Blossom:D
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-10-2011, 11:51 AM

"Yeah. It's pretty nice. Kinda lonely feeling sometimes." Gil led Nick up to the front porch and stopped at the front door and turned to Nick. "Do you wanna come in? I bet my mom would let you stay the night. You shouldn't be out so late."

PervertPrince
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-10-2011, 12:12 PM

"Okay, I'll come in for a bit. Not sure if I can stay the night though." He knew he would get hell from his parents for staying out all night but it was very dark and he might have some trouble getting home. He'd be able to say his way better if it were morning.

(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-10-2011, 12:23 PM

"Okay" Gilbert smiled a toothey smile, minus his right top canine tooth. He'd finally lost it a few days ago.
He opened the screen door and knocked.
A few moments later his mom was at the door. She was wearing her bed robe and looked exhausted, like she hadn't been to sleep yet.
She looked down at Gilbert and tears filled her eyes as she scooped him up into her arms. "Oh my god, Gil! Thank God you're safe." She pulled him away from herself using his shoulders as leverage. "Don't you ever do that to me again, ya hear?" Her hazel eyes looked deep into his green ones. Instilling a lasting reminder in Gil's brain of this night.
"Yeah mom. I understand." He hugged her.
"Come in. We have to call your father, he's out looking for you right now." She began to lead her son inside. When she noticed Nick. "Who's your friend, sweety?"
Gilbert looked back at Nick who was just standing there awkwardly. "Oh. Mom, this is Nick. Nick, this is my mom. He brought me home. We were wondering if he could maybe stay here for a while."
Gil's mom looked at the young boy. "Thank you for bringing my son home safely. Come on in."

PervertPrince
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-10-2011, 12:34 PM

"Thank you, Ma'am. And you're welcome," he said as he stepped inside. Politeness wasn't somethign Nick was used to but there were moments when one had to show proper manners.

(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-10-2011, 12:39 PM

Gilbert took off his back pack and handed his mom the heap that was Peter.
"Can you fix him?" He looked hopeful. His mom was good at fixing all kinds of stuff.
"Oh sweety. I think Peter Cottontail has gone to rabbit heaven, but I can certainly try." She smiled reasurringly at him and proceeded to take the muddy blanket from Nick.
"Why don't you show Nick to your room and get both of you a change of clothes. Nick, do you wanna call your parents and ask if you can stay the night? If not I'm sure my husband will be glad to take you home."

PervertPrince
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-10-2011, 12:50 PM

"Yes, Ma'am, I'd like to call them. Where's your phone?" After being directed to a phone sitting on a small table in the living room, Nick dialed his mother's number. Needless to say, she used some rather colourful words to express her feelings about him staying out so late. She did, however, say it was okay for him to stay over. Actually, her exact words were 'Fine. I don't care. Do whatever the hell you want, Nick. I'm sick and tired of your nonesense' before slamming the phone down in his ear.

He went back out into the corridor and said to Gilbert's mother, "My mom says it's okay if I stay over."

(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-10-2011, 01:14 PM

Gilbert nearly jumped for joy. "Yay! C'mon, I wanna show you my room." He grabbed Nick's hand and led him through the hall. They stopped at a wooden door and Gilbert turned to Nick. "Sorry 'bout the mess. I was in a bit of a rush when I left, so stuff from my closet is everywhere."
He opened the door and stepped over some junk on the floor. Hats, hangers, a baseball bat. Things were strewn across the room.
Gilbert opened the top drawer on his dresser and pulled out two pairs of pajamas.
He handed a pair to Nick. "Here. They may be a little small for you. The bathroom is right across the hall so you can get cleaned up and changed in there. We'll give our clothes to my mom so she can wash them before you leave tomorrow."
He grabbed a book from the night stand next to his bed. "This is my favorite book. When you get back I'll read it to you to help you fall asleep."
The book had a picture of two bunnies on the front and said 'GUESS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU' in large letters.
"Here's a towel that you can use to wash your face, too."

PervertPrince
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-11-2011, 12:00 PM

Nick took the towel and pajamas then stared with horror at the book. "Um, yeah...bunnies...."

It didn't take long for him to get cleaned up and when he put the pajamas on that Gilbert had given him, he felt like crawling in a hole. He looked absolutely ridiculous in them. Not only were they far too small for him, much smaller than he'd expected, but they were a dark shade of pink as well.

