Cheshire Cat
Tac Erihsehc

Old 05-30-2007, 09:32 PM

The Cheshire Cat swept in behind the group of people unnoticed by the guards. When it was inside, the cat jumped on Calcephony's shoulder. The cat's oddly light frame hardly constituted any weight. Nevertheless it shrank in size a little to more easily fit. The Cheshire Cat whispered into her ear. "marvelous, isn't it? I've actually been in here a few times before, it is hard for Cheshire to get into the palace. Despite its appearances, it's very magically fortified. I suppose shiny is a good word for it. Back in Cheshire's native land there was a man very good at linguistics. Sadly he was an egg. Yes, that was a very mad world Cheshire lived in those days. It's rather famous though, stories have been written about it." The cat looked about same as it's always been, the floor's a new touch though...

((for future reference, whenever Cheshire puts something in italics, it means that what you read are Cheshire's thoughts, not what Cheshire says.))

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 05-31-2007, 01:52 AM

The few steps into the forest cooled her down, her legs seemed to respond better and she could walk without stumbling. Kallisandra’s eye adjusted to the gloom of the forest and she swept across the distinctive paths made by animals. A glimpse of bright red caught her eye, a woman dressed in what she assumed to be a costume ran at her calling out.

Kallisandra’s hand dropped back to her waist and pulled up the sword, unable to understand the language of the other girl she was scared and felt threatened. This was not her home, she knew nothing of the land nor the language of the people. She did not know what this woman wanted with her.

The mage offered up a small pea, carefully, in sort of a diplomatic way. Kallisandra was used to foreign diplomacies and if this woman was offering her something than perhaps this was a welcoming invite to this strange land. She put away her sword and knelt down to be on the same level as the girl with the red wings, and took the offered pea. She examined it and smiled, she didn’t know what it was or what to do with it, so she gave it back.

purplejesseh
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-31-2007, 04:17 AM

• While following the mage and the human, she saw them approach another figure, whom she thought was wearing strange clothing. Her skin also tanned and had strange markings. "3 discoveries in a day! Amazing!" She recorded the new creature in her book and continued to hide amongst the forest trees. As they began to reach the city she was finding it harder to stay hidden. The cat definitely attracted attention from the villagers, something she wanted to avoid.

She stared at the palace when they reached the city. A young boy popped out shouting, "HEY!!! stop following people!! It's not nice to follow people!" Aura jumped back from the surprise. She was too interested in the people and the castle to notice the boy staring at her. "Little boy, you should scare people like that, you also shouldn't scream too loud." She looked back at the castle, knowing she wouldn't be able to get anyways, and should probably leave.

Tet Anon
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Tet Anon

Old 06-01-2007, 01:53 AM

(( ok, i tried to wait for the other characters that i have to respond to, and it's been a while, but i'll move on and they can catch up when they return so that noone else has to wait for them. ))

"Yes," Nahkiga began to respond "The people are very ...Unpleased... about the prince being a half-breed. There is already little trust for him so we do what we can to make sure there is nothing that tarnishes the princes' reputation in order to maintain the people's favor for him. If he where to act against law himself the people would rebel against him and it is possible that they may attempt acts of treason in assassinating the prince. The people of Ashiro believe it is bad luck for a half-breed to rule over them yet that has not been proven as of yet. The people at times lack trust in me as well because of my birth." he stated quietly.

Nahkiga waited breifly as Calcephony gave the new woman the orb and waited before she would take it. Watching as she admired the new girl's skin color and awaited for that girl to begin to walk with them. When Calcephony took Iris by the wrist and lead her on Nahkiga had continued his path towards the palace. "Indeed, the palace is meant to keep those of impurity out of it's walls. Those of the darkness that is. They cannot stand the brighteness of the palace and more likely than not turn away from it. " he explained.

"Do not be nervous. I assure you the king and queen will bring no harm to you if you cast no harm upon them." he stated quietly as he stood before the girls. Nahkiga was aware that the cheshire cat had followed them in. As where the guards. However, he would be over looked as long as he laid no trouble to the palace or the people within. The magic of the palace swam through every inch of it .One could feel the power of the ruler through the palace's energy. If the ruler was ill the castle's magic would fade, but the castle's magic was high.

Meanwhile :

The fire mage shook her head in a panic when the girl gave it back "oh no no no n o! eat it eat it like this " she started to demonstrate but stopped before she put it in her mouth. She pointed to it then to the woman's mouth trying to get Kalliandra to understand her meaning. Arianna's wings fluttered in frustration as she offered the orb again and gave out a soft breath with a pleading look upon her face.

Arianna looked the woman over then shook her head a little as she picked up a stick. Summoning a small pile of sand. Drawing a picture of a person eating the orb then pointing to her and the orb once more. hoping that the woman would understand this time. She knelt down sitting on her knees trying her best to show that she was not going to harm the woman.

Back at the palace:

The boy gave a cute bit of laughter in the most child like of ways "Are you here for the festival!?" he asked so loudly again. "But speaking loudly is how i get heard! Otherwise adult people like you walk right by me and don't even see me!" he stated with a cute laugh then pausing as he looked towards the castle and the people she was watching enter the place "ohhh! what a tall mage! " he shouted "oh and look! what funny looking girls! Why are you staring at them? Do you you likeeee themm? ~ " he asked childishly.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 06-01-2007, 05:27 PM

Kalisandra watched as the girl tried to explain the use of the orb. Her yelling was amusing, again because Kali did not understand it. The use of both play acting and the pictograms drawn on the ground made the message perfectly clear.

