musikfreakx
you are a hurricane prone area, ...

Old 06-16-2011, 11:11 PM

Winter turned on her heel, facing Alex. "You idiot, having to be macho," she hissed, still angry for the 'stupid' remark he had made to her. She had a short temper and he knew how to push her buttons. They had an almost brother-sister relationship, always pushing each other but always there for each other.

"She's right. We're trapped in here by the fence, so the zombies can't get to us," she further explained. Frowning, she thought about getting the man in. "The gates are too guarded..." she stated, staring at the top of the Guardian tower. Thankfully, they were just out of sight at this area of the fence/village. "We could get food though," she shrugged, hoping he'd lower the gun.

Fuming, Alex refrained from saying anything back to Winter. "Sorry if I'm trying to be smart here," he mumbled, breathing deeply to try and calm himself. He kept a gentle hold of Scarlett's hand as she stepped up the fence, letting himself be pulled along. However he did keep two steps behind Scarlett, close enough to grab her and pull her out of the way if the guy went psycho, but closer to see the man.

Glancing back and forth from the three in front of him, the dark haired male raised an eyebrow at the man's comment. "Our clothes?!" He asked in a slightly skeptical, bewildered tone. He didn't know how the man could be questioning how they looked when it looked like he got in a fight with a hoard of angry animals.

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-16-2011, 11:30 PM

Nikolai quirked an eyebrow, about to say more when he heard a twig snap behind him. He spun around just in time to see a man... a former man, charging at him, too fast to shoot. He waited for the charging corpse reach out for his throat and grabbed it instead, grabbing it by it's collar, and rolling backwards, tossing the zombie over him and into the fence, the undead smashing into it heavily. Nikolai quickly jumped up, aiming his gun not at the zombie behind him, but at the surrounding woods, mumbling, "Rule number one, there's never just one." Just as he finished saying this, a second undead, a young, 14 year old he recognized from his convoy, came shambling out slowly, a single bite mark on her throat and her entire front drenched in her own dried blood. He didn't hesitate and pulled the trigger, blowing her brains out. He turned around seeing the first one was back on it's feet and holstered his pistol and pulled out his crowbar. It lurched at him, but he performed a roundhouse kick, knocking it back down. He moved to it and stepped on it's neck, looking at it as it snarled and tried scratching at his leg through his pants, and began smashing it repeatedly in the head with the crowbar, blood spurting out as it stopped moving. Smashing it a few more times he stood back up, looking at the three of them, his face covered in droplets of the zombie's blood as he said, "You think you're safe behind that fence? Thinking that is how you die. My dad mentioned that we had a safe system and just now, not a half hour ago, they were torn apart, all of them, except for me. A bastion with greater defenses than this one, a former max security prison boasted how safe they were, and in that mindset, they got complacent, they were compromised, and they were eaten from the inside out." He tried to wipe the blood from his face but only succeeded in smearing it around as he said, "If these two followed me from the gas station, then more probably will. I doubt your defenses will hold if all you've got is a chain link fence. You people probably haven't dealt with large amounts of these things... sorry about the gun, if it isn't too much trouble, I wouldn't mind some food before I head out, I'm definitely not sticking around."

Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 06-16-2011, 11:45 PM

Scarlett grimaced as the zombie hit the fence and stepped closer to Alex. When the man was done destroying the zombies she then spoke up. "Is there any specific food you've been wanting? We have it all.. oh and I can get you something to drink as well." She said, thinking that Winter would want to stay and talk with the man anyways. She then though for a moment, biting her lip. "About how many would you say would be heading our way?" She asked, knowing the fence could do much if there were a lot of them charging the fence at once.

She glanced around at Alex. "Would you come with me to get him some food?" She asked, not wanting to head back alone.

musikfreakx

Old 06-16-2011, 11:51 PM

Cocking her head to the side, Winter watched the man and the zombies. She flinched a bit when the zombie hit the fence, a mere inch away from where she was standing, but continued looking on with an intrigued expression. An eyebrow raised as she listened to him telling his story. Her red hair flew behind her, the wind picking up, like a blazing fire, but was oblivious to the tendrils snaking around her face.

"There were others?" She asked excitedly, much like a child getting something for his birthday. She hopped a bit on her toes, bubbling with excitement as she realized her parents had always been right. She wanted to walk right up to the Sisters and yell a big, fat 'screw you', but the fact that she knew that would end wrong held her back from doing so.

"There's not much we can do," she frowned, glancing at the fence line. The fence was watched at all times, and the only way out was during a breach...

Alex nodded. "It'll be night soon, I'll get you a jacket," he said, eying the man. He figured it would be a treaty token between them. It would also make Winter less angry with him... hopefully. He stepped back, and with a trained eye looked around to make sure there were no witnesses as to what was happening. He was curious as to where the man would go, but left Winter to do the questioning.

