LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 05-31-2016, 02:49 AM

Caina is a name known around the world, if not for her skills as a painter, then for her odd behaviors and recluse attitude. No one is quiet sure where Caina got her beginnings as a painter but once she emerged she took the world by storm, her paintings were real, her paintings were harsh but soon people began to notice they lacked a human element. The paintings were wonderful to look at but they were missing something and just as quickly as her popularity sprouted up, it began to fall. She maintained a few followers, and many people who were interested in her quirks, but she needed to maintain her fan base. So to help her painting and her ratings she announced there would be a contest. A painting, which had been decided on before hand, in her next auction would be marked, whoever one the highest bid on that painting would also get the chance to be her model for her next series of paintings. The details had been finalized, the winner had been chosen and our story starts and Caina waits for her model's first day.

For Typically Untypical and LaClef-a-Verite

Last edited by LaClef-a-Verite; 05-31-2016 at 05:25 AM..

Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-31-2016, 06:07 PM

She had been fearing this since her brother and manager had set it all up. The two of them had decided that she needed social interaction, more then they could actually give her. Caina, on the other hand, had no desire to get out of her element. She had accepted her empty life in her empty apartment in one of the high rises in town. She could sit and look at people, and they couldn’t look at her. The contest had already been won and, despite her fear, she didn’t have the chance to back out now. Her manager was supposed to be picking the contestant up now, which meant 10 minutes until they got here. There was one piece of furniture in the main room of her apartment and that was a couch that faced the porch window. Caina had to lay along it to look at the door, though she wasn't sure what she expected. Maybe she hoped that her manager would show up and say that the person had canceled. It was something Caina knew was unlikely but she figured that none the less it was a hopeful possibility.

Next to the couch were books in a pile on the floor, and paint supplies propped up near the easel that sat in the view of the window. Right now Caina was intentionally sun bleaching one of her paintings. She could hear the tick of the clock as she played with the gloves on her hands, readjusting the mask on her face and then also her hood. This waiting game was harder then the whole ordeal so far, and it had been excruciating.

The manager was waiting with a smile and a limo, she intended to explain all of the rules and get a few documents signed before running their contestant off to Caina's apartment.

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 05-31-2016, 07:41 PM

Maki Beckett looked at herself in the mirror for the umpteenth time, running a hand through her hair for the tenth time, and nervously looking at the pile of clothes on her bed for the third time. She wanted to look good, but she kept catching herself thinking, 'Is all this effort really worth it? I'll just be there and then gone.' Maki picked at the skin of her lips, worn down by nights of anxiety, and then straightened up. The artist would be able to see something she herself wouldn't see... which would probably be a nice change. The first good change ever since she moved into the city.

'Why did I jump at this chance?'

Maki shook her head at the pile of clothes on the bed, fairly content with what she had on now but she knew that the minute she stepped outside, she'd start hating it, which would ultimately go through this cycle of hating herself. "Unnecessary," she muttered to herself as she grabbed her house keys, phone, wallet, and then marched out the door.

'Fuck....a limo. Why does this look so....extra?' Maki stopped after she had turned around to lock the door of her cozy little home right on the outskirts of the city. At least public transportation was close enough that she didn't have to deal with the anxiety of handling a car, but it can get inconvenient at times. "Hello?..." she awkwardly greeted with a small wave of her hand.

Last edited by LaClef-a-Verite; 06-16-2016 at 04:38 AM..

Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-31-2016, 08:39 PM

"Hello sweetheart, come on, get in, we are running behind schedule a little bit and Caina doesn't do to well with deviation." Trish said with a small laugh. "I'm Caina's manager and sister-in-law, my name is Trish." She ushered Maki into the limo and then tapped the window for their driver to start. "So I have a few things that I would like you to sign, basic documents stating you won't divulge any information pertaining to Caina or her life without express permission." She began pulling out papers for Maki to sign. "Today you are just meeting her and discussing a few things including schedule so that we can find a proper time to paint you.” She smiled. “I’m very excited that you have this opportunity, and I think it’s going to be very good for her.”

Trish gave off a warm vibe and she seemed easy to talk to, she pulled out her phone and sent an email to Caina telling them they would be a little late.

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 05-31-2016, 09:53 PM

"Ah, right, sorry for the wait."

Maki got into the limo and held the papers in hand, her eyes basically skimming over the words while not really understanding what she read. She was going to see one of her favorite artists, you could say that she was the reason why she moved to the city in the first place. Well, one of the reasons anyway.

Thankfully, Trish seemed friendly, and made enough of an effort to make sure she felt comfortable and understanding of what's going on. Despite her demeanor, Maki kept picking at her lips, her eyes continuing to skim over the words. She assumed that contracts like this were necessary, Caina was famous enough to warrant this kind of treatment. After a few minutes of more mulling, she signed her name and handed the papers back to Trish.

