Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 04-07-2010, 06:22 PM

This thread is meant for Evergreen and Esmme. ;)
Quote:
Name: Dar'ian
Biography: He has always been talented with music. It was only natural that his occupation stemmed from it, and now he travels about to appease the people who pay for entertainment. Honestly, he likes it better when he is alone, but Dar'ian isn't one to refuse a lord his services. Growing up around his own home gained him some doctor skills, though he isn't an expert - that doesn't mean he won't help people when he can.
Personality: One to enjoy serenity and peace, music and solitude, Dar'ian is a gentle sort that is open to be kind to most everyone. A bit of a doctor with his bed-side manner, he is loyal and kind, gentle and calm.
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Appearance: Musician

Name: Lord Lye Da Vinci
Biography: He was born into nobility, thus he's always known he would take over the estate. Lye isn't known for much other than his flippant decisions and vague appearances, interesting attire and odd attitudes.
Personality: A bit of a rebel when it comes to solid foundations, but isn't outright rude. He can be, but not usually. Very opinionated, he knows what he wants - and he's used to getting it.
Eye Color: Pale blue
Appearance: Noble

.Niklas
Vinty's long-time friend.

Last edited by Esmme; 01-06-2012 at 07:28 AM..

Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-08-2010, 12:05 AM

This is my character! ^_^
Name: Vinty de valour
Biography:Vinty was born in the forest which she must protect as a promise to her mother before she died.
Vinty is the only elf left in the forest and loves nature and rarely leaves the forest.
Personality:Quite, loves to sing, usually can be found climbing trees and poking her head out of them in windy days.
Eye color:Ice-blue
Appearance:

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-08-2010, 04:21 PM

"Vinty rhymes with minty."said Vinty one night as she walked through the forest. She was tired and noticed that there were no clouds in the sky, and she didn't see the moon either. A soft breeze blew through the air and caused vinty to shiver and quickly jump onto a tree's branch. Vinty sat there and looked around her...nothing but darkness and the sound of leaves rustling.
"This is creepy...."she whispered hugging the tree tightly for comfort. She was alone now...the only elf left in the forest. There were times when Vinty would want to leave the forest and go out into the sea, but she knew that her mother would probably get upset. Instead, she sighed and stayed where she was assigned to stay and made no fuss about it.

Esmme

Old 04-08-2010, 04:38 PM

The soft notes of his instrument filled the air about him, and Dar'ian frowned as a note sounded off. Leaning over to grab the pen he had beside him, the youth swiftly scribbled something on the paper that he had held down by a rock. This may have seemed like an activity meant for pleasure, but the musician was actually working at that moment. The piece beside him was going to be used the next day for his newest employer, a Da Vinci lord.
Sighing, Dar'ian looked up to the dark sky. What little light he once had no longer existed, and he would soon have to head back to the inn for some sleep. Slowly grabbing his sheet music and tucking it into a pocket before lifting his stringed instrument and using the strap to gently sling it over one shoulder. Work tomorrow.

((:XD Sorry for the general shortness. :( I have to go!))

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-08-2010, 04:50 PM

Vinty yawned softly.
"So tired..."she whispered and jumped of the tree as she heard a soft noise that made her ears twitch.
"What is that?"she asked aloud and wiped her sleepy eyes. Vinty noticed that it was very faint and then suddenly stopped.
"Wait, come back..."she said softly hoping to hear the noise once more. The sound didn't come back, it seemed to have disappeared into the night just as fast as it had appeared. Sadly, Vinty walked back to her tree and yawned. It was getting darker by the minute and her eyes began to droop down. She tried to stay awake but fell down on the soft grass and fell asleep quickly.

((It's okay, it doesn't have to be super long. ^_^
kk, I'll wait!))

Esmme

Old 04-09-2010, 10:06 PM

Dar'ian slowly walked back through the forest to return to the Da Vinci lands - and surprise of all surprises, he stumbled upon a sleeping form in the grass. His foot bumped into the sleeping girl, and he looked down in startlement.
"What are you doing out here?" he wondered aloud, kneeling and placing a hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright?"
The youth raised an eyebrow, regarding the still breathing female. Was she hurt? It didn't seem so, but then again, it was dark, and he had human eyes - thus he wasn't able to tell. Dar'ian shook her again, this time a little more. "Miss?"