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-16-2011, 11:52 PM

Nikolai rubbed his chin in thought, saying, "There were at least 50 stockpiled in the gas station that were still mobile when I ran, and 33 in my convoy including me, so, at least 88 is my guess... and that's the minimum. As for food, well, I'm not used to choice, so whatever is fine."

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-17-2011, 01:51 AM

"Okay." Scarlett said, running her hand through her dark hair before turning from the fence. She looked back at Alex. "Wanna come with me?" She asked him, not really wanting to go through the woods by herself if it got dark earlier than expected. She would just get him food and water from her house and then come back quickly. Hopefully 88 zombies wouldn't be coming to the village anytime soon, or the fence might not be able to take it. She let her emerald eyes glance up towards the guardian tower before glancing back at Alex.

Declan stood in the guardian tower, staring down at the fence. It was his shift to guard from the tower with a few other men before switching to guarding on ground. He sat down in a black swivel chair, putting his feet up with a tired yawn. "So bored.." He mumbled, deciding to play with his binoculars. (Every guard had one) He started to peer out the window with them when he noticed a small group of zombies approaching the fence.

musikfreakx

Old 06-17-2011, 05:08 PM

"Wow," Winter mumbled. She glanced around, looking for more of the Unconsecrated, but thankfully found none. Turning her head back up, looking at the Guardian tower, she squinted her eyes. For a brief moment she thought she saw someone looking back down at them. She disregarded it, knowing it was probably just worry or paranoia. Anyways, no one could see them here right? The trees were tall and full, their leaves blocking the village ground from sight. Gazing back at the strange man, she raised an eyebrow. "What's your name," she asked, curiosity of the outside world running through her brain.

"Yeah, of course," he said to Scarlett and smiled at her. He noticed his hand still entwined with hers and he blushed, coughing as he gently pulled it away. He didn't want her to know his feelings, seeing as they more than likely wouldn't be able to act on them considering his strict, pious parents. He watched the fence line gently shake in the wind and frowned. If 88 of the Unconsecrated really were coming this way, it most likely wouldn't hold. But they'd with held attacks right? He tried asking himself, but he knew there was never one over 30 at the most.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-17-2011, 05:43 PM

Scarlett sighed when he dropped her hand at then started back through the woods. She looked over at him with a small smile. "Thanks for stepping in front of me, It was very brave of you. But please don't ever do it again." She said, stepping closer to him and giving him a kiss on the cheek. "I'd rather not see you get shot.." She said, biting her bottom lip as she continued to walk. "Do you think the fence will hold? I don't.. and it worries me.." She said, letting her long bangs fall in front of her eyes.

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-17-2011, 11:33 PM

He looked at her and gave a polite smile, somewhat twisted by his blood smeared face, as he said, "My name is Nikolai of the Savinni Scavengers, what's your name?" He walked over and leaned his back against the fence, looking at her out of the corner of his eye while scanning the woods at the same time.

musikfreakx

Old 06-18-2011, 12:11 AM

"Well that's different, "Winter mumbled to herself, finding the title at the end a bit odd. Eh, she thought and shrugged to herself. "Winter Ophelia Hartley," she introduced herself and smiled back at him. She stared at the horizon, the golden sun sinking down over the vast forest, the moon preparing to make its descent back up.

The beautiful sunset distracted her from the sudden rattling of the fence, from the fact that the horizon had turned black and seemed to be moving. Squinting her huge green eyes, she tilted her head to get a better look. Glancing at the end of the fence, the village's alarm system, a loud siren like noise, began to go off. She knew it wasn't a drill, they only had them once every two weeks, and always on a Wednesday. It was Friday, right?

Jumping back, everything suddenly made sense in Winter's mind. "The fence has been breached!" She shouted at Nikolai. "Hide!" She warned him, taking off as she ran towards the center of the village. She saw the Unconsecrated begin to swarm in from a gap in the fence, the rusted metal knocking down as hundreds of mindless, undead cannibals slowly invaded the village.

Her long legs kicked up dust as she ran as fast as she could, looking around for the ladders that led into the village's largest trees where platforms were set up in case of an emergency like this. The ladders to the platforms were being drawn, Winter realized she was just a moment too late. Running into Alex's home, she grabbed two knives and an emergency bag every family was ordered to have two of.

Darting back out, the redhead glanced around. There was a small gap in the bottom of the fence on the opposite side of the village. Watching in terror as an Unconsecrated bit into the neck of a middle aged woman, tears filled the female's green eyes. Her neighbors and school mates who had yet to make it to safety were being torn apart, falling down, lifeless, only to rise up as a zombie a moment later. "This way," Winter screamed as she saw Alex in the distance. On the opposite side of the village, there was a gap where the bottom of the fence didn't quite touch the ground. From constant prodding, she had found she was able to lift it and make a space long enough to crawl out from.