Kalisandra took the small orb and popped it into her mouth and swallowed. It went down but it was like taking a pill dry, it kept sticking to her throat, but eventually it went down. The effects began to take place immediately, her head was swimming and her ears popped even with a lack of altitude change. It felt like a black out was imminent, and Kali braced herself for such. She looked up at the girl, and smiled weakly, then fell over softly to the cool ground.

A small dream sequence floated by, the angry bird from that strange room returned. It stood tall and looked over lands unknown, it’s black crown of feathers ruffled up and it took off down into a valley. It flew into small village with dark, seemingly burnt roofs, and landed in the main road. Kalisandra woke to the mage peering at her, red wings ruffled a bit.

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-02-2007, 12:54 PM

boooooorrrrriiiiiinnnnnnggggg........no wait...BORING...all capitals.
The hood on Fable's cloak was more than enough to keep the bright sun off his head...and his ears. With a heft he tested the weight of his payment.
"You're short three gold peices." He said bored, inwardly laughing at the beads of sweat that rolled down his previous employer's face.
"O-oh o-of course Fable." The rest of the payment was quickly exchanged. He HATED doing business in the city, but he supposed to their credit, that his clients would rather have a bit of security knowing that in Ashiro, Fable couldn't get away with murder if he decided to collect what they had failed to pay. He smiled as the three men hustled off into the city crowds escaping his golden unnerving stare, he started to turn but he felt his ears twitch as he caught the last of a converstation.
"--that him?"
"Stop staring!! He'll see you!!"
"Oh he's handsome.."
"And deadly, you know that's the Mercenary--"

Ignore. With a sour face Fable ducked into the mass of people and then found refuge in a doorway. He unstrapped his short swords from his back and replaced them on his side, he was away from any percived danger...real or imagined and he had no reason to keep them out in the open any longer. He pushed his hood back away from a pale face, revealing long Raven hair and scratched behind one of his pointed ears.
That's the Mercenary Fable The Outcast He groaned only guessing what continued after that. His eyes widened and he shook his hands in front of him in mock fear.
OO...Fable the Outcast...thcary.....
He hadn't wanted to be an outcast...but his species seemed more interested in frivolity and beauty than in fighting and the world that they lived in. Most of his people, if he dared to call them that, seemed all to willing to shut themselves off from the world and live in ignorance and bliss.
Keh, He thought ruefully.
Let the fools drown in their stupidity then. It's not like I'd care. He tugged on the single string that tied his bag of blood money closed and let top fall open to reveal the shiny golden peices that spilled out into his palm.
I've got all I'll ever need right here. Yes dearies, this is what becomes of a pessimistic Wood Elf when he takes up the art of the sword, and the mantle of armor, tempered steel and mail take the place of leather and bows, spilled blood and the stench of war take the place of flowers and greenery. The mind turns from living in conjunction with nature, to trying to scratch a living doing what others will not. Gold his only friend for all others have shunned his way of living. Yes, Fable the Outcast he was, and Fable the Outcast he would remain...until something better came along.

purplejesseh
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-02-2007, 04:34 PM

• "Shhh!" Aura put her finger over her mouth, trying to make the boy speak softer. She saw a few people staring as she tried to hide her faerie wings to blend in. Oh why did her wings have to be so bright and big? "Do I look like an adult? Uhm, sure, I'm here for the festival! When does it start?" She didn't know there was a festival that would soon be held. She had only come to this city once or twice, and never participated in a festival.

She looked around for the mage and the human girls but they were nowhere to be seen. "I er, wasn't looking at them. I was just looking for a friend.... yes, a friend." She couldn't think of any other excuse, but hopefully the child would believe it and stop talking so loudly. At this point there were less people staring. Aura simply smiled at anyone looking at her, trying to make it seem less dramatic.

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-02-2007, 06:44 PM

Blast it all and back again, why did the city have to be so crowded. Fable ducked around people and tried his hardest not to hit anyone with the back of his fist as he waded through the sea of bodies....alright so maybe he could have tried a bit harder..but there was no time for regrets. He had to get out of the city and fast, there was more work to be done, more places to explore and certainly more reasons than not, NOT to stay here. He found number 59 and 60 as he finally shoved apart an amorus couple that he'd been stuck behind for well over half and hour.

Fable sized the two up.
Girl doesn't look too old... He snorted to himself.
Probably got herself into trouble talking to a kid like that...geeze he's loud...needs a muzzle that's for SURE. Fable started to walk away when he found his path bllocked again, this time by an old man. He cursed his rotten luck and then twice more as he found the only route out of the city......lead right past reasons 59 and 60.
I hate you Fate... He thought as he jerked his hood back over his face and tried to be as nonchalant as he could when he passed them.

Rin Namami
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Rin Namami

Old 06-02-2007, 08:52 PM

Nervous? Who said I was nervous? Calcephony thought to herself and grabbed her elbows, her head still tilted downwards some-what. When the Cheshire Cat jumped on her shoulder, she noticed it not at all until it whispered in her ear. She almost jumped out of her skin, but managed to keep herself planted firmly to the ground, when it spoke. “An egg? But, egg’s do not talk,” she mumbled back to the Cheshire Cat, and then quieted again to let it continue.

