Castleofglass
Only a crack in this castle of g...

Old 08-03-2013, 12:36 AM

He didn't have to refuse her. Why did he refuse her? Was what she said really true? Was he really a cold, narcissistic human being? Was his heart really that black? These questions constantly plagued Zuri's mind, day and night. No matter how much he gambles or drinks, the agonizing questions would pierce his mind like kitchen knives. Am I doomed to be such a hideous creature for the rest of my life? He would often ask himself before he took another shot of whiskey, This cannot be. I cannot live like this. Often times he would rage and trash his study room out of anger, and the maids would clean it up the next day without a word. Most knew of his situation but the newer servants were told to do their duty and not ask questions, or else.

Before his so-called "curse", Zuri was indeed the most striking and most handsome bachelor in his town. His mousse-brown hair was always clipped and tousled so it always looked soft and playful, along with dashing green eyes that could, as some would describe, "make any woman melt". He had slightly tan, Armenian skin and a body that could swim hundreds of miles. He could have had any woman he wanted, and in some cases, he most certainly took some.

But of course that was the past. Ever since that night, he had transformed into something so grotesque that Zuri was tempted to break every reflection he found of himself. His brown locks turned into a grey-black, which now sat messily about his shoulders. His piercing green eyes became icy and edgy. His perfect complexion became paler and paler the more Zuri stayed inside to hide his ugly features. His built body had changed into something more thin, almost skeletal. His spine had stuck out abnormally and most of his ribs portruded, as if he had starved himself. Since that night, people would flee from him, whisper and mock him, sighing at how things used to be. Ever since that night, everyone had forgotten the old, beautiful Zuri, and only knew the hideous creature that he was now.

Zuri sat in his study now, rolling a pencil on his desk and sighing to himself. The papers underneath his elbows were stained with his tears as he once again cried at his unfortunate fate. "What am I going to do Sebastian?" He gripped the pencil hard as he thought of how things were, "I can't live like this. I want my old self back."

Sebastian the butler pushed his small glasses up to his nose and frowned. "Well sir, if there was a way to change you, I'm sure there is a way to reverse the change."

"Great thinking, Mister Obvious, but how?" Zuri snapped the pencil in half from frustration.

"Master Zuri, you are 20 now. The estate has been inherited to you, you have all the money you could ever have, servants that heed to your every whim and the most picturesque property to live in! Why are you so hung up on this-"

"Because I can't enjoy all of that if I'm ugly!" Zuri slumped in his chair, put his head on the desk and began crying. There had to be a way. It was impossible for him to live like this forever.

"Well, I recall the woman saying you must find others to love you for you and not for you appearances. Maybe you can find a woman-"

"That's it!" Zuri's head shot up, "I need to find me a woman, get her to marry me, and that will break the spell! Perfect!" Zuri's intense excitement lead to so much energy that he couldn't wait to start looking now. He ordered Sebastian to call a few local rich women and see if they can schedule an appointment to find a match for Zuri. "Also, bring the gardener up here, whatever his name is. I have a few orders for him."

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 08-03-2013, 02:48 AM

A lightly tanned, white-gloved arm rose to wipe the small beads of sweat that had been gathering at the forehead of the laboring gardener. He knelt in the dirt for but a few moments longer to trim the remaining bits of the hedge before allowing himself to stand. Letting out a soft sigh, Addison straightened himself up and stretched, letting his lean body relax after having been hunched up for so long. Finally! Everything is looking splendid, if I do say so, myself. A wide, warm smile swept over his features as he took a moment to look over the outcome of his morning's work. Not only were the vast majority of blooms blossoming, but the path was virtually leaf-free, the bushes were freshly-watered, and all of the stray branches had now been neatly trimmed.

Addison truly labored hard over the garden, if not only for his impeccable love of nature then by his will to help lighten his Master's load, if only by a bit. He had spent quite some time working under Master Zuri now, even before he was granted control of the garden, so he was well aware of the present situation. It weighed on him. Seeing Zuri under such bleak circumstances cast a shadow over Addison's naturally bright personality. Yet he would not let this negativity seep into his work. Instead, he strove to try bettering his Master's situation in whichever ways he could.

"Addy! Master Zuri wishes to speak with you immediately," a young woman called out from the porch.

Turning to face the maid that stood there, Addison addressed her with kind, teal eyes and a small smile. "I will be in right away," he explained in turn. Quickly seeking out his toolbox, he removed his dirtied white gloves from his hands and laid them away, as well as the white gardener's apron he had been protecting his clothing with. What could he wish to to see me for? As he laid the rest of his tools away, he let his mind wander over the possibilities. By the time he was back inside and walking down the halls, his blood was pumping hotly and he felt an anxious shiver roll down his spine. Stopping just outside the door, Addison paused for a moment to calm himself down. He was unsure of what caused such a stir in him at times such as these, but he wished to keep a good composure in front of Master Zuri.

Squaring his shoulders, smoothing down his white button-up shirt, and pulling up the hem of black slacks, Addison took a deep breath. Closing his eyes for a moment, he reached up to fix the low ponytail that gathered his golden blond hair at the back of his head. Just breathe. What is wrong with you? You have worked under Master Zuri for years. Feeling calmed, he opened his eyes and raised his left hand to knock firmly upon the door.

"Master Zuri? It is Addison, Sebastian sent for me." He spoke formally and steadily, but a bit of anxiety still clouded his thoughts. During the moment of silence, he fixed the fresh pair of white gloves that he had pulled on to cover the green-stained skin of his hands.

Castleofglass

Old 08-03-2013, 03:33 AM

Zuri had dozed off a little after Sebastian left him. After twirling a half of the pencil, his head sunk to the desk and he began to zone out. When he heard the knock and the voice at the door, he woke up with a start. He shook the sleep off of him and rose to answer the door. Addison! That was his name! He knew that he remembered seeing the boy often, but seeing as Zuri seldom went out of his room, or even out of the mansion, he oft forgot some people's names. He strode to the door and opened it with a small tug t the nob. He looked at Addison up and down and gave a stern nod. "Ah yes, Addison." He said, mentally trying to remember the name in case he needed to summon him another time, "Come in." Zuri turned back to stalk to his desk, where he moved the two halves of the pencil into the waste basket. Zuri pulled a chair out for the boy without looking at him and began to walk up to the window which had a clear view of the garden.

Even though he rarely went out to see it now, the garden always seemed to be picturesque and perfect. Why Addison chose to labor hard over all of this made Zuri frown. Why would anyone want to labor so hard over nature when there were more beautiful sights to look at, like himself. Well, I used to be wonderful to look at. But now... He caught a glimpse of his reflection in the window. A grave, grim face stared back at him, wishing to be destroyed. He slowly began to clench a fist, but soon refrained from breaking the glass. It would take several weeks, even months for the window to be prepared anyway. He huffed as he turned back to face Addison.

Zuri felt an anxious, almost worried vibe from the gardener, which seemed almost normal for the master. That was the general reaction when people looked at him. You don't have to look as if I'm going to eat you. He paced back in forth slowly in front of the boy as he began to think of his orders for him. "I am going to be having guests tomorrow. Women. Beautiful ones at that." He looked back at the window, "I don't want them to think that they're coming into a lair of some sort." Even if their master is a hideous troll, "I want you to make sure that the garden outside is perfect. No leaves anywhere on the ground, no bushes that have extra leaves on them, no branches that stick out, and of the like." He looked out through the window again. Even if the garden was flawless currently, he needed to make sure everything was alright. Hell, he might just clean himself up if that was what it took. He needed his former body.

Zuri looked at the gardener with stern eyes. "I'm not sure what you enjoy in clipping leaves and cutting branches, but as long as you make the garden perfect, I won't question it." He pushed his tangled hair back behind his ear, "Do you think you can do that?"

Arc Angel

Old 08-03-2013, 04:09 AM

Addison stood still and once again calmed himself as the door opened and he felt the icy gaze of Zuri briefly inspect him. While many cringed at the pale, skeletal form the Master had taken on, Addison's gaze rested on him with ease. It was not hard to miss the handsome man that once stood in his place, but traces of the past were still present in his current appearance, no matter how grotesque some of his features now appeared. Instead of feeling disgust while looking upon him, Addison instead tended to feel a small sense of loss. It was a shame what had been taken from Zuri. A true, saddening shame. His anxiety flatlined as he allowed a small smile to rise to his face.

"Thank you, sir," he replied politely as he seated himself, and let his back rest gently against the chair. His gaze followed his young Master, curiosity now playing within them as he awaited his orders. Is he not pleased with my work? He wondered quietly as he sensed the distaste coming from Zuri as he peered out the window. Have I missed something this morning? Addison's gut clenched itself in a knot at the mere idea.

The feeling of renewed anxiety intensified as the other man began to pace; it dissipated only as Zuri began to explain that he would be having guests. Eyebrows creasing slightly at this mention, Addison found himself confused. Beautiful women coming in, but what for? The thought of them being possibilities of breaking the curse did not even cross his mind for an instant. Instead, a childish sense of excitement breeched his facial expression as he realized what his orders were to be. Immediately, idea flooded his mind. He was going to be striving for the best performance possible-- if this request came directly from the Master, surely exceeding expectations could help brighten his mood? A warm smile leant itself to Addison as he looked up at Zuri with set determination. Even as his gaze was met with a stern look, he did not for a moment let his mood damper. Not when he had received a direct request such as this.

