Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2015, 03:10 PM

((Noted pretend that didn't happen and he was just watching her. Though I wouldn't have him out her. He wouldn't do that. So it would be a surprise.))

"I would love that." He said offering him his arm. He was glad that Cal had a head for money. He wasn't horrible with it but Cal was much better with it. The two of them headed off the ship. Part of his mind was on finding a new cabin boy.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-14-2015, 02:56 AM

((Okay, cool. But Wolfie wants it to be a surprise for him.))

Cal took his arm and led the way out of the captain's quarters and onto the deck. He took a moment to enjoy the night breeze before continuing on into town. "This place brings back memories. It was where we met, remember?" He asked.

Rosemary was just about finished with her dinner when she noticed two men starting to fight. At first she was going to ignore it, but the waitress tried to break it up and got thrown across the room. Having known the waitress for some time, Rosemary got very angry, very fast. Next thing anyone knew, a slim young boy was in between the brawling men, giving each of them a good punch in the jaw. One man was knocked back onto a table and passed out, but the other decided to fight the new kid. Rosemary swore as she started dodging blows. With someone that much bigger than her, the only way she could win was a surprise blow. In a one-on-one fight like this, she'd have to be incredibly lucky do do more than dodge.

((Thought of that on the spot and had to type it XD))

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-14-2015, 02:09 PM

((It will be. He won't figure it out.))

"I do." Marcus said with a smile. "I fell in love you with the first time I laid eyes on you." He said as they walked through the streets. He had never told Cal about falling for him on first sight.

Kirin saw the fight break out and the waitress get shoved. He stood to break it up when the young boy sprung into action. He watched impressed at the young boys moves. But when he started getting punches thrown at him Kirin stood and went over. With a few swift moves the man picking on the young boy was dispatched.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-17-2015, 02:30 AM

Cal blushed a little bit. He hadn't known that little tidbit before then. "Is that so? How romantic..." He replied wistfully. "I wish I could say the same, but to be honest I was a little intimidated by you when we first met. It wasn't until I got too know you personally that I fell head over heels for you."

Rosemary was just about ready to cut her losses and run when the pirate from earlier stepped in. The big guy went down fast, leaving Rosemary standing with Kirin in a circle of onlookers. "Oi...thanks fer that, mister. Thought I was goin' down fer a minute there." She said, luckily remembering to use her boy's voice.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-13-2015, 03:44 AM

Marcus chuckled. "It's alright. Most people are intimidated. by me. It's the secret of being a good pirate captain. Though..." He let his words trail off. Marcus took in the port town. It was busy and loud, and if he were honest with himself it wasn't for him.

"It's no problem." Kirin said with a smile. "Have you eaten?" He asked still standing among the fallen bodies. He has, and still does, hate bullies. He always did his best not to be a bully and to deal with the bullies he ran into.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-14-2015, 02:46 AM

Cal tilted his head. "Though what?" he asked gently. He didn't want to force Marcus to say something he didn't want to say, but he did hope to draw the man out of his shell. If Marcus was troubled, Cal wanted to help.

Rosemary shrugged. "Nah, not yet. Celia was bringin' my food when that thug started on 'er." She said, though it was obvious she was less upset about the food than about Celia's ordeal.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-14-2015, 12:55 PM

Marcus hesitated. What would Cal think if he told him. "I have often thought of giving it all up." He said softly as they continued to walk. "Live on a tropical island somewhere and live off the land.

"Celia is very lucky to have a protector like you." Kirin said with a kind smile. "Would you care to join my table while you eat. I was in the middle of my own meal."

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-21-2015, 02:46 AM

Cal paused, thinking for a moment. "I don't blame you for feeling that way sometimes. Every once in a while, I think of leaving it all behind. But I think I'd probably go nuts if I weren't out on the ocean most of the time. Maybe I'll retire someday when I get too old to work, but until then I need this life as much as I need you." He said.

Rosemary tried hard not to blush, and shrugged. "I grew up around here. Celia's always been good t' me, so I help out." She said gruffly. Looking over at Kirin's table, she nodded. "Sure, thanks." She added, heading over to the table.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-21-2015, 08:14 PM

Marcus nodded at that. Though he dreamed of growing old on an island with Cal it seemed that it would always remain a dream. Cal didn't want that life, and Marcus couldn't imagine life without Cal. So he would push those dreams away. He just hoped against hope that they would both survive long enough to grow to old to work.

"What will she do if you go sea?" Kirin asked leading the young boy back to the table he had been sitting at.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-23-2015, 03:09 AM

Cal reached over and grabbed Marcus hand. "That's not to say that I won't change my mind. I may decide next week that I'd rather run away with you. It is difficult to know what the heart will want, and impossible to know what the future will bring. We can only have faith in each other." He said comfortingly.

Rosemary followed and sat down. "Th' other kids we grew up with take care of her, too. They all take care o' each other. Celia'll be in good hands." She said.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-26-2015, 11:58 AM

Marcus kissed the back of his hand as they got to the restaurant. He loved this man with all his heart and soul. "Let's eat." He said opening the door to the restaurant holding it open for Cal. He kissed Cal's cheek as he walked past.

"Well that's good to know." Kirin said with a smile. This young man was truly amazing.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-29-2015, 03:44 AM

Cal blushed a little at the kiss, smiling as he entered the restaurant.

Rosemary shrugged. "I've bin plannin' on leavin' fer years now. I'd not go if me friends weren't gonna be taken care of."

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-29-2015, 01:03 PM

Marcus lead Cal to a more private area of the restaurant. He pulled his chair out for him to sit and pushes him in once he has sat down. "Order whatever you would like." He said kissing the back of Cal's hand

"You are very loyal." Kirin said with a smile. He would have to put in a good word for this young boy to the captain this evening. The ship could use as many loyal sailors as she could get. Not to say that the crew that they already had wasn't loyal but there were a few that he questioned. It was his mission to protect the captain.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-01-2015, 03:44 AM

Cal thanked Marcus as he sat down. He picked up the menu, which consisted of only a few things (but of course that was considered a lot back in those days) and looked at it. "I won't get much, though. We've only got so much wiggle room with the money, and I don't want to be the guy who blew it all." He said with a chuckle. He always kept a close eye on the ship's funds.

Rosemary gave a small smile to acknowledge what the man had said. Loyalty was one trait she had always prided herself on- the only one, actually. She was plain looking at best (at least she thought so) not very smart and only average strength, but she made up for all of it with her fiercely loyal nature. "Thank you. It's somethin' I strive fer."

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-02-2015, 11:35 AM

Marcus smiled as he looked at the menu. He loved how Cal kept an eye on the ships funds. Looking over the menu his mind warned a bit. It warned to the first time he had met Cal. Then to all the times they had spent together. After that it started to wander through possible futures.

Kirin returned the smile. "Well the captain values loyalty, as do I. It is very important when you are at sea." He said as the young boys food arrived.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-14-2015, 02:42 AM

Cal looked over the menu, enjoying the comfortable silence between them. He loved how they could sit quietly and enjoy each others company without having to say a word. It was a welcome change, sometimes, from the clamor of the ship.

Rosemary thanked the waitress and nodded at Kirin. "Then I'm yer man." She said with a smile. She felt a secret thrill at outwardly saying she was a man. It was one thing to act the part, but lying outright was different...somehow.