Ashteacup

Old 07-19-2013, 12:11 AM

Usually 2 or 3. Right now im reading one graphic novel of a book i already read and two books in different genres so there's no worry of me mixing them up.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 08-01-2013, 01:53 AM

Usually I don't go past 7 at a time because I tend to get lost as to whats happening in each one. But I read so fast that I have to have at least 7 around me or I run out of books.

Seung Mi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-27-2013, 02:14 PM

It depends on how many new books I have and how thick they are. :D Maybe as little as one or as many as six or seven depending on my weekly book haul. I tend to just sit down with a pile of new books and just go on reading until my eyes hurt. I'd say on average, three to four 400-500-page books a day if they were available.

Mathonwy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-31-2013, 02:39 PM

I've been known to read five books at a time because I visit the library every couple of weeks and usually take out five books to read. Instead of reading them all in a row I tend to start them all within the first few days. Some people think it's weird but I've always done it. I can't imagine sitting down and finishing a single book without changing it up.

Occasionally I find one book that's interesting enough to read straight through. I was on vacation last week and I only brought two of my books from the library and I read through each of them in succession, so it's definitely possible.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 09-02-2013, 02:10 PM

Just one, usually. The only exceptions are if i'm reading an old 'childrens' favourite alongside something else. I find it too hard to focus on all of the characters and plots if i try too many things at once...I enjoy throwing myself into one story at a time more.

KittyCat18
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-03-2013, 12:35 AM

I can only read one book at a time. If I try and read two, one book is going to drop. Unless it's an manga! If it's manga, then I can go back and forth without a problem, but I'm assuming this topic is souly about books; not comics :P

Shadowdrake

Old 09-03-2013, 02:53 AM

I read one book at a time, but since I can go through them fairly quickly I usually read two or three big ones in a few days.

My Precious
Spring onions..
Banned

Old 09-21-2013, 02:44 PM

Uh.. currently i have let's see.. The Hobbit, Curse of Kings, Etiquette & Espionage, Shot, Alex Rider: Snakehead, A Hero for Wondla. The only thing that matters is whether i have a book to keep the flow going, or not.

Brief Candles

Old 10-01-2013, 04:57 AM

It depends on the kind of books I am reading and why I am reading them.
With any sort of biography, memoir, or novel, I will try to only read one at a time or else I will mix the stories together, making for some rather odd story about a famous person fighting a dragon or something like that (could make some interesting fanfic).
For non-fiction besides biographies and memoirs, I can usually read as many books as I want, although I usually read these out of order.

Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shi...

Old 10-04-2013, 03:16 AM

I try and stick with one book. Rarely, if I find myself getting into another book by accident when I'm in the middle of another one, I'll basically be taking turns reading two books at once. But like I said, rarely. I feel like I'm rushing myself if I read more than one book at a time. I never really get the chance to buy new books often, so I try to pace myself until I buy a new book to put to my reading list.

Bire
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-12-2013, 07:10 PM

I normally read only two books at a time, but I still confuse the story with another book I've read from the past or the other book I would be reading. I do mix up the genres so that I don't mix the stories up, but when they are both the same, I normally read fantasy more than any other. The most I've ever read is three at a time.

Celes
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-21-2013, 01:10 AM

Depends. If it's fiction I can really only read one at a time. Otherwise I get confused. When I read I have to visualize everything.
But if I'm just reading non-fiction it doesn't really matter. Then I can read two or three at a time.

Exaggerated Rebellion
The Best Bounced Check

Old 10-21-2013, 02:11 AM

I try to keep myself limited to one book at a time. I might read two if it's a fiction and a non-fiction/self help book, but anything other than that, I always end up getting the stories confused with one another. That, or I'll get so invested in one, I'll forget about finishing the other.

The most I've read at once is probably three, if books assigned for school count. If not, two.

Mandy-Lexi
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-25-2013, 11:12 PM

I think the most I've read at once was 3, but I prefer to only read one. Sometimes I read two at a time depending on what I'm reading them for.

Midorikawa
Um....................... .........

Old 12-29-2013, 02:22 PM

Its usually just whatever I feel like reading at that time. Normally about two but right now practically one since I lost my bookmark in my other.

noirist
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-30-2013, 03:34 PM

I like to read just the 1 book at a time to really put all my concentration into it.

It's important if it's one of my Agatha Christie murder mysteries! I've only got the brain power for one storyline and all its characters!

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 01-25-2014, 06:04 PM

I like reading a load of stuff from bits here and there - some books I keep in hiatus for even an year o.0 I love reading around 5-6 books at one time - you get a jumbled, confused, twisted story in your dreams and that's like... AMAZING! XD

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-27-2014, 03:26 AM

I'm another 'it depends' person. I don't count school books as 'reading' as I tend to read what I need to for the class and that's about it. Other than that, it's mostly one book at a time, though right now I'm reading a book about Disney magic and I was also reading the second World of Warcraft book. At least, I was reading those until I spilled water on the WoW book and cosplay got in the way.

Oh, I also read a lot of manga online, if that counts at all... I have at least 20 of them bookmarked so I can read new chapters as they're released.

pink flamingo
ϵ( ‘Θ’ )϶
Penpal

Old 01-28-2014, 02:43 PM

I usually only read one book at a time, sometimes two. I go through books quite quickly so I usually prefer to finish one book before moving on to something else.

StarDustDreamer
Bathed in Beautiful cinders!

Old 01-29-2014, 06:28 AM

Novel wise, if I'm reading more than one, it never gets to more than three. Now, manga is a different story. I read up to ten different series' at once!