Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-05-2009, 03:29 AM

"..yes, yes, I'll be there in a few minutes. Meet me outside and we'll take my car," Leane replied into her cell, her tone agitated. Sliding the phone shut, Leane sighed as she put her finished homework back into her bag and placed it on the floor beside her bed. Picking up her purse and putting her cell into it, Leane fixed her hair, put on her sunglasses and hurried from her room and down the stairs.

"Josh!" she called as she walked through the house, heading for the door, "I'm leaving to go find my dress! I'll be back in a few hours, I've got my cell if you need me!"

"Sure thing Lee! I want to see it when you get home!" called Josh from the living room.

Ruffling his hair as she walked by him, Leane chuckled, "Of course! You'll be the first aside from Daddy and the girls. Make sure Daddy waits for me before he leaves for his flight, okay?"

"Sure. I doubt he'd want to miss seeing you in your gown. He'll want to gush over you and make sure his darling little girl knows just how gorgeous she is," Josh teased, earning him a smack in the head as Leane stuck out her tongue.

"You're just jealous 'cause Daddy doesn't yell at me about grades like he does you."

"Yeah, well, if I was half as smart as you I wouldn't have him yelling at me in the first place," he grumbled as Leane headed out the door and he went back to watching his show.

As Leane stepped onto her wrap-around-porch, she saw the girls pulling into her drive. Waving to them, Leane waited by her car.

When the girls stepped out of the car, they bit their lower lips, both knowing they'd pissed off Leane on the phone earlier.

"We're really sorry Lee. It's just, the incident with Matt was pretty funny when you think about it.." said Jenny awkwardly as Joanna finished hesitantly, "isn't it?"

Leane rolled her eyes and got in the car as she mumbled, "Yeah.. right.."

When the girls had followed Leane into the car, Jenny in the front and Joanna in the back, Leane sighed, "I'm not angry with you two. I suppose to someone outside the situation it would have been rather hilarious. I mean, just the fact alone that the little scoundrel could have irritated me this much is rather unbelievable. I mean, what is he to me? Just a piece of gum under my shoe, that's what."

As Leane drove out of the driveway, rambling on about Matt, Joanna and Jenny secretly began texting each other, concocting a plan that would bring both them laughs as well as Ben and Jack laughs. And who knows? Maybe it'd get Leane to admit she kinda-sorta thought Matt was an okay guy and had to give him props for not treating her like every other boy she grew up with. Maybe, maybe Matt was the sort of man Leane had been looking for - if only Leane would admit it; which would take nothing less than a miracle.

However, for Joanna and Jenny, they could make just such a miracle happen. All it would take is a fake drawing with only Matt's name in the bin during the drawing at lunch, then having it switched with the real hat, minus Matt's name of course, when it was checked by the rest of the cheer-squad to make sure no names were added twice and it was a fair drawing. The plan was fool-proof, but would Leane go for it once it came time for the ball?

The girls didn't have much more time to think about it for Leane had just pulled into the Designer Dress Boutique, still rattling on about Matt.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-06-2009, 09:40 PM

"I'm tired. And I have homework." Gena whined, her back still against Matthew's legs. "You're legs are bony." She added.

"You'll get over it. You're young yet." Matthew laughed. "At least with you off of them I'll be able to feel them again." He joked, earning a smack from Gena. "You hit like a girl." He added, smirking. Gena scowled, hitting him again. "I mean really Gena. Put some effort in it." He joked, shifting out of her reach.

"Settle down kids." Ben laughed, standing up. "We need to get Matthew a costume for the dance since he'll be going with his dream date." He laughed.

"If I win." Matthew said, standing up. "You're all dead."

"Excuse you." Gena said. "I'm the innocent one here. Why am I dead?" She asked, her mouth twisted into a smile.

"Because you hit like a girl." Matthew shrugged, earning a smack in the stomach. "Let's go." He sighed, rolling his eyes before they moved to pile into his car. "Where are we even going to look?"

"I have costumes at my place." Jack said, earning silence from everyone who gave him blank stares.

"You would." Matthew said simply.

"They're from the play last year. I was stage manager and they left me with the costumes. Its not like we're going to be able to pull together enough to get a decent outfit from a store this late." Jack retorted.

