Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 06-25-2022, 02:44 PM

How's your summer going? Any fourth of july plans? Anything exciting/fun you did in June? O: I'm actually attending a online 18+ bl convention this weekend. So cool to see mangaka from japan draw! Also I'm going to an anime convention in Toronto in the middle of July! I'm very excited!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 06-25-2022, 09:09 PM

My biggest plan that I wanted to do this year (visit Yellowstone Park with a friend) is being postponed for a year or two due to massive flooding.
I have no plans for July 4th beyond work in the morning and comforting my poor soon-to-be traumatized again cats.
As for June...so far I've...gotten another year older, which was celebrated by...buying myself my own celebratory dessert and a new bicycle and that's about it.

Idk. I just don't have the money to do much and with gas prices getting higher, I doubt my friend and I will go on very many "adventures" this summer, so it'll be pretty boring.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 06-27-2022, 03:29 PM

Oh, man, that flooding was pretty bad...

I get the day off work for the fourth~ Aww, I don't even know if my new cat is afraid of fireworks or not and I'm pretty sure there will be a fireworks show in the park that I live next to..

Do you cycle a lot? o: I should really get into exercising more...

Yeah, the gas prices are such a pain... I hope they aren't too bad when my sister and I visit Toronto...

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 06-27-2022, 10:25 PM

Yeah, I was honestly pretty surprised by the flooding. Especially since where I live (closer to central MT) we've barely had any rain at all this year. It's easy to forget that the weather can vary a lot in other parts of the state.

Awww. I hope your kitty does well! One of mine isn't too bad and will probably just chill with me on the bed and I can do some crafts or something with him. The other is very scared of loud noises and tends to hide in a little nook between the stove and my cabinets. Tbh, I may clean out the area by my trash can this year (a slightly larger area across from where he usually hides and safer to put blankets over/around than my gas stove) and try building him a sound-muffling bunker. Also totally forgot that I get this Saturday off from my one job for the holiday (it's hard to explain, but it's a city job so holidays are a bit different than other jobs I've had) and I only work until 12:30 on the 4th.

I haven't in a while tbh because in 2020 I decided that I wanted to repaint my bike. Only to have my friend who said I could use their backyard never actually help me bring my bike over to paint it. So I kept a few parts for future repairs and am scrapping the rest because it was a dumb idea and I know I don't trust myself to get the bike back together properly anymore. So I bought a new one and if I can just figure out how to raise the handlebars, I'll be cycling a lot more.

I'm kind of glad I don't have a car because gas is just absolutely ridiculous these days. Seems like it's higher every day.
I hope it chills out and isn't too bad for your trip too!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-01-2022, 05:55 PM

They sure seemed pretty unexpected.

Thanks! lol That sounds like a good idea. Hope he'll be okay~ Nice! I get to have a 3-day weekend.

Aw. I have a bike I haven't used in so long... Should try to get back to using it.

Yeah, I wonder if I should switch to alternate transportation... Thanks!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 07-06-2022, 03:22 PM

Well, Shade stole Batty's bunker on the 3rd and 4th so Batty toughed out the big night with me on the bed. I think he was mostlu fine except when people were setting off fireworks really close to the apartment. But those made me jump too so I can't blame him.

Left the bunker up as people usually set them off for a few days after, but I only heard a couple last night so I'll probably take it down later today.

Awww use that poor, neglected bike!

ChaosSeeker
Im back

Old 07-10-2022, 02:19 AM

I am just working, doing the norm

XxZombie.Mama.NephxX
Snakes & Crossbones

Old 07-25-2022, 11:06 AM

Not a whole heck of a lot. I just registered to go for my road test. Unfortunately it's not until December 8th 2022. >.<

Oh look... Nephila found her alt accounts password. Dun dun daaaa.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-01-2022, 08:24 PM

The anime convention in Toronto did not go so well... Had to stand in line outside for 3 and 1/2 hours just so they could check our vaccine cards.... Hate that most of the panels I wanted to go to were scheduled around the same time too. And then I crashed my car right after the con ended. Apparently I suck at yielding to traffic when I'm turning left in an intersection. I hope I get a new car soon. Insurance got me a good amount of money. ; w; Been using the bus to get to work.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 08-04-2022, 01:12 AM

Oh no! Sorry the con didn't end up being as good as you'd hoped! And doubly sorry to hear about the car. Hope no one was hurt at all.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-04-2022, 09:00 PM

Yeah, thankfully no one was injured and everyone was able to walk or stumble out of their cars... So glad I only hit one car too...

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 08-11-2022, 09:28 PM

So...other than disappointing con and big car whoopsie, how's the summer been?

It's been pretty boring for me. As I figured, adventures/trips out of town are pretty much not happening due to gas prices so it's mostly been work, sleep, repeat. But I've worked on my craft projects and also read more than I usually do, which is good. (I've actually finished/made more things this year than I have in the last few years combined probably. Lol)

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-12-2022, 06:18 PM

Guess it's been pretty good at work. I'm glad it's so chill that I get to read and be on avatar forums while there. X3 I wish I'd work on art more. I've only done random traditional sketches and I barely complete those. XP

Glad it's been more productive for you!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 08-12-2022, 07:09 PM

Yeah! Go make art! Lol
I imagine sometimes it's just hard to get inspired to work on stuff.

Yeah....it doesn't feel that productive, but when I think it, I've finished a "big" project (a shawl), made 2 stuffed animals for a coworker, finished a mostly done stuffed animal, and have started 2 separate temperature blankets (neither of which is anywhere near where they should be if I was working on them the way you're supposed to...).
This still isn't a lot, but it's more than I've done in a while. XD

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-13-2022, 07:08 PM

lol I sure want to.. Always feel like there's other stuff that needs to be done...

Sounds awesome to me! I'd love to see pics! o wo

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 08-16-2022, 09:17 PM

Yeah, I know that feeling. It can be really hard to balance life and it's easier to put hobbies aside than other things.

Of course! I'll see what I have for pictures.
Hmmm...my phone's being a butt today so the only picture I could get was the current mitered square temperature blanket. Just started day 11 (or square 12). Because of the math to make a good blanket size, I needed 2 extra squares so I'm just doing a "blank" square at the beginning and end. Once I hit square 16, I'll have to take a break for some quick pattern tests to figure out how the next row of squares attaches.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 08-28-2022, 02:52 AM

...and these are the stuffed animals I made for the coworker. A fox and a frog based on the strawberry poison dart frog (but with an orange body instead of red)

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-30-2022, 04:57 PM

Ooh! The blanket looks like it'll be so cute! Hope you're successful in your attempts to attach the next row. XD

Aww, the animals look so soft and snuggly! > w<

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 09-05-2022, 06:17 PM

Thanks! It's been too hot for me to work on anything the last couple weeks but once it starts cooling off (hopefully in the next couple weeks), I can start doing some tests and research for the row attaching.

They really are. I should make a fox for myself tbh. I try to keep at least one of each animal so I have references for future ones, but I haven't kept any foxes yet.