Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-29-2013, 04:26 PM

Under the water, he could hear the sounds of his own splashing. But he heard muffled sounds from the surface, he wondered if she was speaking to him. Unlikely, but what did it hurt to take a look. He poked his head out of the water, and saw Lulu relaxingly floating on the surface. He raised an eyebrow. "I thought you wanted to race."

Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 08-29-2013, 04:39 PM

"Uh..." She didn't need to admit that she was tired, did she? But she was. "Just a bit tired, sorry." She frowned and rolled onto her stomach, paddling lazily in the current. She really did feel quiet drained, but she didn't want to stop, and didn't want him to tell her to. Shaking her head she grinned, diving down into the water, splashing him as she did. Eyes open she dove all the way to the bottom, her feet kicking behind her. The water was mostly clear but little specks of dirt and sand, and whatever else, swirled up around her. She used the bottom to push herself off and down the stream, swimming under water until her lungs were burning, not surfacing until the very last second. Her head bobbed above the water a ways down from where she had started, scanning for a moment to see if he had followed. But she didn't wait around for him to catch up, instead she took off again, swimming on the surface as quick as she could, ignoring the burn in her arms, her feet kicked up water behind her as she went.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-29-2013, 05:11 PM

He watched her take off again, this time swimming most underwater. He shrugged and followed after her, swimming a bit faster this time. He hoped the lake wasn't that far off. He still had the bad habit of closing his eyes when he was underwater. And water, no matter how clean, always irritated his eyes when it made contact. Occasionally, he would stop to wipe the liquid of his eyes, and look to find out where he was.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-29-2013, 05:23 PM

Lulu continued a trend of alternating between swimming under water and on the surface, and the water got colder and a bit deeper as they near the lake. She had seen a few fish when she had opened her eyes under water, and wondered if they had any chance of catching them. Just as they neared the mouth of the stream where it emptied into the river she stopped and tread the water, she looked at the lake in front of her... it was huge, bigger than she thought it had been, and the stream had only gotten wider, the shore was well over fifteen feet away on either side. Before she could turn around and look for Ryker she heard him coming up, but he didn't stop. Did he seriously have his eyes closed? "Hey!" She moved to get out of the way, but she was sure she was too late.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-29-2013, 05:45 PM

Ryker was about to surface again when he smacked hard into something. He recognized it immediately, nothing else in the stream would feel like this. Swearing, he rose up from the water and the confirmed that he really did bump into her. He hadn't expected her to stop, as they haven't reached the lake yet. "Oops." He mumbled, "sorry." He hoped he didn't hurt her. But they did crash pretty hard, even his shoulder was hurting a bit.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-29-2013, 05:55 PM

Lulu rubbed her side while still trying to keep her feet and keep her head above water. he had hit her harder than she thought he would have, and it surprisingly hurt. "Who does that?" She tried to stay serious but she had a smirk on her face. Her legs were tired though, and she found herself putting on hand on his shoulder to help her keep her head up. Her other hand rubbed her side, and she winced a bit when she put some pressure on it. It wasn't too bad, but she knew it would likely be sore, and since she tended to bruise easily, she was sure it would look like hell in a few hours. "My bad, I shouldn't have stopped, I was just waiting for you to catch up, you're slow." She laughed, feeling pretty good about beating him. "Now you have to get me to shore, I'm too injured to swim." Okay, so that was a bit of a lie, she was more just tired than anything, but why not make him feel a bit guilty?

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-29-2013, 06:07 PM

He frowned, she had to use his shoulder for support, did he really hit her that hard? He couldn't see anything so he didn't even know where he hit her. He grunted, a little sour with himself. Signing, he put an arm around her waist for support. So much for swimming, he treaded the waters until his feet touched the floor. Then he pulled her along with himself out of water and up to the dry land. He had to bend the whole time because she was so short. He stared at the large lake, there wasn't much really, it was just a ordinary lake, although it was bigger than he imagined.

He turned his head to face her. "Should we go back now?" Or maybe she still wants to explore, he hoped not.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-29-2013, 06:22 PM

What extended out from the lake was just a huge expanse of fields, with tall grasses, bushes and a few small trees. She was actually grateful for the help, and leaned on him most of the time. Once they made it out of the water she pulled away and stood, looking around for a second. Her side was already feeling mostly better, just pretty sore, but her whole body ached. Her arms and legs burned from the swim. He wanted to go back? "Aww, and here I thought we were going to have a lovely picnic." She joked, grinning as she did. "You sure know how to treat a lady." With that she rolled her eyes. She grabbed one edge of the shirt she wore, wringing some of the water out, and pulled it and tied it just under her chest, leaving her pale stomach exposed. Despite her lack of regular meals she was thankful that she wasn't a skeleton, just a little thin. Poking at her right side she noticed the area was slowly getting dark, a bruise forming on nearly her whole side. "You're like a rock." She grumbled, poking at it and wincing each time. But she didn't stop.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-29-2013, 06:39 PM

