Skulduggery
Did you know the sparrow flies s...
Penpal

Old 05-18-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
He woke up from dreaming and put on his shoes
Started making his way past two in the morning
He hasn't been sober for days
He stepped out of bed, and stumbled his way to the living room. He sighed, and slipped on his already-tied shoes.
This was the day. This was the day he would find her. He was sure of it.

Quote:
Leaning now into the breeze
Remembering Sunday, he falls to his knees
After yet another drink, he walked outside. Beginning his search, he walked to the neighbor's house. But, halfway there, he felt a cold wind fly past his face. He closed his eyes, and let out a pained cry, as he fell to the ground.

Quote:
They had breakfast together
But two eggs don't last
Like the feeling of what he needs
Remembering Sunday, and the taste of the breakfast he'd served. The kiss she gave him, as a greeting when she walked into his house. The feel of her hand in his.
He needed her. Bruce loved her.

Quote:
Now this place seems familiar to him
She pulled on his hand with a devilish grin
She led him upstairs, she led him upstairs
Left him dying to get in
He smiled a small, sad smile to himself, as he remembered that Sunday night.
He walked her home, just like he'd been doing every night. She gave him a short, yet lingering kiss, as she grabbed his hand. She took one step onto the staircase, as she shot him the most seductive grin he'd ever saw.
Pulling on his hand, they ran up the stairs, laughing quietly, as not to wake the neighbors. He gently pushed her against the door, as they kissed. This was it, he was sure.
Until suddenly she took a step away from him, into her now opened apartment door, placed a finger on her lips, gave him a wonderful smile, a wink, and shut the door.
He laughed silently, resting his forehead on the door, and calling out to her, just loud enough for her to hear, through the door. He stayed there for thirty minutes, sitting on the staircase, daydreaming about this wonderful girl.

Quote:
Forgive me, I'm trying to find
My calling, I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother,
But have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy, it seems
I'm gonna ask her to marry me
He got off the ground, and rushed to the neighbors house. He knocked, and knocked, until he saw their light turn on, and a man dressed in night pants, and a robe answered the door.
He begged, and begged, and explained, and explained to every neighbor that he met.
Nobody knew where she was. Some didn't know who she was. But most, just shut the door on him, after giving him a rude stare from waking them up at Two, or Three.

Quote:
Even though she doesn't believe in love,
He's determined to call her bluff
Who could deny, these butterflies?
They're filling his gut
He woke up once again, at Two in the morning.
He remembered the words she told him days ago, that she didn't believe his feelings were true.
But he couldn't leave it like that. He would make her believe him. He would make her know that she had the same feelings as he did.

Quote:
Waking the neighbors, unfamiliar faces
He pleads, oh he tries
But he's only denied
Now he's dying to get inside
Another day of begs, and denies.
He'd moved onto her neighborhood. But he didn't know anybody there. They were kind, though, as he went on with his desperate endeavor.
He was in tears as he came to the last house he could, before calling it quits for the night.

Quote:
Forgive me, I'm trying to find
My calling, I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother,
But have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy, it seems
I'm gonna ask her to marry me
He begged the couple that answered the door.
They exchanged a look, and he knew the door was going to be shut in his face once again. But then, something different happened.

Quote:
The neighbors said she moved away
Funny how it rained all day
I didn't think much of it then
But it's starting to all make sense
Oh, I can see now that all of these clouds
Are following me in my desperate endeavor
To find my whoever, wherever she may be
They had invited him inside. Told him they were friends of the girl.
They explained to him, that she had left.
Explained to him, that she wasn't coming back.
And he didn't care. He cried, in front of that couple. And, despite the fact that they didn't really know the boy, they had comforted him, which was all he needed at that moment.
Once he calmed down, apologized for everything, and left the house. He didn't really care before, as he was on his search, but now, staring up at the sky, as the hard raindrops fell onto his drying hair, he fell onto his knees once again.
He didn't really believe them in there, because it couldn't be true. He wouldn't let it. But he stared at the clouds, his tears mixing in with the rain, he knew, that all of this was over.