"To Jack's house." Ben cried, his fist in the air. "I must say though. You may have out weirded me on this one."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-06-2009, 11:40 PM

Walking in, the girls were greeted with cappuccinos and attendants. Since Jenny and Joanna had their dresses flown in from Paris weeks ago, Leane was the only one in need of a dress selection. As the designer entered the room, Leane walked over to him and placed a kiss on his cheek, "Georjiano, how are you?"

"Wonderful, da'ling, just wonderful. You look stunning, I see you've been taking good care of yourself. How's your father?"

Leane couldn't help but smile. Georjiano had been a friend of her father's, despite the fact that he was very feminine and currently had a life partner, since childhood. Leane grew up being his model as he worked his way into the Design World and simply adored him to no end. "Good good, leaving for business shortly after I get home with one of your designs, How's Paolo?" she inquired, referring to his life partner.

"He's doing well, my dear. Just got an art gallery finished in Venice, we're flying there for the grand opening next week, would you like to join us?"

Leane smiled, "Of course. I'll ask Daddy when I show him my dress, I'm sure he'll allow it as long as I have another person my age with me."

Georjiano nodded, "Of course, dear. Whatever makes your father comfortable. Now, in since we have a week to plan that and only a few hours to find your gown, let's get looking at our selections, shall we?"

Taking Georjiano's arm, Leane smiled, "Let's."

Looking around, Leane noticed Jenny and Joanna had already went ahead to where Leane's collection was being produced on mannequins from the storeroom and checking out Georjiano's latest work.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-06-2009, 11:57 PM

Matthew pulled into Jack's driveway and the four of them piled out of the car. "So where's your manly costumes?" Ben joked.

"Don't make fun of my costumes." Jack said, rolling his eyes. "I mean, the school costumes." He added, moving towards the house. "Just don't be loud. My parents are home." He added sheepishly, not noticing the glances that were exchanged by the other three.

In Jack's basement the four opened the boxes that had been set in storage. Gena pulled open a box, causing a large dress to spring back at her. "Why did you keep these?" Gena laughed as she held up the ridiculously large dress to her small frame.

"Didn't know what else to do with them. But at least we have some use for them." Jack shrugged. "Okay here's some of the male costumes from the Romeo and Juliet play." He said.

"Fashion show!" Gena yelled excitedly, pulling out costumes and throwing them out the boys.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 AM

As the hours went by, Leane emerged from the dressing room countless times with different dresses to try. Each time, she stood upon a raised area in front of mirrors and had Jenny take a digital picture of her in the gown. When all the gowns had been tried on and photographed, Leane set the pictures out on the table and began making notes of the pros and cons of each gown.

First, there was the Blue Water Gown. It was rather perfect, but too much blue. Her pink streaks stood out in her raven locks with all the blue surrounding them. On the other hand, it fit perfectly and would need no alterations.

Second, there was the Black Victorian Gown. Although it was pretty, Leane hated that there was so much cleavage, and it was rather short. She preferred her gowns to trail behind her. Besides, with all that black, her skin looked even whiter than it already was and her hair blended too much.

Third, there was the Iris Lace Gown. Leane truly adored this gown. It was dark, yet not too dark, it had beautiful sapphires embedded into the bodice, and it fit perfectly. She really had no complaints on this one.

Fourth, there was the White Ball Gown. This gown was also perfect, and Leane adored it. She loved the twist on the bodice, the pattern on the gown, the way it fit her, and how her grandmother's sapphire pendant would look perfect with it.

Fifth, there was the Blue Medieval Gown. This gown was beautiful, but the colors clashed with her hair and she wasn't too fond of the sleeve material.

Sixth, there was the White Wedding Gown. This gown was adorable, but not quite was Leane was looking for.

Jenny, Joanna, Leane, and Georjiano all sat around the table and talked the gowns over. In the end, it came down to the Iris Lace Gown and the White Ball Gown. Trying the Iris Lace back on, Leane twirled in front of the mirror. "It clashes too much with my hair.. Let's try the white."

Going back into the dressing room, Leane switched gowns and emerged moments later wearing the White Ball Gown. Twirling in front of the mirror, lifting her hair up, and looking at it from all angles. Leane nodded, "This. This is perfect! What do you all thing?"