Looking around, he chuckled. "If you want to eat grass for the picnic." When she rolled up her shirt to dry it, he saw the bruise on her side. He grimaced, he didn't think it would bruise her, and that much too. He felt bad for it, really. "Why are you touching it?" It looked painful and sore. If she made him carry her all the way back, he wouldn't object. He felt fine anyway, just sore here and there. He walked up to her, noticing that she was more thin than your average girl. She looked too frail. He held out a hand to her, if she needed assistance, he would give it.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-29-2013, 06:49 PM

She watched his face as he looked at her bruise, "Hey, I bruise really easily, don't worry about it. It doesn't even really hurt. unless I poke it." Which is what she did a few more times before looking at him. he held his hand out, but she wasn't sure what to do with it. Before she could decide what to do, she noticed out of the corner of her eye she noticed a tree that had green globe like things hanging from the branches. Was that really what she thought it was? She grinned and left him standing there as she hurried towards it. Apples. Her mouth watered at the thought, a good portion of her diet being fruit like this. She was thankful that they were not too far north, but then apple trees survived the winter, she found that out living near the mountains a few years ago.

She couldn't reach, they were too high up. "Hey, let me get on your shoulders!" She called, looking back over her shoulder. But impatiently she stretched on her toes, straining to try and reach. Her fingers brushed the lowest apple, but she couldn't grip it, and most others were even higher.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-29-2013, 08:02 PM

She left him behind to pursue an apple tree. Green apples, he's never had one before. He frowned, but they were apples, so they should take back a few. Lulu was too short to reach even the lowest apple, he laughed. Coming up from behind her, he picked the apple and handed to her. He hesitated taking her over his shoulders, the first time he did it, it was by surprise. But to do after being asked... kind of awkward. He shook his head, this was something he'll need too. Eating meat all day isn't the best either. He lowered himself. "Climb on."

Precarious Fool

Old 08-29-2013, 08:15 PM

She took the apple and bit into it, enjoying the taste. She wasn't even that hungry, but it was fantastic all the same. She wondered why he hesitated to put her up, after he had just done it before, god, he was as flakey as she was. She hopped up on his shoulders and waited for him stand. When he did she put the apple she had in her mouth and untied her shirt. Holding up the hem and picking the apples and putting them in there. "Higher." She tried to mumble around the apple in her mouth. They were a little small, but crisp and sweet. She had picked maybe ten, but she wanted more, she knew the others would want some. She could always come back.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-29-2013, 08:30 PM

She climbed onto his shoulders, the apple in already bitten. Not having a container for the apples, she used her shirt. Pulling the hem of the shirt upwards, she used it as the basket for all the apples. He heard her mumble something, he groaned. How can he understand when she's half eating and half talking? He looked up, the shirt blocking the majority of his view, but he could see she was trying to reach higher. He realized he hadn't been standing up completely straight, so he fixed his knees to give her maximum height. He would jump too, but that would result the apples falling and smashing his head. It's not like she could as many as she wanted, anyway.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-29-2013, 08:42 PM

She managed to squeeze a few more apples into the space in her shirt before they were all but spilling out. They would just have to come back later for more, this would be good anyways, she could snack all day on these and be happy. She held the apple in her mouth in her free hand, the other holding the hem tight so the apples didn't spill out. "Onward!" She insisted, then took another bite out of the apple. She wasn't sure he would seriously let her ride on his shoulders all the way back to camp, but it didn't mean she wasn't going to try. Why walk when she could hitch a ride? "Want some?" She mumbled while chewing her bite of apple, holding the one she was working on down to him, waving it in front of his face.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-29-2013, 08:58 PM

He duck away from the apple, he already had his hands full just securing her both legs. She didn't want to get off, and while he wanted her to, he wasn't sure how. The fruits are on the brink of falling. Why the heck did she pick so many. If they actually walked all the way like this to camp... he cringed. If the others were awake and saw them return, wet, hair dripping with him shirtless while carrying her not to mention those apples. They looked right about the peak of ridiculous.

"You have to get off before we reach the camp." He moved a few steps forward carefully, but he was fed up. He'll walk as he like, the job of balancing the fruits was all hers. At this point he didn't really care about his head pounded by apples, so he just walked forward as if he had nothing on his shoulders.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-29-2013, 09:09 PM

Lulu frowned at his reaction, she wasn't sure what to do, he seemed so annoyed with her now, after being fine just a second ago. She did her best to tuck her t-shirt around the apples, tucking the one she had started on in there as well, it was rolled up as much as she could, and the apples were relatively secured, the shirt pulled up to just under her chest, the mass of apples pressed against it. She let him walk a bit, but he wasn't careful, and she had to put her free hand on her leg to balance herself. "Just let me down if you don't want me up here." What else could she say? What happened that he got so moody all of a sudden? Had she done something wrong? "I'm sorry, okay? I should have asked..." She mumbled.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-29-2013, 09:34 PM