At the mention of its world being written in stories, Calcephony’s mind began to think, the gears moving slowly but surely. It was the perfect hint as to how Calcephony knew the Cheshire Cat. I think I know now, she decided on an answer, but kept quiet.

Calcephony opened her mouth to speak, but shut it enough to have a small, dazed look. She seemed to be looking passed the center throne – the King’s more than likely – as if she had seen something fly by there. It must have been the feeling of the magic flowing throughout the castle, and being not from this world, her body was not used to the new sensations. Maybe a night’s rest in this world will allow me to adjust, but, she shook her head, I’m going to find a way home after apologizing to His Majesty for not obliging to help.

With her gaze falling to the floor again, she caught sight of her feet. Her Chuck Taylors were still on, and would more than likely stick out. Better cover them up, she thought. She lifted the hem of her robes a bit and covered her shoes, but the white tips peeked through. Er, I’m afraid to go bare-foot, she looked around for any place to put her shoes where she could find them later but no one else would find. Quickly, she untied her shoes and then tied the laces together. Calcephony, not minding the Cheshire Cat still on her shoulder, turned and looked over to the guards they had passed earlier. She hesitated about her decision to ask them to hold her shoes, but decided against it and put them on the floor beneath her robes.

The floor was not at all cold, but instead, a luke-warm temperature. Calcephony wiggled her toes, letting them enjoy the freedom from sneakers and socks. Thank goodness they don’t stink, she thought. Her legs were beginning to numb after standing for so long, but she was afraid to say anything about it. Soon enough, she knew, the king and queen would come and everything would be said and done; and then, she would be on her way home. Hopefully.

Tet Anon
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-03-2007, 06:18 AM

((ooc: Forgive me if i've repeated something a little bit i'm a tad under the weather so my thoughts are not as clear as normal. If i did not post to you just kick me and i'll get it done unless i'm waiting on your post then i'll post in reguards to you as soon as you do.))

Arianna stared at Kalisandra, hoping that she would understand, watching her as she seemed so amused by Arianna's paniced gestures. However, once the woman had taken the orb to her mouth and swallowed it, Arianna let out a heavy breath.

She was about to speak when the girl fainted strangely and her eyes went wide "just great!" Arianna shouted before rushing over patting her cheek and trying to wake her. When finally she opened her eyes Arianna gave a bit of a smile "Ah good. you're alright." Arianna spoke clearly. However, now it was different because Kalisandra could understand the words she spoke.

Meanwhile just outside the palace:

The small boy like ceature looked up at Aura "well that depends! to some you might and some might think you look like a baby! to me you look like an adult because i'm so small! "he shouted up to her "Oh silly! the festival doesn't start until the purple sun raises in the sky! That's in.. um... " he counted then looked back up to her "Two days!" he laughed childishly.

The purple sun was an odd occurance, it happened only once every two years , and was said in legend to be the great power that world of Ashiro drew it's magic into the earth from. The purple son occured when a distant ball of blue gases and magics that was a planet lined up perfectly in the sky. The glow of their red's light reflecting withing the planet of gas made the sun appear purple.

"Your friend? What does your friend look like!" the boy shouted curiously looking up at the woman. The boy noticed the man so oddly trying to hide himself "Hey you!!!! you with the hair and hiding thingie mabobber yeah! come're! " he shouted to the man.

Meanwhile inside the castle:

Nahkiga glanced to Calcephony but more clearly the feline upon her shoulder. Giving him a scolding glare before he looked back towards the king. "If you cannot be silent cat you will be removed from the palace." he whispered before silencing himself and leading her closer to the thrones just a bit then waiting for the king and queen to show themselves and soon the queen came and she sat. Then the king and he stood before his throne adressing Nahkiga and the young woman there.

"I take it the young prince was found wandering again by you Nahkiga"

"Yes your highness" he stated as he lowered himself to bow breifly then raised himself back to his feet. "your guests have begun arriving. This young lady is the first." he stated as he smiled.

"Wonderful" the king stated surprisingly kindly as he stood of towering height compared to the unconcious prince who was starting to slowly come out of his sleep .

"My name is Javonich. I am King of all Ashiro and it's people. I welcome you to Ashiro. Might I know of your name m'lady." the king spoke elegantly as he turned to a servant that had followed out shortly. The servant nodded and ran off .Moments to return with a chair for the first woman to sit upon after she introduced herself. Then left to retreive other chairs for the others that where to introduce themselves.

"As soon as the others arrive I will make more clear the purpose of your being summoned here." he stated calmly.

purplejesseh
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-03-2007, 02:56 PM

• She plugged her ears slightly as the boy continued screaming. "Shhh! I can hear you, you don't need to be so loud!" Her voice was louder than she planned. "2 days? I won't be here by then." It wasn't like she had a place to stay for 2 days. The elders wouldn't be too happy if I weren't home, but then again, they'd probably like a break from her. "The purple sun eh? I missed it last time it came up." You can't really have a good view in the forest with the tall trees blocking your view. Aura thought back, trying to remember the appearance of the purple sun. She realized she never saw it, or she forgot everything in her childhood. "It really would be nice to come to the festival," she said, not realizing she spoke aloud."