Getting back into gear, Winter took off at the speed of light. Not watching where she was going, she collided with a tall, muscly body and she fell to the ground. A bit dazed, she vaguely recognized the shoes all of the Guardians wore while they were on duty.

"You don't have to thank me," Alex said, feeling his finger tips lightly graze hers as they walked. "It was the right thing to do, and I'd do it again," he objected and playfully turned his head as if to declare the end of the argument. Grinning, he winked at her. With her next question, his eye brows furrowed and his eyes took in the village.

All at once, it became clear to him how small the village actually was. If a big enough attack happened, it was likely they wouldn't make it, that none of them would. Upon thinking this thought, Alex got a knot of unease in his stomach and he frowned. "I don't..." Alex trailed off as the sirens went off in the village. It seemed like Deja Vu, him having just thought of a breach in the village.

Peering at the fence line, fear formed in the back of the twenty year old's throat. The hoard of Unconsecrated coming their way made their tiny platforms, arrows, and small knives seem futile. "Oh..." was all that escape Alex's mouth. He watched as his old school teacher, his favorite, was bitten as her screams joined all the others. Pulling to the side, the twenty year old vomited as tears pour down his eyes. Wiping his mouth and face, Alex tried to regain him and quickly grabbed Scarlett's hand.

Seeing and hearing Winter, Alex nodded to himself. He ran in his house and grabbed the only emergency bag left, throwing knives and any and all extra food he could find into it. Pulling on a shirt, he'd been topless the whole time, he ran back out, still clutching Scarlett's hand. he made a mad wild dash to the other end of the village, where Winter had pointed. Come to think of it, he hadn't seen her since she had yelled and ran off. "Winter!" He screamed, looking through the mass of newly made Unconsecrated, praying she hadn't been turned.

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-18-2011, 12:27 AM

Nikolai jumped and tried shouting after her, saying, "No, wait! Get back here!" Swearing, he began smashing at the fence with his crowbar, pulling at it until he managed to create a gap. He crawled under and started running after, trying to spot her to pull her out of this place. He managed to spot Alex and ran to him, shouting, "Hey, hero! Where's Winter?"

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-18-2011, 09:55 PM

Scarlett was about to reach out and comfort him when the deadly sirens went off. She had turned her head to look at the fence when all those horrible zombies seemed to poor into their village. She clung to Alex as he ran into his house and that's when she remembered the one thing she needed. "My mother!" She cried, releasing Alex's hand. "I'll be right back to help you find Winter, I promise!" She said, glancing at him one last time before dashing off to her home not too far away from Alex's. When she arrived at the house to save her bed ridden mother, screams filled her terrified ears. Scarlett ran into the hallway and went to a small safe behind the family portrait. She quickly put in her birthdate and then pulled out a small silver hand gun. She turned into her mothers room only to see blood, her groaning mother, and a mindless zombie. She shot at the zombie but missed having been concentrating at her now turned mother.

Tears came to her green eyes as she ran from the house to get out before she'd have to kill her mother and the zombie. With a small box of extra bullets in her pocket she ran back to Alex and stuffed the gun into the opposite pocket. She took his hand again. "My mother was turned." She said simply, wiping her tears with her other hand before calling out for his friend. "Winter!" She yelled, but her yells were nothing compared to the screams of the villagers. "Where do we go?" She asked, turning towards him and taking the gun from her pocket in case one of those horrible things came towards her or Alex.

When the man from behind the fence ran up to Alex she bit her lip. "What? She's not with you?!" She asked, sighing and grimacing as she heard more screams from the people getting killed around them.

Declan groaned when suddenly a red haired woman collided into him. Thankfully since he was a rather strong boy for his thin body, he didn't fall over. In his hand he had a rather large gun that most of the Guardians had and he quickly took the girls arm. "Are you alright? What are you doing outside of the fence! It's more dangerous out here then in there!" He said, pushing her back towards the fence. Thats when he looked around and realized he was the only guardian left standing outside of the fence. He gulped. "Fine, follow me. The guardians have a small building in the woods we use for drills and such. It's safe there." He noticed her looking back towards a boy and bit his lip. "Grab your friends and lets go!"

musikfreakx

Old 06-18-2011, 10:46 PM

"Um, yeah, I'm OK," Winter said, still unsure. She had scratches on her body from zombies clawing at her as she ran, and a few cuts from bushes and things like that. Steadying herself, being supported by her arm, the redhead finally got a good look at the Guardian in front of her. He was one of the younger ones, probably just having begun training.

"We can't stay here! If we do, we'll die," she shouted at him, trying to make him see why they had to leave. Almost all of the Guardians were completely in denial of the outside world, something that absolutely frustrated her. Finally, he agreed to let her stay out of the village. It had taken her a minute to realize she was outside of the terror that reigned over her village, on the other side of the fence.

