Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-02-2013, 02:21 AM

"Ah," Key reached for a pocket to grab a slip of paper so he could write down the information for the gallery, but realized he was still in costume and had no such thing. Not that he usually had paper on him anyway. He just liked to think he did. "I'll remember that. Kindred Gallery. Maybe I'll swing by next weekend."

He couldn't help but chuckle at Lorn's reaction. Maybe it wasn't a total turn off that Key was a gamer. It was a bit cute how fail the other man sounded with games. "I'll keep my Nintendo 64 away from you then. I've come to think of it as my baby," he said with a grin.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-02-2013, 03:08 AM

Seeing her searching for something, he frowned a little before realizing that busy as she was ... The chances of her remembering things were rather slim seeming. Wordlessly, he reached into his pocket to give Key a business card. He always seemed to carry them out of pure habit. "So you have an interest in art?" It was a little tidbit of information he intended to store away the moment it was confirmed.

A sheepish expression slipped across his features at Key's laughter, though the sound delighted him. "ine ended up with juice covering it, and ice cream in the worst places possible. " His mind veered off to the implications of Key's words. It was too much to hope for that he would get a chance to spend that much time with Key, so he stamped that down and shoved the thought aside.

The man glanced at his watch, and sighed. It was getting late, and he needed to work early the next morning, but he was so reluctant to leave...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-02-2013, 04:34 AM

Key took the business card gladly and perched it in between a few of the roses. "It's more of an interest in creativity than art specifically," he explained. It wasn't something easily explainable as he'd noticed, the way he didn't care for what the art object was, just the idea of creativity that went into it.

He had to shake his head at Lorn. There was definitely no letting this guy near his game room. He actually had a whole room for game playing in his small house. When Key noticed that Lorn was looking at his watch, he decided it was about time for this conversation to end. "If you need to leave, go ahead."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-02-2013, 09:43 PM

Key always seemed to say things to puzzle Lorn. Her interest in creativity, rather then art, was just one of those strange little quirks she had. "I hope I'm there when you stop by, there are a few pieces I can think of that might interest you." It was an explanation and an admittance of his want to spend more time with her all at once. It was a rather irrational thing, wanting to spend more time with the lovely lady when he knew she was taken already, but the thought was still a nice one nonetheless.

At the mention of leaving, he nodded reluctantly. "I probably should... It's getting late, and I'm sure you would like to get changed out of your costume." He smiled a little. "Hopefully we'll be able to speak again during the weekend. I actually don't think I'll be able to come back during the week." Lorn searched for a way to explain himself. "My parents are going to get some artwork out of town, so I need to stay at the gallery to watch over things. I .. goodnight Key, sleep well." Lorn fidgeted a little, tugging at his shirt or his hair, while he stuck around just so he could hear Key's answer. He didn't want to leave before he truly had to.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-03-2013, 05:50 AM

Key nodded then gave a little finger wave and stepped back. "I understand. Until the weekend then," he said softly with a smile. He decided he would think of Lorn while he was performing. It was stupid irrational. But he had not felt like singing today thinking his admirer was not there. He did not think he would have the same problem tomorrow knowing beforehand the reasoning. This might actually be the definition of stupid irrational.

"Good night, Lorn." He turned and rushed back to the dressing rooms before the moment could turn into something from a Hallmark movie.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-03-2013, 06:31 PM

The blonde man found himself smiling at her words. He waved back awkwardly and turned away with the sound of her goodbye in his ears. Lorn could tell this friendship was going to bring him trouble. Key only saw him as a potential friend, she'd made that clear more then once. Though she said he misunderstood her relationship with her significant other, he still thought of the fact that she did have someone. It was all so frustrating! Even so, this new friendship made him smile and grin.

He was in a daze the rest of the week. Those three days went by slowly, and vanished form his mind when they were done like they had never been. Lorn tried to explain what was going on to his parents and his friends, but it was so hard to try and form the words. Besides, they thought his crush on someone he'd only ever seen on stage so far was silly, and unrealistic. That was a funny thought, considering what they did for a living.