"My friend? Who?" She couldn't figure out what he was saying. "Oh yes! Uhm... he looks like..." She was cut off by the boy once again. She turned to look at the man the boy was pointing at. The boy wasn't very polite either. "Didn't your parents ever tell you not to talk to strangers?" she asked while trying to see the man hiding his face with his hood. He seemed similar to herself, she thought. He was trying to blend in as well, and they both wanted to get away from the loud boy. She pitied him, and herself. He didn't seem to be turning their way. I guess he's trying to ignore the boy, since it wasn't possible that he didn't hear him.

Rin Namami
*^_^*

Old 06-03-2007, 05:03 PM

The glare, she had not noticed until Nahkiga spoke, made her a tad nervous. She was conscious to remember to scoot her sneakers along the ground with her. Calcephony stopped when Nahkiga stopped, and then looked up.

She looked at the queen first, the first to catch her attention. Calcephony thought she was beautiful, and being the only queen she had seen in person: she thought she was the most handsome queen there ever was. The same could be said for the king; however, it was hard to see how Prince Lucik could be related to either of them. She dismissed that thought and followed Nahkiga’s lead. Calcephony took either side of her robes in hand and lifted them slightly as she curtsied.

“I am Calcephony,” she replied in a modest tone as she stood up. It was quiet as the servant retrieved a chair for her. Calcephony did not sit; she could never sit down when there was something on her mind, but curtsied a bit once more before speaking. “Might I be given permission to walk about, Sir?” she asked as kindly as she could, “I would very much like to observe the grounds and the city a little more.” She had been thinking about it and came up with the idea that if she were allowed, when the others arrived she could be summoned back to the throne room by a servant or a messenger.

She still had not taken a seat in the chair provided until she finished speaking. She decided to sit on the edge of it, so as not to seem rude about being given the seat, and put her hands in her lap as she waited for an answer.

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-03-2007, 08:19 PM

Five steps.....five steps past the kid and the girl and he was caught. Fable visibly winced and then turned. It would be no use hiding at this point, he didn't want to hear anymore of the boy's yammering so he made his way over.
"Kid you are one more Pain do you know that?" He knelt and placed his hand over the boy's mouth.
"No, no, no need for words this time...." With a great reluctance in his motions, Fable pulled out the three coins the men had tried to rob him of.
"Here." He said placing the money into the boy's palm.
"Go away.....NOW." Fable then started looking around him as if to find the said "hiding thingie mabobber".....whatever that was. He pushed back his hood, allowing fresh air to waft around on his face and cool off his head, it was hot under the hood and if he didn't have to be he wouldn't stay under it another minute. He looked to the girl, his golden eyes narrowing and his already thin pupils turning to mere slits.
"Where have you been? I've been looking all over for you, we're going to be late, the others are expecting us." Fable's head shook, his ears were more than decoration, but really, they didn't have to be with the way that the brat had yelled about her 'friend'. He was going to sit down and have a serious talk with his inner self later, you know the one..that leetle voice that tells you to do all the things that will make your life a living hell.....by doing things for other people, he should have walked on by.

Tet Anon
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-04-2007, 03:59 AM

The boy laughed cutely to the woman's statement about him being to loud "but if i stop shouting how will you hear me!" he stated loudly to her. he pouted slightly "you won't be! Where will you be! maybe your friend will be at the festival! " he added rather obnoxiously loud yet again. "Really?! Well you should see it in two days then! it's really cool!" He gave a bit of a cute laugh again "so you are coming! yay! " he shouted to her.

"looks like what!" he asked turning back to her "Um.. nope! but she said not to put strange things in my mouth and um not to hit because hitting isn't nice!" he shouted with and adorable laugh.

"more than one pain? What do you mean mister?!" he squeaked slightly as the hand fell over his mouth. he mumbled something incoherant not sure why the man was covering his mouth. He looked to the coins then and blinked profusely "Money! yay! " He shouted before running off. Leaving the two alone.

Meanwhile inside the palace:

"Lady Calcephony. It is a great honor to meet you. I welcome you to Ashiro. " he stated noble in manner. "you are welcome to have a seat and rest your feet. As i'm sure Nahkiga was insistant with his haste and one's feet would grow tired with such. " he stated with a laugh.

"your highness... I was mer--"

"I know Nahkiga. It's quite alright. " Javonich confirmed before looking back to the girl as she asked her question.

"Of course, you may walk about as you wish. I only ask that if you venture outside the palace walls that you take someone of the palace with you. As i would not wish for any incidents that could easily be avoided by such." he stated with a smile "you may roam around the castle and within the golden gates freely however. As none who would cause you harm are allowed to step foot within these walls." he stated with a nod. Watching her as she sat before he looked back to Nahkiga who was seemingly worried about something.

"Nahkiga. Is something troubling you?"

"hn." he looked up sharply "oh, forgive me your highness. The oracle she stirs. I must beg my dismissal sire. She may have more information. "

"Granted. Please hurry yourself back. "

"yes your highness." he stated as he bowed again before departing the throne room.

The king looked to the girl that sat there then. "your quarters are being prepared as we speak. There will be a feast tonight in your, and the other guests, honor. Tomorrow the opening ceremonies of the purple sun festival will be held. If you wish to attend you may. This year is a very special year for the festival so there will be many special events taking place. Should you wish to participate that is." the king stated with a smile.

