Flink
FRINKZIRRA
Send a message via AIM to Flink Send a message via MSN to Flink Send a message via Yahoo to Flink

Old 07-27-2007, 11:31 PM

Aries
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-27-2007, 11:32 PM

MENEWSHA SUMMER CARNIVAL 2007 Summer News Article and Lyrics Contest

• THE HOSTS - Aries and FlinkPamingo!

• FLINKPAMINGO

Flink joined Menewsha on February 09, 2007. Since then she has frequented the General Discussion, then later the Menewsha Nation forums. In the Menewsha Nation forum, Flink is the main story writer for the Menewsha News thread which brings all members of Menewsha all of the scandal and slightly silly news they can handle at the forum everyone loves!

She also frequents the Site Feedback forum, even though she doesn't always posts. And has made quite a few suggestions there herself. Other places she frequents are the RP thread, where she runs the Red Rose Airship rp and the Charity forum where she runs Speak Your Mind, the charity dedicated to getting journals for all members of Menewsha who want one, and she also runs "Ducks in a Row" the charity listing thread.

While Flink does love PMs, she's rather absent minded and forgets to clean it out. SO, if you try to PM her and it's not delivered or whatever, just try again later or tell her in a forum that you see her in that she's supposed to clean her inbox out once a week. XD

• ARIES

You may already know me as I have been around for so long.
I joined menewsha on the 4th of february this year, ever since I joined I have loved helping out menewsha and seeing it grow.
The places that you are most likely to find me are in the quest threads and the exchange, as I madly try to keep up with my goal of owning all of the female items.

You may also recognise me from The Menewsha Nation, where I am the manager of the 'Breaking News' thread. How can you miss our wacky stories and plots.

In my spare time on menewsha I like to take the chance to catch up with the members among my moderator work, the members are the best thing about the site after all.

I hope that you all enjoy the event, and have fun writing your stories and/or lyrics.

Flink
FRINKZIRRA
Send a message via AIM to Flink Send a message via MSN to Flink Send a message via Yahoo to Flink

Old 07-27-2007, 11:35 PM

• THE RULES
  • Follow the main event thread rules at all times. Check those rules here
  • Obey the TOS of Menewsha. If you don't know it, you can read it Here
  • All entries must be posted in THIS THREAD.
  • Entries for the news contest must be in the form of a newspaper column. If you want to include an interview, PM all those involved in the story and ask them questions. You may add things you made up for comedic or dramatic effect, but do not make up the whole thing.
  • Obviously entries for the lyrics contest must be a song.
  • All entries must be well thought out. If an entry is seen as just being thrown together for no reason, it will be ignored and not included in the contest.
  • News article entries may be between 200 and 1000 words.
  • Your entries must be YOUR OWN. If you are suspected of copying someone's entry, you will be disqualified.
  • You may enter each contest twice. That's a grand total of four entries.
  • You have until August 3rd to submit your entries. August 4th will be the day that entries are judged for the final time and the winners will be announced.
  • There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for both contests. That makes six winners.
  • Respect all people in the thread - the hosts, the staff who visits, and all those who post entries.

• HOW IT WORKS

News Article Contest:
This is the place where Aries and Flink will be placing the entires for the first contest, which is the news article contest. If your entry is not in here, please ask Flink or Aries why. It not being here does NOT mean it was disqualified, they could have just forgotten, so ask nicely to be sure.

The plot:
-Flink the farmer is farming one day (go figure)
-When her whalecows start a huge stampede through the wooden fences (which have disappeared) and into the town.
-Turns out the planks in the fence were talking plank aliens and chased the whalecows into a stampede.
  1. You may add onto the plot. That is just a basic plot. You can add people in as you wish.
  2. Remember to actually interview all those who you wish to include being interviewed in your article. Interviews should be done through PM or some other way that others cannot see them.
  3. For ideas on how to structure your article read a newspaper or see Flink's articles Here
  4. You may submite two entries to this contest.

Lyric Writing Contest
So what kind of writing contest would this be without some lyrics?
As with the news article contest, this will have a unique theme, that you can mould and shape into your own lyrics.

The theme is: Superhero theme songs.

The song is about a superhero that saves Menewsha from the evil plank aliens.
  1. You may add your own twists and extras to the theme, as long as you don't drift from the main one.
  2. Do not use direct lyrics from other songs, keep it original.
  3. Feel free to give us an idea of a tune you will be using xP
  4. You may submit two, and only two entries to this contest.