When Saturday came, he made sure to be in the gallery. The blond man sat at the front desk as the usual attendant flitted about the art gallery, checking things off and sending him odd glances. Lorn was acting rather odd, he never volunteered to help out in the gallery unless he truly had to... And he didn't usually wear black hip hugging jeans and a navy blue t-shirt, with a tie of all things. The man looked like he was dressed to impress someone.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-04-2013, 04:54 AM

Key found himself noting the shows current itinerary. He kept it in mind as the week went on. After this there was only one more week of performances. He was beginning to think it was really good that he and Lorn were forming a relationship of sorts outside of the theater. Or would the end of the show be the end of the relationship. He felt a bit heavy at that thought.

When Saturday came around though, he felt so light he almost thought someone turned gravity off. he tied back the front edges of his hair with a strawberry clip--his favorite--and left the rest of it down. To dress normal or cute? He pondered that before slipping into a simple knee length skirt, blue stockings, and a sweater.

He arrived at the gallery an hour before noon, a scribbling of directions in hand. He let out a bright smile the second he saw Lorn and flounced to the front desk. "I almost thought I wouldn't find this place!" he exclaimed.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-04-2013, 04:59 PM

Lorn lifted his head as he heard the open, and found himself grinning at the sight of Key waltzing inside. There was something a little off about the woman, but he dismissed it. He wasn't used to seeing her without her stage clothes, and it was odd, but pleasantly so. Key looked so cute, dressed as she was. "But you got here anyway," stated Lorn as he stepped out from behind the counter.

"So, what would you like to see first?" He caught the attendant's curious gaze and sighed. Now there were sure to be rumors starting to fly around, but strangely enough he didn't mind. The manager turned his head this way and that trying to see what part of the gallery might interest Key the most. Probably the sculptures and abstract paintings, there was so much movement held within them..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-05-2013, 05:46 AM

Key nodded to Lorn. He tried not to be nervous, knowing that he might not be what the other man expected, but he had pulled his sleeves over his fingertips anyway. He always did that when he was nervous. It didn't help that he could feel someone staring from a distance. He didn't turn his head to look though. He wasn't going to acknowledge that he was the subject of someone's curiosity.

He waved a hand. "You know the art. Show me what you want first. It's not like we won't see it all in the end," he said with a grin. He tilted a head to the side slightly. "Perhaps you can show me what you like?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-05-2013, 04:59 PM

The atmosphere of the art gallery seemed to change as Lorn motioned for Key to follow him. The rooms were less oppressive somehow, and filled with light. It danced off the walls, and made the sculptures Lorn guided his guest to seem to move, though in truth the warm wooden shapes stood still. Some were on pedestals, others rested directly upon the floor; each one was sinuous, and somewhat sensuous as well in a way that made the blond tilt his head towards Key.

They reminded him just a little of her dancing. "These ...remind me a little of you," admitted Lorn in a near whisper. He hoped she hadn't heard, but with his luck Key probably had. He was so distracted that he failed to hear the usual commotion his artist friend, Emmery, always brought with him wherever he went. Luckily they were in another room, for the moment at least.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-06-2013, 04:21 AM

Key was interested in the sculptures even before he was close enough to get the best of looks at them. There was a spontaneous sort of fluidity in them. It might have been his eyes tricking him, but he thought he save something human about the way the seemed to move. He was sure the wood must have been something living in a previous life.

He turned to look at Lorn at hearing his whisper. Or maybe Key was just hearing things. In most cases, that would be the sort of thing you'd only imagine to hear. But he was beginning to expect such things from Lorn. He might have gaped a little, felt his heart flutter because that was definitely a compliment, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he turned his attention to the noise coming from another room.

"What's going on over there?" he asked.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-06-2013, 04:36 PM

A light blush swept over the man's features when he noticed the way Key had been staring at him. Apparently, his words hadn't been as secretive as he'd hoped. Lorn was almost relieved upon hearing his friend's commotion moving passed the entrance of the gallery... Until he felt an all too familiar weight barreling into him. "Emmery! How many times have I told you not to do that?" His blush had only deepened and he turned his head to hide that fact from Key. It was so embarrassing!

Emmery, dressed in a mishmash of second hand clothing that hung from his lanky frame in bright swatches, turned his blue eyed gaze to Key. A twitch of his lips showed his sudden amusement. "Oh sorry, didn't know you had finally broken out of your shell. You managed to find a real pretty dude, for your first boyfriend." The artist had no trouble discerning that little fact as he glanced at the stage actor.