The queen smiled "Yes. And I have sent word to the royal seamstress of the arriving visitors. So later this evening, before the feast, she will come to see you. I have also taken the liberty of having one of the mages summon clothing of your world, in case you would be more comfortable in those garments." she stated though her tone was holding much more pride than the kings.

Lucik woke with a quiet groan. Letting out a heavy breath as he opened his eyes. blinking a few times to focus them before he looked up "Eh... Nahkiga...! " he shouted realizing what had happened once more then he looked up to his father. "Father..." Then to his mother "Mother..." he stated quietly. frowning little when he realized the trouble he was going to be in.

Tet Anon
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-04-2007, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALLIN445
hi
((ooc: i'm going to ask that you not post like this in the rp thread again. It is against the rules. So please do not do it again.))

Rin Namami
*^_^*

Old 06-04-2007, 02:24 PM

Calcephony was quiet as King Javonich spoke. She did not want to make a fool of herself by interrupting him. The answer given to her was expected, or so she had a feeling he would answer her the way he did. When attention was brought back to Nahkiga, Calcephony stirred in her seat. An Oracle? she thought and watched as the mage left. I wonder if she has anything to do with all of this?

Her head turned back to the three thrones sitting before her and their occupants. The way King Javonich spoke made Calcephony think he was telling her what to do, though he was being sincere and not exactly pushing her to do what she did not want to do. A feast?! Everything appeared to be said all at once. The overwhelming hospitality they were speaking of and displaying made her feel more like something higher than royalty rather than the middle-class teen she was; however, she had never really been treated so kindly before, and she did feel that she was someone important to them; why else would they want her and others like her from other worlds to come?

As the queen spoke, Calcephony looked at the robes she had acquired when she first came to the strange world. They were rather interesting – she would ask to keep a robe or two to bring back home if there ever was a going back home – and she liked them, but she did not feel like herself in them. She decided to go fifty-fifty with the clothing issue and wear clothing from either world on different days.

“Thank you, Your Majesty,” she stood up rather quickly when Prince Lucik stirred and spoke rather hurriedly after he spoke. “I will take my leave and have a walk about the palace.” Calcephony curtsied again and turned sharply, not wanting to show the king and queen her red face. She was overwhelmed by their kindness and holding her tongue so as not to be rude to the prince in front of his parents.

Calcephony nodded her head in greeting to the guards as she passed them by, and then quickly stepped out on to the walk-way Nahkiga had escorted her across. She passed over a lot of the magnificent stones in-laid in to the ground; with her head down as she looked at them it might have seemed she was sulking about something, but she was merely gazing at the stones. Bringing her head up, she examined the golden gate and remembered what the king had said. She let out a sigh and looked around as she loosely let her arms swing from side to side.

She stopped as her eyes fell upon a butterfly fluttering about a few flowers. “Hello there,” she said with a smile as she bent down near the butterfly, not wanting to scare it away. It did not answer, as she knew it would not. Calcephony stood back up and turned around, thinking about wandering around the palace grounds for a while longer. A voice caught her attention and she walked towards it.

She noticed two more guards were stationed at the gate she came to. Tight security, she thought. I wonder if any body has tried to escape or run-away and accomplished it? A picture of Prince Lucik flashed through her head. Probably, she guessed. She looked at the groups of people in wonder, and then found the voice that had caught her attention. Calcephony spotted a little elf-boy, the owner of the voice which was in a loud volume, a faerie, and an other elf. She looked at the guard, smiled, and then watched the group for a few minutes longer.

“I wonder if any of my friends was summoned here as well?” she thought aloud as she found herself somewhere between the castle and the gate once more. “In a way, it feels like going to a whole new school.” The butterfly was still there, fluttering about the flowers; Calcephony tucked the back of her robes beneath her and sat on the ground to watch it.

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-04-2007, 03:44 PM

He was gone!! He was gone!
Fable could have almost danced in delight when the loud child ran off into the crowds. He tied the pouch back to his belt and smiled, no...smirked. Smiles denoted that one was happy, that one looked upon joy, Fable just looked upon a clear path to the front of the square and from there it would be just a matter of time before he hit the outer walls of the city and his perpetual freedom. He turned to the girl that he stood beside.
"No, I don't know you, I don't want to know you, all I wanted was to shut the kid up." He spun on his heel and walked away, he knew he had been harsh, and that didn't bother him, he'd had enough experience that he assumed she would have asked the age old question 'do I know you?', and anyone stupid enough to ask a perfect stranger if they knew them deserved his blunt answers...he didn't have time to explain his motives, nor did he have the inclination to. There were jobs to be found, money to be made, besides there was a feeling in the air that Fable did not like..it reeked of his home and the only thing that ever reeked of his home....was magic. It was fine and dandy for people to fool around with the stuff...until it backfired, no Fable prefered to stay FAR away from the likes of that mess. He would take cold hard steel over magic and the like any day.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 06-04-2007, 04:05 PM

“Ah, good you’re all right.”
Kallisandra stared up at the girl and almost smiled. “I am not alright; I am whole but entirely unsure.” She sat up and rubbed the back of her head, brushing dirt out of her hair. She looked around, this was the same place as before and nothing had changed, and nothing was familiar. Her head hurt and she was a bit light headed, but she assumed that was from passing out. The frantic gestures of the mage had worked and Kallisandra had eaten the orb, it must have been a translator of sorts as she could now understand her.
“I’d like to know where I am, this place is new to me and I am rather confused. How did I get here and why?” She shook her head trying to clear her thoughts, “How rude of me, I believe introductions before explanations. I’m Kalisandra. “

purplejesseh
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-04-2007, 08:11 PM