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-09-2010, 10:21 PM

Vinty felt someone bump into her and had begun to shake her.
"Ughhh."she said waking up and looking at what looked like a man's face. scared she backed up.
"W-who are you and what are you doing here!"she whispered startled. Her first human she had met in a very long time. Vinty didn't even stand up or jump to a tree, she just backed up a little and looked at him.
Did he know she was an elf...If he did, would he kill her? These were the only questions that rose in her head.

Esmme

Old 04-10-2010, 02:53 AM

"Do not be frightened," Dar'ian said in a low voice, standing and holding his hands out so she could see that he meant no harm. "I am an entertainer from the Western Provinces," he explained slowly, watching the girl. "My name is Dar'ian." It was too dark to see clearly, but he didn't need to see to notice that she was afraid. "I apologize. I thought you were hurt."
Confusion flit across the tall man's pale face, and the breeze tossed his flowing hair around him as though echoing the chaos he was thinking of.
"What are you doing out here?" Dar'ian asked, tilting his head and letting one of his thin hands move up to keep the dark brown hair out of his face. "It's dangerous to be sleeping in the forest alone." Especially for a woman.

Last edited by Esmme; 04-10-2010 at 03:09 AM..

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-10-2010, 03:21 AM

Vinty stood up and dusted herself off and looked at the man. "My name is Vinty...I live here..."she said hoping he would kill her now. "An entertainer? what's that?"she asked confused. Vinty didn't know this man...she needed to know as much as possible and if he looked like he was going to hurt her, she knew where to run to for shelter. "No need to apologize...thank-you for your concern, but you need not give it."she said politely. "The forest IS a dangerous place, for those who don't know how to get out or protect themselves...but I'm fine."she said with a serious face. She wasn't mad, she just wanted to sound professional.

Esmme

Old 04-10-2010, 03:24 PM

"You live here," Dar'ian repeated, raising an eyebrow in amusement. "That is . . . different." Glancing toward the sky, he sighed. "I play music for people," the tall youth said, looking to the stringed instrument he had over one shoulder. "Which is where I'm going. I need to get back to my host so I can rest. There is a performance tomorrow morning."
He watched the woman with an amused expression. How odd that she would say she lives in the forest. It isn't unnatural, but usually they don't live this close to town.
"Perhaps you could attend . . .?" Dar'ian raised an eyebrow again, tilting his head in a questioning manner.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-10-2010, 07:51 PM

Vinty nodded. "Yes, I live here...is that a problem?"she asked the young man. She listened silently to what he said about playing music and looked at him in surprise as she remembered the lovely sound she had heard a few minutes ago.
"Oh, so you are the one who made that sound appear in the sky?"she asked. Being an elf, she really didn't know much human things. She only knew that they loved to talk. Vinty cocked her head to one side. "A performance tomorrow morning? I would attend, but I don't think I'd be welcomed..."she said. Vinty ran her fingers through her hair and frowned at the man.

Esmme

Old 04-11-2010, 11:10 PM

With a small smile, Dar'ian nodded. "What a silly thing to say," he said quietly, yawning quietly. "All you would need to say is that one of the performers invited you. They aren't really all that strict." Extending a hand, the youth nodded in farewell. "Perhaps I will see you in the morning then?"

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-11-2010, 11:19 PM

"Very well then...I'll give it a try...where is it going to be again?"she asked.
Vinty looked at his hand and copied him smiling.
"Perhaps you will."she added kindly.

Esmme

Old 04-12-2010, 03:51 AM

"Where?" Dar'ian tilted his head, thinking. "The largest estate, I must admit. Lord Da Vinci lives at the top of the hill," the youth motioned in its direction, "to the East. It is rather difficult to miss." With another muted yawn, the tall male bowed slightly, shifting his stringed instrument on his shoulder. "Until we next meet then, Lady Vinty."
With a three-fingered wave, the youth turned toward his destination, heading off into the dark. Cutting through some of the forest paths would be the quickest way back - so that's the way he headed.