"So... manager and sister-in-law? Do personal affairs get entangled up in work sometimes?" Maki asked, genuinely concerned.

Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-03-2016, 09:40 PM

Trish happily took the papers back and put them into her bag. She then offered Maki a glass of water as she heard the question and nodded. “Constantly, but I find ways to manage. She is like a little sister to me though so it does help me be over protective of her.” She said watching Maki with a smirk. “So the contracts aren’t the only thing I have in mind to protect her. With that out of the way though let’s talk about what you. Are there any questions you have? Can I help you at all?"

She knew that this was strange, and probably also exciting, getting to meet the very recluse Caina was most fan’s dreams but Trish simply wanted her to have a friend. She wanted her to stop being alone.

Caina felt sick to her stomach, why weren’t they here yet, she ran off to her bedroom, trying not to throw up. She didn’t want to do this, she was scared.

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 06-05-2016, 05:47 PM

Maki mulled over Trish's question, suddenly coming up blank. She took a sip of water and then her eyes lit up. "Uhh..what is Caina like? Uh, in real life?"She figured that celebrities like her weren't what the media portrays them to be, but what can you really trust nowadays? She suddenly thought about what she would do if Caina isn't what she imagined she would be (but that's to be expected). Would she lose her love for her favorite artist, or even grow to hate her? Without another thought, she pushed the thought away, taking another sip of water.

Maki figured they were close to Caina's place by now.

Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-07-2016, 10:59 PM

“She is just as shy and recluse as they say in the papers. It’s actually one of the reasons her brother and I made up this contest, you get to be famous for a little bit and she gets to talk to someone. It will be fun for you and it’s needed for her.” She said, sipping her water again as she looked Maki. “She is also a sweetheart, when she was making the most money she was donating her money to animal shelters, I’ve always told her she should get a cat. Do you have any pets?” Trish was very personable and she liked to know peoples’ stories. The limo finally stopped and she smiled getting out and holding out a hand for Maki. She was nervous about this, but she hoped that Caina would trust her on this. Her little sister-in-law needed a friend.

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 06-07-2016, 11:58 PM

Maki smiled. "I do have a cat, although I didn't see her during my little whirlwind this morning," she laughed. She was sure she left the house with enough cat food for Bahir. Either way, he would try to find food somewhere else if he can't find any. She quickly made a text to her next-door neighbor, asking him to check on the cat every once in a while. 'And please feed him if he starts getting antsy! IOU' Maki looked up at Trish as she bit the inside of her mouth. She knew that Caina gives quite a lot to animal shelters, yet beyond that and what she found on the internet, Maki really doesn't know much about her. The thought scared her a little. How was she supposed to react to someone who is basically a stranger to her otherwise?

At Caina's place, Maki took Trish's hand, comforted by treatment she was getting. She looked up at the high-rise and whistled, remarking at its size.

Last edited by LaClef-a-Verite; 06-16-2016 at 04:37 AM..

Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-13-2016, 11:29 PM

“Sorry about that. I’m sure that this is going to be an eventful day.” She smiled, “And try to think of this as the first day of school when meeting her. If things don’t go well after today you don’t have to meet with her again.” Trish really hoped that wasn’t the case though because she really wanted Caina to leave the apartment. She wanted Caina to finally let go of the past.

She led them into the elevator and took it up to one of the upper levels and then got off, leading Maki to a set of stairs and then up that flight and then finally to a door. “Alright we are here sweetie.” The door was opened but there was no one there, well there was but Caina was hiding behind the door. “You are late Trish.” She said in a soft but stern voice. “You can leave, I will take it from here.”

“Nope, that’s not how this goes sweetie. Come on in Maki, make yourself at home. Would you like anything to drink? S-Caina, stop hiding behind the door and go get your guest a drink.” Slowly the door shut and Caina could be seen. She was only 5 foot, and very petite but it was hard to tell because she had a full cloak on with black paint stained gloves and a mask on as well. The only real thing about her that Maki could see was a few strands of red hair and piercing green eyes. Caina stared at her for a little bit before running off to start the water for tea for Trish. Trish always loved a cup of tea when she came over and normally wouldn’t leave without one.

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 06-14-2016, 12:30 AM

"Somehow I imagined Caina to be...a little bit taller?" Maki mindlessly mused, her thoughts distracted by her favorite artist's apartment. It seemed so normal, so quaint, despite the fact that it was a high-rise and that she could afford a place of this size. She thought of her small house right at the outskirts of town, sizeable and affordable enough. Compared to this though... it made her want to get a place like that.