• Aura definitely knew how much pain the boy caused her. The elf seemed generous, but strange giving gold coins to the kid. She figured he knew how a child's mind worked. As the elf spoke to her, she tried to recall any friends that resembled his appearance. She was about to speak when the boy left with his gold coins. She had bad hearing, and usually spaces out but there was no way she wouldn't be able to hear the boy. She didn't say she was coming to the festival, but she wasn't going to see the boy again so it wouldn't matter anyways. He seemed delighted to receive the money, and happily ran off.

"No, I don't know you, I don't want to know you, all I wanted was to shut the kid up."

Was the kid that annoying? Sure, he spoke loudly but he did no harm. He was being rude, why wouldn't someone not want to know her? Sure she is troublesome at times but you shouldn't judge someone so soon. She felt a little offended. It's his loss, she thought.

Aura had to look up when talking to him, as well as all other adults, unless she flew. "It's err, nice to meet you then," she said, not knowing what else she could say. He seemed busy and wanted to be on his way. She figured she should be getting back as well, but maybe she will come for the festival, it would definitely be interesting to see. She elf didn't seem to be noticing her, and started walking in the opposite direction. She decided to walk towards the trees, and make her way into the forest. When she gets out of the city she would spread her wings and fly back, hopefully before anyone notices she was gone.

Cheshire Cat
Tac Erihsehc

Old 06-04-2007, 10:38 PM

The Cheshire Cat followed Calcephony slowly, leisurely looking at the foliage and critters that inhabited the castle grounds. I have a feeling that the prince won't be out of the castle in a while... The girl walked around and stopped to look at a butterfly. This is familiar, i wonder if she's ever heard of a bread-and-butter fly. The Cheshire Cat chuckled to itself and walked up to Calcephony. "Wow, look at you, treated like royalty. You wouldn't have seen the same thing had the King and Queen been talking to a commoner of Ashiro. While they gave you a chair, they told me to shut up. Albeit more politely." The cat jumped back on to the girl's shoulder. "Where to now? Don't ask me, i prefer the less... snobby areas. Ashiro isn't a usual stop for me unless i want to screw around with the urbanites' dreams."

Rin Namami
*^_^*

Old 06-05-2007, 01:50 AM

Calcephony jumped a little, forgetting almost completely about the Cheshire Cat. “You mean they are not very hospitable to commoners?” she sounded very surprised to hear this. It changed her view almost immediately of the king and queen.

She stood up, the Cheshire Cat weighing literally nothing as if it were only an entity. Looking around, she listened to the Cheshire Cat. It seemed quit the annoying entity, but for some reason she put up with it. “I don’t know where to go either, I have never been to this world before,” she said, “and to tell the truth, I don’t know if I should leave; the king might get angry.” To be perfectly honest, Calcephony did not know if she really cared if the king were to get angry or not.

Letting out a sigh, Calcephony walked up to the gate and paused before it. She looked from guard to the other. “I’d like to see the city, but I don’t know my way around,” she mumbled. “I don’t want to be escorted, though. I’d like to check this place out myself.” Calcephony turned her head to the cat on her shoulder. “You wouldn’t happen to know a corner or spot on the wall I can get through?” She glanced momentarily to the guards to see if they had heard any of her whispering.

Shir0
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Shir0 Send a message via MSN to Shir0

Old 06-05-2007, 05:05 AM

Piitter patter, pitter patter... That's all the young girl could hear as she wandered around in the Soaca Forest. What is that? she thought to herself. "Perhaps it's a chipmunk...", "Yes, just a chipmunk..." Said an angry voice from above, "Have you never heard of a squirrel?". The girl looked shocked and when she regained control of her limbs, she ran for the city, The City of Ashiro.

Shiro just shook his head and followed, before long it was just a pittering and pattering. He hadn't been in the city very often, not many people seemed to like squirrels, even with their cute tails, and the way they nibble on food. Maybe it was the hijacking of nuts and then running off and burying them, or maybe the way they always seem to turn up!

Either way, Shiro preferred to appear human in town to avoid drawing attention, the authorities didn't know him, but they knew a thief was afoot. Shiro is a rather handsome boy of 19, who didn't have much problem of "acquiring" what he wanted. He had short, light, blue hair about an inch long that was curly but unkempt. His eyes were also of about the same shade and resembled those of a rodents.

Though people enjoyed his appearance, he was often gone before they could take a second glance. Shiro knew few people and usually liked it that way, though even a squirrel gets lonely.

Cinnamonmiko
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Cinnamonmiko Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnamonmiko

Old 06-05-2007, 06:18 AM

"...and I'll expect no less of you!"
"Ahhh, but Jess, when have I been anything but great?"
"Whoopa, there it goes--"

The back door of the Golden Harp Lounge and Fine Restaurant closed with a click, shutting off the flow of sounds from the lively kitchen crew, and Danica leaned against the cool metal with a deep sigh. Oh, how she loved to cook with that crew. The fires were hot, and the cayenne hotter, and conversation was just as lively. Sometimes, though, a soul needed a little peace and that was not the place to find it. She unzipped her jacket and started away from the back door, when it burst open and the fresh wave of organized chaos rushed over her.

