Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 12:06 AM

I've always wanted kids. I love kids. I am just starting to wonder if I was meant to have my own. It's a rather depressing thought but it's there. I'm starting to feel that maybe I'm meant to be single.

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 04-21-2014, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
man i wish i was like that. i care so freaken much. you have no idea. its absolutely horrible. it hurts me so much when people dont want to hang out with me or back out last minute... or even when neither of my parents brought a camera for my graduation. i cried for days and im still hurt about it and it was 4 years ago. to not care... that would be a dream to me. A heart like mine is truly a heavily burden.
Well, actually, that's my problem. I care A LOT. About everything, so I end up taking care of everything in my significant others' life and trying to make everything work out for them while still running my own life and I just eventually run out of steam and start resenting them for existing. If I were to ever marry, it would have to be to someone who was very independent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
No thank God for that.

I think I would enjoy it, with the right guy. I mean today my neighbors were out in the yard running around with their kids and it just struck me that I'm going to be thirty five this year, I still live at home, and I am running out of time to have a family.
I'm 28 and live at home. But you can always adopt later in life if you don't want to risk having kids after a certain age. *hugs* But things will happen when they happen. And you don't want to settle for stupid.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 12:39 AM

talked with my mother Forester they are going on a cruise to somewhere by Bermuda I hope they don't go through the Bermuda Triangle that would scare the crap outta me

steelmagghia

Old 04-21-2014, 12:46 AM

If it makes you feel any better, there really isn't any evidence that it's any more dangerous that any other stretch of ocean close to islands. It's just that a lot of planes and boats go out in that area so it seems like more get lost there. And everyone loves a good mystery, so people have built it up. *hugs*

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmagghia View Post
Well, actually, that's my problem. I care A LOT. About everything, so I end up taking care of everything in my significant others' life and trying to make everything work out for them while still running my own life and I just eventually run out of steam and start resenting them for existing. If I were to ever marry, it would have to be to someone who was very independent.

I'm 28 and live at home. But you can always adopt later in life if you don't want to risk having kids after a certain age. *hugs* But things will happen when they happen. And you don't want to settle for stupid.
Once you get to old they don't let you adopt. Sadly.

steelmagghia

Old 04-21-2014, 12:58 AM

My aunt was 35 when she adopted her son. And she was married to a woman. So it can be done. Plus there is always private adoption.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 01:19 AM

Yeah it can be done now, but if I wait to much longer I won't.

steelmagghia

Old 04-21-2014, 01:26 AM

I'll bet you find the right thing for you, whatever that is.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 01:34 AM

I hope so. I am just feeling down and out. I'll get over it.

steelmagghia

Old 04-21-2014, 01:39 AM

I understand that. I'm feeling kind of down today as well. Is there any particular reason for your down-ness?

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 04-21-2014, 01:41 AM

I'm feeling down too. Steel knows the reason for my down/blah-ness. D:
Blahness seems to hit when you least expect it, it seems.
At least for me, it seems to come out of left field, most of the time. No fun!

steelmagghia

Old 04-21-2014, 01:44 AM

I feel like we all need to go roll in some cupcakes and sprinkles.

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 04-21-2014, 01:46 AM

CUPCAKES!
Yes! Omg, yes! That reminds me - mum made me chocolate cake... now to figure out how to get myself some without getting yelled at for getting up.... :/ Time to call my hubby! xD

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 01:48 AM

I am feeling down as it hit me today that I am almost thirty five, still live at home, and have had a seriously bad track record with guy. I'll get over myself.

steelmagghia

Old 04-21-2014, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiviInLove View Post
CUPCAKES!
Yes! Omg, yes! That reminds me - mum made me chocolate cake... now to figure out how to get myself some without getting yelled at for getting up.... :/ Time to call my hubby! xD
Niiice. My mom made German Chocolate cake, but I don't like the frosting. It's too gluey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
I am feeling down as it hit me today that I am almost thirty five, still live at home, and have had a seriously bad track record with guy. I'll get over myself.
Awww, I'm so sorry hon. It hits me a lot that I haven't accomplished much of anything and my sister has her life all worked out.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 02:44 AM

I think it's very easy to compare our lives against that of friends and siblings when we are looking in from outside their lives. There are many compromises my sister made and she is miserable. I seemingly made error upon error in my life - 2 graduate degrees and no job in my field - but I can say I am far happier with my life living it the way I want to than she is.

I am by no stretch of the imagination a relationship expert, but I am considerably older and have screwed things up sideways more than anyone else I know - and I smile and think to myself "things are good" because in spite of everything, they really are.

steelmagghia

Old 04-21-2014, 02:47 AM

Oh man, I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a masters and a job not at all in that field.
My masters is in Wildlife Science, but I am a high school substitute teacher.
Ugh, I need to take a shower and go to bed but I'm being very slow about it. I don't know why I always do this.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 02:56 AM

I have two, but my daughter's health issues require me to stay home with her. Nothing dreadful or deadly, just needs someone with her. We're working toward her self-sufficiency and I'm eyeballing some volunteer options with some of the local historical societies or public libraries. The current director for the area is a nightmare and I'm waiting for her crazy arse to retire.

steelmagghia

Old 04-21-2014, 04:45 PM

Ah, see, I don't have any good reasons like that. Me depression is too bad to try to go back to vet school and be a veterinarian. And my masters degree in Wildlife Science really only opens me up to working on ranches or as a park ranger and I like air conditioning too much for that craziness.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 05:11 PM

The great wild outdoors makes it hard to deal with comfort, doesn't it? Depression is no joke, and I'm sorry it's affecting your ability to be a vet.

How's school going today?

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 05:39 PM

*sits in corner wit tea... pinkie out*

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 06:19 PM

*sits beside Potato and... uh.. grabs her cup of tea *

SuperZombiePotatoe