Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-03-2015, 03:47 AM

"Never," Gary chuckled; it never failed. Koda was too easy. He did like the kid though, but Gary was never one to let a good opportunity for a joke go to waste.

Declan and Koda were to absorbed in conversation with those around them that neither noticed the ring that William had just exposed. Leila, however, who was sitting near them did, and hollered, "Woo boy! Do I see what I think I see? When did you two put a ring on it?!"

At that, Declan's head whipped around so fast that he's pretty sure he heard his neck crack as he looked over at his best friend and apparently his fiancé. "And when exactly were you going to share this information?" he asked. It'd only been about a week and a half since they last saw the two, and there definitely hadn't been any rings then.

Gary shrugged shamelessly, "When it came up?" he said, unabashed, "It's not like we were keeping it a secret." He commented raising his hand to show off the matching ring on his finger.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-03-2015, 04:07 AM

Koda blinked and looked at the two that suddenly became the center of attention in the room. Wow. He couldn't help but share Declan's sentiment, though the engagement didn't make him want to suddenly start screaming or grabbing people's hands to get a closer look at the ring. Poor William just got his hand accosted by Leila, not that he seemed to mind showing it off. He wore a dreamy expression like he couldn't help but stare at the ring either. Koda rolled his eyes, but smiled.

"Don't tease him, Gary," William murmured. "This is new after all and we were going to tell you today if you didn't notice. Isn't it wonderful?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-03-2015, 04:22 AM

Declan nodded smiling, "I'm happy for you guys. It's about time, you two have been practically married long enough as it is." he said, not afraid to join in the teasing. "Though now, we have to hear how and who proposed? My money's on William. He's always been the more expressive out of you two." Nevermind that William was acting like the one that was proposed to. Declan couldn't fully see Gary being the one to take that leap.

"Well actually, you'd be wrong on that one, Dec. I actually proposed." Gary smiled, but turned to William and asked, "You want to tell the story?"

Last edited by Wings of Writing; 04-04-2015 at 08:30 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-03-2015, 05:06 AM

William grinned, more than happy to share the tale. "Okay, so it was a Saturday. I had a hell of a week and just passed out in a chair and here comes Gary like a complete and utter fool. I can't attest to what he was trying to do, but he'd been acting weird all that week. Had me worried. And then in some kind of fit of nervous energy, trips, and just about throws the ring at me. Of course I wake up to that and here we are!" He let out a little laugh at his telling, feeling very proud of his version of the tale. He might have played it up a little bit, but he really did wake up to a ring landing in his lap. And of course, he knew Gary would whine about the less than cool way William portrayed him. He slipped his hand into the other man's again, squeezing it warmly.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-03-2015, 05:00 PM

"Yah!" Gary grumbled, "If Id' have known you were gonna make me look like an idiot, I wouldn't let you tell the story." He smiled at William though, before clarifying, "What I was trying to do was place the ring box on his chest for him to find when he woke up from his nap." He rubbed at the back of the head before sighing and saying, "Unfortunately that's not exactly what happened. I tripped over this guy's shoes, which brings us to about where William woke up." The entire time he was smiling though, seriously just happy to say he was engaged to the man who taught him to love again.

Declan snorted, trying to contain his laugh, "Only you Gary, only you," he said. "Try so hard to be suave and that's where it gets you." At that, he did laugh.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-03-2015, 07:31 PM

Koda didn't contain his laughter though. He leaned across the table to offer Gary a high five. "That's an epic proposal, man! You should be proud of it!" he said with a mix of tease and seriousness. He did think it was cool for them even if such thoughts of engagement were still way beyond him.

William just kept smiling. "And I really couldn't be happier..." He sighed with bliss. "Ah but, this isn't our day. Come on, stop staring at us everyone!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-03-2015, 08:36 PM

The rest of the party past in much of the same way, with lots of laughter and teasing and good food. Of course, through the party, there were gifts, mostly monetary in value. It may have been a day to celebrate Declan and Koda's achievements, but really it was just an excuse to bring everyone they loved and cared about together. Declan couldn't be more thankful for moments like that. It reminded him of how much he had in his life, and how lucky he was that Koda and him were still together without an end in sight. It felt good and right. He hoped for many more days like this in the future.

Gary spent the party just amazed by where life had ended up. A couple of years ago it had just been him and Declan. The two of them against the world it felt like in many ways. And now Gary had a solid weight of a ring around his finger and the warmth of the man he loved next to him. And Gary was certain Declan and Koda would follow them in the same direction someday. There was family and warmth and a wealth of happiness for them all. It was a good life.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-03-2015, 08:55 PM

Being able to tell the world about his engagement made William's day. He didn't realize just how bad he'd been dying to yell it to everyone and once he had, he almost couldn't think anymore. He found himself just drifting on happiness. To think that they actually made it this far, that his unhealthy stubbornness could bring about something so healthy. William still wore his hopeless, dreamy expression by the time the party ended. They'd just walked in the door to their home when he slipped his arms around Gary's waist from behind and laid his head on the other man's shoulder. "Thank you for making me so happy."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-03-2015, 09:26 PM

Gary turned around and pressed William back up against the closed door of their apartment, smiling down at him. "No thank you without your stubbornness we would have never gotten here." He played with the ring around William's finger as he leaned in to kiss him, passionate and full of all the love he felt. Pulling back he whispered, "I love you William, everything about you, and I can't imagine a day of my life going by without you."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-03-2015, 09:34 PM

William held Gary even tighter and kissed him back with as much passion. Then he twined their fingers together so the rings rested next to each other. "Me too. I love you, Gary."

xxx

By the time the party ended, Koda had tired himself out with laughter and all the fun he had. It did feel good to spend time with all those people again, even his mother. But when it was all over with, he was just as happy to plop onto Declan's couch with a dramatic groan. "Oh man, what a day!" he exclaimed with a grin.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-03-2015, 09:39 PM

Declan chuckled, smoothing his fingers through Koda's hair, "It was, but it was a good day too. I still can't believe it with William and Gary. I'm happy for them though," he turned Koda's face so he was looking at him, "Got me thinking, maybe it's time we should take that next step." He paused for a second before asking, "Maybe you should move in, officially. You're here most the time anyway, and I don't want to have to go another day without waking up next to you."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-03-2015, 09:42 PM

Koda's eyes went wide before before a soft smile smoothed over his surprise. Declan was right, it was about time and Koda really did consider this his place anyway. It already felt like home. "Yeah, I think so too. I'm happy to live right here, all the time." Although he pointed to the couch with an impish smile, the implication came across clear.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-03-2015, 09:48 PM

"Hm, well I guess I could deal with a couch potato of a boyfriend, as long as a got to see him everyday." He leaned forward and kissed Koda, soft and sweet, like many of their kisses began. Even though he knew Koda was no longer scared or unsure of their relationship, especially the physical side. He still liked the moments where they could keep things soft and simple. It still made Declan's breath catch in his throat every time, just like their first kiss. His love for the younger male an unending well inside of him.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-03-2015, 09:59 PM

Koda reached a hand up to softly touch Declan's hair, letting his fingers trail against the man's face before dropping his arm again. "Can do," he whispered. For a second, an expression of pure love showed on his face as he just gazed at Declan. Afterwards, he scooted over and let Declan snuggle with him on the couch. The two curled around each other and fell into a nap, happy, and as always, very much in love.