Head whipping about, he glared at Emmery."Get it through that thick skull of yours, I'm not interested in men and Key is a kind and sweet lady."

"You mean you think he's a she? Man ... Love really is blind."

"Enough insults Emmery, get out of here!" Lorn took a step toward his friend, and shoved the brunette's shoulders lightly. "I won't hear anymore of this."

The artist shrugged and walked away with a nonchalant wave of his hand. Lorn turned to Key and bit his lower lip. Now what was he supposed to say after such an accusation had been made? "Don't take what he said to heart ... Emmery can be really odd sometimes, and brash." With a friend like Emmery, what need was there of enemies? None at all, in Lorn's opinion.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-08-2013, 01:21 AM

At first, Key turned to look at the interesting person who walked into the room then practically plowed Lorn over. He took a step back awkwardly and just watched the events unfold. But the more the conversation progressed, the more awkward he became. A tiny gasp escaped him as this Emmery person called him out of being a guy. He pulled his arms close to his chest and covered his held his hands up in front of his mouth. He was starting to turn pink. He couldn't even say a word in denial or approval.

When Lorn turned to Key, he very carefully avoided his gaze. What should he do? Would Lorn be suspicious now? Or was he that oblivious. No, no one was that oblivious. "I don't think we should do this..." he muttered.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-08-2013, 04:25 AM

"Key, what do you mean?" Unthinkingly, Lorn moved towards the woman and reached out to brush a gently hand through her hair. "Please don't let what he said upset you..." Concern filled the man's voice as he regarded Key. All he wanted to do was give her comfort, but he couldn't. Lorn was almost tempted to stomp away, and actually pummel his friend for upsetting Key so.

It broke his heart to see the happiness swept away from her graceful features. It was such a horrible contrast to her usual demeanor.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-08-2013, 05:04 AM

Key flinched slightly when Lorn touched his hair, but it actually calmed him some. He wanted to listen to the other man's comforting words and pretend this didn't happen. He didn't think Lorn figured anything out, but it wasn't right to pretend things like this if others could see if so easily. He didn't understand. Everyone assumed he was a girl. How could this one guy tell with a glance.

"you don't know anything. No, of course you don't. I haven't said it," Key started. "Ugh, it wasn't supposed to be this hard to be a woman." He shook his head. He really wanted to yell it out right then that he was a guy, but this place was too public. He could already feel eyes on them. What was he going to do?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-08-2013, 09:53 PM

Key seemed so upset. The manager thought for a few seconds before reached out and grabbing one of Key's hands in his own. Lorn walked briskly into another area of the building, one rarely visited by anyone save himself. It was the part of the gallery holding Emmery's earliest works. Exuberant, full of color, each one was too wild and untamed for the faint of heart. It was why most people tended to stay away; they preferred calmer, soothing, paintings.

"What's wrong Key? What did you mean?" He didn't suspect anything. Trusting people blindly was one of Lorn's fault, one which had led to the current situation. Doubting Key's word was an alien concept to him... His eyes spoke of that trust as he turned to glance at the person he still thought of as a woman.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-08-2013, 11:09 PM

Though he was surprised, Key let himself be pulled to an area that was otherwise empty. Once he realized that was where they were going, he was grateful. For a second he had been worried that he'd overly upset Lorn. He stared into the other man's earnest and trusting eyes. Finally he took a deep breath. They were alone now. Who would hear it? He really needed to say it though.

"Look, I've got something really important to say. You probably won't like me much once I say--" He was cut off by the sudden sound of his phone going off. Key's mouth clamped shut. "Dammit," he muttered under his breath before taking a step back and answering the call from his older sister.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 PM

Worry flitted through his mind. Had he done something wrong? Key certainly looked upset. It was all Emmery's fault for bursting in like that, and calling her a man. Lorn felt his expression freeze when Key began speaking. What did she mean, he wouldn't like her much after she'd spoken? Lorn couldn't think of anything that might deflect his affections.

The room seemed too empty now. There weren't any words or smiles to fill the space... It was downright depressing. "I-I'll leave now," murmured Lorn. "Seems like you're busy, and I need to check on something quick. If you want to find me, just ask anyone in the gallery. They'll point you my way." He shuffled away then, with a last glance at Key. The blond soon found himself sitting in his office, up on the second floor of the gallery, staring at his computer screen rather blankly.