"I agree da'ling. I was hoping you'd like this one. When I designed it, I had the masquerade in mind and thought it would look perfect with your skin tone and hair. With the perfect mask and hair-do, we can make this dress deserve you."

Leane laughed as she walked over and hugged Georjiano, "You spoil me. Really, you do, but I love you for it. Let's find a mask to wear, shall we? Then we can call Paolo and have him come over and help me decide a hairstyle to match."

Georjiano laughed, "Of course, my dear. I warned him he'd have to come, so he's already on his way. He should be here by the time we're done finding a mask."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-07-2009, 03:37 AM

"Gena." Matthew whined after he had dressed in an elaborate tux. "This is so stupid." He murmured.

"No whining Matthew!" Gena called from the closet next to Matthew's. "On the count of three we come out. One, two, three." She said, throwing the door open and showing off her dress. Matthew stumbled out of the closet, a sour expression on his face.

"Whoa." Ben and Jack said in unison as they looked at Gena, causing Matthew to look as well. The dress she was wearing fit her beautifully. The crimson skirt swirled around her legs yet the corset top pressed against her frame in all the right areas.

"Like it?" Gena teased, fanning herself dramatically with a feather fan. "Its the best I could do on such short notice." She laughed, batting her eyelashes. "Oh, Matt!!" She cried, turning her attention to Matt. "You look great!" Shifting her head to look at Jack she asked, "You don't happen to have any masks do you?"

"Of course." Jack said, rummaging through and old box.

"The surprises just keep coming." Ben laughed, his eyes still on Gena until Matthew's cough snapped him back to attention. He shrugged an apology, Matt should know that Ben didn't have eyes for Gena.

"Here." Jack said, holding up a black eye mask. "For you." He said, handing it to Matt who scowled before putting it on over his eyes.

"Well?" Matt asked. He stood in midnight black pants with a somewhat ruffled white top and long black coat that had coat tails hanging in the back.

"You look like Zorro, dude." Ben said. "Which is not a bad thing. Black is a good look for you. Run with it." He said with a smile. "Leanne will fall for you so bad dude." He added with a smirk.

"I'm not even going with her." Matthew rolled his eyes. "There's no way my name is going to be picked." He said, though his mind wandered for a moment about the possiblity of Leane calling his name. Impossible. One look at Gena proved that the last thing he wanted was someone like Leane.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-07-2009, 04:16 AM

Georjiano led Leane, still dressed in the gown, over to a large selection of masks. Some with feathers, some with lace, some simple and plain with only a solid color, yet others were bejeweled with gems of all sorts.

Leane quickly narrowed it down to the Delicate Columbine, the Farfallina Lace, the Farfallina Butterfly, and the Farfallina Sposi Lace.

The Delicate Columbine fit perfectly. It was father plain, but it was pretty enough.

The Farfallina Lace was alright, but a bit too much was going on for her taste.

The Farfallina Butterfly, however, was beautiful. It looks gorgeous on her and fit perfectly. It had just the right touch to accent her gown - not to mention it accented her features to the best of it's ability.

Then there was the Farfallina Sposi Lace. It was elegant, but she hated having to tie it and found it a bit large for her face.

In the end, she had to decide between the Farfallina Butterfly Mask and the Delicate Columbine Mask. Weighing the pros and cons of each, Leane finally decided on the Farfallina Butterfly Mask. Putting it back on, Leane turned towards the attendants, Jenny, Joanna, Georjiano, and Paolo, who had just walked in while Leane was debating over the two.

"You look wonderful, mia cara. Truly magnificent. The man you choose for the Ball will be truly lucky indeed. Now, let us look through the books and decide what shall be best for your hair, shall we?" asked Paolo as he took Leane's hand in his and led her towards a couch that the attendants had placed stacks of books near.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-07-2009, 04:23 AM

"Can we stop with the whole ball thing?" Matthew asked, shrugging out of his jacket. "Its not as if Leane's going to call my name tomorrow and I won't be going stag." He said, moving to the closet to change back into his street clothes.

"What's wrong with him?" Gena whispered to Ben though he didn't get a chance to answer before Matthew was back in the room.

"Thanks for the clothes Jack but I'm heading out. Ben you can get Gena a ride right?" He asked.

"Course, my brother will pick us up." Ben said, his face contorted with concern.

