jupiter
inactive account

Old 03-13-2012, 01:15 AM

I first heard about Menewsha when it was a much smaller community. I spent quite a bit of time in the Lilithian Ocean, and it was about the same time when you both introduced--and subsequently removed--the bulletin with wealthiest users. I bought a pair of the lovely head bells, and took a very long vacation.

But as for hearing initially about Menewsha, I can't tell you for certain how or when it was. I'm going to say it was through word-of-text, so to speak.

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 03-13-2012, 01:38 AM

A Project Wonderful (I think?) ad on Tegaki; I don't recall specifically what said, but it had the avatar silhouettes against a blue sunburst background and somehow the flavor text made me think it was some kind of MMO/RP site. I would have never thought I would end up staying on a site like this, in fact in my Fresh Meat thread I recall asking if there was anything else to do besides dress up pixel dolls haha. But only good has come of it, so I'm glad that I saw that ad. :)

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 03-13-2012, 01:49 AM

Twas an ad on tektek.org that I clicked on way back in 2009. Haha. I was led here and never went back. Had no need to. ;)

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 03-13-2012, 01:59 AM

I was pissed off at a few things that had happened back on GaiaOnline. I decided to quit and started looking for a new avatar site to join. Found Mene, looked at the main page and saw Magnus, thought he looked like Rude from Final Fantasy VII, and decided to join because of that. :XD Been here ever since~

Ayreiya
*^_^*

Old 03-13-2012, 02:05 AM

I found Mene through a friend of mine.

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 03-13-2012, 03:32 AM

A friend of mine asked me to join. Sadly, he's not on anymore.

Sokta
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2012, 05:25 AM

Hm. I think I found Mene too through an ad on Tektek, and fell in love with the avatars. : D Well, either that or it was another search through Google for avatar sites. I like avatar sites because I still like dressing things up. <3 And Mene has such pretty colors and such a good standard of items.

Been on a lot of avvie sites.. This is the nicest by far. : )

StrangeMwarn
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-13-2012, 05:49 AM

I found menewsha because i got very tired of gaia's utter lack of care for the people who didn't want too spend their entire day online...Then i saw a thread talking about a bunch of avatar sites and menewsha was the first one on the list i could pronounce properly XD.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-13-2012, 06:51 AM

After Gaia banned my account for trumped up charges, I google searched avatar forum sites, and found Mene. I liked it so much I stayed, even when Gaia unbanned my account. I never went back.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 03-13-2012, 07:33 AM

i saw an advertisement on the side of facebook. Something about it made me click instead of ignoring the advertisement (like i usually do) and then when i realized it was an avatar site, i fell in love with it. The more I got into it, the more i liked it :D

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:06 AM

I saw a Project Wonderful ad for Mene on the side of a webcomic that I was reading, "Red String" by Gina Biggs. The art looked super-snazzy, so I clicked it out of sheer curiosity. Then I looked around, liked the look of the avvis and joined up! :D So, here I am. ^__^

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 03-13-2012, 11:13 AM

I found it in someone's siggy.. 'nods' and definetly fell in love considering I was becoming frustrated and angery with Gaia's set up. they went from fun to greedy ..Mene has, since I joined stayed with the fun.. XD.. And IM loving how they have low prices..>_>

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 03-13-2012, 11:44 AM

Well to sound like a lot of users here... I was fed up with gaia at the time for all the usual reasons. So I found a little site I checked out that is now non existent. But in the time I was dabbling there I met a chick names MonBon. She got to know me and told me I should come to this site she thought I would like. It was of course Menewsha. MonBon gave me the little present event set that day and told me to explore.. I only saw here a couple of times after that, but I have remained here because I fell in love with the site, the community, the art everything really. MonBon is still on my friends list to this day even though I havent heard from her in almost three years. Its a reminder of how I got here and how grateful I am to her for introducing me to some amazing friends and My home on the web.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 03-13-2012, 12:18 PM

I actually first heard of Menewsha via a user who had an account on both sites who contacted me for an issue. I took a look at the place (it was still in its first year) and didn't find it very appealing, so I left. A few months down the line while I was alternating between GaiaOnline and Zantarni (both sites were getting more unappealing to remain in as the days passed) and saw Menewsha mentioned in one of the thread posts in the latter site. I came in and attempted to sign up again, forgetting I already had an account here. :lol:

I braved my shyness for posting and holed myself up in the Art Shops section for a while. Thankfully, it was very close to the Halloween Event when I joined, and I have to say that if not for that event and the users I met during that time, I might not have stayed for as long as I had. :)

kyung hyun
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-13-2012, 01:01 PM

I found this site in someone's signature on gaiaonline ^^
Was RP-ing on gaia previously >:

KidK Mirai
*^_^*

Old 03-13-2012, 01:32 PM

A friend of a friend had an account, and told my friend, who told me! My friend and I were big into Gaia at the time but were getting frustrated with the site, and we were looking for someplace new. Our introduction to Menewsha was through the Attack of the Fangirls game. We both played once and got hooked on the cuteness of the whole site!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-13-2012, 04:07 PM

I heard of mene when it was first created...all my friends on gaia talked about how wonderful it was even though it was still in beta. So I tried to join and couldn't figure out how to sign up and gave up. A few months later ALL my gaia friends had left so I returned to attempt to sign up again and was successful this time. And I joined and never looked back :D

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 03-13-2012, 04:53 PM

I remember what got me hooked!

I was in a writing mode. I really was craving some good Roleplays. In high school i wrote a round robin (theater version so the said lines only) with a few friends of mine, and lots of other, more detailed stories. Being away at college I no longer had that, and i needed to have a creative outlet. I tested the grounds of forum Rping. Someone was doing a "late night online people" something.. something. whatever come post here. :D Three of us just got really into it and were posting all night. It was fantastic!!! I started looking into more and more of the sight after getting hooked from that.

Shortly after there was an event as well. It was far better than Gaia's events, so I choose to stay. Now I'm actually posting in the event threads though. xD Wasn't in the first couple events.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 PM

I heard of mene from gaia. I joined then left for a few months then came back and been here since.

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 03-13-2012, 07:30 PM

I found it through a Facebook ad. I thought the avatars were cute so I figured I'd check it out. The community kept me here though :)

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 03-13-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxxy View Post
I clicked on a sidebar on Facebook - something I had never done before, and I don't think I have done since.
Same here. :yes: It promised to be better than Gaiaonline, so I clicked it.

Avalonஜ

Old 03-13-2012, 09:06 PM

I just found it from google :yumeh2:

zublet07

Old 03-13-2012, 11:58 PM

through my friend Serenus. :)

Sulien
Stylin’ Mad Genius

Old 03-14-2012, 01:14 AM

A friend from gaiaonline suggested it, this place reminds me of how gaia was way back in the day. Makes this place appealing. :3

Bronia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-14-2012, 01:16 AM

I was on Gaia and someone mentioned it in forums.