She didn't want to be his friend, not even that. Why else would Key have spoken about Lorn growing to dislike her?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-09-2013, 01:59 AM

Key listened numbly to his sister's newest information about their mom. She was the only one who would pass information onto him as he didn't speak with his mom himself, but he couldn't find any enthusiasm for it today. Normally he would be so excited, but now he could only wordlessly watch as Lorn walked away.

"I-I, can you call me back later?" he asked his sister. But then he just stood there with his phone still in his hand. Even without revealing the truth, he seemed to have made Lorn dislike him. There was no way he could tell him now, or talk to him again. At least for the day, or maybe...well he didn't know for how long. He made his way out of the gallery quickly.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-09-2013, 06:03 PM

He didn't make his way to the theater for the rest of that week. Even so, Lorn couldn't stop himself from walking into the theater with roses in hand to see the last of Key's performances for this particular play. He wanted to apologize, for he thought he'd done wrong. Simply leaving Key as he had ... It bothered Lorn to think of what might have resulted from that.

The blond settled down upon in the front row as usual. Lorn watched with rapt attention as the play unfolded before his eyes.most of his attention rested with Key alone. As the curtain came down, the blond stood nervously. As before he walked closer to the stage in the hopes that Key might notice him, standing there with pink roses. He.d never been this nervous before, not even when he'd first spoken with Key.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 PM

Key was glad that he didn't see Lorn for the rest of the week. He still didn't know what he would say. But as the final performance started to near, he became more nervous. He wanted to avoid Lorn, but he realized that he didn't want to never see him again. He knew where the gallery was, but that seemed to awkward, desperate even.

He noticed right away that the other man was at the final performance. Key tried to do his best to focus on only the performance, but he couldn't help but perform with his eyes on Lorn rather than the whole audience. There was a confliction of feelings in his voice that he just couldn't keep out. It fit his character well and if the feelings weren't so real to him, he'd consider it his best acting.

After the performance, he very carefully approached Lorn. He didn't say anything, just stood in front of him.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-10-2013, 12:00 AM

Lorn caught himself wondering whether or not Key had actually been staring at him during the whole performance. The man shook his head slightly. No, that couldn't be; Key wouldn't have done that. As Key approached, still upon the stage it seemed, Lorn forced a smile to his lips and lifted the bouquet of flowers. "I-I'm sorry for just walking away like that before..." Rolling his eyes at himself, Lorn moved a hand from the roses to ruffle his unbound hair. "You were amazing tonight."

She had been so much more then that. Key had managed to steal the spotlight with her realistic performance. Each note had tugged at the heartstrings of the audience. Lorn had barely been able to listen with a straight face. The manager found himself debating about whether or not climbing up on stage to stand beside the actress would have been a good idea, but a glance from a nearby security guard doing his rounds made him change his mind. No ... he would just wait quietly while shifting from foot to foot.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-10-2013, 12:13 AM

Key sat down at the edge of the stage. It seemed like the right thing to do. He didn't really feel like standing and he was a little exhausted after such a passionate performance. "No...I'm sorry. I was acting weird the other day." He was still acting weird, but he tried not to show it too much. He let out a sigh. He realized he really didn't know what to say. "Can we talk elsewhere? I want to get out of this costume. Then maybe...a cafe?" he asked, really hoping that Lorn would agree.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-10-2013, 12:25 AM

Now a real smile broke out upon Lorn's features. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Where do you want me to wait while you change?" Once he'd finished speaking, he placed the flowers on Key's lap gently. The pink roses were meant for her after all, and he was afraid that he might end up making them shed all their petals. Lorn knew he'd swing the bouquet about as he waited for the actress if they were still in his hands by then.

It had been such a long time since he'd felt his heart pounding against his chest. Lorn didn't want to remember the person who'd wrought such a reaction in him, not then. Instead he started babbling a little. "And you shouldn't worry about last time Key ... Emmery can have that effect on people."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-10-2013, 12:38 AM

Key took the flowers and ran a finger over the soft pink of the petals. "You could go to the cafe first and wait there. There's one across the street and a little ways down, Petyr's Hole in the Wall," he said. He twisted one of the rose stems in his hand. "I'll try to meet there as quick as I can, okay?"