He signed. "It's fine... I was just distracted." He walked slower this time, he had gotten frustrated earlier because he didn't exactly know how to be careful. Another one of his bad habits. In this case, he guessed careful just meant slower. So he did that, if it doesn't help, well, she'd just have to walk on her own.He tightened his grip on her ankles as he treaded up along with the stream, it wasn't exactly easy, as the ground was rocky and uneven in some places, but he'll manage.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-29-2013, 10:03 PM

He was being more careful, which helped her keep her balance better. it actually felt sort of nice, being this high up. She was so used to be short than everything around her, so this was a welcome change. At his words she frowned and looked ahead of her, "Do I make you uncomfortable?" She didn't mean to do it, but she tended to do it to a lot of people. She generally was just bubbly and flirty, she couldn't help it. While waiting for an answer she fished out the apple she started, suddenly hungry. Her stomach growled in anticipation of food, which made her giggle a little bit.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 09-01-2013, 01:59 AM

"Not really." By now, the camp they had almost arrived at the camp. He still didn't hear anything, those two were probably still sleeping. He shook his head, how can those two sleep so much? Well, they did a lot of work, food wise. When they were in close proximity, he crouched down behind a tree and gestured for Lulu to get off. He was pretty tired now, it would be nice take a nap like the others. His hair was still dribbling with water; he would have to take out the wet clothes and hang them to dry too.

Precarious Fool

Old 09-01-2013, 02:10 AM

Lulu shrugged and ate her apple as they continued to walk. She didn't believe him but there was no need to push it. As they got closer to the camp she didn't hear much, and was concentrating on that so she was a bit surprised when Ryker suddenly ducked down. She wrapped the apples tighter in her shirt and climbed awkwardly off his shoulders. "Thanks." She mumbled through a mouthful of apple, and all but skipped as she made her way back into camp. As soon as she got there she didn't much look at the others, instead she got down beside the silver case she had brought back from the plane. Trying to balance the apples in her shirt, she stuck the other in her mouth, biting down to hold it there, and she, rather ungracefully, dumped out the contents, which was mostly just men's clothes. Setting the case back down she opened her shirt, letting the apples fall into it.

Food was so much more important, plus, she felt like it was her case now, so she could do what she wanted to with it, right? With little energy left she sat back on her rear and finished of the apple she had.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 09-01-2013, 02:48 AM

He made his way through the camp and rummaged through the suitcase for the towel and tanktop. Lulu had emptied the other and kept it for the apples. Not that it was his business, that suitcase was made for the other boy. He sighed as he glanced at Koen from over his shoulder. He was still sleeping peacefully. Eva was beside him, with her hands on top of each other on her stomach, what a stiff sleeping pose. Ryker pulled the tank top over him then went to sit by the fire. He was tired, he wondered how long they should stay here, and whether they should make a SOS signal. The sky was absent with planes since they crashed. SOS was useless if no one could see it.

He leaned back on himself, arms crossing behind his head. Was there anything he could do to quicken the rescue? Probably not. He tossed to his side, his eyes on the fire.

Precarious Fool

Old 09-01-2013, 03:01 AM

After finishing and enjoying her apple, Lulu made her way to the stream, taking a nice long drink. She looked back at the camp and now even Ryker seemed like he was going to take a nap. She yawned at the thought, but didn't feel like laying down over there. Instead she opted to stretch out at the shore, laying in the sun, allowing her damp clothes to get some time to dry. Her eyes closed and she listened to the sound of the stream and the birds around them. It was nice being out here like this, she didn't so much feel stranded and honestly rescue wasn't much on her mind. Which was strange, the others likely were dying to get out of here, but she felt so at peace, and knowing there were apples and other food around she felt like she could live here. Until winter came, of course, then she was sure that it wouldn't be so pleasant. Maybe she could build a home out of the metal scraps from the plane and wood pieces?

It was these thoughts that led her into a sleep. Her arms crossed behind her head, body stretched out in the sun.

-

He had heard movement, just as he was waking up. Though trying not to bring too much attention to himself he simply waited. His eyes opened and he saw Ryker near the fire, which meant that they were back. Yawning, Koen sat up and rubbed his eyes. As he blinked he noticed the meat from the squirrel was a little over cooked, which he figured would put it closer to jerky now, anyways. The bird on top was mostly fine though, since the fire had been so small, and wasn't too hot. He looked around after not seeing Lulu curled up against Ryker, and noticed her by the stream.

As he tried to stand he realized how sore he was, and groaned. His shirt was dirty and he noticed it was still covered in blood. Had Ryker said their were more clothes? Looking around he noticed the silver suitcase under the tree and made his way over there. But all the clothes were dumped out next to it. He frowned and unzipped the thing to find it was filled with a bunch of small green apples. Shrugging he grabbed one and took a bite, they were not bad. He dug through the clothes and found a clean shirt, and slipped his dirty one off and put on the clean one, which was just a plain grey tshirt. It was then he noticed Lulu's stuff sitting under one of the other trees, mostly the cosmetic bag. He wondered what was in there...