Rananteriel
*^_^*

Old 04-05-2015, 11:15 PM

★ Rananteriel's Memory Jar ★

This will be the thread where I will store all my happy memories for this year. While I have gotten a late start, I am sure that I will soon fill this place up with daily memories and thus be able to have a more positive outlook on my life then I have had in the past.

I hope you all enjoy taking this journey with me over the next few months!

Last edited by Rananteriel; 04-06-2015 at 04:16 PM..

Rananteriel
*^_^*

Old 04-05-2015, 11:45 PM

Easter Fun

Today was a good day.

Easters are typically a fun time of family coming together, and this year was no exception really. We had the whole family in the house! Including my sister who has been living with her boyfriend for some time now. Now she usually does come over for Sunday roasts, but it was especially nice seeing her today as it was easter.

After a big ole roast dinner, with yummy roast turkey we settled down to digest and watched carry on films - which was fun and had us giggling for a few hours.

Once we had digested we played games and generally stuffed ourselves with easter chocolate until we had had enough of sitting on the floor, and by that point it was time for my sister to bid us farewell for the day.

As easter sundays go this one was a pretty good one.

Last edited by Rananteriel; 04-06-2015 at 04:16 PM..

Rananteriel
*^_^*

Old 04-06-2015, 04:15 PM

Back to the Stoneage

Well, today was ... interesting.

We went to Flag Fen for a 1000bc event, that was advertised with these words

Quote:
"Try your hand at various traditional skills with demonstrations and have-a-go sessions over the weekend".
Took awhile to get there as it's a 70 odd mile trip. Pay the admission fee and find out that there was so little to do that it took less than two hours to see everything. Yeah, there were some interesting reenactments going on, but there were no traditional skills to try out at all and no have-a-go sessions.

Kinda feel like the event was overly hyped.

It was a nice enough day at the very least, and I got out of the house which was the whole point of the thing - just wish there had been more substance to the event.