When he walked back into Gilbert's room, stiff as a board from the too tight PJs, he said, "What's up with these pajamas, kid? These look even too small for you."

(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-11-2011, 12:07 PM

(Don't be dissin' my bunny book. P: I can tell you I personally love that one! :D)

Gilbert looked up from where he was packing stuff back into his closet. "Those are my old pajamas. They're the only other pair I have besides these ones." He was wearing a pair of dark blue footy pajamas with bunnies all over them.
"These are my favorite pair. Besides, I'm much too old to be wearing the pink ones. I'd look weird."

PervertPrince
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-11-2011, 12:54 PM

(Holy, crap! You mean there's actually a book called that? XD)

"You'd look weird?! Oh, and I'd look normal?" Nick was just about ready to throttle the little boy. Instead he jsut grumbled as he sat on the edge of the kid's bed. "So, we gonna read that bunny book or what?" The eleven year old hated anything cutesie or girly but Gilbert had had a rouhg night so why not humour him and let him read his book?

(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-11-2011, 01:02 PM

(xD Yes, and I love it.)

Gilbert beamed with joy. "Yeah!" Gilbert grabbed for the book on the nightstand and opened up to the first page. He opened his mouth to speak, and then closed it again. He heard someone pulling into the driveway.
He lifted up the curtain and quickly let it flop back together again.
"It's my dad." Gilbert debated about what to do for a second. Then, made up his mind. "Well! Time for bed." He yawned over exaggeratedly. (Yeah. P: That's a word. I just made it up.) "We'll read the book tomorrow." He tossed the book onto the floor and quickly crawled into bed and covered himself up.
"G'night, Nick. If you don't get covered up and in bed right now you'll have to listen to a lecture from my dad. So if you know what's good for you you'll lie down straight away."

PervertPrince
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-11-2011, 02:12 PM

(You Americans and your strange kiddy books XD)

Well, that was sudden. Nick didn't really mind though. As long as he didn't have to listen to an eight year old read about some bunnies in lvoe or whatever the hell that book was about, he was happy. Nick quietly got under the covers next to Gil. It felt strange. Nick had never had a sleepover before. Were all sleepovers like this? Did they all involve wearing pajamas that restricted blood flows and books with bunnies? If so then he never wanted to have another one.

(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-12-2011, 02:05 AM

(xD Oh you know you love it.)

Gilbert's door opened and he flinched as the light from the hallway hit his eyes. He scrunched them together.
"Gil. Come out here now, please." It was his dad. He sounded irritated. Gilbert stayed as still as he possibly could. "Gil. I know you're faking it."
Gilbert opened his eye just enough to see the silouette of his dad standing at his door. The large figure began walking towards the bed.
"Gilbert. Seriously Gil." Alex lifted off the comforter from over the bump in the conforter which was most obviously his son's face.
"Gi- Wait. Who are you?" Alex was greeted by the face of an unfamiliar boy.

PervertPrince
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-14-2011, 10:10 AM

Nick wasn't expecting the duvet to be suddenly pulled away like that or for this strange man, who he assumed was Gilbert's father, to be the one who did it. "Um, my name's Nicholas Finbar, sir. I'm a friend of Gil's." He wouldn't exactly call this little brat his 'friend' but it would've been a lot easier than saying 'I turned into a dog, saved his life and now we're sleeping on the same bed together'.

(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-15-2011, 02:37 PM

Alex Robinson looked a little taken aback by this. "Ummm okay...?"
Thankfully, his wife walked into the room and stood behind him, a steadying hand on his broad shoulder. "Sweetie. Let's go to bed. The boys need their rest and so do you. You have work tomorrow, dear." she kissed him tenderly on the cheek, "I'll explain everything in the morning."
Alex sighed and lifted his hand to his face, rubbing his eyes. His wife was right. He was exhausted. This extra stress was liable to give him a heart attack. "Fine," He gave in, "but all three of us are going to have to sit down and have a serious discussion tomorrow."
Gilbert just barely flinched in his spot under the covers.
Alex put an arm around his wife's waist and let her out of the room.
He shut the door and Gilbert could just barely make out him saying "Hey what's with that kid in Gilbert's bed." Gilbert giggled and snuggled deeper under the covers. He could just imagine the look that was on poor Nick's face when his dad pulled off his covers.