Quickly, Winter got the feeling she was on the outside looking in, instead of the other way around. She'd never seen the village from this point of view, and was intrigued even though she was looking upon a grisly scene. Crawling back under the fence, she yanked Alex and Scarlett, pulling them to the fence, ignoring their questions.

"Hurry, get under!" She shouted, pushing them ahead of her as she held up part of the fence so they could crawl under. As they escaped, Winter began to follow, but was yanked back by her ankle. Screaming bloody murder, she looked up at the Unconsecrated dragging her back. It was her brother, a Guardian. They had stopped contact when her mother was released into the Forest as a zombie and he sent her to live with Alex.

However this wasn't her brother, at least not exactly. His short, strawberry blond hair was stained with blood, his Guardian uniform cut up, his left arm hanging down, unmoving. A bite mark was on his left shoulder, the fabric ripped away and crimson from his dried blood. Winter beat the ground as he dragged her and began to crawl on top of her, his mouth opening to reveal fearsome and sickeningly sharp teeth. Reaching into the bag at her side, the female pulled out a long knife that glinted in the descending sunlight.

Tears pouring down her face, Winter rammed the knife through her brother's neck, sobbing as his mangled body fell limp on top of her. He was a lot heavier than her, having built muscle during his Guardian training. His green eyes rolled back in his head and as she scooted towards the gap in the fence, his dead weight body moved with hers. Finally Winter reached the fence, reaching out a bloody arm underneath. "Pull me through," she screamed in agony, staring at her brother's body as warm liquid drained from it and onto her torso.

Alex watched as Scarlett ran off, not knowing whether to follow her or stay. He wasn't given much of a choice as a zombie lurched at him. Jumping sideways, he watched it collide onto the ground. Pulling itself up, it set its deadened eyes on a target, a little girl Alex often played with. The kids were drawn to him, and for the second time that day he vomited as he watched her get bitten and devoured.

Jumping as his hand was grabbed, Alex sighed in relief when he saw it was Scarlett and not one of the cannibalistic creatures invading their village. Enveloping her in a quick hug, he thought about her ill mother. Gently brushing her hair out of her face, he released her from his hug and once more scanned the village for Winter.

Staring at Nikolai, his stare turned into a glare. "She should be with you!" He yelled at him, body trembling in anger and fear. Wheeling around as someone pulled him, Alex was ready to pounce on the zombie. Even though the situation was far from funny, he laughed in relief and surprise when he saw Winter pulling them. "Come on!" He shouted at Nikolai, racing to the fence line.

Though Alex was ahead, he pushed Scarlett in front of him, holding the other side of the fence to let her get through. As soon as she was out, he followed, army crawling and ducking his head under the fence. He'd never known of this gap, and wasn't surprised that Winter did. Standing up, he looked down to make sure Winter was coming and his jaw dropped in terror when she was pulled back.

The curly haired twenty year old was frozen in sheer horror as he watched his best friend fight off her zombie-fied brother. Crying silently, he tried to get his legs to work. At long last he could move them, as if freeing them from glue, and grabbed the fence, pulling it with all his might. "Grab her," he yelled, watching in panic as more zombies came towards Winter.

Last edited by musikfreakx; 06-18-2011 at 10:50 PM..

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-19-2011, 01:42 AM

When Alex hugged her and pulled her close it made her want to never leave his side again, no matter what. When Winter pulled them towards the fence she urged him to go first, but was still forced to crawl under. Then Alex came and she clung to him again and watched the horrific sceme in front of her that Winter was experiencing. She looked over at Declan, one of her old friends, and at the same time both he and Scarlett pulled Winter through while they both held up the fence. Once she was pulled through they released the fence back to normal.

Scarlett patted Winter's shoulder, not having any words to speak at the moment.. but she wanted to show Winter that she knew how she felt, and to try and comfort her. She then went back to Alex, lacing his hand in hers and looking to the Guardian who spoke of a place to hide. "So the Guardians have had a getaway all this time?" She said, her voice suddenly showing hints of anger. She then looked back to see if the Nikolai guy was coming or not. Surprisingly Scarlett had not puked once..and though her food really wanted to come up right now, she was too frightened to take the time to puke.

Declan looked over and noticed another man running this way, so he stopped. "He one of your friends?" He asked, questioning Winter. He then turned Scarlett. "Yes, but it's only in case theres no hope for survival." He said, his voice sounding cold and sorrow filled. He patted Scarlett's and Winter's shoulders and then cocked his gun, aiming it at the fence in case the man running towards them was a mindless zombie.

"Okay, I'll wait for this guy. But straight down this path there's a small fork in the path. Take the right fork and you'll see a door laying on the ground." He paused, handing Alex a key from his belt. "I'm the only one with the key, so don't lose it. But anyways, unlock the door. It's an underground building. Once you go in theres a safe room. Don't worry, you won't get trapped. Theres many exits. But in order to get to them you need that key." He warned, then pushed him down the path a little, his gun still aimed at Nikolai.