"Aie, Danni, did you shut this? Please dear, do you want Baked Cook for your breakfast tomorrow, or what?" Jess, the second most senior chef in the restaurant and chief of the nigthwatch, stood in the flood of light in the doorway fanning her sweaty face with her hand.

Danica quickly stowed the breadth of her smile and settled on a meek one. "Sorry, Jess. I know Mr. C doesn't like it to be open after dark."

"Yeah, well 'Mr. C' can swallow a fiery habanero over that one, dearie. Have a safe walk home now, you hear?"

"All right." But Danica was halfway down the alley when she answered.

The walk home wasn't a long one, but she was in a hurry: Charlie had said that he knew a great karaoke bar nearby and he got off at ten. And then he winked.

As if any girl with an I.Q. greater than that of a rock would miss that hint. Danica wanted to get cleaned up and out of her chef's habit. Now. She looked at her watch. 9:15...yea, she had time. And she rushed off into the dark.

She usually took the back alleys home, since it was less crowded and most gangs were easily avoided. The homeless around here had benefitted from her kindness: she let them have the leftover bakery items each night that they might otherwise have thrown away...with Mr. C's approval, of course. Regardless, food was food and the homeless were generally thankful for it, and always had helpful hints about the whereabouts of which gangs.

Tonight, she had to take a bit of a detour or encounter one or two nastier things than ratfights, so she was a little bit harried and a little bit less attentive. She mentally patted her boots, though, which contained nothing less than two fully-functional, battle-ready, collector's long knives, courtesy of her brother. She couldn't wield them like a knife fighter, but one of her friends that owned a nearby martial arts dojo had no qualms about teaching her. And then she fell.

Face first into the rankest puddle of water she had ever encountered, accompanied by the chilliest wind she had ever known. It sent gooseflesh along her legs and back like the waves of the ocean, and something nagged at her instincts. Something was screaming that this was not right, not right at all.

She pushed herself to her hands and knees, shaking water from her hair. She stood and blinked the grit from her eyes. Great, add a shower to my list of to-dos-before-ten, she laughed bitterly, scraping the wet bangs from her face.

Her vision cleared and she knew exactly what was wrong. Nothing was there. Not the brick walls before her, not the dumpsters full of trash, no rats, no cats....nothing. Darkness stretched before her, purest black she had ever known, endless and terrifying. But she couldn't move. She couldn't turn around, she couldn't shift her eyes, she couldn't blink. The only part of her that hinted at life was the hard and fast thump-thump of her heart as it fluttered wildly to escape this unusual imprisonment.

And then, there was the door. Rather, her door. It screamed at her to open it, begging in silent solid stature...and she did. The voices spoke then, no more than subconscious flutters that bade her move onward and forwards...for there was no way back. She moved in to the dimly lit room, to find the hammer sitting serenely on the pillar. She paused, hesitating an instant, and tried to turn around. He body responded, this time, but there was no door.

I'm concussed. The thought was vague and haphazard, a desperate explanation. Then those mysterious voiceless voices bade her take the hammer and choose. Choose what? Voices? Okay, I'm badly concussed. I've got to get out of here, I've got to get help.
She stuck her hand out, knowing that her eyes decieved her and the wall of the alley stood nearby. She stuck it out and began to move towards it, slowly, groping like a blind man searching for his cane. She did find a wall, cool and smooth, not at all like the alleyway bricks she had expected. She turned to look at it, and a found her reflection. Glass? Yes. Glass to what? She cupped her hands on the surface and peered in.

"YAIIE!" She leapt backwards, half-stumbling, half-running as she backed down from that...that...creature behind it. Then she looked at the hammer.

"Choose your soul" the nagging voice echoed again, and she looked back at the massive window, which she stretched upwards forever as far as she could tell.

"Oh. In case of fire, eh?" She picked up the hammer, its feathery weight a pleasant surprise. The thought did not last long and she walked up to the window again. A snake, she realized. No, whatever else, she did not want her soul to be a snake. Especially not a big, ugly one like that with the eyes of a demon. She moved down the long line of windows, with a little jump each time it illuminated to flash the contents at her. She passed by cats and tigers and pandas and raccoons and all of them she shunned. My soul? No way.

And then, she came to it. A Gryphon, stalking up a fallen tree like the lion its body resembled, eagle head arched proudly to look at her with both glorious golden eyes. The cream colored wings, hatched through with browns and golds, spread around the body in a magnificent halo, a glowing aura. The embodiment of the earth's and sky's meeting place, logic and free spirit entwined in one, looked out at her proudly and she saw herself clearly reflected in those sharply clear eyes.

"This is it." She whispered, swinging the hammer with the excessive force and shattering the glass like so much spun sugar.

She blanked. She came to, huddled on the floor of the magnificent hall. Her muscles burned with raw strength that she knew could not be her own, her mind ached with new insights and knowledge that was completely foreign to her...and that was all. It all faded as quickly as she had recognized it, and left her confused and shy before the gaping dark hole that had once housed the Gryphon.

She shook her head to clear it and rose again to her feet. Above her, a sign flashed. "Welcome to Ashiro," it said and she smiled cynically to herself.