"Oh uh, just water?" She took a seat at a nearby couch, trying to calm down her own frantic heartbeat. She couldn't believe that she was actually there, in her presence. She thought she could never see the day where she'd get so close to her. Basically breathing the same air. The whole outfit she had on sort of scared her a little, though. Is this what most artists are like?
[/font]

Last edited by LaClef-a-Verite; 06-16-2016 at 04:37 AM..

Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-16-2016, 02:17 AM

“Yeah she is a bit of a chibi.” Trish commented as she watching her sister-in-law run away to prepare the drinks. There wasn’t much furniture so the place looked a bit empty, almost like she was trying to make it so that people didn’t feel comfortable to stay for long. What there was, was art supplies scattered everywhere, paint sketchbooks, everything, and it was all over the coffee table and the dining room table, even a few stacks on the floor. Absent-mindedly Trish began to clean up. “If she doesn’t talk to much don’t take it to heart. Like I said she is shy.” Finally Trish gave up and just sat back down. “I will leave soon but I gave you my number in case anything happens. You will be here the rest of the day so I will place food orders for lunch otherwise she will forget. Are you allergic to anything?” She asked, trying to remember everything she had to do to make sure these two had the perfect chance to get along.

Caina came back with the tea and water. “You know me to well Sis.” Trish said as she began to sip her tea. “Well I should be off, text me if you need anything.” She said as she finished her tea, waving good bye she headed out of the door leaving the two in silence.

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 06-16-2016, 04:36 AM

Maki shook her head. No allergies, fortunately. Some food sounds nice right about now. The only thing she had managed to grab before she left that morning was poorly made toast, one side blackened due to her negligence and how late she was getting. She figured that Caina wasn't much of the talking type, what with her sending her manager over to pick her up. When was the last time she stepped out of the apartment? The thought almost made her swoon; it must be nice to hole up inside. The more she thought about it, though, the more she felt that it would be a little bit lonely. At least she had Bahir with her. Who does Caina have?

She peered over at Caina as she sipped from her glass. Maki waved to Trish before she left, and they were left with an almost indeterminable silence. It was maddening. "So, uh." She turned away from her eyes, somehow thinking that she wasn't on her level enough to directly look her in the eyes (as silly as that sounds). "Do you have any pets?" She mentally kicked herself at the question. Of course Caina doesn't have pets, she was supposed to know everything about her. Stupid, stupid. All that signaled her inner beating was an overly large smile.

Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-16-2016, 11:35 PM

“No, no pets.” Caina said as she took the empty glass from Maki and took it back to the kitchen, then she came back out. “I want to draw you with the city as a back drop, are you fine with that?” She asked as she un-straightened everything that her sister-in-law had straightened. She had a system and Trish was always coming in and messing with it. She meant well but Caina just didn’t like it. Caina also didn’t like that the girl seemed so nervous. “You can listen to music if you want.” If that would help her at all then that would be best. She didn’t like the feeling of the awkward silence, especially since she enjoyed th silence and she could feel Maki’s nervousness invading it. She didn’t like that. She didn’t like the feeling that someone was invading her perfect silence. Maybe talking would be better then this. She just was to scared to talk.

She had spoke to anyone other then her family since high school. Even for food she either made her own or ordered from online places. Often times though she would just make her own food. She didn’t like having to open the door for people. “I thought about a cat, but I didn’t want to go out to look for one that I liked.” She whispered.

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 06-17-2016, 05:32 AM

"Uhh, yeah sure. That sounds alright." Maki was taken aback for a moment, wondering why Caina had asked her for her opinion on the work. "Sorry, I'm confused, I thought I was just here to model for you. I didn't know I would be asked for my own input on this, too." It wasn't like she was genuinely appalled, but more like surprised. She thought she would have to just sit there and be done with it. Speaking of which, she could have picked out better clothes to model in. What she was wearing was her usual fare, skinny high-waisted jeans with a tank top and a bomber jacket. Maybe this was the whole point of the project, for a more realistic view on life, but still. She wished she as given more direction to follow at least.

Maki was a little more confused when Caina suddenly dropped her voice to a whisper. "Sorry, why are we whispering?" she asked, in the same whisper-tone she used.

Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-30-2016, 12:52 AM

Caina didn’t know how to explain it. She wasn’t asking Maki’s opinion on the painting but rather if Maki was okay with going outside to the Balcony. For many reasons Maki could have wanted to avoid the balcony, fear of heights, it being to cold and and so on. She didn’t know how to explain that in a few words and she really didn’t feel like talking. Instead of responding she just lead the way out to the balcony, her easel was already set up and there was a single seat in front of the easel for Maki to sit in. Caina pointed, not wanting to explain that she was terrified of this girl which was why she was whispering or that she had no idea how to really interact with people. The mask hid all, the mask kept her safe, and that was why, subconsciously, she adjusted it before picking up her paint brushes. With a paint brush in her hands she seemed to change a bit. Suddenly she seemed taller, more confident, like she knew she had power and she knew how to control it.

