hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 01-18-2012, 01:17 AM

" Doctor Greystone is ready for you. Please follow me. " The nurse said with a smile.

Linda was waiting for Doctor Greene, and Mr. Johnson to arrive. She hoped this consult went well.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-18-2012, 01:50 AM

Ted nodded and followed the nurse to the examination room. When he got there, he saw Dr. Graystone.

"Whew, I made it on time," Ted said to himself as he sat down on the examination table and waited for Dr. Greene to come.

"So we're just waiting for Dr. Greene now, huh?" Ted said as he just wanted to get this done with.

Ted hoped the surgery wouldn't case him so much pain as the last one he had at age twenty. That one almost put his whole life on hold for a whole year.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-18-2012, 02:10 AM

" Yep. We are. He's running a little late. " She said with a smile.

Ten minutes later , Doctor Greene came in the room and introduced himself to Ted and to Linda. He sat down and explained how the surgery would go and the outcome that could be expected. He knew this procedure was a new one, but was encouraged by the results he had seen.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-19-2012, 12:05 AM

Ted smiled and knew surgeons had a busy schedule on their hands.

After Ted heard Dr. Greene explain about the procedure and the surgery, Ted wanted to ask a few questions.

"How long is my recovery time during the surgery, also what are the risks?" Ted asked as he wanted to know these things, "Also would I still need my leg brace or cane?"

Ted hope this surgery was a success and didn't end up like the last one he had in his twenties. While he was thinking, Ted had a flash back from the last surgery he had and it nearly caused him pain for life.

Last edited by Dottie Mae Evans; 01-19-2012 at 12:39 AM..

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-19-2012, 12:31 AM

" Recovery time would be 4 to 6 weeks at most. The risk is that you would be in greater pain than you are now. You might still need your cane at times , but we hope you won't need the leg brace." Doctor Greene said.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-19-2012, 12:43 AM

"So there is a chance that I could be in more pain then I am in now?" Ted ask Dr. Greene as he was wondering if the surgery was worth it, "At least the recovery time isn't three months or more."

Then Ted realized it was because he couldn't take the pain he was in now, and maybe this surgery will be the last one hopefully.

"I hope this surgery will be the one," Ted said as he was nervous, "I remember one surgery were both my legs were in casts for a bit. Although one recovered and one didn't."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-19-2012, 01:23 AM

" There is a chance , but it is a small one. I promise you that this surgery will be a success. I hope you agree to have it. " Doctor Greene said.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-19-2012, 01:31 AM

"Ok, I am willing to take the chance," Ted said as he agreed to go on with the surgery, "I am pretty much use to pain by now anyways."

Ted knew that it was either surgery or eventually bust his kneecap. He didn't want to bust his kneecap so he decided that surgery was a better option and the only one. He thought he would be able to lose the cane that way he wouldn't be compared to House, but that wasn't going to happen. Ted was ok with that though, at least he wasn't called cyborg like one of his other co-workers. his co-worker Larry can give out mean nicknames sometimes. Although it Larry wasn't intentionally being mean, that is just in his nature to joke around like that.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-19-2012, 02:10 AM

" I will have my office call both you and Doctor Greystone with the date of the surgery. She will be the one to prescribe pain medication afterwards." Doctor Greene said as he finished up.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-19-2012, 02:21 AM

"Ok," Ted said as he got up for a minute to stretch, "Now I can tell my supervisor the exact details now. At least I won't be off for three months per se. At least I hope not."

Ted then sat back down and rubbed his knee. Ted then looked at the time and remembered he only had half a day off today and hope he wouldn't be late to work. He got up and asked Dr. Greystone if they were done.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-19-2012, 02:34 AM

" We are done for today. I hope to see you at the library though. " She said with a smile.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-19-2012, 03:02 AM

"You will until the surgery," Ted said as he smiled at Dr. Greystone as he got up and walked out of the examination room.

Ted headed to his car and then drove off to work. When he got there he told his supervisor the news. Then he told some of his co-workers. Larry wasn't joking around with Ted this time.

"I hope you won't be in pain," Larry said as he had a flash back from his past, "knee surgery isn't something I can poke fun at."

"That's a shocker," Ted said as he drank some coffee, "usually your poking fun at everything. Even at our co-worker you call that given that nickname too."

"Well let's say I almost had to have knee surgery done on my knee," Larry said as he sighed, "Good thing I was able to get a non-surgical procedure done."

"Oh now that you mention it, I do remember you telling me that you fought in a war," Ted said as he felt a sharp pain in his leg.

