Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 10:32 PM

I'm not a fan of auctions either. I honestly didn't expect my post to go in first last night. It's so nervy. x.x

Do we have anti-snipe stuff for tomorrow night, or is Steel's 9pm CST (I think) post the cut off?

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 05-18-2014, 10:33 PM

I'm not sure. The last auction had no antisnipe tho.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 10:42 PM

What is antisnipe?

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 10:46 PM

Some auctions will extend their end time for people bidding in the final seconds of an auction. Others don't. I'm fine with either.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-18-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi View Post
I think staff would be kind enough to check a main and corresponding mule for fund verification if we suspected something was being bid that a user didn't have. I want to believe everyone is honest though, mostly because we do have a proactive staff. (:
If I suspected someone was bidding something they had no real reason to have (Like a new user bidding high) I would check the situation without you guys having ever known

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
Yeah exactly. I don't mind if people bid knowing that other people with more funds are bidding. There's nothing wrong with that- Its how auctions work. But people who bid just to challenge the current bidders are jerks. :I
Agreed

Quote:
How many others are lurking, planning to appear tomorrow night, I wonder? It could just be us. o.o
I dunno, I know a lot of people who aren't going to even bother trying though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
Iunno. I guess we'll see.

ugggh. This is all gonna be a pain in the butt. :U
Again Agreed o.0

Quote:
I'm not a fan of auctions either. I honestly didn't expect my post to go in first last night. It's so nervy. x.x

Do we have anti-snipe stuff for tomorrow night, or is Steel's 9pm CST (I think) post the cut off?
There wasn't last time, but I got my bids in just in case. Sniper bidders piss me off too.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 05-18-2014, 10:50 PM

Eh. I'm not gonna bother bidding til the last few hours, but I've made my intent pretty clear.

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 10:56 PM

I'm not going to bother bidding until the final hour... probably the final 30 minutes. I may bid in the last minute, depending on how high it gets.

@Cora
That's good to know. I figured that would be the case as Mene is small enough to keep monitored. (:

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-18-2014, 11:06 PM

I likely won't bid much more until closer to either.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM

I probably won't bid tomorrow at all. The price will already been too high.
I don't think a lot of art buyers are active right now though, so I don't know if anyone else will join in.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-18-2014, 11:09 PM

Of those with High funds, who collect art religiously, I think you've got the three of us plus maybe 1-2 others.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 05-18-2014, 11:11 PM

oh jesus christ..... i forgot this started last night when i was off at my brothers graduation...

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 11:15 PM

It's sad how slow it is sometimes. I'm guilty for not being more active, too. I remember trying to collect art when the site was more active and always being too slow to keep up with mewmew07. I don't know if she's even on anymore. :(

I have high funds, but I don't scrounge the art shops. I think I will be though because my art request thread is pretty dead. It's hard to find artists who are active with an open spot though.

---------- Post added 05-18-2014 at 07:15 PM ----------

Haha! Hi Shadami!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 11:17 PM

hey chi :] i still owe you more arts xD as you can see. this is where i've been focusing my online time lately. Little Lily is asleep in my lap, hubby and Mary are on the couch. xD

after this year i think i'm going to open an actual shop >.>

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 11:19 PM

Oh pfft, you know I'm plenty patient. I think you've had a pile of stuff on your lap lately (other than babies of course ;D). How was graduation?

I'll be back... gonna go get my little one to bed!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 11:22 PM

enjoy :] mine is now waking up xD

and god yes i have. I've had everything from sudden unemployment, job and house searching, deaths, birthdays, weddings, house cleaning, art, planning. just.. omg... I never have a dull day. xD Mary turns 2 on the 27th! We're doing a frozen themed party. we found an Anna dress for her to wear for it. And I have some decorations to make.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-18-2014, 11:24 PM

Lol, it seems its bedtime for all the little ones. I aught to get mine started off as well.

@Shadami- Frozen = Amazing!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 11:31 PM

Mewmew is leaving this site I think though she still guys art, just not as actively.

I understand how hard it is to find open slots. I know I don't help. I do my art so slowly I never have an open slot.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-18-2014, 11:41 PM

yeah....I've always been an avid hoarder of art, but its so hard here....I just often don't bother.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 11:52 PM

well to let you guys know than. when i actually open a shop, i don't put a limit on slots ^^;;; i just do them in order, as sppedily as i can. the last time i had a shop though i didn't have kids xD so it was fairly fast i could finish,... also it was my horrible style back than, and only traditional with .... only decent colored pencil skills

---------- Post added 05-18-2014 at 07:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
Lol, it seems its bedtime for all the little ones. I aught to get mine started off as well.

@Shadami- Frozen = Amazing!
we bought two posters of the main characters (no hans)
i'm attempting to make an olaf with a velcro nose so the kids can put his nose on. (or will do it out of felt... hmm) and i bought streamers in sky blue, sapphire blue, and white that i'm going to put in loop chains. hubby is cutting out icicles to hang from the ceiling. and anna dress for birthday girl. oh and we got a frozen cake :]

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-18-2014, 11:55 PM

My parents are "remodeling" and something gross happened that I straight up told them about.
So I'm watching the sword in the stone :3
How are you all?

*sits at a table and offers food and drinks*

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-18-2014, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
well to let you guys know than. when i actually open a shop, i don't put a limit on slots ^^;;; i just do them in order, as sppedily as i can. the last time i had a shop though i didn't have kids xD so it was fairly fast i could finish,... also it was my horrible style back than, and only traditional with .... only decent colored pencil skills

---------- Post added 05-18-2014 at 07:55 PM ----------

we bought two posters of the main characters (no hans)
i'm attempting to make an olaf with a velcro nose so the kids can put his nose on. (or will do it out of felt... hmm) and i bought streamers in sky blue, sapphire blue, and white that i'm going to put in loop chains. hubby is cutting out icicles to hang from the ceiling. and anna dress for birthday girl. oh and we got a frozen cake :]
That sounds like a fun time for the kids

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 05-19-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:

My post will end it. I try to post as close to exactly 9pm as possible, though.

Chi
Penpal

Old 05-19-2014, 12:20 AM

@Steel
Sounds good! (:

I'm wondering if we'll be having a "Frozen" theme this September. Mine is quite obsessed right now. She could also choose "Batman" before it's over with. Last Halloween she opted to be Spiderman at the last minute. >_>;

When are you doing her party, Shadami? On the weekend, or on the 27th itself?

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-19-2014, 12:25 AM

It'll be on the 24th so more people can come. We went with frozen just because there was more stuff available for it. The other top choices were croods, turbo, power rangers, and... nope.. nope i've forgotten. She just kind of is obsessed with everything. xD she loves sesame street, and bo on the go as well.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 05-19-2014, 12:36 AM

*hanging upside-down in a tree*
Hi!