"Yes, of course," Addison replied with a hint of casualty, before adding, "You are understood, Master Zuri, I will ensure that the garden is kept pristine for your guests' arrival and their stay. I can clip around the blooms in the morning, then water later in the day to freshen the greens for their arrival..." His voice trailed off a bit as he reigned himself in, not wishing to ramble and crowd the air with unnecessary things the Master need not hear.

Clearing his voice after doing so, a touch of blush dusting his cheeks as his gaze met the floor, Addison nodded. "It will be done, Master Zuri. Might I also suggest fresh blooms for the interior? A vase of roses may do some good in your study, for example," he suggested in hopes of seeming helpful or maybe piquing his interest.

Castleofglass

Old 08-03-2013, 04:32 AM

Zuri furrowed his eyebrows at the gardener's hint of excitement at his orders. I think the fresh air is getting to this one. He thought as he listened to Addison describe what he will do to the garden. The intense passion Zuri can get from the gardener about nature made his lips curl into a small smile. He hadnt seen someone so intense about a subject, especially when he was talking to him. I should keep this one around often. He nodded to himself as he listened to the gardener.

He knit his eyebrows again when the gardener mentioned putting roses in the study and around the mansion. He looked out the window again. It wasn't like he was going to go outside and see the garden anytime soon anyway. The mansion was furnished with monotone, mundane furniture, which suited the master's attitude. All of the furniture was made of the finest woods; cherry, mahogany and the like. Occasionally gold scrollwork was inlaid in some of the more important furnishings, such as Zuri's bed and his desk. Other than that, the mansion was filled with browns and greys, along with faded wallpapers that used to be pastel blues and yellows and reds. Just like his own appearance, the mansion seemed to change with him.

He looked around his study, which was also drab and monotone. He pursed his lips and sighed. "I...guess I could use some flowers..." He walked back to his desk, "Though I will not be held liable if they die in my care." He said the last phrase sternly as he shuffled some important documents around. One paper happened to be the layout of the mansion. Maybe he could use this somehow. He strode back to Addison and handed the paper to him. "You can use this to figure out where you want to put the flowers, if you want." He went back to his desk to file the papers in their original, cluttered order, "Id suggest you start busying yourself now before the day is wasted." He waved off the gardener and began scanning different papers as he put them in a pile. Roses... He sighed to himself, Maybe they will wilt at the sight of me. Anyone would...

Arc Angel

Old 08-03-2013, 05:22 AM

As his thoughts ran into tangles with ideas, Addison nearly lost the glimpse of a smile on his Master's face. Nearly. His thoughts collided and stilled all at once at that sight, leaving him sincerely surprised and relieved. It was a small smile, and it did not last, but it stirred something in Addison's psyche. Did he enjoy my suggestion? Addison looked up at Zuri in wander, curious as to whether he had assumed the correct response. Surely something bright should be reintroduced into this home.

When he heard his Master's verbal reply, Addison simply overflowed with excitement once more. He did better to reign himself in this time, not speaking until he was sure Zuri was done and he was handed the layout, and he did not ramble once he did speak up once more. "Of course, I will care for them all personally. Thank you very much, I will not disappoint," Addison replied in a warm tone, his voice nearly musical as he accepted the paper and tucked it neatly under his arm. What snapped him out of his delightful daze was the suggestion that he not waste the rest of his day-- he may have stayed there too long. Suddenly realizing that he did not wish to overstay his welcome, he stood quickly and bowed his head formally towards Zuri.

"Right away, Master Zuri. Thank you again!" He spoke with enthusiasm, then quickly turned on his foot and exited the room, gently re-closing the door behind him. He again paused outside of the study's door, taking a moment to think about his new orders. I have much to do, so much to plan... I need to check on vases! Realizing how enormous of a task this could turn into, he bounded down the hall to mull over many choices he needed to make that night. Still, even while he was tending to details of what he planned to be an extensive project, he couldn't help but wonder his Master's purpose in this. Why the guests? The beautiful women... What is the purpose of their visit?

Castleofglass

Old 08-03-2013, 02:17 PM

Zuri glanced up as he watched the excited Addison hastily walk away to fulfil his tasks. He had never seen such exuberance from one person, especially around Zuri's presence. He sighed to himself as he again slumped into his chair. What I would give to be that energetic and happy again... He dwelled again at the confusion he had with the boy. Why hadnt he cowered away in fear at the sight of him, or spoke with a shakiness in his voice? Even Sebastian couldn't help but look away as he spoke to the master. It must have pained him to see his form every single day. The poor man. He must not know what beauty is anymore...

Not two moments later after Addison had left the study, Sebastian came in with a slip of paper. "I have gotten some ladies to come to the manor and speak with you tomorrow in late morning." Sebastian handed him the paper which contained the names of said ladies. Zuri peered over them and frowned.

"I do not know any of these names." He looked up with confusion in his gaze.

"Yes, well...I tried calling some ladies from around here but...they said no because they had to-"

"I understand." Zuri responded coldly. No matter what lie these ladies can construe, he knew that they couldn't come because they did not want to gaze upon the face of the current master that resided here. He let out a sigh and looked at the names again. Pretty names. He thought to himself, Although names are wind, I have learned. His parents had oft told him that his name meant "beautiful" in some language, which fitted him nicely on his formal self. But now he wore that name with shame and embarrassment. There is nothing beautiful about me anymore. "Where are these ladies from?" He inquired after moments of silence."

"The town over and some a few towns over." Sebastian responded briskly, "Some don't know about the transformation, and others haven't heard of you at all. I thought it would suit the master. You could say that..." Zuri saw that the master had trouble thinking of an excuse for the master to use about his...appearance. Old age? Depression? Loss of a loved one? They were the best excuses, but none of them seemed to fully mask him of his retched appearance. I guess I will have to make an effort to look presentable if these ladies choose to marry me. I need to break this spell as soon as possible.

Zuri stood up. "That will be all on that matter." He responded while striding to the door, "I...I'm going to have breakfast soon. See that that is tended to. I think I will walk around the mansion and the property to see that everything is fit for tomorrow." He could feel the butler gaping at him. The master? Leave the comforts of his study and room? It seemed almost impossible. But he had to. He waved off the butler with a flick if his hand and strode to the door that lead to his bedroom.

In his bedroom he looked out the window to view the garden again. The architects have designed the mansion to ensure that most if not all the windows faced the garden that went around almost all of the property. He spotted the gardener again, working diligently at making everything look perfect. He seemed to have gazed at him for a while, for he began to tilt his head in almost sheer study and almost began to curl his lips again. Soon after, he snapped out of that trance, shook his head and went off to change into day clothes.

Arc Angel

Old 08-03-2013, 04:13 PM

Addison must have walked over the exterior grounds of the mansion a good twenty times or so that afternoon, ensuring his morning's work was upkept and making small adjustments as he saw fit. He replanted a vine to better drape it around the base pool of a nearby fountain. He trimmed, retrimmed, and spot-trimmed the hedges. He procured a small ladder and hung up a few lanterns in each tree, to be lit in the early morning and late evening for a soft glow. He rearranged the blooms on their bushes to better cover their prospective areas. On the porch, he placed several bunches of multicolored flowers that overflowed their pots and appeared to drape the lower supporting beams of the porch in rambles of beautiful reds, purples, and blues. At the forefront of the manor, he decorated the entrance with elegant varieties of the most exotic flowers he has produced this season. He would have continued to dress up the garden all day, if not for his remembrance of his idea of bringing flowers inside. Addison was about to head indoors with his soiled gardening equipment once more when he spotted a group of maids chatting on the patio, laughing and whispering amongst themselves.

"Addy! What beautiful work you have dressed up the garden with!" she complimented, but humor in her facial expression betrayed her kind words. The woman behind her stifled a laugh, and Addison felt a small knot tighten in his stomach. Are they making a fool of me? Nonetheless, he maintained his composure and looked over them with a halfhearted grin.

"You all look lovely in the freshly-cleaned uniforms," he complimented in a genuine fashion, his tone dripping with honey, "but have the daily chores been finished yet this morning? Normally I would not find you out and about." Addison had an itching curiosity; that of a child's that would not back down, especially when he felt as if they meant him ill will. He was proven wrong as they spoke next.

"Oh dear, you are too kind," one began, "far too kind to be working for that wretched boy. All this wonderful gardening is to wilt in his presence." It only took those words to make Addison realize that these ladies were not there to laugh at him, but there to speak about their Master. Wretched boy? He stiffened where he stood and his grin disssolved, but he said nothing as the women continued on.

"Yes, dear Addy, I'd far prefer to be working for such a kind soul as yourself instead of wasting away for that... that creature..." another spoke up with disgust, wrinkling her nose as if she smelt a bad odor, and they erupted into a small bout of laughter again. A creature? Addison had lost his sense of calm, and every ounce of cheeriness left his typically warm complexion cold. His gaze cut like a razor as he stared down the small group. Addison felt his fists clench at his sides, his toned muscles from gardening rippling slightly in his anger.

"Addy?" the nearest to him spoke up, now with worry as she looked up at him.

"You wish to work under me for the day? Fine. The Master should not mind if I borrow three of his staff to fulfill my duties..." He paused, glancing at them to catch their surprise and wonder-filled expressions. They are actually excited about this? They truly feel so resentful? What hideous people, to speak about the head of their house so loosely and with such disgust! Clearing his throat a little, he nodded his head to himself, "Follow."