Quote:
I'm not coming back, I've done something so terrible
I'm terrified to speak but you'd expect that from me
I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt
Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair
And out of my mind, keeping an eye on the world
So many thousands of feet off the ground
I'm over you now, I'm at home in the clouds
Towering over your head
She watched the nighttime turn to day, as, she knew, her love was searching for her. She looked down on the world, from her spot, and felt ashamed.
She'd had a reason. Not a good one, but a reason. She needed to prove to the man of her dreams that she didn't believe. She needed to prove to him, love didn't exist.
She needed to prove a lie.
She laughed to herself, looking at the man in front of her, who was also looking down on the world, but not longingly. He looked happy to leave that town.
The girl sighed, and leaned back, thinking it best to leave those thoughts, as she will never be able to fix what she broke.
She'll convince herself she's over him.
She'll convince herself she's at home.
She'll make herself live happily, once off of this damned plane.

Quote:
Well I guess I'll go home now
I guess I'll go home now
I guess I'll go home now
I guess I'll go home
Bruce Banner was snapped back into reality, when he heard a door open, and Tony's voice call out to him.
"Bruce, hey, you alive?"
Bruce grinned, "Yes, I'm alive."
"Good. I wouldn't know how to explain the fact that an unkillable, killing machine was dead."
Bruce continued to grin, but as time went by, it turned fake. "Was that all?"
"No. Fury also needed to speak to you. Something about an ultimate gun."
Bruce nodded, and allowed Tony to do as he pleased, which apparently, was mess with what Bruce was working on, before he'd flash-backed. Bruce chuckled the slightest bit, having realised, he didn't even remember what that was.
He then sighed to himself, and looked at his feet, before meeting with Fury.
He truly never will forget her.

XxX
Alternate Ending
xXx

The boy walked into his house, looked at the clock, and sat down, in the dark and silent room, that used to be filled with her laughter, and tried to forget her.
Only to fail, miserably.
Bruce Banner was snapped back into reality, when he heard a door open, and Tony's voice call out to him.
"Bruce, hey, you alive?"
Bruce grinned, "Yes, I'm alive."
"Good. Because I'm pretty sure the Girl here, waiting for you, would be pretty upset if you weren't."
Bruce was confused for a second, before asking "What girl?"
"This girl." A female voice said, behind Tony, before Tony allowed her to inter.
Bruce got all of the wind knocked out of him, from pure shock. "____" Came his breathless reply.
"Guess who the new addition to S.H.I.E.L.D. is?" The girl said, before rushing into his arms, all the whilst Tony stood there, a shocked expression on his face, not having expected this outcome.

For the full 'gossip' visit Skulduggery's 'About Me'.

Reviews on Skuduggery

"First of all, write a haiku for Skulduggery!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korn View Post
This man with a rose
searches for someone to love -
at a wedding. Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
Curious eater
Of the floral persuasion
Rose, om nom nom nom.
"What's he thinking?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
"Oh yes! A rose plus wine! Papa goin get some tonight!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporcle View Post
"Now to figure out how I'm going to drink this punch with this rose in my mouth..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
"Don't I look like quite the dapper prince charming! ;D"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporcle View Post
"I'm fancier than all of you."
"I heard he was put into detention for.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
The user above me was put into detention for making moves on the teachers. YOU'RE HERE TO LEARN, DAMMIT, NOT SEDUCE THE STAFF!
Quote:
The user above was thrown into detention because the roses he brought caused a mass attack on the students with pollen allergies. For shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
The user above me was put in detention for flirting with the teacher! She found him laying on her desk with a roar in his mouth.

"What was the first thing you noticed about him?
Quote:
New curtains!
Quote:
The white curtains. Or drapes. Or whatever they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
I see the sea of red roses.
"He's quite the player; why did YOU divorce him?"
Quote:
"Because he never shares his spiced wine. T>T THA HORRORO!" "Oh and if the wine wasn't enough he was a cover hog!!"
Quote:
Flowers are not part of a well balanced diet, contrary to a certain someone's belief. Sure, he made breakfast in bed, but it was usually something weird like a dandelion salad. We went to a friend's wedding together and he sat there eating the table arrangements and ignoring the perfectly good meal provided to us. It was humiliating! I can't live with this anymore!
Quote:
I divorced Skulduggery because he lost his sense of wonder and replaced it with expensive trinkets. Don't you know that money can't buy happiness? I mean, not that I'm not going to divorce you and receive half of your finances or anything, but--oh, look! A cat!
Quote:
I just couldn't stand the smell of roses anymore! Rose scented cologne. Rose scented breath. Rose petal candies. Rose colored curtains. I was surrounded by roses of every shade and description and just couldn't handle it anymore!

"Pick one word to describe him."
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigamikarasu View Post
suave
Quote:
Playboy ;P

Last edited by ~LONGCAT~; 05-28-2013 at 08:45 PM..