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-19-2011, 12:17 PM

Nikolai had followed Alex and, when the zombie had grabbed Winter he reached for his gun, but smiled, seeing that she was taking care of it herself. When Declan aimed his gun at him, he snapped his shotgun up to his shoulder, aiming it at the Guardian, saying, "Drop your irons kid, I will drop you if you make me, and you wouldn't be the first human I've been forced to kill!"

musikfreakx

Old 06-19-2011, 05:54 PM

Still shaking and sobbing, Winter breathed heavily and quick, on the verge of a panic attack, barely noticing she had actually been pulled through. Looking at her dress now stained with blood, she viciously wiped her bloody hands on the ground, whimpering as she did so. She felt vile liquid acid rise in her throat but she fought down the verge to throw up her lunch. Swallowing, she stared at her hands. They were still tinted red from her brother's body, and she swayed as she tried to keep her composure and not pass out.

Feeling Scarlett's comforting hand, she calmed a bit, hiccuping as her panic attack resided. For a moment, she had been unable to breathe or think, terror and shock having taken a cruel hold of her senses. Slowly standing, her legs wobbling as if made of jelly, she steadied herself on a nearby tree, her hands feeling its cool bark. Pressing her forehead to it, she bit her bottom lip and tried to catch her breath.

Once again another hand patted her shoulder, this one belonging to the guard. She glanced up and saw Nikolai running to them. "Yes we know him," she said, the first audible thing she'd been able to say. Her voice was shaking, but when she blinked, her eyes were hard and bland, her walls closing back up around her.

Walking ahead of Alex and Scarlett, she began to follow the path to the house the guard had told them about. She still hadn't caught his name. Her bare feet stumbled over roots and branches, but she made no noises or complaints, seemingly shutting herself down to everything around her.

Alex watched as Declan and Scarlett pulled her arms through, and he pushed her as she was dragged under, letting the fence fall down once she made it through. He watched her begin to flip out, knowing a panic attack was coming. She hadn't had one since they were younger, when her mother was bitten. He bent down beside her and gently rubbed her back, even though he knew she was too numb and in shock to feel him.

Standing back up, he squeezed Scarlett's hand as she laced it through his. "I'm guessing the Convent knows of this too," he accused in a rumbling, angry tone. He grabbed the key, still angry, and gripped it in his hand. Keeping a close eye on Winter, he watched as she regained herself by the tree. She was strong, that was for sure, but he knew what was coming. It had happened when her mother was bitten and turned. She had shut down, and it had taken Alex ages, maybe even a year, to get her to open up again.

Yanking away as the guard pushed them to get them started, he glared daggers at him. He let Winter lead, knowing it was best to not argue her. Gently stroking the top of Scarlett's hand with his thumb, he tried to give her comfort. Though he wouldn't admit it, it comforted him as well.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-19-2011, 09:03 PM

Declan chuckled. "Kid? I'm older than you sir." He said, shaking his head and smirking a bit. He turned, his gun still up and walked away from Nikolai. Why waste his breath? He followed after Alex, Winter, and Scarlett and then took off in a run when about five zombies started to come their way after getting out the same hole in the fence that they did. He turned swiftly and shot two in the head, watching as they fell over and then turned to the group. "Follow me and be quick about it!" He called, running ahead of them with his rather strong legs. Once they arrived at the building he gently took the key from Alex before unlocking the door and swinging it open. He then took Winter's hand and pulled her to the opening in the ground. He put both his hands on her waist and lifted her down into the pit before jumping in for himself.

Inside the underground building was a series of computer screens on the left side of the room, then on the right was a small living room and kitchen area. "In the safe room in the back theres food, beds and a bathroom." He told her. "Oh.. and my names Declan." He said, clearing his voice for a moment and coughing. "Anyone want a drink?" He called to the ones who were still coming into the room, and then to Winter who was now beside him.

Scarlett looked over at Alex as he stroked her hand and then darted after Declan when he took off, pulling Alex along with her. Once at their destination she watched closely as he uncovered a door on the ground that had been hidden by grass and dirt. She bit her lip when he lowered Winter down and then jumped in himself. Though she knew Alex would try and help her, she'd rather jump quickly just so he could get in safely as well. She released Alex's hand and jumped into the dark room. But suddenly Declan flipped the lights on to reveal a rather cozy hideaway.

"You've hidden this from the village?" She questioned, shaking her head a little as she looked at it. She knew not to be upset with Declan.. but if they would've made a larger building like this for the villagers then everyone could've survived. She looked back up at the entrance anxiously for Alex to come.

musikfreakx

Old 06-19-2011, 11:09 PM

The hairs on the back of Winter's neck rose and as she glanced around she spotted zombies beginning to surround them from every direction. Biting her lip, she began to run faster, tripping over roots as she did so. Ever tree branch catching on her was an Unconsecrated's hand, and as she glanced behind her to see if they were gaining, their faces all resembled her brother's, father's, and mother's.