Addison briskly walked past them and back into the garden, setting them immediately to labor-intensive duties. He did not do so kindly, either, his voice cold and his words stern as he ordered them about. In a few hours, they will wish they worked inside once more. I intend for them to feel what it is like to work for a true creature. Master Zuri's current appearance merely masks him as one, but they face nothing harsh in their days inside. Addison walked inside shaking his head as he left them to work. Before beginning to rummage through storage for vases, he would let the head of the serving staff know why the maids were laboring outside, in case any were wondering. He would say, "They asked for fresh air, and told me they would love to help the Master be ready for his guests. They will be back in time to finish their daily chores, I assure you."

As Addison predicted, after a few hours of neglecting them in the garden, one came up to him all disheveled and asked for pardon. Eyeing her carefully, he would nod, but hold up a finger, "Do not let me catch any of you slacking or speaking such cold words. If I do..." He winked playfully and set off with an armful of vases that he had selected. The woman left behind shivered and ran off to collect her friends. The three would work with a renewed enthusiasm about the house from then on that day.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 08-03-2013 at 04:23 PM..

Castleofglass

Old 08-03-2013, 05:47 PM

Zuri dressed in comfortable day clothes, a white dress shirt with a green jacket over it, black pants the went to his ankles and posh-looking boat shoes. He didnt know why he even bothered dressing up almost every day; it wasn't like he went out, nor did the clothes make him look any better. Then again, he wouldn't have known. After breaking nearly every mirror in the house, orders were made to not replace the mirrors in his bedroom and study. His hand went up to touch his thin, dry face. I hate this body. The way it feels, the way it looks, everything. he had the urge to tear at his skin, as if doing so will reveal his former appearance and he could be normal again. A few weeks ago, he tried that. His torso was covered with pink and red marks after he stupidly thought that he could tear at his skin and hopefully grow into new, more beautiful skin. He stopped that after the words of the old woman echoed in his mind that night. Your vanity and self-love has made your heart black and cold. And until you learn to find good in your heart for yourself and others, you will be forever cursed into a body that is as retched as your soul. That night he had another episode, trashing his room and breaking anything he could. The next day, his room was clean without a word of explanation for his actions.

He sighed deeply at the thought of that memory. Mechanically, he pushed his dresser aside, took a piece of charcoal lying on his bedside table and scrawled a line next to a series of harsh ticks. Almost a month since I've been like this. He sighed again as he put the charcoal back and pushed the dresser back to hide the ticks. His hand went up to his hair again, as black as the charcoal laying on the table. He felt knots in every part of his hair. How long has it been since I brushed my hair? Or bathed for that matter? He remembered taking a bath a few weeks ago, when Sebastian suggested that it would help with one of his episodes. He recalled that it did, but after he noticed his reflection in the soapy waters, he refused it every time Sebastian suggested it again.

He looked at the door that lead to the hallway of the mansion. I suppose I should clean myself up, if I even want a sliver of a chance of getting any of those women to like me. Warilly, he walked up to the door, turned it, and let the light from the hallway hit his face. Cautiously, Zuri looked around to see if anyone was coming, to spare them the sight of him, and made his way into the bathroom that had been across the hallway. He had his own bathroom to relieve himself when he needed to, but it was only a half-bathroom, with a bath and shower missing from it. The master bathroom was across the hallway and was always pristine, even if the master never went in it. When he got to said bathroom, he opened the door and welcomed his nose to the fragrances and oils that scented the room.

Zuri undressed himself and stepped into the chocolate-colored bath tub. He bent his fingers once or twice before figuring out which knob does what and taking a long, warm shower. To him, it felt like years since he had felt something so good wash down his face and body. Of course to hurt on his stomach where some of the scratches hurt, but other than that, a sense of cleanliness and serenity washed over him. He ran his fingers through his hair, squinted to locate the shampoos and conditioners, grabbed the tiny bottles and began working them into his locks. He sighed a breath of relief that couldn't be obtained anywhere else. Why haven't I done this a week ago? He stepped out of the shower, wrapped a towel around his waist and caught a glimpse of his reflection in the mirror. Thats why. Since he never went into the master bathroom, no one seemed to think that he would be using it, much less looking into the bathroom mirror.

He studied the foggy reflection that stared back at him. His hair was slicked back from the water, which didnt seem to look like a complete mess now. His bony features glistened and dropped with water. The light from the lights above him made his skin seem to shine from the water, radiant. Even so, he still found things to hate about himself. His cold, old eyes, his half-starving body, his vampire complexion. I hate you. His voice echoed in his brain until he soon began to coil his hands into fists and clench them again. Just as he was about to make a move to break the reflection, a knock startled him out of his anger.

"Master Zuri? Your breakfast is ready. Shall I send it up to your room?" Sebastian's voice was muffled through the closed door. Zuri looked in the direction of the voice and pondered a little.

"No. Uh, I'd like to eat in the...dining hall today. See that it is prepared." He ordered before turning away from his reflection. He dried himself off, put his day clothes back on again, discarded the towel, exited the bathroom and made his way to the dining room.

On his way, he began to see some of the roses that the gardener must have put out. He stopped to look at the flowers, trying his best not to touch them. He hadnt seen a flower in such a long time. It made him curious and warm inside. I remember when I used to be that beautiful. His voice whispered inside him and made him clench his teeth. He quickly walked away from the vase before he broke it and again made his way to the hall.

He noticed that some of the maids were working diligently, and some bowed when he came near them. He looked at them quizzically, nodded and walked off. Well isn't that odd. Why are they not cowering away in fear? He shook his head and entered the hall. Breakfast consisted of French toast and crispy bacon. He ate it all with seconds along with a few cups of water. He found a servant walking by and he waved him over. The servant came over cautiously, like a puppy ready to be scolded. "Tell the gardener, uh, Addison that I will come out to inspect...the garden...sometime today." The servant nodded and ran off to fulfil his task. Any other day, Zuri wouldn't have even chose to go outside, but this new spark of hope that could potentially change him back gave him more enthusiasm than he let on. He had to make sure everything was perfect.

Arc Angel

Old 08-03-2013, 10:50 PM

Addison was waltzing about the estate in a happy daze, humming and stepping gracefully from room to room, wondering to himself where else he had yet to place flowers. He had arranged many smaller bouquets and placed them rather evenly throughout, but he found himself still wishing to adjust them and add new pieces to them each time he walked by. For this reason, he had a basket tucked under one of his arms, a damp cloth strewn across its top to secure the blooms he had placed underneath. As he saw fit, he would remove a stem or so of flowers to add to the vases he had already placed. There came a time were he grew pleased with how the flowers he had placed appeared, so he returned to the store room to fish out more vases.

The small store room was cramped, dusty, and the floorboards creaked in warning when Addison entered-- it was nothing in comparison to how the rest of the manor was kept, yet Addison found it eery how grave that comparison was. This really should be better up-kept... The Master may not see this portion of his home, but it may displease him if he ever did. That, and... He shimmied past some piles of foreign objects, many of which mirrors that had been removed or broken pieces of furniture, and just barely squeezed past a pile of dusty dish ware that was threatening to topple over. He placed his hands gently around a bowl to keep this from happening, letting out a soft sigh of relief as it was again steadied. ... and I don't believe it's quite the safest place for the staff to dig around in.

Near the back of the room were several vases and pots, of varying forms and materials, from which he had been pulling from to set his flowers in. Looking over the remaining selection, he spotted a few more to add to the mix of what he had already found, and carefully bent, reached, and lifted down what he found necessary. Withdrawing and unfolding the layout from the pocket of the black vest he now sported over his button-down, he studied the number of rooms he had marked as needing vases and noted each of those tat he had just taken down. The only room left that he wished to brighten up, he realized, was Zuri's study. But what vase could be so beautiful as to accompany the Master in the room where he spends most of his time? WHich blooms would fit such a place?

Shaking his head in distaste of the selection of vases he had just chosen, he made the stealthy decision to take a step up onto the shelving, wishing for a better glimpse of the higher shelves. His nose barely reached over the top shelf, but it allowed him a peek at something truly eye-catching. Reaching an arm up and onto the shelf, he worked his hand up onto the back of it and grasped a small, dusts-coated vase from its back. He then simply leaned backwards with it firm in his grip to inspect the precious item he had just found. After wiping some of the dust off carefully with a sleeve, he was delighted to see that it was a small, ornate crystal vase. It was clear in color, and the perfect height for a bloom with a medium stem. A medium stem... Staring at it for a moment, he made a decision, nodded to himself, and made off again with his new vase selection under his arms.

The news from the Master arrived in what was almost a disaster. As he turned the corner with the vases in arm, a maid came running down the corridor with all speed. Inhaling sharply, Addison barely made it out of her way, only for her to stumble to a stop not long behind him. "Addy!" she cried, appearing flustered as she paused to catch her breath. Raising a curious eyebrow, he nodded patiently, "Yes, what is the matter?"

"The Master will inspect the garden." She stated, seeming alert with concern.

Addison beamed, looking at her hesitantly for a moment before a warm laugh escaped his mouth. "Dear, is that all? The Master is to see the garden, is he?" Smiling to himself cheerfully at the idea, he shook his head a bit at her. "There is no emergency there. Please, watch where you are going." He replied calmly, then resumed his work, humming merrily. Master Zuri will be checking the garden, after all this time inside? Addison couldn't have asked for better news, quite frankly. I will make checks about the grounds after the interior is ready, but I am sure everything is still splendid in the garden. Returning to the idea of Zuri leaving his wing of the estate, he mulled over that idea for quite some time. Is this for his guests? All the fuss for these women... Shrugging, he naively disregarded the subject for the time being.