Larry nodded and after awhile he kind of felt bad for calling that one co-worker cyborg, although he though it was funny at the time.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-19-2012, 02:55 PM

Linda smiled as he left and went through the rest of the appointments she had. It was a few days later and sje had the day off. Linda needed to return the books she borrowed and headed to the library. She hoped that Mr. Johnson was working today.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-21-2012, 02:43 AM

Ted was working at the library that day. He happened to be in Fine Arts that day as well. Ted was at the desk relaxing and just surfing on the web. While on the web, he was looking on his Facebook when no one was pay any attention As soon as patrons started coming to his desk, he logged off quickly and started helping them.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-21-2012, 03:02 AM

Linda went and returned the books and decided to see if there were other cookbooks the she would like. She waved when she saw Mr Johnson , hoping he was doing well. She had recently gotten the call when his surgery was , hoping Dr Greene's office had notified him also.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-28-2012, 08:31 PM

Ted waved back and then went back to sorting the book cart. Ted wondered when the library page was going to come and shelve the DVDs, because the library page was already thirty late and the DVDs were piling up. Ted sighed and was hoping he didn't have to shelve the DVDs. Ted didn't mind shelving them when he isn't in pain, but today Ted was in pain and he didn't want to do anymore work than he had to.

Ted did get the time and the date of the surgery, but he wished it was a tad bit sooner though.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-29-2012, 04:50 AM

Linda looked at the DVDs that she might want to borrow. There were some movies there that she hadnt seen in years and couldn't find in the store yet. She picked one out to watch tonight and went to the fine arts section to see if Mr Johnson was there today.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 02-04-2012, 03:03 AM

Ted was in Fine Arts today and the library page still wasn't there to shelve the DVDs. Ted was not too happy about that. Ted wondered if he could get another page to shelve them, but the DVDs will pile up by then. So Ted decided to wait until his pain level went down before he start shelving DVDs. While waiting Ted noticed Dr. Greystone from a distance and smiled as he saw her.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 02-04-2012, 03:55 AM

Linda picked out a book from the new section and smiled when she saw Mr. Johnson. She hoped he was doing well today.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 02-05-2012, 01:44 AM

Ted smiled back and after waiting for a bit, he knew another page wouldn't show up any time soon. So Ted ended up shelving the DVDs himself. Ted was going to ask his co-worker Lizzy to see if she can shelve them, but unfortunately for him Lizzy was helping Ms. Liz with Anime game day. Ted pushed the DVD cart to one of the DVD shelves and started shelving the DVDs. Ted was glad that library system didn't get rid of all the pages, because if they have done that... Ted then would have to shelve the DVDs and books himself.

A group of the neighborhood teens saw Ted shelving DVDs and they made remarks to themselves about Ted. Then Wanda the security guard came over to the teens and said, "Y'all be nice now, or I'll throw y'all out like I did the last time."
"She is gonna shoot us with her gun..." One of the teens joked as they were walking away.
"She doesn't carry a gun, you---" The other teen said as he punched his friend.
"Be glad I don't carry one," Wanda mumbled under her breath that way no one could clearly hear her.

Last edited by Dottie Mae Evans; 02-06-2012 at 02:35 PM..

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 02-06-2012, 01:19 AM

Linda saw the exchange as she was looking at books. She hoped she would get to say hello to mr Johnson before she checked out.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 02-06-2012, 02:46 PM

Ted was almost done shelving the cart of DVDs, he just had two more DVDs to shelve and finally the page came. The library page came up to Ted and said, "Sorry I am late, that One Piece anime special was awesome!"

"Ok... You can get away with that with Ms. Liz, but with me you'll get extra work. The books that just came in need shelving and you are going to shelve all of them plus the rest of the DVDs," Ted said as he was kind of aggravated with the library page, "Also I will be reporting you to your supervisor, Carol Glenn."

"No, not Mrs. Glenn! I don't want to be fired, Ted!" The library page said, "I thought we were cool, because uh... Lizzy is your cousin..."

Ted just gave the library page a discontented glare and then said, "Fabian... If you ever say that again, I'll make sure you are fired the next time."

The library page was shocked and scared at this point, then he did exactly what Ted told him to do. The library page thought to himself, "I am so going to tell Lizzy what her Dr. House/Forest Gump cousin said to me."

Ted finished with the cart of DVDs and went back to the Fine Arts desk. Just as he was pushing the cart back to the desk, he noticed Dr. Greystone and decided to say hello to her, "Hello Dr. Greystone, how are you today?"

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 02-07-2012, 03:26 PM

" I'm good, thank you." How are you today Mr. Johnson?" She asked with a smile, hoping he was well.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 02-10-2012, 01:46 AM

"I am all right, just the usual," Ted said as he smiled lightly, "Did you find everything that you were looking for today?"

In reality Ted was in pain and he should had called in sick today, but he wanted to work as many days as he can before his medical leave. The pain pills weren't helping Ted today and Ted was just trying rough it till closing. His page, Fabian was complaining while he was shelving books and DVDs. His friend Michael was telling him, "See... I told you Ted wasn't one you should mess with."

"But Michael, Lizzy is his cousin and I am Lizzy's friend, so that should give me extra points." Fabian said.

"Nope, that doesn't matter in the work world. Family members tend to keep distant when they are working in the same environment," Michael replied.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 02-10-2012, 06:56 PM

" Yep I did." Linda said with a smile. She hoped he was well today . She knew the surgery was fast approaching .