((Hmm. Perhaps we should make it a new day? :lol: I won't add Lye in until the next day due to the fact that all he's doing is hanging out around his home like the Blue Blood that he is. :P))

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-12-2010, 04:23 AM

Vinty let him go and nodded slightly as he left.
"I'm sure we will sir Dar'ian."she said kindly and watched him go. Lord Da Vinci, top of the hill, and the largest estate in the east huh? I guess I will travel there in the morning...I just hope I don't get lost. Wait when does it start! I should have asked him....oh well I'm sure they will let me in..I just tell them that a performer invited me...right? she thought to herself then jumped onto her tree, she quickly fell to sleep hugging the tree.

((A new day would be nice. :) ))

Esmme

Old 04-13-2010, 01:55 AM

The next morning was met with the demanding shouts of Lord Lye Da Vinci himself.
"Where is the captain of the guard? I wish to speak with him."
A servant gave him a reply, and he sighed, running a hand through his short hair.
"And what about the performers? Are they all accounted for?" Another reply was given. Lye growled impatiently, shaking his head. "Will everything be ready by noon?"
As the noble paced through his large home, a few servants scuttled about to do his bidding. Woe to those who got in his way or made a mistake. He wasn't the most . . . forgiving . . . individual.
-

From where he was sitting in the front room, Dar'ian strummed his instrument quietly, listening to the beautiful sound that came from it. He was tuning it to make sure it was perfect for his most recent lord. It was also to keep him out of Da Vinci's way that morning. Who would have known that the male was such a tyrant within his own home?
Humming softly, Dar'ian pulled out his sheet music and smoothed it against the couch beside him, his brown eyes drifting over it as he let his fingers follow along.
I wonder if Vinty will show up today.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-13-2010, 02:21 AM

Vinty awoke and quickly jumped off the tree and dusted herself off. Vinty grabbed her head and tried to remember where she was going...she quickly remembered.Lord Da Vinci, top of the hill, and the largest estate in the east...just tell them that a performer invited me she thought to herself and went on her jouirney to this 'large estate' she never had heard of.
"Okay...I just hope I arrive in time."she said and continued to walk eastwards. Vinty had long since left the forest and was now in a small village. She quickly covered her ears with her hair and continued through, she was walking a little faster now.

Esmme

Old 04-13-2010, 04:47 AM

"Are you sure that everyone will be ready?" Da Vinci narrowed his eyes at the man beside him, and the servant nodded briskly.
"Yes, M'lord."
"And everything will be set up?"
"Yes, M'lord."
This sort of talking and bantering had been going on all morning. Nearly noon, Lye's inquiries seemed to increase with each passing minute. If he was told to sit or go and rest, he would complain that everyone was just trying to get rid of him - which, of course, they were . . . but that was no way to talk to the lord of the manor.
By the time the event was starting, Da Vinci was calm once again, seated near the front of the grouping of tables. A few gossips flit about near him, asking him this and that - but Lye merely smiled and bowed his head to them in response. He wouldn't speak with the other nobles - they would merely smear his reputation about ruthlessly.
Sipping from the wine glass before him, Lye let his pale blue eyes linger on a few newly arrived nobles.
-

Hearing the people gathering made Dar'ian sigh inwardly. He loved music, absolutely adored having it with him . . . but he really disliked crowds. Yes, he could block them out of his mind for a while, but it was far different than playing on your own. Sitting on the edge of the stage as a few other other musicians prepered their instruments, Dar'ian fingered the leather strap that held his harp-like instrument to his shoulder.
His mind wouldn't stop dwelling on the show - and the music. Glancing up at a curious girl who approached, he smiled slightly and turned his gaze away. Dar'ian really didn't want to be striking up conversations with the locals. After all . . . he would be gone by the end of the month. His brown eyes scanned over the gathering crowd with one face in mind: Vinty.

((Hmm. Perhaps she has a bit of trouble with the guards . . . and then Lye helps her out. ;)))

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-13-2010, 04:54 AM

Vinty began to run and after a few minutes that seemed like hours, she reached the huge estate.
"Yes, this must be the place."she said and went up the the gates and noticed guard.
"Ummm, hello there...I was asked to come by a performer...so I guess I just pass through the gates correct?"she asked scared and keeping her ears from sight. Vinty looked at the guard, his face and kept quiet...he looked scary and stared at her with an un-welcoming face. She sighed and decided to pass through the gates and looked around for Dar'ian.
((Yeah, that would work! ^_^))

Last edited by Evergreen Goddess; 04-14-2010 at 12:32 AM..