After a while, he came to Zuri's study, knocking carefully to unsure that it was empty before coming in. He had a small cart with him, carrying the crystal vase, a jug of cool water, and a group of the most beautiful, freshly-bloomed red roses that he could find. Smiling to himself as he set up the vase at the empty edge of the Master's desk, he took extra care in arranging the blooms just right. It took him quite a while. Truly, for a small bouquet, it took him a good length of time twice as long as he had spent on the others. Once finished, he leaned back to examine his work. If nothing else goes right tomorrow, I hope in the least that these will lighten his mood. Addison smiled to himself as he viewed the roses standing in the vase; the sun was catching them just right in the morning light. Nodding determinedly, he left and went down the hall again with his cart.

He waltzed past the dining hall, but upon seeing the state of the large, extravagant bouquet he had placed to match the enormous room, he reversed and decided to enter the room. With cart in tow, he entered the dining room still humming softly, removing some strands of lavender from his basket to place carefully around the edges of the existing bouquet. He quality-checked the blooms, ensured that there were no signs of wilting, and rearranged a few that seemed to be swallowing their neighbors. This was when he moved to reach the front of the bouquet, his back having been facing the area of the room that this part was angled towards. Then something made his heart leap in his chest. Nearly stumbling, he caught himself on the edge of the table as he realized that his Master was seated at the other side of the table, eating breakfast. He had not even addressed his Master since entering the room! Flushing with embarrassment, he ceased his whistling immediately and turned to face him fully. Bowing his head respectfully, he spoke up, unsure if he had been spotted.

"My apologies! Good morning, Master Zuri," he spoke sincerely, a small, shy smile on his face as he raised his head. "I am glad to see you," he then added curiously, not used to seeing his Master out and about the manor.

Halloween hangout + contests!

Castleofglass

Old 08-03-2013, 11:54 PM

Zuri had been mulling over his thoughts and plans about tomorrow when he saw the gardener step into the dining hall with a wheelbarrow. He wheeled over to the other side of the table to fix the huge bouquet that adorned the center of the table. Zuri hadnt even noticed the large bouquet until Addison had went up to fix it. He looked up and let his jaw drop slightly at the flowers. Not only were there roses, but there were several other kinds of flowers; lavenders, lillies, flowers that were made fit to adorn the drab room. In truth, the flowers really did accentuate the hall and almost made the room fill with light. His eyes then fall back on the laboring gardener.

Zuri found it curious how hard the gardener worked. After all, he was working for a monster. Why he chose to labor over so diligently over gardens the master rarely saw was something Zuri will never seem to understand. He studied Addison a little more. For a man, he wasn't all bad to look at. In fact, he was rather handsome. His face seemed almost wrinkle-free and he always looked collected and happy. Why? I don't understand. How can you get any sort of happiness living here?

When Addison finally noticed him, he seemed flushed when he didnt address the master. It wasn't his fault entirely; it's not every day that Zuri went out to eat in his dining hall. Addison's embarrassment made the master feel warm inside; he found it rather sweet that the gardener was so concerned about greeting him, which he also found odd. Why wouldn't he just look away or scurry off when he noticed him. Peculiar, peculiar boy you are...I should summon you more often... His lips curled up into a small smile again and a soft chuckle escaped his lips.

"It's alright Addison, no need to feel embarrassed." As soon as he noticed his pale, bony hands he remembered who he was. Ugly. Just ugly. He's only trying to be nice because he is afraid of you. His smile faded as quickly as it came. He sighed as he clenched his fists and looked down at his empty plate. If you're going to keep being angry like this, no woman will ever love you. He looked up at Addison again, his warm, blue eyes looking back at his master's icy green ones. I could...start now. He curled his lips again, which came peculiarly easy around the man. "You're bouquets...they're...they're beautiful." He averted his eyes to the bouquet so that he could look at the beauty again. "You...you have a talent, I must say...Addison." He looked at his plate again so the other man couldn't see his cheeks beginning to turn a pink tinge.

"You...can come eat breakfast...if...if you haven't eaten yet." Zuri waved his hand at the servants so that they could make another serving of breakfast. He let out a sigh of relief. That wasn't so hard, Zuri. You could practice on this one more often. He pulled out a chair, half-hoping that the gardener would stay and eat with him. It had been so long since the master had...friendly interaction with another person.

Arc Angel

Old 08-04-2013, 05:45 AM

Spotting the small smile playing across his Master's face, Addison felt a grand relief. Though still embarrassed to have not noticed him in the room in the first place, something about seeing Zuri smile calmed him. Even if, again, the smile was short-lived. It faded all too fast. Addison then realized a beat of silence had passed. Well, while surprised, have I altogether forgotten my manners? Shaking his head a little at himself, Addison's smile broadened and he replied again shyly, "Thank you, sir." Why did he not know to say this immediately? He was losing his touch.

Yanked from his thoughts as he saw another hint of a smile on Zuri's face, Addison was taken aback with happy surprise. He is in... such a good mood today. Has he always been this way? He tried to remember the last time he had spoken to or spent time around Master Zuri before that morning, but to no avail. He did remember, however, the tantrums... the anger, resentment, and knowing that Zuri lived with such tremendous troubles as of late. It played his heart strings to allow such thoughts to touch his mind, so he banished them with all haste.

"Th-Thank you, Master Zuri!" he replied in awe of the compliment he received, flattered to hear it but surprised more than anything. Looking up at the bouquet himself, Addison felt a sense of calm wash over him once more and looked back over at him with a renewed warmth. "I thought the grander rooms deserved larger varieties of blooms, and the garden has been producing rather well this year... " He began, then cut himself off for fear of rambling. Instead, he studied the expression his Master wore, as he looked down at his plate like so. Is that... a twinge of shyness? Oh, heavens no, of course not. Perhaps he is not interested in speaking with me. Rubbing the back of his head in thought, unsure of what to do in this situation, he finished fixing the strand of lavender he had just placed before removing his gloves and grinned back over at Zuri. It truly is a relief to see him outside of his study during the day.

Addison's prior thoughts of being unworthy of the interest were overturned as the invitation to breakfast was offered to him. Eyes widening in slight surprise, his mouth opened as if to speak, then partially closed once more. Like a fish out of water. A warmth gathered in his cheeks as he then nodded eagerly. "I... have yet to eat. Thank you, I would love to join," he admitted honestly, though he found it odd. Am I quite certain that he was not always like this? If not, then why now? The strange behavior... and he is having those important female guests over... His mind rushed as he removed his gardening apron to set neatly in the wheelbarrow before approaching to claim the seat he had been offered. Cheeks slightly flushed, heart beating rapidly, he had to force himself into a calm as he sat down. Zuri had quite the effect on him, though he would not yet admit it to himself.

Wishing to strike conversation, yet minding to not be so informal with the Master, Addison decided upon speaking up as the servants brought him out dishes and food. "May I ask when your guests will be arriving? Even just an idea of the time of day would be appreciated," he spoke with his naturally warm tone, his gaze resting gently on the man at his side. Addison felt the stares of the servants in the room; he realized that he recognized many of them, and felt the bitterness in their weighted gaze. Normally he got along quite well with everyone, given that he was polite and rarely unleashed anger upon others as he did this morning.

Ignoring their gaze, he instead focused upon Master Zuri's company, adding, "I also have a suggestion, if I may. The garden is just brimming with roses this time of year... Perhaps one can be given to each guest, as a sign of welcome? Any beautiful woman would appreciate such a gift, simple as they may be." Addison did not know the reason for their invitation, but he regarded the idea of giving the roses as gifts something of a friendly gesture.

Castleofglass

Old 08-04-2013, 02:55 PM

Zuri raised his eyebrows in surprise. He...actually wants to eat with...me? It perplexed him, but he dared not question it, in case the other man decided it truly was a terrible idea and ran off. The gardener removed his apron and gloves before he sat down next to the master, a common courtesy he guessed. Without the servant garb, Addison looked like a regular lord. He most certainly had the appearance for it. Yes...a lovely face...even for a gardener. When he began conversation, Zuri quickly stopped studying Addison. "Ah, the guests. Yes." He kept forgetting that he had guests coming over tomorrow, "Ah, Sebastian said they would be arriving late in the morning. I'd say around 11:30. Maybe 11 o'clock the earliest." He said after drinking the glass of water that had been refilled. He too, caught the stares of the servants, perplexed at the sight of the master being out of his room and eating with another human being. Even beasts need to let out once in a while. He shot them a frightening glare which had made them gasp and quickly return to the kitchen.

When they were gone, Zuri's gaze fell back on the gardener. Why are you not afraid of me? He almost began studying the other man again when he began speaking again. "Hm, roses for the ladies..." He pondered the thought. He would have never thought of that, seeing as he rarely saw the garden. "If...if it doesn't hurt the...the garden, I think that's a wonderful idea." His conscience began rattling at his brain again. Why do care so much now? You've never even set a foot in the garden, even before your change. Why is it any of your business? In truth, he couldn't pin point the reason himself. The other man had a strange effect on him. He didnt run away from him like the rest. He didnt decline the master's offering to eat with him; then again he could have just accepted out of courtesy. Even so, Addison hid any fear he had of the master well, if he had any. Could he really be...enjoying his company?

Zuri straightened himself up as if to shake away those strange thoughts. "If you must know of why I'm having guests over tomorrow, Sebastian and I have thought of an idea." The master didnt even think of how the other man would react to Zuri's speaking of his private matters. It felt more like the master was thinking aloud, rather than talking to one of his servants. "If I was changed into this, then there is a way to change me back, no? So we thought that we could find a suitable spouse for me so that I could court her. If said spouse will marry me despite my...appearance...then the spell will be broken!" The master did not even realize that he was talking to another person so...freely. Just before they began eating, he barely made out a compliment without pausing and stuttering at his words. Why was it so easy for him now? Could it be that you...you could be...a...friend? The thought of that made his spine tingle, but it also gave him butterflies.

