old 02-21-2012, 06:30 PM

I really loved the first two, grew tired of the third. I'm soooo excited for the movie to come out, I have it marked on my calendar.

Akabane
Orin
Send a message via Yahoo to Akabane

Old 02-29-2012, 12:21 AM

I've read it! And, guess what! My school's book club is giving is an opportunity to see the opening preview in March for $10 and it includes dinner at Olive Garden! Kyaa!!

Last edited by Seridano; 12-29-2013 at 05:01 AM..

Whimzica
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Whimzica

Old 03-05-2012, 12:13 AM

Picked this up the other day, mostly to see why everyone is so fascinated by it-
and then I was up until 4am reading it.. Started the 2nd one today.

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)
Send a message via MSN to .Simplicity.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:43 AM

An amazing series - I finished the first book in less than a day. I forced myself to read the other two slower than that so I could fully enjoy them. @@

Can't wait to see the movie though! Definitely wish I could go the 23, but I have a retreat to attend. :( At least by the time I see it all the loud people will be gone hopefully. :)

Aganab
Butt

Old 03-08-2012, 05:53 AM

I started reading the first book, because a friend of mine was absolutely crazy about it. I've just finished it, and I've just as crazy about it as my friend, even though I haven't even read the second book yet. I'm afraid I won't be able to for a while, unless I get the money to it, since the books are borrowed out in both my school and local library. Still, I can't wait to.
I wanted to get my best friend to read it, but he read a short part of it, a particularly bloody one, and has refused to. His loss, I guess, but now I'm out of birthday present ideas. Couldn't he wait until after his birthday to tell me he hates it?
I'll definitely go to see the movie when it comes out. The posters are quite awesome, especially the one with the flaming pin.

Skaudie
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2012, 01:36 AM

I get really emotionally involved with the book. I just finished Hunger Games, and I am in the midst of Catching Fire (that sounds funny). I can feel the anxiety of the characters; not because the writing is so good (though it is pretty good) but because I can totally see something like that happening with the government a few years from now with the rate things are going.

Overatedsmileyface
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM

Ive read them all and loved them except the last one as it got slow and sappy thought the first is a great read and I couldn't put it down for hours!!! And the movie is coming out in A couple of days YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

Rukia Kuchiki-
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Rukia Kuchiki-

Old 03-28-2012, 05:30 AM

Read the books and just saw the movie (midnight showing a few days ago). The movie was very true to the book!

La Tua Cantante
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-03-2012, 12:48 AM

I just bought it cause all my friends were saying they loved it. I got sick though so I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet. Guess I need to go upstairs and open it up!

WhiteDarkness
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to WhiteDarkness Send a message via MSN to WhiteDarkness Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteDarkness

Old 05-04-2012, 04:08 AM

Loooooooooove it

Blue Rebel

Old 06-28-2012, 01:45 PM

HUNGER GAMES, DA BEST BOOK!!! Loll

Aganab
Butt

Old 07-07-2012, 03:43 AM

I finished reading the last book a few days ago, and frankly I hate it, especially the ending. The beginning is okay, but later it gets really boring and later some parts of the book are just pointless and also pointlessly sad. I am a giant fan of the first two books, but in my opinion Mockingjay was a really disappointing end of the series. I really hate it when books are like that - really good, except their ending.

ainebella
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to ainebella

Old 07-08-2012, 06:23 PM

I read it, I finished the series in a week (which for me is a record). I love the books, when I was reading it I was thinking how some of the plot lines were honestly part of our own world history. Now I treat all my books with care but with Mockingjay I latterly threw the book at the wall at the end, I was so mad with the writer, how dare she do that to one of my favorite characters! But then I remember that they were in a war and this dose happen but it still makes me mad. I was kinda disappointed with the ending to the series but in a way I felt it was needed.

QueenFool
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-18-2012, 03:14 AM

I really loved the first book, and I loved the second, but only liked the third.

Also, I almost threw Mockingjay too.

kadensunstar
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-09-2012, 08:43 PM

I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the series. I loved the first one and I am excited to get into the other one's. The Hunger Games world is so strange yet so familiar, it's makes you think of the fate or our own world and the possibility that something crazy like this is possible in our own world.

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 09-10-2012, 04:48 AM

Clock loved the series, but was very very very disappointed with the ending of Mockingjay.
Clock was only slightly disappointed with the movie,
Clock felt they messed up so important things.

kadensunstar
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-10-2012, 11:48 PM

What does Clock not like about the movie? What do you feel they left out of the movie that was important in the book?

Lucky_Girl22
~Perfectly Imperfect~

Old 09-13-2012, 08:29 AM

I loved the series more then I loved the Twilight series and that's saying something lol I just think the author did such an amazing job with the story line & everything. I watched the movie and i have to say in my personal opinion its pretty close to the book & you see that very often. I think its the best series since H.P finished :)

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 09-17-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadensunstar View Post
What does Clock not like about the movie? What do you feel they left out of the movie that was important in the book?
Clock doesn't like how they dealt with the giving/receiving of the mockingjay pin for Katniss. Clock feels like there was so much more significance to it in the book. Clock was happy with book to movie. It's one of the best ones she has seen.

haku_yowane
*^_^*
Banned

Old 09-24-2012, 12:25 AM

May the odds forever be in your favour