"Bye." Matthew said, nodding to his friends before making his way back up the stairs and to his car. Driving back to his house, Matthew stormed to his room and fell back against his bed to stare at the ceiling. Stupid photographic memory... He pondered as he realized that he would never be able to get the image of Gena in her dress out of his mind.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-07-2009, 04:58 AM

Looking over the books, Leane sighed, "Paolo, I can't decide. All the styles look gorgeous, but I don't think they'd work with my wavy, thick hair. What do you suggest? You're the artist, here. Make me a masterpiece," Leane teased as she stood up and slowly twirled in front of Paolo.

Paolo laughed as he watched Leane, "Leane, my darling girl, I believe you look perfect just as you are. If we simply pull the side back a bit, add a touch of glitter on your chest, shoulders, face and hair, you'd look stunning and would glisten as the light shone upon your body in the candlelit ballroom."

Leane laughed, "What ever you say, Paolo. I'll leave everything to you. I'll see you at six o'clock Saturday night?"

"Of course, Lee," Paolo smiled as he took her hand and kissed it. Paolo had been with Georjiano since Leane was merely six years old and had grown to love Leane as much as Georjiano did and thought of her like the child he could never have. "Have you decided on your jewelry yet, my dear?"

Leane nodded, "Yes. Grandmother's pearl pendant with the sapphire center along with the pearl earrings that match. Simple, yet the classic elegant. Do you think it will go alright?"

Paolo nodded, "I think it will look perfect. It will offset your streaks and will accent the gown and mask beautifully."

Leane grinned as she hugged Paolo and then rushed off to change out of her gown, placing the mask on the table in front of Paolo.

Georjiano laughed as he stood behind Paolo and draped his arms loosely around Paolo's neck, placing a tender kiss upon his cheek as he murmured softly, "You praise her too much, Paolo."

"Perhaps, but she's a true beauty. It's hard not to compliment her, mio caro," Paolo replied softly as he brought Georjiano's hand to his lips, "Besides, it's no different than you spoiling her with all the clothing you design for her and have her model at your shows."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-07-2009, 05:06 AM

"What was that?" Gena asked, still dressed in the costume.

"Oh, come off it Gena." Jack said rolling his eyes. "You tease him so much its driving Matt crazy." He said, sitting on the couch across from Ben.

"I'm joking with him. I didn't think he'd take it seriously." Gena sighed, sitting on a nearby chair and letting the skirt of the dress fan out around her.

"He likes you Gena." Ben said. "He's never thought of you as just a sister. He likes you."

"You're being ridiculous." Gena said, running back to the closet to change. "He doesn't think of me as more then a sister." She yelled to the boys, her voice muffled by the door. "You're insane."

"You're the insane one." Ben said when Gena came back wearing her jeans and t-shirt. "Its killing him that you're going to the ball with some guy from your chem lab. He wanted to go with you." he said, earning a skeptical glance from Gena.

"Why do you think that we signed him up for that contest?" Jack asked. "It was to cheer him up from not being able to go with you. How could you not have known?"

"Oh my God." Gena said, sinking into the chair again.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-07-2009, 05:22 AM

Leane sighed as she came out carrying the dress, "Paolo, Georjiano, do you think I'll really look alright in this? It's not too much? It doesn't clash?"

Georjiano immediately rushed over to her and hushed her, "None of that talk, da'ling. You look fantastic in that gown."

"Really Lee! Matt's going to think you look stunning when he sees you!" added Jenny with a grin.

Winking at Jenny, Joanna added, "His jaw will drop and so will his arrogance once he sets eyes on you. He won't be able to leave your side and he'll fall madly in love with you!"

Jenny and Joanna then turned towards each other and began to waltz and they took on the roles of Leane (Joanna) and Matt (Jenny).

"You look beautiful, Leane," said Jenny in a deep voice.

Giggling, Joanna replied dreamily, "Thank you Matt, you look pretty handsome yourself."

"Would it be alright if I kiss you?"

"Sure, I'd love nothing more," said Joanna as she puckered up.

Jenny placed her hand over Joanna's mouth and then kissed her hand before pulling away and laughing hysterically.

Leane glared at them both as she handed her gown to the attendant to box up. Ignoring both girls, Leane stormed out of the room.