Zuri had never had a true friend, even before his change. He was too caught up with his looks and his parents isolated him from the other children so that they wouldn't get jealous and hurt him. Because of that, he felt that he didnt need any friends; he was the only friend he needed. But as he grew up, he began realizing how much he craved human interaction. To be close to someone, to talk and laugh and cry with each other, like in those movies that his parents played for him. But who would want to be a friend to the likes of me? He looked back at Addison, always smiling and kind and warm-hearted. Maybe this one seeks friendship with someone as much as I am... Zuri sipped another glass of water in hopes to tone down his slightly pink cheeks.

"Yes, roses." He finally said after leaving the other man hanging on more words to the conversation, "I think that they would love those." He looked up at the bouquet and gazed at the arrangement of blooming roses. "Simple, yet beautiful things." In an odd way, they reminded him of how Addison was to the master. Simple, yet beautiful. In his own way...

Arc Angel

Old 08-04-2013, 04:30 PM

Addison found himself relaxing where he sat, still sitting up straight but now resting his arm on the arms of the chair and allowing his back to brush again the chair's. He found something casual about this. It was new, and Zuri was his Master, so the feeling was not exactly normal nor welcomed, but it put him at ease nonetheless. This was only added to as the servants scurried off. No longer feeling the weight of their gaze, nor seeing their mixture of fright and confusion, he felt a sense of freedom. [I]i can only imagine what kind of looks our Master receives, though... What have they to be frightened about?/I] Addison allowed himself to look at his company, curiosity dancing in his eyes as he let his thoughts wander. So far in their interactions- given, they were few in number and short in length- Zuri had never shown the amount of anger others claimed he was capable of. Then again, anyone who has been here long enough has witnessed his rage. This he had seen, in the aftermath of the tantrums, but he quite honestly did not blame the Master for his actions in those circumstances.

Having let his mind wander too long, Addison reeled it in and self-consciously removed his curious gaze from Zuri. Addison nodded slowly in thought as he was told the time that the guests would arrive, liking the idea of having more to to prepare in the morning, "Wonderful! Everything should be rewatered and trimmed by then," he commented slowly, his mind working at scheduling himself already, "The sun would have just started hitting the garden most-likely, and... Why, it's a grand time." Again he had stopped himself from rambling, having been speaking his thoughts aloud.

Addison's eyes drew wide as he heard the Master's response about his suggestion of roses as gifts. 'If it doesn't hurt the garden?' Looking at him in a moment of awe, he found that he did not know what to say to that. That is so... He cares about the garden? A slight flush lit up his cheeks, forcing his gaze away once more. It was not a personal compliment. Keep your head on straight! Snapping out of it and relaxing once more, Addison would smile and nod graciously. He was touched by the thought of him caring, nevertheless. "I assure you, no harm will come to the garden. I will clip one for each woman tomorrow morning," he stated with a happy ring to his tone.

He was lifted from his happy daze as Master Zuri spoke up again, leaving him to wander what it was exactly that he wished to tell him. Is this why he invited me to sit, he has new orders regarding tomorrow? However, as his intentions clarified, Addison fell to looking over at him in wander. He had been thinking over this subject since he was told of it, the curiosity he held had been boiling! Sebastian? A wise man, but what sort of plan did they...? Click. The spell. It all made sense now. This is the reason for all of the fuss, for his speaking to me so directly.

Lowering his gaze in thought for a moment, Addison felt a spell of... Hurt? No. "It is a marvelous idea, I can see how that could work to reverse it," he spoke up softly, a small grin reappearing on his face as he lifted his gaze to study his Master at the moment. Was that enthusiasm he had while describing it? Is this friendliness the after effect of his hope? Nonetheless, I have been glad for his company. Addison relaxed fully once more, though a small knot of... something still twisted at his gut. "It will work! Charming women will work like clockwork with you," he declared happily, believing in his words. Besides, his appearance was sickly in a manner, but not altogether lacking parts of his old self. Though truth be told, Addison was oblivious to the fact that no one saw the glimmers of the same person in Zuri's resent appearance as he did.

The smile that lit Addison's face was the warmest he had worn in quite some time. At the pause in conversation, he reached behind him to fix his ponytail once more, thinking fondly of the Master being able to return to his old self. It was a beautiful image, yes, but he more so marveled over the idea of Zuri no longer carrying the emotional baggage. Addison had seen how it worked at him; he wanted that weight alleviated. "It will be a splendid day to see you loved and be loved, Master Zuri." He spoke firmly, honestly, and his gaze studied the man he spoke to curiously once more. This knot... Is it worry?

Castleofglass

Old 08-04-2013, 09:15 PM

Zuri's lips curled into a smile again. It intrigued him how much he enjoyed the other man's company. Why he didnt think of attempting to talk to the man earlier was peculiar to him. Then again, he didnt really care for the servants before. He had only talked to the servants only to give orders, not to converse. But with Addison...it was different. It didnt feel like he was talking to someone lower in status, more like equals. He shook his head. He is only talking to you because you ordered him to. It is his duty to follow your orders. Yet for Zuri, it didnt feel like that in a way.

A servant came to collect their empty plates and glasses. He asked the master if they desired anymore and he shook his head. The servant bowed his head and left briskly with their dishes. After that, Zuri took some time to digest Addison's words. How could he think that there was a possible chance that someone would love the master in this form? If the round of women didnt suit him, his last resort
Would be to find some farmer's girl and beg for her to marry him. But again, that was only a last resort. Addison's words gave him some kind of hope.

"That...that is very...kind...of you." Zuri finally said, averting his eyes from the gardener, "Though I dont see what chance I'll have looking like..." A monster. His fingers began curling into fists again so tight, they became a light purple. No, dont make a scene now. He let out a deep sigh and untwisted his fingers. He would have to take his anger out in private. He straightened himself out and pretended as if his little burst of anger never happened. "Right, we should see your work outside. So it is up to par." He stood up from his chair and began making his way to the door. He paused shortly so that the gardener could take his thongs and catch up. When he did, the master opened the door into the hall.

When doing so, he caught some maids dusting the lamps and furniture that adorned the hallway. One of them caught his gaze and quickly straightened themselves to bow. Her cowokers quickly followed. "I want you to make sure every single room is spotless. By tonight. I do not want my guests to be completely dissapointed by this estate." The master ordered. The maids all nodded to each other silently. Zuri glared at them again. "Did I stutter? I said by tonight." That made them gasp in unison and quickly scramble off to fulfil their task. Zuri sighed again before making his way to the door that lead to the garden. He paused at the knob. It had been a while since he had been outside. It almost frightened him. He imagined that the day would turn grey when he stepped outside. Cautiously, he slowly turned the knob, pushed the glass door in and let the natural sun hit his pale face.

He groaned at the intensity and covered his eyes for a while before he got used to it. He slowly put his hand to his side and looked back to the gardener. "Feel free to show me around." He said more calmly than he talked to the maids. His features began to loosen and he felt calm again. He let out another sigh before moving out of the way so that Addison could lead him.

Arc Angel

Old 08-05-2013, 02:25 AM

Addison would smile in unspoken reply to the Master's immediate reply, telling him that his words were kind. However, his smile actually faded from his face at what Zuri next said. Raising a curious and concerned eyebrow in his direction, Addison quietly wrung his hands a bit but did not speak as he recognized the presence of anger. You believe you have no chance? Studying the other man in silence, Addison would let out the softest of sighs. The turn of the subject into the garden did not change Addison's saddened gaze nor his lack of a smile. While the subject of gardening typically would have him beaming as a child would at christmas, now, he was far too distracted with the sorrowful words he had heard. As Zuri stood up and was ready to leave, Addison watched hi for a distant moment. At the very least, you have... an effect on me.

"Yes, sir," he would reply a moment later, a grin on his face as he stood and gathered his equipment to be taken back outside. "I do hope you believe it is so," he added in a softer voice as he trailed along behind him, wheelbarrow in tow. The interaction with the maids did not phase Addison; instead, while he was naturally a kind soul, it amused him to a point. Most of the waitstaff spent their days wallowing in fear of someone who spent most of his time locked away in his study, but now that he was out, he was not quite as cruel as he was said to be. Harsh, perhaps, but not cruel. Even any cruelty that this man could dish out would pale in comparison to the reputation maids have built around him. They will see. The smallest of grins returned to his face at the thought of the maids and butlers of the estate speaking less bitterly of Master Zuri. He lead the household with a firm hand, but his grasp was not suffocating.

Addison watched Zuri's hesitation with anticipation, wondering what he would think of the garden-- of his work. Suddenly all harsh things were strewn from his mind as he began to smile with the natural warmth he usually wore. Following his Master out to the patio, he would quietly thank him as he moved out of his way and presumed to quickly carry his wheelbarrow, picking it up by its bottom, down the stairs. He did not wish to harm or stain the wood by running its wheels along it. Then hopping back up to close the door gently, he would turn to his Master with a smile.

"Right this way, sir. We can begin with the path to the pergola," he began to walk slowly, waiting for Zuri if need be, down a neat stone path that lined the whole route about the garden. The outside space was truly expansive. Their walk down along the path lead through rows upon rows of lavender, lilies, daisies, marigolds, as well as an exotic assortment of smaller to medium sized blooms that were all lined with neatly-trimmed hedges in a variety of shades. Nearer to the middle were bush plants, with berries, flowers, vines on trellises, and the occasional, small fountain nestled carefully among the foliage. All fountains were scrubbed clean and each space around them was set with a bit of seating and lights to be turned on later. Further towards the middle were small trees, many with blossoms this time of year as well as bearing ripe fruit, most of which was brought to the kitchen.