Caina’s eyes shone brightly, this right here was her world. This was where she was most comfortable. As soon as Maki sat Caina would start painting and very few things could disturb her while painting.

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 07-01-2016, 01:42 AM

Maki stood up, still a bit confused as to why Caina was like this but she guessed stars like her were different close up. She didn't expect much out of it but this was sort of a stretch. Oh well. She didn't think it mattered much, as long as she could help contribute in some way. She walked over to where she had pointed and sat down, unsure of how she should sit. "Uhh, do I just sit straight like this?" There was an apologetic tone to her question. Maki sort of twisted this way and that on the chair, straightening up her back and then slouching a bit. She could not seem to feel relaxed around her. What's more, the mask Caina had on still sorta creeped her out.

Was there something she wanted to hide? Maki wasn't sure if she had actually seen Caina's face before, even though she spends a lot of time online. All she could focus on her face were Caina's green eyes, striking, and seemed to have a sort of confidence once she grabbed her brush. This was the sort of person Maki idolized.

Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-09-2016, 12:42 AM

“Do you read?” She asked and realized that she probably should talk more. She had to clear her throat a bit. “It would probably help if you focused on something other then trying to look natural.” She said as she put down her brush, the confidence gone. Caina stood and looked at the painting rubbing her head. This was a lot more difficult then she thought it would be. She really wasn’t used to having someone in her protected little space. She wanted to take the mask off and rub her eyes but she couldn’t show her guest her face, it would scare her away more then she was already scaring her now.

“I’m not good at this and I’m sorry. People are not my strong subject, paintings are.” She sat back down. She was so used to being alone and she preferred it that way but it seemed that she didn’t have much of a choice this time.

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 07-10-2016, 03:40 AM

"Uhh, I haven't touched a book since college but I've been meaning to pick up a book recently," Maki laughed. "What do you suggest? You seem to have a lot of books here." At the mention of not having much experience with people, she shook her head and smiled. "Don't worry about it." She simply said. Maki had to admit, she was really curious about the whole mask thing but she decided to breach that subject when there seemed to be an opening. At least she worked with people enough to know when to back off.

She got up and walked to the bookshelf, awaiting any suggestions. Some of the titles she had heard of, but she noted a few that looked dense.

Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-19-2016, 01:15 AM

Books was something she could talk about. She could talk about books. “It completely depends on what you like reading.” She went over to the bookshelf, taking off one of her gloves and pulling it off. She took a book of the shelf. “If you like Romance I would suggest this one.” It was a book about aliens from another planet, but it wasn’t your normal sci-fi romance novel. “But if you like historical fiction I would suggest this one.” She said pulling out another book that was set in world war 2, “But it will make you cry.” She put both books away and rubbed her arm. “So yeah, feel free to take anything off the shelf.” She turned to walk back to her easel so that she could go back to painting. That was way more talking then she was used to.

The books were ordered the way they would be in a library even without the actual markings on them. She was a very organized person.

LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 07-24-2016, 11:00 PM

Maki looked at the books Caina brought out. They weren't ones she had heard before, although she had a feeling about the WWII one. On second thought, she remembered reading so much on the subject back when she was younger that the stories seemed to blur together. She wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. Despite that, she asked, "Are you cool with me taking this one home?" Maki waved the sci fi-looking one in hand and smiled. It seemed interesting and she didn't really have an interest in science fiction when she was younger. Maybe her tastes would change if she tried it out.

She watched Caina go back to her easel and continue painting. "Oh, I'm sorry, do you still need me to sit still?" she asked, not really used to being painted.

Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-24-2016, 07:33 PM

Caina nodded slowly. “Books are meant to be shared… so I don’t mind.” Her voice still had a slightly scared quality to it, though it was hard to tell if she was afraid of Maki or afraid to speak her mind, or both. When Maki specifically asked for the sci-fi one Caina pulled it out and handed it over. “It’s really good, it’s what inspired my interstellar paintings.” Though Caina wasn’t even sure if Maki had seen that set, they were a few years old now. Rubbing the back of her head Caina nodded. “If you would just go back to the bench then you can sit there and read and that should be still enough for me while I paint.” She then nodded again but more to herself then Maki. If she timed it properly she would start the shading right as dusk began to fall which would just be a perfect time to start that.

The colors of dusk were some of the most beautiful, and with the blond highlights in Maki’s hair the sun would light them up different colors as it began to sleep. Just the thought made Caina want to paint again so she walked over to the easel and started to get to work again, drawing in some of the back ground.