Joanna and Jenny then turned to the curious, and very much intrigued, Paolo and Georjiano and explained all about what happened at school, not leaving out a single detail.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-07-2009, 05:29 AM

"But he's never said anything." Gena sighed, trying to pass off her shock as disbelief.

"Would you have told if you were in his shoes. He's been tortured for weeks trying to figure out how to ask you and now he finds out that you're going with your lab partner. Not the easiest situation to ask you to go with him." Ben said.

"I want to go home now." Gena said quietly. "You'll take me home right?" She asked Ben.

"Of course. Let's go." Ben said, standing up. "See ya tomorrow for the big reveal." He said to Jack with a smile.

"Later guys." Jack said, reaching for his homework and setling into the couch.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-07-2009, 05:35 AM

Storming out of the Boutique with her dress box in hand, the mask box and shoe box sitting on top of it, Leane threw open her rear door and placed the boxes inside on the seat while the girls got into their seats.

Slamming the door shut, Leane threw opened her door, slid into her seat, threw her purse in the back, shoved her sunglasses onto her face, and started the engine, furious with both of her friends.

Jenny sighed, "Lee, we were just having fun.."

"We didn't mean to upset you this much..." added Joanna.

Leane rolled her eyes and pulled out onto the street, heading for home, "Honestly, you two are the worst. How could you even joke about something like that? The guy's a creep. He's a freak and a total jerk and I can't stand him!"

Jenny and Joanna exchanged a look of 'Yeah right!' but kept quiet as Leane went on a rant about Matt once again.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-07-2009, 05:40 AM

Matt stared miserably at his ceiling. He didn't know how much time had passed and yet he couldn't bother himself to look over at the clock.

~-~-~

"How could you guys not have told me?" Gena argued. "You just let him be all upset and you didn't even tell me. Not even a hint!" She seethed.

"It wasn't our place but we realized that once he had gotten so upset it was time you figured it out." Ben said as his brother drove them to Gena's house.

"You told her about Matthew liking her?" Kale asked as he turned onto Gena's street.

"Kale knows!" Gena screamed. "You told your brother but not me."

"In all fairness we didn't tell him anything." Ben laughed. "He's just not as oblivious as you are." He joked, earning a smack on the shoulder.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-07-2009, 05:52 AM

Pulling into her drive, Leane was still rambling on about Matt. Pulling into her garage, Leane sighed as she turned off the car, got out, grabbed her dress, mask, purse, and shoes from the back, and stormed into the house - Jenny and Johanna in tow.

"Lee, come on! Quit being so stubborn! We know very well you find him attractive!"

"Really, Leane," added Jenny, "You haven't talked of another subject outside of Paolo and the outfit all afternoon!"

Josh looked up from the pot he stood in front of, cooking pasta for dinner for the four of them, and watched Leane storm through to the staircase and heard her storm up the stairs and slam her door shut.

Looking at Jenny and Joanna who simply stayed in the kitchen and sat on the stools at the island counter, Josh inquired while stirring the pasta, "What's wrong with her? Who's the guy she's crushing on? I thought there wasn't any 'men' in her school and they were all boys she couldn't stand? Am I missing something?"

Jenny and Joanna laughed as Josh spoke his thoughts and then explained everything that had happened that afternoon, "... so she's definitely interested, don't you think?"

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-07-2009, 06:01 AM

"I'll see you tomorrow." Gena said, hurrying out of the car and running into her house.

"Drama queen." Kale sighed, putting the car in reverse.

"Why is everyone stealing my title?" Ben asked, his voice heavy with false disappointment.

"You are the weirdest little brother ever." Kale laguehd, ruffling his brother's hair.

~-~-~

"Matt?" Matthew heard his mother ask from the doorway. "Supper is ready. Are you hungry. I made hamburgers and french fries." She said.

"I'm starved actually." Matthew said with a smile, his stomach growling at the idea of food. "Do you have pickles for the burgers?" He asked, getting off his bed and heading to the kitchen.

"In the fridge." His mother answered.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-07-2009, 06:13 AM

Josh laughed as he drained the pasta, "Sounds like it to me. But how do you plan on getting them together? Do you think he's interested? I mean, their ways of life are so polar, they clash more than they connect."

Jenny grinned as she helped Josh prepare the Chicken Parmesan dinner, "Way ahead of you. We plan on rigging the contest to where Matt is sure to win."