As they passed an apple tree, Addison leant up to inspect a branch, knowingly finding a ripe red apple with a shiny peel and a flawless exterior. Rubbing it on his apron to remove any dirt, he would smile warmly and look over at Zuri with the apple in an extended hand. "Would you like to try, Master? I am very fond of them myself, and they have been plentiful this year," he offered sweetly, knowing that he may not have tried an apple in its raw state since most fruit went through the kitchen.

Further down their path just a ways more would be a large pentagon pergola, with beautiful bunches of wisteria flowers hanging down amongst the wood from the trees nearby. On three sides of the pergola were trellises, with vines rambling up the sides to allow some privacy if one were to spend time in the white wooden structure. Among those higher trees and the wood beams, Addison had strung small lanterns to be lit in the nighttime, and he had also accompanied the benches in the structure with comfortable, simple pillows to make the space more cozy. Nodding down the path at it, unsure of whether Master Zuri wished to actually walk to the pergola, Addison explained, "The pergola is a cozy area, perhaps may be a romantic spot to take a beautiful woman." He looked at it thoughtfully, watching the wisteria branches sway gently in the wind, and smiled. Perhaps a place such as this would be enough... He looked over at Zuri, experiencing a moment of knotting in his gut once more. Biting his bottom lip and shaking his head, he would look up at the sky to examine the clouds that were lit up so elegantly overhead. Enough for you to smile at my work, even if a lady's company is what brings it out.

Castleofglass

Old 08-05-2013, 03:18 AM

Zuri looked at it all with awe. Pure and natural awe. He couldnt help opening his mouth slightly as the gardener lead him down the stony path with flowers of several hundred species greeting them along the way. Hundreds of colors, hues, shades, colors he didnt even think existed, flowers he didnt think existed, or could bloom so ferosciously. He couldnt keep his eyes on one particular flower; they were all just so beautiful and exotic and magnificent. He was so caught up with the beauty around him that he nearly jumped when Addison extended a hand to offer him an apple, freshly picked from the blooming orchads. He looked at the hand and gently took the apple with his pale hands.

He studied the fruit as he followed the gardener. Its so...red...so natural...so simple, yet so complex. He took a bite of the apple and a taste of sweetness and freshness exploded in his mouth. He recalled that the fruit from the kitchen didnt taste half as sweet. It must have been the frequent washings and preparations the fruit were put through. But this apple...in its pure form. It was no wonder why they were considered forbidden fruit in the story of Adam and Eve; someone so beautiful and pure deserves to eat something as suculent as this. Zuri blinked and looked at the bony hand that held the magnificent fruit. I dont deserve this...this isnt for the likes of me. He was close to throwing the apple aside in rage when he looked up at the gardener's upbeat figure casually strolling along the path, cart in tow. Yet, he gave me it. He didnt take it for himself...why?

They soon reached the pergola, a structure Zuri obviously didnt know was in the garden. He looked around as the gardener explained a bit about it. The master's mouth was still slightly open as he gazed at the branches of the tree, as if trying to welcome the newcomer into their sanctuary. Without hesitation, he walked into the pergola, as if under a trance.

He looked at all of the fine details that adorned the structure: the vines, the unlit lanterns, the benches with pillows. A romantic spot to take a beautiful woman. Addison's words echoed in his head like notes being pulled on the strings of a violin. The master looked back at the gardener, his warm, gentle eyes. The different colors and hues danced in both of their eyes, and even made the master's eyes darker and more mysterious, like his eyes before his change. But of course, Zuri couldnt see. He looked around again to make sure that he hadnt been dreaming of this beautiful sanctuary.

"You...you did this...all of this...?" The master asked softly, his eyes widening in bewilderment at the beauty. Its so...beautiful A single tear began to form in the master's eye, but he quickly wiped away out of sheer embarassement. He found the nearest bench and sat down in it, attempting to take in all he had just seen.

The master didnt deserve to live on such beautiful grounds. All he was was an ugly, retched monster, that could wreck an entire mansion if his anger rose to that point. He looked up at the gardener with eyes of a child who had been in their first trip to a candy store. "I...Its...all so...beautiful." Another tear had almost escaped his eye, but the master quickly wiped it away, "Why...why did...you do this? All of this?" He looked around again to gesture what he was referring to, "A retched being such as me doesnt deserve such...such beautiful...beautiful grounds." Another tear had escaped from his eye again, then another. This time, he did not make a move to wipe them away. It had been a while since he had cried for something that wasnt his ugly appearance, much less for something so beautiful.

Arc Angel

Old 08-05-2013, 06:24 AM

Addison broke his attraction to the sky when he heard footsteps; glancing back at Zuri, he noticed him walking on ahead to the pergola and smiled. Is he... enjoying this? Watching curiously, he tilted his head slightly in wonder as he tried to read his Master's body language. I-I cannot tell. Trailing after him along the path, Addison would enter the pergola after Zuri and admire the wisteria acting as a ceiling to cover the structure. A smile graced his lips again, and once more his gaze passed on to the man beside him. The sight to be held on his face cast his smile away immediately. A tear.

That tear dug into Addison's gut, his hand literally moving to his stomach as if he were actually wounded. Rubbing the area thoughtfully, his brow furrowed as he tried to make sense of the reaction. "Y-Yes, sir, I've spent quite some time on this." He admitted, though now embarrassed and feeling guilty about what he had done. Was it that he did not appreciate his work? It upset him? Addison lifted the hand he had absent-mindedly brought to his stomach, placing it on the side of his face in anxiety. What have I done?

Eyes drawn wide with surprise and guilt, he studied the face of his Master. The eyes he had made tear. In the present light, he could swear he still saw the image of the face Zuri once bore. Those illustrious eyes, the curve of his chin; such delicate features, yet he had somehow caused the man who owned them pain. It shredded his sense of pride. He would ruin this pergola if it would allow that pair of eyes to cease their sadness. As if to prove it to himself, one of his hands drew out, grasping a support beam in slender fingers and holding it with a firmness that would destroy the delicate flowers he so appreciated. This structure causes Master Zuri pain... Sorrow filled his eyes, and his expression drew into what would appear to be the equivalent of a neglected puppy's.

Addison forgot all of these new thoughts as he heard the shaky words come from his Master's mouth. Stricken, he whirled around to look at him, eyes drawn wide and mouth open in dismay. He acted on instinct instead of formality, leading him to draw close, on his knees in front of Zuri as he cried. Oh, dear. So this is what he thinks. Eyebrows creased with worry, he hesitated with his words, unsure of what exactly to say. One of his hands slowly made its way to one of Zuri's shoulders, his touch light as he tried to be of some comfort. "I-I did not mean to..." he murmured, frustrated with himself as he grew tongue-tied, studying the truly saddening expression the man before him wore. "Please," he implored him in a gentle voice, the hand he had on his shoulder gently squeezing it in what he hoped to be a supportive manner, "Zuri, I--" Addison rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand, visibly struggling with his words and punishing himself for his lack of formality.

"Master, I created this for you." He admitted in one breath, averting his gaze as he found a pink tint rising to his cheeks, "I wanted to bring something beautiful back into your life so it was not so filled with sorrow." Feeling a bit more sure of himself, or perhaps, more desperate to help him, Addison moved his hand from his neck to one of Zuri's cheeks, gently brushing the tears there away with his thumb. "I do not believe you to be an ugly person," he then added firmly, his tone and naturally warm eyes honest. His appearance may not be as beautiful as it once was, but there is something about his company that draws me in. Something about his recent anger and sorrow that really... weighs on me...

Castleofglass

Old 08-05-2013, 11:56 AM

Zuri flinched when he felt a hand on this shoulder. His fingers tightened and his first instinct was to punch whoever was touching him. But he didnt. He sat there, tense and shaky, with the gardener trying to comfort his master. What a true sight to behold. A kind, gentle man taming a retched one. When he felt Addison's hand move up to his cheek and heard the words he uttered, Zuri slowly lifted his head up. No...that cannot be. He's lying. This isn't for me. This isn't- But the sincerely in his words and the undeniable truth in the man's gaze seemed to say otherwise. But I...Im ugly. I do not deserve this. I don't... He slowly untensed his fingers and, inch by inch, he began relaxing the rest of his muscles. He blinked a couple of times, awe-stricken at what the other man had told him. He couldn't a believe a word he had said, yet his eyes, his piercing sky-blue eyes, told him that all that he had said was true.

Shakily, he lifted a hand off of the bench he had gripped and slowly made its way to carefully touch the other man's arm. In the moments of silence, Zuri didn't feel like he was a master, and Addison didnt feel like a servant to him. They were merely two beings, connected by a simple touch of the hand. Two people that existed in their own world, no mansion, no garden, nothing. They looked at each other silently, yet that had said all that was needed to be said.

Strangely, Zuri began slowly tilting his head, as if to get a better look at the man caressing his cheek. His angry, flustered conscious was a mere muffled sound so that the master would move freely. He felt himself slightly tugging at Addison's arm, ever so gently. To bring him only slightly closer. Their eyes never looked away. It was something so different, that if Zuri would recall it now, he would say that it was something out of the ordinary, yet wonderful. He snaked his hand up to the other's cheek, replicating what the other man did. Addison's cheek was soft against Zuri's rough hand. Hes so...so beautiful...I...I..