Esmme

Old 04-15-2010, 12:10 AM

The guard raised a sceptical eyebrow, shaking his head and shooing Vinty away. "This show isn't open to commoners, girl." It was then that a rather tipsy lord approached, a smile on his pale face. Lye slapped a hand down on the guard's shoulder, and handed him the drink he was previously holding.
"She isn't doing any harm," Da Vinci said with a grim smile, and then turned to face Vinty himself. She looked rather meek, and though she obviously wasn't one of the nobility, Lye didn't mind having her around. "Join us, M'lady." Bowing, he offered his arm, moving to stand beside her. She was, after all, rather beautiful. Striving for conversation, Lye let his pale blue eyes flicker toward the girl's face. "Are you thirsty? Or hungry, perhaps? The finest of the land's food is being served just over there."
Motioning vaguely with one hand, the tall lord smiled again, this time in a bit more of a friendly manner.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-15-2010, 12:22 AM

Vinty looked at the man and by the clothes he was wearing, she knew he was Lord Da Vinci.
"Oh!, thank-you M'lord."she said meekly and curtsied taking his arm.
"I'm fine M'lord...but, some water would be nice."she said looking up at the tall lord. His eyes pierced her soul and she couldn't turn away, they were beautiful.
"If you don't mind me asking, has the show started yet?"she asked trying to be polite. Vinty didn't know if they hated elves, but she didn't want to risk anything. She just wanted to see the face of the man she spoke with last night...but how would she know who he was?

Esmme

Old 04-15-2010, 04:31 AM

"Then water you shall have," Lye said with a charming smile, leading Vinty in the direction of the refreshments. He was amused by her polite manner, and patted her hand that rested on his arm. "The show will be starting in just a few minutes." Shooing away a servant that seemed intent on helping him, the lord let Vinty's arm fall from his before reaching forward to select each of them a glass of water. "Do you like music?"
Raising a dark brow, the male leaned against the table, crossing his arms before taking a sip of the cool drink. His short shirt gave off the impression that he may have wealth, but didn't wish to dress like the other nobility. Even the shaggy cut of his dark hair showed how "rebellious" he was.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-15-2010, 04:49 AM

Vinty nodded and followed him and smiled as she got the water and drank some. She looked up at him in surprise.
"I haven't heard music in a very long time, but yes I do love music....it makes me happy."she said kindly smiling at him.
"What about you M'lord, does music fascinate you?"she asked. She liked his kind ways and was surprised. She thought he was going to be a cruel man...one that had no heart and showed no mercy. Apparently she was wrong. So I made it on time...good! I'll be able to see him...I just hope we recognize each other...If this is the lord, then this has to be the right place. she thought to herself and smiled up at Lord Da Vinci. She noticed servants here and there helping those who needed it and providing the guests with food and drinks. So this is what a royal party is like....I like the quiet better, but this is nice too. she thought with a mental shrug of her shoulders.

Esmme

Old 04-16-2010, 10:11 PM

"Indeed," Lye said, inclining his head. "It brings me joy. And . . . feeling." He may have seemed like a caring man, but Da Vinci was more of an anger-based individual. He was known for fits of anger, and being unruly, even cruel. Though those days were behind him, Lye was still a very . . . unemotional (save anger) man.
-

The softest sound of a harp suddenly flit about the room, and the tall lord offered his arm to Vinty once more, smiling as he led her toward the table he'd been sitting at earlier. It was Dar'ian's music that slowly brought everyone to listen, the strong notes carrying a sense of hope and beauty. Blending in with a sudden uprising of other instruments, Dar'ian seemed a bit lost in the music, continuing his own part until it was deemed necessary to stop - which wouldn't be for many hours.

((This is sorta what I was thinking. :P
Yahoo! Video Detail for WHEN THE NIGHT FALLS))

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-17-2010, 12:38 AM

"I see....how nice."she said with a smile. Vinty turned her head to where the music had come from and gladly too Da Vinci's arm and walked with him to his table and sat down with him. Vinty looked up at Dar'ian and smiled. Is this him? it sounds like the type of music he had played that one night. she thought to herself.
"This is a very nice party M'lord."said Vinty with a smile.

((That's a very nice song!))