Joanna then filled him in on their plan as they finished preparing dinner.

Josh laughed, "Sounds to me like you've thought of everything! I hope it works, it'll be good for Leane to find someone who won't wait on her hand and foot."

Bringing the plates, napkins, and silverware to the table, Josh called up to Leane, "LEE! DINNER'S READY!"

Joanna and Jenny followed in with the glasses, ice-water, and Chicken Parmesan as Leane stormed down the stairs and plopped into her chair, her arms crossed as her plate, silverware, and glass was set in front of her.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 07-07-2009 at 06:15 AM..

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-07-2009, 06:26 AM

Matthew ate his hamburger greedily, enjoying the crunch of the pickles. "So how wa syour day?" His mother coaxed. "Do you have a date for the dance Saturday?"

"No mom. I don't." Matthew retorted angrily, his good mood from the burger ruined. "Gena's going with her lab partner. Ben and Jack are going stag and hoping to meet girls there. And I'm not going to go alone. I'm going to stay home by myself." He said angrily, finishing his burger and putting the plate in the sink before going back to his room and slamming his door for good measure.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-07-2009, 06:46 AM

Filling her plate with food, Leane stabbed at her meal while Jenny, Joanna, and Josh ignored her and made pleasant conversation.

Leane rolled her eyes as she finished her meal, leaving her dishes where they were and storming back up to her room. Throwing herself on her bed, Leane sighed as she stared up at her ceiling, "What on earth is the matter with me! Why can't I stop thinking about that wretched freak! I never gave him one thought before today.."

Thinking of how he looked as he fought with her made Leane grin and giggle softly. Slapping her forehead, Leane pushed the thoughts of him from her mind and closed her eyes, resting her forearm across her eyes. Unfortunately, it only brought Matt's image to her eyes as she started noticing him in almost every class she had. The more she tried to divert her attention by thinking of other things - such as her art class, her music class, her piano - the more she noticed Matt in the background in nearly all of her classes. Quiet, yet still seen if you bothered to notice.

Groaning, Leane flopped over on her bed and screamed into her comforter, agitated that she couldn't get Matt of her brain. 'Besides,' Leane thought, 'I don't even like him.. right?'

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-07-2009, 06:51 AM

Matthew sighed, falling back against his bed. The mattress groaned from the stress and Matthew felt the lumps hit his back. "Stupid uncomfortable junk." He murmured, moving to a less painful position.

Matthew picked up his phone, quickly dialing Ben's number. "Hey." He heard Ben's voice say. Or at least something resembling Ben's voice as it seemed like his mouth was stuffed with food.

"Why did you sign me up for this stupid thing?" Matthew asked miserably. "Now I have a stupid costume and mask for a dance I'm not even going to. You know I'm going to be stuck on my couch watching reruns all night and you had to go and get me all stressed out of Leane." Matthew sighed. "She's such a brat. You couldn't have tried to hook me up with a nice normal girl?"

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-07-2009, 07:31 AM

Leane sighed as she stood up and walked to her bathroom. After washing the make-up from her face, Leane started a hot bath and poured strawberry scented bubbles into the tub. While she waited for the tub to fill, Leane brushed her hair until it was soft and put it into a high-ponytail before using another hair-tie to put it into a messy bun.

Stripping down, Leane shut off the faucet and slipped into the water. Leaning her head against the small towel that was draped against the edge of the tub, Leane sunk into the water and relaxed as the strawberry scent consumed her, causing her to momentarily forget about what happened today and focus only on the water, the bubbles, and the gown/mask ensemble.

Thinking of the gown/mask ensemble Georjiano had designed for her, however, only brought back thoughts of Matt. His arrogant smirk, his sarcastic tone, his eyes... Man, were his eyes gorgeous. He reminded her of one of those guys in the Romance movies that are so bloody handsome you can't help but look at them when they come on the screen, yet in the movie they're one of those 'behind the scenes non-main character' that no one notices until the main character starts falling for them.

Laughing, Leane rolled her eyes and mentally smacked herself, chiding herself for comparing him to one of those dreamy actors she usually gushes over. "There's no way he's that handsome.. Why the hell am I even thinking like this?! What's the matter with me?"

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 07-08-2009 at 03:52 AM..