Beep beep! Beep beep!
Zuri's watch sounded, signaling that it was midday. The master jumped from the sound and woke up from the trance the gardener seemed to have put on him. He blinked several times, before he realized where his hand was, and what he had almost done. He quickly withdrawed it and stood up from his seat quickly. He cleared his throat before adressing the kneeling man. "The garden is perfect, like you said it would be. Good, excellent" He fixed his shirt and made his way to exit the mahnificent structure, "I...make sure it is like this tomorrow morning. Good day." The master quickly stalked off, leaving the servant in his position. Zuri never looked back, not until he had an explanation for what had just happened. What had I just done? I am a male. He is a male. Therefore nothing may happen between us. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. This time, Zuri didnt walk at a liesurely pace to notice the beauty around him; he needed to get out of the garden as fast as possible.

Once the door to the mansion was in sight, he quickly went and opened it to find that a maid stared at him as he entered. "Get out of my sight!" He barked, storming out of the area and making his way to his bedroom. Monster. Monster. Monster. His conscious hissed at him, causing the master to clench his fists once more. On his way to his bedroom, he had knocked over a lamp and a table. Every servant in sight got out of the master's line of fury. You are incapable of love. Even your servants bare no love for you. An image of the gardener flashed in his mind like strobe lights. His deep, warm eyes. The master knocked another table over before quickly retiring to his bed room.

Zuri slammed the door shut, took a pillow to his face and screamed as loud as he could. No one will love you. You are trapped in this body. Trapped. Trapped. Trapped. The master screamed into the pillow again until hos lungs gave out. Oxygen rushed to his head, hoping to keep the body functioning, but to no avail. He quickly began to lose consciousness and soon he passed out. The last sounds he had heard were the maids silently cleaning up the master's mess and the words "monster" echoing throughout his head. Monster. Monster...

Arc Angel

Old 08-05-2013, 02:16 PM

Addison's mouth opened slightly in surprise as Zuri looked up at hm again, the crying having ceased. He quickly found his gaze trapped in the other male's. Something in his chest stirred, his blood pumping more rapidly as he felt a hand brush against his arm. Addison's thoughts were too congested to tumble on like normal, so they came to a full halt, and all he felt was the weight of Zuri's gaze, his hand, and the beating of his own heart. This was a sudden change, an undeniable escape from their typical roles as he lost himself in the other for that moment.

Then, the tugging at his arm occurred. Looking down at the hand who bade him closer, he complied by moving a slight distance close, as if in a trance. His heart pounded wildly, yet his body felt stiff to him, as if foreign. The only thing, the only truly come table thing in that moment, was Zuri. As he felt the rough hand upon his cheek, Addison remained still, goosebumps rising on his arms as he remained fixed in his position there. Shatter.

In as short of a moment as they just shared, his Master was up, speaking, and then leaving with all haste. Addison stared dumbly ahead of him, unsure of what had just happened-- or, rather, what had almost just happened. Then the knot that had been residing in his gut fully tightened and left him feeling momentarily ill. Swaying a bit where he knelt, Addison lifted a hand to his forehead and cursed under his breath. Breathe. Just breathe, Addison. He had to focus on just that simple movement for several moments before reopening his eyes and realizing where he still knelt. Where he had been left kneeling. Gaze dipping, then moving to look over his shoulder at the man who strolled on back inside, Addison felt a heaviness of heart that pained him. What was that all? What is this nonsense? Cringing at his own course of action, he left himself slowly fall back into a lying position on the wood. It wasnt the most comfortable of spots, but currently, Addison did not even take notice to this.

Instead, his now intense gaze locked overhead on the wisteria, still swaying in the breeze. He felt as if he were being mocked, with all of this beautiful nature around him, moving in such sweet and gentle motions as he felt so limp there. Eyebrows creasing in dismay, his natural smile was now wiped from existence, leaving only a slightly pout to the man's lips. Zuri, what was that? He questioned himself as he lay there for quite some time, fixed upon the purple flowers looming overhead. One of his hands nimbly reached up to touch his cheek, where the after effects of the other's hand still tingled. Then, closing his eyes, he let out a deep sigh.

Standing up slowly, he would walk inside slowly and lacking any enthusiasm. The maid that stood on the porch, frantically sweeping, stopped her work if only to stare him down. What would have been a pretty face on her contorted into a sneer, her eyes narrowing as she declared, "You swine, you sicken me!" Addison did not react, did not feel the strength of her words as he simply paused for her, then carried on his way into th house. In this absent state of mind, he even left the door open. The maid slammed it behind him, not that he took notice. The only thing he did seem to notice was the calls of the waitstaff to each other as a crashing was heard from the hall to the Master's bedroom. That drew a reaction from Addison.

Lifting his head to look down the hall, he saw only the bedroom of Zuri's door closing, and the calamity that followed. Maids rushed in, but Addison stood there dumbly, staring down that door. Yes, something does separate us. Much like that door. Saddened, yet not willing to stay in the way of the maids, he would walk down the hall in the opposite direction to quietly tend to his bouquets for the rest of the day. He trimmed them, changed their water, rearranged them, even polished their vases, but with no ounce of his typical cheeriness. Those women... He turned to walk into another room, no humming sounding from him, to happy swing in his steps; just coldness emigrating from him. Reaching the bouquet in the dining room, he stared down the two chair that were still slightly out of place. A sigh left his frame again, rattling off as if it were a growl, his hands clenching the edge of the table slightly.

Two maids that had been tending to chores in the dining hall turned to see him, and realizing his state, they dashed for the door skiddishly. Finally realizing how they had reacted, he slowly release his grip and looked back up at the bouquet with a ghost of a grin. So this is what it is like for you? Human interaction is the softness of footsteps scurrying away from you, Zuri? Shaking his head a little, he picked himself up, straightened his shoulders and allowed the warmth to re-enter his gaze. That is... So sad, Master. One of his hands again rose to tend his cheek, still tingling as his heart fluttered a little at the reminder of that moment.

Again shaking his head, he dismissed those thoughts and set back to work-- this time a renewed swing in his step, a soft little tune rolling off of his tongue. I cannot have you, but you can have what you wish if all works out tomorrow.
[/COLOR]

Castleofglass

Old 08-05-2013, 08:58 PM

Zuri blinked a couple of times before fully opening his eyes. He lifted his head up, only to be greeted by a mind-shattering headache. He groaned and dropped his head on the pillow. He tried to remember why he had felt so pained until the memory of the garden flashed by. Addison... He groaned and cursed himself for what he had done. He was the only person who wasnt afraid of you, and now he is. What had possessed him to flee so quickly from the other man? Was it because he was another man? Was it because he was afraid of getting too close to him? I cant...have feelings for him. He is a man, as am I. Its ridiculous. A knock came at the door. Zuri half-hoped it was Addison, so that the master could apologize for his behavior.

"Master Zuri?" The old butler's voice called, "Where will you be having dinner?"

"In my study." The master replied briskly. He heard footsteps getting softer and he laid on his side. He clutched his pillow as he searched his mind for answers. What made him get close to the gardener anyway? Did he really crave human interaction that much? Could he, in some way, have odd feelings for him? No. He has probably forgotten about what happened anyway, after I abandoned him. Even so, Zuri felt something inside him. He felt guilty from running aqay from the man. He needed to apologize. But how? He probably thinks Im a monster now. There is no use. But even so... He heard the sound of a bell chime; the signal that meant dinner was in his study. The master climbed out of his bed and made his slow way into the study.

Dinner was put on his desk: a leg of lamb with greens, along with blood-red wine to wash it down. He drank the wine first before eating his dinner. He demanded more glasses until eventually his headache dissapeared. Sebastian came in to check up on the master and was about to leave before Zuri stopped him.

"How is the supply closet?" Zuri asked whithout eye contact, "The gardening supply closet. What state is it in?"

"Why, sir, its not as pristine as the other closets, Im sure, but thats because all of the mirrors the master didnt want are in there. Why do you inquire."

"Clean it out. Make sure it is neat and clean like the other supply closets. By the next hour."

"Why would you want to-"

"By the next hour." The master said sternly. The butler nodded quickly and went off quicker. Zuri drank another glass of wine and slumped in his chair. He remembered Sebastian telling him that the mirrors were not discarded, rather moved in case he wanted them up again. He guessed it was cramped and unsafe in there for the servants, so maybe that small gesture would be a good of an apology. Possibly not. The master sighed again. I doubt he would ever want to see my retched face again. His eyes fell on the bouquet the gradener put out.

It was large, just like the one in the dining room. Yet, this one seemed more extravagant. It was an array of colors and flowers, more grand and more opulent. Did...did he purposely do this? He put his head on the desk and stared off into space longingly. Previously, he hadnt wished for human interaction so badly, but now that he had lost it completely, he felt something inside of him missing. Something that he had only temporarily. His only sliver of hope he had left was the guests tomorrow, but even that seemed like a shot in the dark.

Arc Angel

Old 08-05-2013, 09:31 PM

Once had had made all of his rounds once more, Addison was at a loss of what to do. Normally, he would have eagerly stepped back out into the garden, but he felt a strange urge to escape it. His beloved work, normally tended to on the hour, was currently something of a disgust to him. Nothing ever does go astray outside, anyhow. It can survive without my presence for now. That was a hard pill to swallow.