Declan soon passed her, and the female picked up her speed. Her toned, long legs carried her swiftly, and in no time she was running beside him instead of behind him. She almost missed the door in the ground, would have if the guard didn't grab her hand. She wheeled to a stop and caught her breath, her heart pounding in her chest.

Letting herself be pulled into the opening, Winter blushed as his hands grabbed her waist and gently lowered her down. Though she tried to convince herself that he only did it to help, the rosy color still lingered on her cheeks. Her feet were light on the floor of the underground house as she followed Declan inside. Her gaze wondered to the computers and she gently touched them. "The Convent said any form of electronics except for lights and necessities were forbidden," she whispered, taking in the safe haven. Glancing up as Declan introduced himself, she decided to make the same formality, only for his sake. "Winter," she stated simply as her eyes roamed the room.

With her long fingers gently trailing on the wall, Winter's anger boiled inside her at the Convent and the System of Guardians for keeping this secret and treating themselves to luxury. Crossing her arms over her chest, she leaned against the wall and watched Declan closely. "What kind of drinks," she asked, raising an eyebrow. "Probably ones that are supposed to be forbidden too, right?" The redhead added, referring to alcohol, a bitter tone in her soprano voice.

Scarlett's sudden change of pace made Alex stumble, but he regained his balance and ran at the speed of light, making sure their hands didn't disconnect so she wouldn't fall. Though he was cautious of the underground getaway and eyed it for an added moment, he jumped in immediately when he saw the approaching undead. His feet hit the ground with a thud and he blinked as the lights snapped on.

Amazement filled Alex's eyes as he looked around. This was so... complex, especially compared to their simple village of small houses with only the bare needs. His anger had stayed inside him from the moment Declan had mentioned the secretive shelter. Shaking his head in disgust, a slight sneer formed on his face. "Wonder what else we don't know," he hissed and eyed the room with a raised eyebrow. "Alex," he followed Winter's introduction, though his attitude hadn't change. Standing by Scarlett's side, he noticed the same disbelief in her eyes, as well as Winter's.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-20-2011, 12:49 AM

Scarlett already knew that Declan knew her name so she then looked up to the entrance. "Hurry Nikolai.." She muttered, going over by Alex fearfully. When Declan said safe room her eyes lit up and she headed towards the room he pointed to. The doors to it were made of steel and only opened when the key was used, so she went over to Declan and took the key from his hand. "Guys, I know that we should be angry that they hid this from us.. but now's not the time." She pleaded, unlocking the steel door. Once it opened she looked in at the luxurious beds, large fridge, and tunnel leading to an exit. Then of course in the corner of the room was a bar. "Wow.." She stated softly, her long eye lashes fluttering lightly as she entered the room.

There were many weapons hanging up on the walls of the safe room, but many were in a glass container that only the key could open. "Alex, come look." She said, walking over to one of the large glass cases that held the nicest weapon inside. Her eyes instantly glanced to a large closet on the other side of the room. Being curious, she walked over and opened the two doors quietly. Inside were many clothes of all sizes. She walked into the closet and picked herself out a light pair of skinny jeans and a simple black tank top. Being in a dress and fighting mindless zombies wasn't the best thing so she left the closet with the clothes in hand and looked to Declan. "I'll take a drink. And mind if I put these on?" She asked, her green eyes looking to him for an answer.

Declan nodded. "I'll get you a drink in a minute, but as soon as that boy comes into the room I have to lock the door behind him or those monsters will get in. And if you wanna put those on, go ahead. That's what they're for." He said, his eyes glancing to the blushing Winter. He smirked slightly and looked to Alex. "Once the boys in here I suggest you all go into the safe room. We of course can only stay here for a few days before the air conditioning units run out, for once they do then there won't be anymore air in the building at all. And it being under ground...well we'd suffocate." He sighed. "The units will only last three days. Their automatically triggered to turn on once we enter.. but they don't have much power. With the guardian tower down theres no way to control the electricity in here, and the generator doesn't last long." He said softly.

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-20-2011, 01:54 AM

Nikolai dropped down into the hole, rolling to his feet and delivering a sharp uppercut to Declan, pushing against the wall and putting the barrel of his pistol to his neck pointing up towards his head, his eyes full of anger, and some fear, shaking slightly while saying, "3 things dick, 1: in the real world outside of your happy little village, you judge a person's age by their experience, not the years they've been alive! And 2: You never EVER leave someone to fend for themselves! In this world, leaving me behind like that is the same as trying to kill me! The first rule to survive is that no one EVER goes ANYWHERE alone! And 3: aim your gun at someone and don't expect them to pause like I did or they will gun you down! Do we understand each other?" He pressed the gun against him harder, saying, "I could've died leaving me alone like that, and I will not die, not because of some pampered punk who thinks they know the world because they have a gun!"

