Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 09-01-2013, 03:27 PM

Stopping dead in her tracks, Kevlyn slowly turned around to face Winchester with a raised eyebrow. "But I thought you wanted to leave? This might be your only chance." She took a step forward and started to reach out a hand to clasp his upper arm but second guessed herself and put her hand down. She looked him straight in the eyes instead, sighed and said, "I cannot ask you to do that. You don't own me anything and they are my family, thus my problem, but I'd be lying if I said the help wouldn't be welcomed. I'm not that stubborn." Kevlyn took a step back, smiled sheepishly and averted her eyes to the wall and absentmindedly adjusted a frame that was slightly askew to give Winchester a moment to think with out pressure.

She just met him, but it seemed out of his character to offer help and Kevlyn didn't want to discourage him for offering. In reality, two people looking for her family was better than one, but where did they go? Where to begin looking? What if they had fallen down the chasm? She'd never know. Furrowing her brows Kevlyn tried to think of more pleasant outcome. Perhaps they were outside the city gates. She had never been out there and wondered if Winchester had.

Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 09-01-2013, 03:49 PM

His heart nearly skipped a beat when she almost touched him, and he froze, just staring at her. His mouth opened to reply, but nothing came out. What was happening to him? After a moment he managed to close his eyes and take a deep breath, wondering if he should stay, like she said, it might be his only chance. Yet he found himself quite tired of being so boring, living like he did, an outsider to the world while entirely surrounded by it. He had no family to return to, no friends, just himself. So why should he run off to that when she needed help finding her family?

He was quiet for a moment while he wondered what that would be like, to have a family. Okay, that wasn't helping. He looked over at her, straightening his back, trying to seem confident. "I'll stay and help." He managed, with a small nod. And a hope that he didn't entirely slow her down, which would be awful. "Where should we start?" Though he mind wondered how he would manage to help her when her nearly touching him made him freeze up, and he was a mess at conversation.