Aries' notes on the Lyrics contest:
I will be judging on originality, the ideas that you have incorporated into your lyrics. Funny lyrics are a plus, but more formal entries are also great, not that you can get too formal with evil plank aliens...

What are Plank aliens?

Plank aliens are aliens that are... planks. Like pieces of wood, usually associated with being the plank of a pirate ship. The ones you are to write about are planks with/without arms and legs (Up to you), but they do speak. And they speak English or whatever language that is currently known to man. If they speak a language other than English, please include a translation of what they are saying.

Aries
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-27-2007, 11:36 PM

• PRIZES

And now for everyone's favorite part! The prizes:
  • First Prize: Your entry published in the Breaking News thread + 2000g + a chibi headshot by FlinkPamingo
    Second Prize: 1000g
    Third Prize: 500g
    Honorable Mention (2): 100g each

Flink
FRINKZIRRA

Old 07-27-2007, 11:42 PM

• ENTRANTS
News Article:

Mikey Mita - Page 4
Username Censored - Page 6

Lyrics:

H_e_a_r_t - Page 6
Jesmond - Page 6
Mahinva - Page 8

All entries for the lyric contest will go below this. If your article is not in here, please contact Flink and Aries and ask NICELY. Just because it's not there does not mean they deemed it unworthy and ignored it. They could have just forgotten to put it in there.
  • WINNERS
To be announced at the end!

H_e_a_r_t
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-28-2007, 08:15 PM

I claim first post :lol: I will enter sometime...soon

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 07-28-2007, 08:20 PM

What are evil plank aliens. o__o
Do they have any relation to pirates?

Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

Old 07-28-2007, 08:30 PM

• ♥ » i have no writing talents,
    but i'll join in on the fun during the lyrics one later. ^^ <333

Fiziali
Fizi, Fizgig, Fizpop, ...(insert...

Old 07-28-2007, 09:02 PM

Evil plank aliens? Never heard of them, but this sounds like a fun contest. Think I might work on something for this. I don't have to draw, I can do it, hehe.

Caeluma
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-28-2007, 11:36 PM

hmm this sounds fun!

Peppercorn
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-29-2007, 12:29 AM

lol I am not a very good writer but I'll try! If I remember!

Aries
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 01:05 AM

Come on guys!
Look at the prizes :O
Get writing! =]

mikey mita
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 07-29-2007, 01:07 AM

i guess i'll try

i wish it were open topic though

;__;

i have a perfect article

Aries
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 01:10 AM

But then we would have had people doing really dud topics, and it would be harder to judge with different topics too.

Please join! =D

Aries
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesmond
What are evil plank aliens. o__o
Do they have any relation to pirates?

I will be adding some basic art of them later...
You could add art to your entries too!
Get creative people!

mikey mita
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 07-29-2007, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries

But then we would have had people doing really dud topics, and it would be harder to judge with different topics too.

Please join! =D
but

;__;

mikey wants to write about how one menewshan citizen posted so much not long ago that he broke the post cap leading to chaos on mene

xD

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Suteki Send a message via MSN to Suteki

Old 07-29-2007, 01:19 AM

Ooh, I'll try to do this n__n I hope I can do well.

Aries
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 01:21 AM

Mikey: I wonder who that would be... >>
xP

Suteki: I'm sure your entry will be great!

mikey mita
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 07-29-2007, 01:25 AM

Quote:

Mikey: I wonder who that would be... >>
xP

Suteki: I'm sure your entry will be great!
xDD

hmm i heard he was violently sexy and drove every menewshan (straight guys included) crazy

xDD

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Suteki Send a message via MSN to Suteki

Old 07-29-2007, 01:27 AM

Hopefully o.o;; I always underestimate myself anyways.

Though I'll try to have it in soon :3

Aries
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 01:27 AM

ORLY?
I am yet to meet this man then...

Suteki: You have a week to enter, you'll have it in on time easy.

mikey mita
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 07-29-2007, 01:28 AM

breaking news!-whalcow's abducted by plank aliens!

today at approxamitly 12 noon while everyone headed out for the carnival the plank aliens struck-they are reported to have kidnapped every whalecow in menewsha!

for more on this breaking story read on~

(do you like that?)

Aries
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 01:30 AM

I like it so far =D

mikey mita
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 07-29-2007, 01:32 AM

Quote:

I like it so far =D
:O

yay!

but imma be on vacation so it wont be uber uber long

;__;

Aries
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-29-2007, 01:35 AM

It doesn't have to be uber uber long, look at flinks examples in the breaking news thread :3