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-20-2011, 02:48 AM

Declan kneed him in the groin and twisted the mans arm behind his back, pressing him up against the wall so that his face was scraping against the cement wall. "Pampered? Sure, you have it hard.. but i'm nothing close to pampered. I've never been to this place before, only seen layouts and heard of it from the older Guardians. And just because i'm forced to wear a uniform doesn't mean I have it better than anybody." He spat, releasing the boy. "I aimed my gun at you because you looked as if you were unconcentrated. I left you because you couldn't run fast enough. And last, I'm not going to sacrifice myself or these people for the likes of the insane. I protect these people because it's my job no matter how many other freaking Guardians are dead!" He yelled, frustrated with the boy. "Touch me again and i'll make sure to leave you next time right when you need me most." He growled.

He sighed and looked to the ground. "I suggest you put your sore feelings for me aside, for I know many more safe places than you ever could. And without me these three will die." He said, looking to the girls and Alex. "And would you really like to see two innocent women be turned for your own arrogance?" He asked, his voice cold and unforgiving. Declan was one to hold a grudge.. and you obviously didn't want to be on his bad side.

He then went below the entrance and jumped up, shutting the door and hearing it click to show that it locked. "Yes Winter, alcohol. But there's also many other drinks." He said. He frowned at their anger. "I'm not the one that put them there. You should be mad at the convent, not me. These computers have been here way before I was trained to be a Guardian."

Scarlett came out of the safe room dressed in her new apparel, her light skinny jeans, black tank top, and black ballet styled flats. They were very easy to run in compared to any other shoes the village made. She then bit her lip at the fighting scene in front of her. "STOP IT!" She screamed, her voice showing signs of agony. "Everyones been through fucking enough today!" She said, glaring at Declan and Nikolai. She stepped in between them both. She then faced Nikolai,"He's not pampered." Then she faced Declan. "And he's not insane." She said, looking at both of them coldly. " Fight again and we'll leave without you both." She said, sighing and going over to Alex. She was worried they'd start to yell at her now for her sudden outburst, so she took Alex's hand gently and laced her fingers with his.

"We don't need fighting right now. We won't live if two of the most gun experienced men in our group are too busy fighting each other to kill the zombies." She said, looking to both of them. "Now I suggest we all go into the saferoom and get some rest.." She said softly, looking to the ground.

Last edited by Katie Scarlett Divine; 06-20-2011 at 03:29 AM..

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-20-2011, 03:15 AM

Nikolai leaned against the wall, clutching his groin, fuming as he said, "Well, at least you can fight against a person, but I'd like to see you take on an infected in hand to hand without getting bit. And unless there's a backdoor, a safehouse is a bad, bad, bad idea. We should take supplies and then leave, there's a bastion that's run by an ally of my dad where we can trade for anything we can't get here. So tell me, soldier boy, what's something useful in this safehouse that we can grab before we leave." He stood up straight, moving almost face-to-face with Declan, adding, "But before we leave, which is the only smart move, all of you need to get more dirty and make your clothes look more worn. If you look all clean and proper, we're more likely to get attacked."

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-20-2011, 03:27 AM

"There's five back doors. All in which you need my key to leave from them. So we are safe here for about two days before we start losing oxygen, then we have to leave. And if you'd spend less time fighting with me and more time looking around you'd realize that in the safe room theres weapons all over the walls for the taking. Though of course, to get them you'll need my key." He said, taking it from Scarlett and putting it in his pants pocket. He wore a white long sleeved button up shirt and black pants and boots. The uniform for being a Guardian. "We'll leave for the place you speak of once everyones gotten a good rest and something to eat and drink. Then before we leave i'll grab a bag of food and drink, then give everyone the weapons of their choice." He said, poking Nikolai in the chest to push him back away from his face. "If we leave the same day of the attack then we'll be killed within minutes from the swarming zombies. We have to wait until their done, which will take at least a day or two. Then we'll be ready to go. Now let's listen to Scarlett and stop fighting.." He mumbled, turning away from him and towards the group. "Why don't we let them decide what we do. Let's vote, stay here for a day or two where we can prepare by getting food, drinks, weapons and rest. Or leave now while all the zombies are outside?"

He asked, his brown eyes looking to Winters as he spoke. He knew that Alex and Scarlett would agree with whatever she picked. He ran his hand through his dark, brown hair and sighed softly. "I could use some whiskey and sleep." He smirked. "Then we'll get dirty with some mud and stuff before we leave the area." He said, glancing towards Alex and Scarlett. He then looked to Nikolai. "No, I couldn't fight them hand to hand.. but thanks. Your pretty good at fighting as well." He said, deciding to be nice to the man.