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-09-2009, 01:37 AM

Matthew sighed as he watched his ceiling. "There's no way she'll even pick my name." He mumbled to himself. "Then I'm just an idiot with a mask." He said. "She's such a princess." Matthew continued, talking only to himself. He was briefly reminded of the princess in fairytales. "But not that kind. The annoying, bratty, spoiled, beautiful-" He said before his head snapped back to what he had just said. "Beautiful? Well pretty but not, maybe." He sighed, placing his face into a pillow. "I'm talking to myself." He sighed patheticly into the cotton fabric.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2009, 01:58 AM

Dressed for bed in silk pajamas, Leane continued to dry her hair with a towel as she headed downstairs, knowing very well her friends would still be there.

Smiling when she saw them, Leane sighed, "Okay, I'm done being angry with you two. Just.. don't mention you-know-who again, alright?"

Jenny nodded as she ran over and hugged Leane, "Of course! Of course! We really are sorry, Lee. We were just having some fun!"

Leane laughed, "It's alright Jen, I promise."

Joanna smiled as she hugged Leane, "And we promise, we won't mention him again."

Leane nodded, "Alright. Now you two had better be off and getting the hat ready. Big day tomorrow!"

Jenny winked at Joanna before smiling at Leane, "Yes! And maybe you'll get Joe Collins!"

"The quarterback?"

"Duh! Only the most gorgeous guy on the foot ball team! Geeze, Lee, don't you pay any attention to them when you're cheering?" teased Joanna.

Leane laughed, "Of course not! I'm not interested in any of them, you know that."

"Not being interested doesn't mean you can't look," added Jenny with a giggle.

Rolling her eyes, Leane shooed the girls out the door before heading back up to her room and picking out an outfit for the following day. Josh had already went to bed after getting a call from their father - telling them that his flight got moved up so he wouldn't be able to make it home in time, but he wanted to have pictures sent to his blackberry the night of the ball so he could see Leane in the gown when she was completely ready.

Leane was a bit disappointed, for she was very excited to show off her gown, but at least she had her outfit ready and her father would see it even while on business. All she had to do was make it through the night being the date of some jock from school.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-09-2009, 02:08 AM

Matthew sighed, deciding never let himself have a full conversation unless it was with some one else. He slipped out of his jeans and t-shirt and pulled on a pair of sweatpants. Matthew moved under his covers when the phone rang unexpectedly.

"Hey." Ben's voice said sheepishly, a very uncharacteristic trait for Ben, when Matthew picked up is phone.

"What's going on?" Matthew asked, curious at Ben's shyness.

"So don't be mad, kay?" Ben said quietly. "Uhm, I may have spilled the beans to Gena about your little crush." He said and was met by silence.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Matthew hissed, hanging up the phone and willing himself to fall asleep before his anger got out of control.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2009, 02:24 AM

Finally having an outfit decided, Leane slipped under her fluffy blankets and into her silk sheets. Curling up with her Eeyore stuffed animal, something she's slept with since she was a toddler and has never gotten rid of due to being the last gift she ever received from her grandmother before she died, Leane fell asleep, her dreams 'plagued' with 'nightmares' of having to go to the dance with Matthew Sommers.

---------

The next moring, Leane awoke to her brother's knock on the door and the smell of Eugile's cooking floating up the stairs.

"I'm up, I'm up! I'll be down shortly!" Leane's called into her pillow before forcing herself out of bed. Heading to the bathroom, Leane did all that she needed to do in there and emerged brushing her hair. Throwing it up into a messy bun, Leane stripped and changed into the outfit she had laid out the previous night.

In minutes she was down the stairs and sitting at the island counter - bacon, scrambled eggs, peanut butter toast, and orange juice awaiting her.

Before Josh headed off to work, he and Leane talked of her plans for the day. After wishing her luck with the drawing, Josh headed to his part-time job at the local hardware store - a job he got simply out of boredom.

Leane sighed after finishing her breakfast, "Thanks Eugile, it was amazing as usual." Giving a smile at Eugile, Leane picked up her things and headed out to her car, mentally preparing herself for the torture of the drawing.

What Leane didn't know, was that the previous night Joanna had made a 'fake' drawing hat filled with only Matt's name. When it came time for Leane to draw, she'd draw from that hat - but when it came time for double checking the names? The hat would already be burned and the actual hat would be in it's place.