"Ashiro? That doesn't sound like home." She turned around, but there was nothing, just that darkness that never broke...All that was left of that great hall was the darkened, shattered window and the new door. The only way left to go was forward. "Well, that's...that."

She took in a huge breath and opened the door.

Light and the chaos of clattering pans and roaring fires and happy chatter washed over her, and she found herself in a massive kitchen full of chefs and servants and knives. Full of technically armed people that stopped to stare. And stare.

"Oh, dear." Danica's breath caught in her throat and she felt suddenly very, very small.
((ooc: holy crap. If that was just a smidgen too long, don't hesitate to tell me! ^^; ))

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-05-2007, 02:32 PM

You should go bbbaaa-ccckkk....

Shut up

At least take in the sights of the city

I've seen them, THANKS.

Aren't you the least bit curious as to what is making your skin crawl, could be magic.....Magic is such a risky business, what if it affects your work? What if someone takes over your place?

....You're so persitant.
His inner self won out and with a sharp curse that caused those around him to turn with a jerk and stare openly, Fable turned back.
NO!! What am I doing!!?? I have jobs to find. His steps halted and he turned back almost running into a passerby. For almost thirty minutes, Fable fought with himself trying to decide if he should go or stay. He won out, Fable ground his teeth and stalked back into the square keeping his eyes open for anyone that looked out of place, why he was so sure that it would be someone out of place he didn't know, for there were sure to be practioners of the art in the castle....wern't there? He didn't know, but there was just something that nagged at him.
"I hate you....whoever decided that I was to have a concience I HATE you." The mutter was a little louder than he'd hoped but Fable pressed on, jerking his hood back over his face, and glaring at anyone that dared give him a questioning glancce.

Tet Anon
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-05-2007, 07:45 PM

The queen bowed her head at the given thanks by Calcephony. Watching her as she examined the robes that she wore already. It amused her that the outsider girl had never seen clothes like that before, but she supposed she would be intrigued by it too if she had been pulled to their world.

Javonich quickly looked to Calcephony as she spoke so quickly. He laughed a little, so his son had already made an enemy of this girl, at least that was the way that it seemed to him "Very well. Do becareful and remember that the palace walls may be safe, but outside of them is not. So if you venture outside the gates, please make sure to take someone of the palace with you. " he added.

Lucik watched as Calcephony ran off to explore and he looked up to his father. Who nodded with a soft laugh. "Just don't get into anymore trouble." Javonich spoke to Lucik before the boy darted from his seat and out of the audience chamber. Wandered around going outside for a breath of fresh air. A few of the passing people stopping to bow when the reconized him . other's hardly noticed he was there. He found himself back inside the gates a few minutes later however looking around.

Lucik spotted Calcephony sitting near a flower and he grinned. he pulled the clip from his hair and took his crown off his head handing both to a guard that stood nearby as he pull the fabric above his obi up and the obi down as he made it look more like a woman's kimono than his noble robes. He opened one of his fans as he grinned to the guard before covering his face from nose down with it. approaching Calcephony from behind and slightly trying to change his voice "Are here for the purple moon festival" he asked in the girliest voice he could possibly make.

Lucik's face became a bit flustered when he heard the cheshire cat speaking so freely of his famiy. though he did his best to erase that look of his face. "Oh my! you have a little pest on your shoulder!" lucik shouted in that false voice as he took his other fan and bopped the cheshire cat on the head with it. "Bad bad bad you don't go around perching on ladies!"

meanwhile:

Arianna looked to Kallisandra. At elast the girl looked alright. As far as injuries she didn't seem to have any. Arianna glanced back to her face as she asked of this place and her purpose there. "Oh. i'm sorry! My name is Arianna. I am the great fire mage of Ashiro! " she bowed slightly then stood straight once more "All of your quests are best answered by the king. I will take you to him now." she stated with much haste as she motioned for her to follow. "This way. "

And in the city::

The boy returned a few moments later with a small toy under one arm and two ice cream cones in his hands. he looked around when the woman wasn't where he'd left her. Pouting slightly 'Awww mann!" he shouted as he looked around again. Realizing she was gone he sighed then grinned "more for me!" he called out as he walked back home while licking off both of the ice cream cones.

In the Royal Kitchen of the Cryos palace:
There was alot of clatter and echoing throughout the kitchen. Though all of this stopped as the girl suddenly appeared within there. There was a sudden wind as the door opened to the kitchen and they all stirred as they where commanded.

"Get back to work" Dainiji spoke. The great ice mage stood in the doorway. Having spoken in the language of ashiro yet his snow specked blue eyes stared directly at the girl now. After seeing how out of place she was he knew she was not of Ashiro. He walked into the kitchen. His pale hair was chin length in the front. draped over one eye. The back of it was spiked up and messy while his robes where much tidier than such. He approached the girl and held out his hand. Inside it was a small pea-shaped orb and he gestured for her to take it as his other hand snatched a pea from one of the cooks.

He gestured her to the orb as he demonstrated with the pea. Then he smiled to her calmly as he held the orb to her.

Back in the city:
The small boy from before walked the street eating his ice cream when he suddenly ran into the hooded man from before. Ice cream shoved between them as he fell back to the ground with an 'oof' there after. he looked up at the man then laughed "HEYYYY! IT'S YOU AGAIN!" he shouted with a cute laugh.