Graxdon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-20-2011, 03:39 AM

Nikolai relaxed his stance slightly, saying in a calmer tone, "The zombies are all out there, but waiting may be a bad idea since, for now, they're distracted with their meal and waiting till they're done will just mean they won't be busy eating and there will be more of them, the reanimated bodies of your former neighbors, but fine, we'll let the three of them put it to a vote." Nikolai stepped a few steps away, gesturing for Declan to follow, saying, "While they vote, we should probably talk strategy, eh GI joe?" He gave a slight smile, indicating that he didn't mean it as an insult.

musikfreakx

Old 06-20-2011, 05:59 PM

Winter watched the fighting scene, fuming. She was about to cut in when Scarlett did it for her, and she smiled at her old friend. She was sitting on a stool at the bar, her legs crossed. Regarding what Declan said of the alcohol, she nodded. She felt bad for getting angry with him, and skillfully jumped over the counter. Kneeling down, she laid her hands on a shot glass and a bottle of straight up vodka. They'd learned about alcohol when they were school kid, and this was her first time laying eyes on it.

Her fingers gripped the cap and she pulled it open, not being noticed as the two men continued to bicker, but then it settled. "You two are worse than girls," she said loudly, a smirk on her face. Pouring herself a shot, she downed the bitter but warming vodka and slammed the glass on the table. Ignoring Alex's raised eyebrow and shocked expression, she laid her bloody knife on the table. "If you two are going to be planning strategies, I'm in. No questions," she offered. She would take over if need be, and put them in their place. She had dispelled her anger and it seemed like it had invaded the two men opposite her.

"I agree with Scarlett. We need to stay and at least get some rest. Right now they're probably still feeding on villagers and carcasses. They're most violent after they've eaten or while eating. It would be stupid to go out now." Winter's voice was strong and a tad hard as she rolled her shoulders. The twenty year old was trying to shake thoughts of her dead brother. "I'm going to change, someone should pour some drinks," she stated and stalked out from behind the counter and into the safe room.

Her eyes roamed over the closet and her finger tips lightly brushed over the multitude of clothing. Pulling out a pair of skinny jeans with slight, intended to be that way rips with white thread lacing over them, as well as a semi short white tank top and a black one as well, Winter sighed to herself. Earlier in the day, she had never imagined she would be in this spot right now.

Slipping on the clothing, she opened the bag she had carried from Alex's house. She had stolen a small pistol and she tucked it between her pants and back, feeling its cold metal on her hot skin. Pulling on a pair of leather knee high boots, she gently slipped two knives from the bag into the boots, using kitchen tape to secure them to her legs, around the jeans. Gingerly pulling the shirt over her head, first the white tank top and then the black, she glanced in a mirror in the inside door of the closet. Her hair was a bit tangled and she ran her fingers through it, her fiery locks finally taming. Wiping a smudge of blood off of her cheek, she gazed at her reflection.The layered shirts, perfect if it got cool and easy to remove one if it was hot, came to about the very tips of her hips bones, revealing about an inch of skin until the dark denim skinny jeans started.

Stepping back out of the safe room, Winter was aware her look had changed from frightened village girl to hardened bad ass. Resuming her spot behind the counter, she poured herself another shot and downed it in an instant, unfazed by the alcohol. Her green eyes lingered on Declan for a moment and she offered him a half style, sliding him a shot glass of whiskey from across the counter. Swinging her legs up and over, Winter was finally situated on the edge of the counter, her legs resting on the bar stool on the side facing the others.

"We can either plan tonight, or in the morning. Up to you two," she said to the two men who had just a moment ago been bickering. Glancing at Scarlett, her eyes softened a bit and a trace of the softer Winter flew over her facial features.

Alex was about to step in, but Scarlett was one step ahead of them. As she returned, he chuckled and shook his head. "Look at you, little miss peacemaker," he teased, knowing she usually wasn't one to step in and end fights. "Scarlett's right. It's not the time to argue like territorial dogs. Winter and Scarlett want to stay here for a night, I do too. We need to rest. None of us are in a position to go out there and fight, at least at the moment," he said calmly but assertively.

"How many beds are there," he asked, doubting there would be many. He wrapped an arm around Scarlett's waste and watched Winter closely. He tried not to stare as she downed the alcohol, but couldn't help it. She smirked at him and he simply raised an eyebrow. Alex didn't know how his best friend was handling all this, she was an expert at masking her true feelings.

In the small living room area was a love couch, built for two people to sit together regularly or for one to stretch out. He sat down, motioning for Scarlett to follow him. "I like the look," he said in reference to her new skinny jeans and black tank top that outlined her figure. Closing his eyes for a moment, Alex almost drifted off. Winter always teased him for being able to fall asleep anywhere at any time.

Lazily opening an eye, he gently grabbed Scarlett's hand and pulled him to her, watching as Winter disappeared into the safe room and then came back out. He coughed a little at her new look, a sudden change from her blood stained dress. Clearing his throat, he watched as she poured another shot. "Got any orange juice," he asked, a small laugh escaping Winter.