TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD
Send a message via AIM to TanaChan Send a message via MSN to TanaChan Send a message via Yahoo to TanaChan

Old 07-28-2015, 04:28 AM

"Right this way." The nurse said once Josiah had said who he was. He was led to a room where Atlas lay on the bed, his arm in a cast, a brace around his neck and a tracheotomy tube protruding from his throat, the white sheets covered him from the torso down. His face a bruised, e had a cut across his left eyebrow that was stitched and the same eye was swollen and purple. His nose had been broken and was taped up. His one good eye looked towards the door when it opened. He tried to open his mouth to speak but made a grimace as pain made him remember the tube. "He will need to remain here for a few days for observation, the men who attacked him did quite the number on him." He nurse said and stood to the side as she watched the pair, they were obviously not related and she wondered why this young man was the emergency contact instead of parents, or a sibling.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-29-2015, 03:55 AM

Josiah stared at Atlas for seconds before he tore his eyes away. Bile rose in his throat and he forced himself not to throw up just from the sight of someone he cared about being in this state. He didn't understand. They only parted ways a little while again and he looked like this now? How? Why? "What happened?" he managed to croak after another few seconds. Part of him wanted to run out of the room, or a least talk to the nurse in the hall, but he also didn't think he could leave Atlas alone right now. No one sat with him, so Josiah owed it to his friend to stay by his side.

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD
Send a message via AIM to TanaChan Send a message via MSN to TanaChan Send a message via Yahoo to TanaChan

Old 07-29-2015, 09:35 AM

"From what we gather a group of men jumped him, he put up a hell of a fight, one of them is in intensive care cuffed to the bed..." She paused before going over to Atlas and taking a pad of paper and a pen from the bedside table placed it so he could write. "Looks like he wants to talk to you dear, why don't you take a seat?" And just like that she was gone, the only sound other than the machines beeping was the sound of Atlas scratching at the paper with the pen before he tapped it to get Josiah's attention. He had written in large, shakey letters, 'not your fault, theirs and mine. Wasn't paying attention.' He looked at Josiah pleadingly, he wanted him to understand that it wasn't his fault, that he did not blame him for this happening.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-30-2015, 02:02 AM

Josiah found himself sitting before he even knew what happened. They were alone and a second later, he had a note to read and just the disconcerting sounds of the hospital to listen to. He felt in shock. How could any of this be happening? "How could any of this be your fault?" he whispered as he read the note. Josiah was at fault no matter what Atlas said and it just hit him with a holy strength. No more shock anymore; he just felt guilt and anger. He let this happen. Josiah stared at his knees where his fists clenched in the fabric of his pants. Every muscle in his body felt tense so that he could barely speak. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I pushed you away."

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD

Old 07-30-2015, 04:16 AM

'I was not paying attention.' Atlas paused before writing more, 'i'm sure I pushed too...confessing like I did, I'm sorry that you are afraid.' He let the pen drop before he reached out for his friend, his hand flopping tiredly.
He understood why Josiah was afraid, he had been there himself after all. He made a grunting noise that turned into a whine, making noise hurt, hell, breathing at the moment hurt due to the fractured ribs.

Last edited by TanaChan; 08-01-2015 at 01:48 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2015, 09:06 PM

Josiah eyed the note without picking it up. Just reading the words was too much; he didn't want to also touch them. Shaking his head, he moved his hand closer to let Atlas grab it. Even though he wasn't sure what he felt right now, he knew he couldn't turn his back on Atlas now and deny him such a tiny comfort. "You just did what you thought was right," he muttered before turning his gaze down to his legs again. "You should rest some more. Do you want me to get the nurse?"

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD

Old 08-11-2015, 01:39 PM

Atlas gave a tiny shake of his head, he had enough of the nurses here. He gave Josiah's hand a sqeeze before he started to drift off, his eyes closing slowly as he tried to fight falling asleep. He lost that battle quickly and soon the only sound was the machines beeping and the one helping Atlas to breath.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-18-2015, 03:51 PM

Josiah watched Atlas drift off, staring at their hands the entire time. He wanted to pull his away, to run, or at least go get something to eat out of the vending machine, but he stayed right where he was. Right now, Atlas needed him and until the other boy told him to go, he would stay right here. God, what sort of mess did he get himself into? Josiah didn't even ask what the fight was about. The guilt that he caused this made him stay his mouth.