Shiverpass
"Wear your heart on your cheek."

Old 01-09-2013, 07:22 AM

I was talking to some of my friends and we kinda went all nerd-out and had a deep discussion about the books we'd want to see become a movie.

What books have you read that you'd love to see become a movie?

For me, there's a lot of books I'd wish to become a movie.

The House of Night Series by P.C. and Kristen Cast, Just Listen by Sarah Dessen, Waiting For You by Susane Colosanti, Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, Unearthly by Cinthia Hand, Scribbler of Dreams by Mary E. Pearson, The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer, All-American Girl by Meg Cabot, Entwined by Heather Dixon, Jane by April Lindner....

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 01-10-2013, 02:11 AM

Anything by Christine Feehan or Sherrilyn Kenyon.

I'd actually love to see more of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicals become books.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 11-03-2014 at 02:12 AM.. Reason: Ghost Hunt Game

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-12-2013, 06:47 AM

I've always wanted to see Tamora Pierce's "Song of the Lioness" quartet as a movie, but I'm re-reading "Ship of Magic" by Robin Hobb at the moment, and argh! I just need to see these ships in CGI. Also, I would love to see how they portrayed Amber.
Major book spoilers below:

SPOILERX

Especially seeing that she's technically a male, who takes the persona of a woman for the purpose of this series, and obviously they would have to do the other trilogies as well, so that secret would be spilled at some point.

Hmm, maybe a TV series, considering all the backstory needed.

chronic_heartbreak14
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-12-2013, 11:39 PM

I think Cut by Meg Cabot would make a good movie, along with The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson... The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (which i think is actually being made into one, yay), and my very favorite, the entirety of the Bloody Jack series. it is terrific and it would be at least 10 movies (so far, its still incomplete) if they don't combine some of the books. Thats a huge amount of coin they could make ;D

sam-deanwinchester
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-18-2013, 04:09 PM

i would like to see Guardians of the moon-Malazan book of the fallen from Steven Erikson.

Ever_After
All shall come to a happy end

Old 01-19-2013, 04:32 AM

I think they made like a lifetime movie of Cut a while back. Eiher that or I visualized that book way to much.

I'd love to see a movie of The Giver by Lois Lowry or The Hunchback of Notre-Dame but the one by Victor Hugo. And though it's not a book the Umbrella Academy comics would make a very visually awesome movie.

InsaneArtisticNerd
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-20-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiverpass View Post

The House of Night Series by P.C. and Kristen Cast
That series was horrible.

The Two Pearls of Wisdom would make a fantastic movie.

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 02-06-2013, 03:27 PM

i would love to see The Last Vampire books by Christopher Pike to turn into a movie... ofcouse it would be more than one movie but it would be a hell more amazing than the twilight one's... those are fake vampires :D

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 AM

The Foundation Trilogy I think would make a good movie :D

Mikio
(・ω・)

Old 02-24-2013, 02:32 PM

The Demonata Saga by Darren Shan.

Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant has made it as a movie, why not Demonata?
Even a TV series would be cool.
*sad faise*

Last edited by Mikio; 02-24-2013 at 02:36 PM..

AGhost
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-02-2013, 02:34 PM

The Outlander Series, by Diana Gabaldon. It's been in "pre-production" forever, and it drives me bonkers.

rebeccarave
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-03-2013, 05:01 AM

I think they should make House of Night a TV show instead of a movie. There's a loooooot of stuff that would get overlooked if they tried to just go for movies. Also, that would be a huge franchise, without quite the following something like Harry Potter or Twilight had, with more movies.

Kiba_Ryuun
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-15-2013, 02:24 AM

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchet-- but only if it's made with them as script writers as well. I've seen too many movie versions of books massacre the content, to the point that the authors would denounce the film.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 03-17-2013, 06:15 AM

Oh my gosh. Crowley and Aziphrale on the big screen. That would be excellent.

chellybean1985
*^_^*

Old 03-22-2013, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneArtisticNerd View Post
That series was horrible.

The Two Pearls of Wisdom would make a fantastic movie.
I actually really liked that series I am a couple books in and I think that it has a very interesting concept with very interesting characters I was very involved with it and loved the fact that each side character could possiable have a book all about them and it would still be good for example "Dragon's Oath" and I think that a book about Lenobia would be very interesting to read I would sure buy it.

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-27-2013, 12:17 AM

I know there is a series already for it...but I watched a few episodes, and I was VERY disappointed with how they turned out, The Sword of Truth Series(show is called Legend of the Seeker, VERY roughly based on the series of books by Terry Goodkind). If they could do that really well, I would be happy. Another series I would LOVE to see made into a movie, or series which is more likely since it is 14 books long, is The Wheel of Time. Even though they would have to do a whole ton of parts with only facial focus(due to the very adult way those parts are written...its just nudity...but still, for TV?), it could still be done very well.

The final series that I think could be done very well as a movie, is the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. Lots of stuff that would be awesome to see on TV in there, especially how they would shoot each characters specific talents/personalities.

KelseyShroom
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-18-2013, 08:13 AM

I would love love love to see Frank Beddor's Alice in Wonderland adaption be made into the movie. If it was made well and with a almost perfect cast I would scream in excitement ( not that I don't do that every time a book i love gets made into a movie). I would really love also for them to remake Christopher Paolini's Eragon series into a TV show maybe a season per book would be awesome.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-20-2013, 01:07 AM

Omg, Kelsey, yes! Through the looking glass, right? Fucken great book.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 04-23-2013, 07:57 PM

The Uglies series.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 04-24-2013, 07:15 AM

The Farseer and Tawny Man Trilogies by Robin Hobb, and The Kingkiller Chronicle's by Patrick Rothfuss. Having said that, i'd be so annoyed if they made a mess of them. I'd like to see Good Omens too, American Gods, the Blackveil series, and Rachel Vincent's 'Stray' series...Not sure if that's its official name or not, but i think it would be suited to T.V more than film.

I'd also like to see somebody else do Life of Pi. I was full of expectation for that film but turned out really disliking how they cut so much of the stuff i wanted to see addressed out in favour of a fabricated romance arc.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-28-2013, 01:48 AM

I would love to see Guardians of Childhood done. Rise of the Guardians was a brilliant movie but I would love for something that followed the books a little closer. (Well mostly cause I want to see Nightlight...)

It might work better as a tv series though. Rise of the Guardians worked well as a movie because they didn't touch up on all the backstory of the books. And the series is currently up to 3 books, 2 picture books and forth book being released later this year.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-28-2013, 03:57 AM

I never realised that was even based on a book.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-28-2013, 07:17 AM

It's actually better to think Rise of the Guardians is solely independent. (Then it doesn't come across as a bad adaptation. Kinda like how I treat The Lorax...). The premises is the same but the two (the movie and books) go in completely different options.

The book series is more like how they came to be so far at least. Jack Frost isn't even in the series (yet if rumors are correct).

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-28-2013, 09:51 AM

Oh, okay then, that makes sense.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-28-2013, 06:29 PM

*nods* Uh huh. Though now I'm gonna make a thread about the book series. I haven't been passionate about a book series for a long time. (Well I don't read as often as I would like so that's probably why too)