Sighing breathily, he sat casually upon the ground of a corridor that was hardly put to use. It was too far out of the way for the maids or butlers to both with it, and the Master-- He has not spent time away from his bedroom or study in weeks, before today. Then I- I had to go and... Cringing, Addison looked down at his hands, pale and soft, yet slightly grass stained. The hands that toiled all day in the garden, yet had been able to touch the face of his Master, if only for a few moments. His thoughts carried him back to their time under the pergola, and his hands clenched into fists for a moment before dropping limp into his lap. Why did I act like that? I cannot show my face around him again. I cannot. After a good ten minutes or so of dwelling on his thoughts, he once more stood up and made his way casually towards the kitchen, meaning to stop by and see a friend there.

Rounding a corner too quickly, however, he ended up colliding with a maid who had been heaving around a mirror that a woman her size probably should not have been carrying in the first place. An ear-bleeding shatter ensued, echoing down the halls as the helpless woman stared down at the mess in horror. Then, before Addison could even apologize, she went scurrying off to get a broom and cleaning supplies. Eyes wide and face flushed with embarrassment, Addison then noticed a group of other maids and butlers not far behind where she had been. They had been lugging mirrors from out of his storage room, and working quickly at it too, before that incident. Now, many eyes were upon him, but the work only ceased temporarily. Before he knew it, they were backing to speedily fulfilling their duties. Confused, Addison carefully stepped over the mess he had helped to create.

"Excuse me, did the Master request the mirrors be replaced?" he asked, wondering why someone would bother to clean the small room now.

"No. The Master ordered their removal from your storage space, as well as for the room to be cleaned," one woman took the time to reply kindly.

Another spoke up, annoyance in her tone, "Within the hour."

Eyes widening once more in confusion, Addison let out a small, choked sound. Why would-? Rubbing the back of his head thoughtfully, Addison let the thought of why slide with the idea of the guests. Yes, he just wants cleanliness on their behalves is all. Shaking his head a little, he then bent down onto his knees carefully to begin picking up the larger pieces of mirror to assist the poor woman he had collided with. Once she arrived back with cleaning supplies, she shooed him off, and he walked away hesitantly, not liking the small differences he saw in the staff. Discarding the pieces of glass he had just picked up, he walked along the halls alone once more. He normally got along quite well with them- well, with everyone, truly- but although he had been harsh to a select few who frequently bad-mouthed Zuri, he was also receiving odd treatment by others. Like that woman outside... All for speaking to the Master a bit this morning? Not understanding the complexities of the household at the moment, he ended up retreating outside despite his distaste of the garden.

Finding his wheelbarrow, he put on his apron once more and moved to put on his gloves as well, if not for the sight of red. Gasping softly, he examined the sight to find a fresh cut on his right hand. "Damn," he whispered, seeing its width and depth, which were both of decent size, "today is simply not my day." From picking up those mirror pieces... Frowning slightly, he applied pressure to it with his free hand and quickly made his way back indoors, careful not to let any blood drip on the floors. It would be a pain to clean, after all.

Castleofglass

Old 08-05-2013, 11:09 PM

Zuri had finished eating, and Sebastian had returned to the study to declare that the storage room had been cleaned with not a moment to spare. "Good." The master replied laconically. He stood up from his seat and began making his way to his chambers. He stopped short and let out a big sigh. You should at least start acting nice to the others, or you'll never change back. He turned to the butler and bowed his head. "Th-Thank...you." He muttered.

The butler was taken aback by the sudden politeness. He pushed up his glasses and straightened himself up. "Why...you're welcome, Master."

"Where is Addison?"

"Oh, the gardener? Doing his last rounds, I would think. Why?"

"That'll be all." Zuri turned on his heels and walked to the door that lead to the hallway. He made his way to the outside when he spotted the gardener just entering the house, placing one hand over the other. Tilting his head, the master walked up to him from behind and peered at what Addison seemed to be holding.

The gardener's hand had been stained with blood, and on the other was a huge cut on his palm. The master gasped to himself, quickly found a bandage from a maid's cart, went back to the gardener and put an arm on his shoulder. Without a word, he lead him into the great room and sat him down. He took out the bandage and began wrapping his palm in the bandage.

Because Zuri was too focused on bandaging the gardener, he didnt notice his hands becoming soft, and slightly darker in complexion, just like his hands before the transformation. They were as smooth as a calm ocean, which the other man could feel. Zuri's hands worked at the bandage and made sure it was secure and tight. As soon as he let go, his hands quickly changed back into their bony, white state. He looked up at the gardener with deep concern in his light green eyes, but quickly looked down again. "Be...be careful...while you're working." He finally said, then turning to face the wall across from the couch. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in and out. "I'm...sorry..." He muttered softly.

Before he could cause the other man anymore pain, he stood up from the couch and began making his way out of the room. He stopped short and looked back at the gardener. "I...I hope to...see you...again...tomorrow..." With that, he left the great room, hoping that that didnt construe anymore pain for Addison. Yet somewhere in his heart, he wished that Addison would run and stop him from leaving him again. But that feeling was slight, and buried underneath feelings of doubt and guilt. Zuri came to his room shortly, which he entered, undressed himself, climbed into his bed, and laid there, in hopes that sleep would take him away from all the things that had happened today.

Arc Angel

Old 08-05-2013, 11:42 PM

Hearing footsteps approaching, Addison frowned slightly as he realized he may so soon have to confront another person. That had been why he had tried going to the garden. All to escape from the confusion and frustration. Before I noticed... This... Looking down at his palm, he attempted to speed up his walking- especially after hearing a gasp- but to no avail. Soon a hand reached out to catch his arm. His gaze snapped back to find its owner, intending to shoo them, but it was his turn for surprise as he saw Zuri there.

"M-Master," he murmured, eyebrows drawn together in confusion and worry. His gaze became earnest as he contemplated the idea of apologizing for upsetting him to the point of fleeing earlier, but he found himself in a daze as he was lead away. He blamed blood loss; in reality, his heart simply soared at the idea that Zuri did not seem to hate him now. No disgust even seemed evident in him. Instead, he was taking care of Addison. His mouth opened and closed shyly as he allowed the other to bandage him. What could I possibly say to alleviate that situation?

Staring down at the hands that bandaged his own, Addison was amazed by the remarkable softness and coloring he saw there. It were as if parts of the old him could be seen in temporary glimpses. Like earlier... Shaking his head at himself as he let those moments pass by quietly, Addison finally managed words. "Th-Thank you," he spoke gratefully, only then looking up at his Master. The emotion in the green eyes that stared back at him was awe-inspiring. Concern. He... He cares? Addison let a gentle smile reach his face, a spell of happiness in his gaze. "I am sorry to trouble you, next time I will take better care," he promised, sincere.

Addison barely heard the apology from Zuri, leading him to stand hurriedly as his Master did. Sorry? Sorry for what? He begged to ask, but could not find it in himself to as he watched in dismay as Zuri left him hanging for a second time that day. Wait! His insides screamed, his heart pounding once more, but no words left him. "Master Zuri? Sorry for what...? You have done nothing..." He spoke softly, only after the other male had left. Sighing, Addison fell back into his seated position and rubbed his neck troubledly. I hope to see you tomorrow, as well. Rest easy, Master. Addison made rounds into the garden and throughout the house until the late hours, a new determination within him. He wanted more than anything at the moment to please Zuri. Whatever it took.

It wasn't until that night that again he thought of the guests Zuri would be having. The woman. The women from which he would choose one to court. The knot tightened in his stomach, and he tossed and turned in his bed in his attempts of sleeping. Finally, he lay still, his thoughts frantically circling today and Zuri. Why? Why am I so... Sad? This chance is a good thing for Zuri. Despite trying to hold back the feeling, Addison finally fell into a bout of sadness. Sobbing softly to himself, he fell asleep that night feeling quite lonely.
[/COLOR]

Castleofglass

Old 08-06-2013, 01:00 AM

The sound of birds chirping and the general nature outside woke Zuri up slowly. He stretched in his bed and rubbed his temples, feeling the after-effects of having a couple of drinks of wine. He sat up and groaned to himself after he heard a knock at the door.

"Master Zuri, your guests will be arriving in an hour. I would advice you to begin getting dressed and preparing." The butler's voice chimed through the door.

"See that the great hall is ready." Zuri responded with sleep in his tone. He stretched again before peeling himself from the bed, pushing the dresser, taking the charcoal from the table and making a line across four ticks. 30 days. A voice whispered in his head as he pushed the dresser back and made his way to the closet. He lazily picked out a maroon button-down shirt with a black vest along with comfortable, dark blue dress pants. He took these and made his way out of his bedroom and into the master bathroom. He took a quick shower, quickly dried himself off and slipped on the clothes he had picked out. Do I dare look at myself? He slowly turned his head to face his grave reflection. He stood straight, tilted his head left and right and sighed. He looked down to notice that there were a couple of strings and hair ties left in a small, shallow bowl. He took one and spent ten minutes putting his hair up in a neat pony tail. Maybe I won't look so grotesque to the guests now. Maybe smile too. He attempted, but only a slight curl of his lips were his result.

As he exited, Zuri checked the grandfather clock across from him. 11.05. He found a window and curiously went over to it. He found the gardener making his rounds again. The master's small smile came easily when he gazed at Addison. Keep that up for the rest of the day and things should go smoothly. Zuri looked away from the window and made his way to the kitchen.

It seemed that the servants now assumed he would eat there, since there was already a plate of food for him there, along with another plate adjacent to his seat. For Addison. Cooked eggs and toasted wheat bread welcomed his taste buds as he ate the food gingerly. After he was done, the servants took away the empty dish without a word. Sebastian stepped into the room and bowed to the master.

"Some of your guests have arrived already. Would you care to greet them?"

Zuri let out a deep sigh, stood up from his chair and looked back at the butler. "Yes, I would care to."