Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-10-2013, 04:06 PM

I need to listen to things. I have a slight dislexia that causes me to get frustrated while reading textbooks.....so I don't. If I go to class.....listen to the teacher I pass with high grades....you can't do that online.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 07-10-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
art is not. teaching is though. :D i'm probably going to try to earn my degree that way . but i dispise online classes.
Idk, online classes are a lot easier. For certain classes, at least.

Science, Sociology, Philosophy, etc etc--classes like those are easier taken all online. It's what I've done. Though, I did the bulk of my first two semesters person-to-person. And math, well, they don't offer that all online, just hybrid... which I find annoying.

Studying for Math is a lot easier without dealing with other people who don't wanna do their work and want to see if they can get you to do everything with them. I've never done study groups or Tutoring. Though, I tutored my mom.

But your right, art can't be online unless it's all graphic based and not basic arts. My brothers taking Graphics/Design/Animation and most of his stuff... is crap. XD Except that Audi he made in Adobe Illustrator, that's nice.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-10-2013, 04:11 PM

What kinda dumb rules?

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 07-10-2013, 04:12 PM

I'm like Cora there. I have the need to be able to talk to a professor.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-10-2013, 04:15 PM

Some hands on stuff are not suitable for online.
Art is one of them. XD

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-10-2013, 04:18 PM

I'm getting my Master's by doing all online classes. I like in-person classes better. But the degree being all online allows me to work full time while getting the degree at the same time. Which is something I really wanted to do!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-10-2013, 04:19 PM

*nods* i bet the art history class was online. but omg did i love the in person class. the teacher was amazing.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-10-2013, 04:23 PM

THAT depends if the teachers are amazing. There are lousy teachers.
Yeah, I think art history could be online... sounds more like theory.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-10-2013, 04:25 PM

I have had lousy teachers and good teachers in both online and inclass classes...just depends on the teacher XD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-10-2013, 04:27 PM

I prefer online, because I prefer the comfort of my room AND, the less hassle of going to campus.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 07-10-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
Some hands on stuff are not suitable for online.
Art is one of them. XD
True D:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
I'm getting my Master's by doing all online classes. I like in-person classes better. But the degree being all online allows me to work full time while getting the degree at the same time. Which is something I really wanted to do!
Then it all works out then!
Confuggles on getting your Masters (soon)!

---------- Post added 07-10-2013 at 12:31 PM ----------

Quote:
I prefer online, because I prefer the comfort of my room AND, the less hassle of going to campus.
And less gas money spent XD

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-10-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
haha that is a perk of online classes :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by M i r o View Post
True D:

Then it all works out then!
Confuggles on getting your Masters (soon)!

---------- Post added 07-10-2013 at 12:31 PM ----------

And less gas money spent XD

Thank you!! It won't be for another 4 semesters - but hopefully the time will fly by fast!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-10-2013, 04:35 PM

typically, if the teacher is horrible i go to management and get my teacher changed, or drop the class.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 07-10-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
haha that is a perk of online classes :D

Thank you!! It won't be for another 4 semesters - but hopefully the time will fly by fast!
Yessums.

You're welcome. And ouch... Are you spacing out your courses? Taking 4-5 classes in each semester will cut it down. Then again, I'm not sure what classes you're taking. Most of that would be an overload. @ . @

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-10-2013, 04:37 PM

Shadamimi! WOW! you are da power!
You can get teacher changed, just like that? O__O
We can;t, despite the whole class voicing out protest against a certain lecturer. D: and we can't drop it, it is the compulsory MAIN subject that carries MOST credit hours.

yes, yes, and that too. money! as if the tuition fees is not enough spendings?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-10-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
typically, if the teacher is horrible i go to management and get my teacher changed, or drop the class.
I just give them a bad review at the end. Usually if I don't like a teacher, I'm not the only one that doens't like them. So enough bad reviews and something has to happen. But I don't let them ruin my education because of how terrible they are.

The unfortunate thing with the music program at my undergrad was that it was really small...because of that...only one teacher ever taught one class. YOu didn't have the option to drop the class and switch to a new one. IF you dropped it that semester, you'd have to take it the next semester with the same teacher anyway XD

In addition - with my grad level classes I don't even get to enroll myself in the classes. They are predetermined for me. I follow a schedule given to me by the program at the very beginning when I signed up and they sign me up for the classes. No choice in the teacher XD

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-10-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
We can;t, despite the whole class voicing out protest against a certain lecturer. D: and we can't drop it, it is the compulsory MAIN subject that carries MOST credit hours.

I've gotten a couple teachers fired before actually. But only if they don't have tenure yet.

but no i mean like, take the same class, but with a different teacher in the same time slot.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 07-10-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:

You can switch classes with different teachers any time you want in the beginning, the class hours/days to meet will change, though. But yeah, you can do that.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-10-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M i r o View Post
Yessums.

You're welcome. And ouch... Are you spacing out your courses? Taking 4-5 classes in each semester will cut it down. Then again, I'm not sure what classes you're taking. Most of that would be an overload. @ . @
Well in undergrad you had to have 152 credits in my program to graduate. I ended up with 164 in 4 years - so I took 8-11 classes a semester >.<

BUT...with my graduate - it's only 36 credits to graduate - 12 classes.

So it's 2 per semester.

They won't let you take any more than that at a single time. Because you follow their schedule and they sign you up.

And honestly, with teaching full time as well, I wouldn't want to take more than that.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-10-2013, 04:47 PM

... no such system in my university.
Certain teachers only teach certain class/subject. You can't run away from them. XD

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-10-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
... no such system in my university.
Certain teachers only teach certain class/subject. You can't run away from them. XD
That's me with the music stuff XD There aren't enough music teachers for me to switch them XD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-10-2013, 04:54 PM

*clings to Maria* We are in the course where teacher resource are so scarce.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-10-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
*clings to Maria* We are in the course where teacher resource are so scarce.
haha exactly!! It's such a small program, music, that it's totally not the same as other majors XD

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-10-2013, 05:00 PM

i had someone famous as my art teacher <3 *is in heaven* I'm hoping to go back to that school again so I can see him again. (magic the gathering card artist)

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-10-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
i had someone famous as my art teacher <3 *is in heaven* I'm hoping to go back to that school again so I can see him again. (magic the gathering card artist)
That's like me - I've had professors who are well known through the world as composers and performers. And some who are very well known in the music education field~! I feel very lucky!