.:GaelicBubble:.
Saving Lives Every Day
Send a message via AIM to .:GaelicBubble:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:GaelicBubble:.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:51 PM

Karma-Lynn shouldered her small backpack and and watched the taxi drive away. She turned around and looked at the massive building before her. She walked up the drive way and took in the sights. There was a basketball court where a group of kids were playing. There was also a massive yard were other kids were playing football or Frisbee. As Karma-Lynn looked around she noticed how some of the students were obviously different, but others looked just as normal as she did. But looks are deceiving, for every child, teen, or adult there was in fact a mutant.

The breeze played with Karma's long braids as she walked towards the building. The teen felt nervous as she walked in her tattered shorts and tee shirt towards the front entrance. Who was she supposed to talk to? she wasn't even enrolled here. Her parents just decided to ship her out one day when she accidentally made her brother appear down the street instantly. A lump formed in her throat as she gripped the straps of her backpack. Would she really be accepted here? Then out of no where, a boy appeared in front of her and caught a ball.
"Hey watch where you throw this thing next time!" he shouted across the field. He glanced at Karma. "Sorry." Then he vanished again, reappearing about fifty yards away. She stood a bit shocked for the moment. Despite how many mutants had come out, she had never met one before.
Karma looked around, her hazel eyes taking in everything, just before a hand landed on her shoulder. She turned around and looked up at a dark skinned woman with shoulder length white hair. "Would you happen to be Karma-Lynn?"
She slowly nodded.
The woman smiled. "Good. Welcome to Professor Xavier's school for the gifted. Most people call me Storm, let me show you around."

Last edited by .:GaelicBubble:.; 11-26-2010 at 12:06 AM..

Lady Chello
Love's EvergreenGoddess!!!!!
Send a message via MSN to Lady Chello

Old 11-26-2010, 12:37 AM

Yen stood in the main class room as he peered out of the large glass window. He tried to ignore his own reflection in the glass. Though it was hard to ignore the tall pale male with the long flowing black hair that flowed down his back. The blue leather suite he wore now as he normal clothing was much different from the one he was use to. His blue eyes was hidden behind his black sunglasses at his side there was his prized Katana. He shifted his eyes to the sword at his side as his hand formed around the hilt of it out of habit. He loved how the cloth that was wrapped around it felt beneath his fingers. The sheath that his sword was hid in was black with silver decorations. He quickly turned from the window as he heard foot steps. He gave a quick bow as he saw Wolveren walk in a long with the professor himself. "Pretty boy, You need to cut that hair. You look like a girl." He heard the brute man say to him as he reached for Yen's hair. Yen moved quickly before Woverin could touch his hair and turned facing him as he stared at the rash man from behind the safety of his shades. "That is enough Wolveren. Yen has traveled a long distance to join us. I'd be careful if I was you he might give you a run for your money Logan. You might find you and him have a lot in common. Logan you could learn some things from our new guest. In his culture it is dishonorable for a man to have short hair or it once was. It would seem Yen here was raised in the old ways of his culture. Yen I do hope you enjoy your stay here. You are not alone here we are all gifted here and we all have powers. " Woverin rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms. "Great just what we need another speed demon. What else can you do slick?" Yen turned as he held out his arms and stared at the normal looking girl who landed in them. He rose a brow as she stared up at him her one white strike stood on in her dark hair as he watched her quickly jump from his arms and run quickly out of the room as she chased after some other students. "As you can see it is never boring here Yen. Come there are some other students here are new as well. That was Rogue she is quite different just let her touch you without those gloves if you want to see her powers." The Professor said as he turned and left the room. Yen quickly followed as he placed his arms by his side ready to draw his katana if he needed it. The professor was a friend and trust worthy he had learned that over the two weeks he had been there. The brute man be side him was not on his friend list.

Saving Lives Every Day
Send a message via AIM to .:GaelicBubble:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:GaelicBubble:.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:52 AM

Storm lead the quiet girl into the building. "So, Karma-Lynn, that is quite an interesting name."
Her face reddened at the comment. "Yeah, My parents are from some rather strange backgrounds." She had a small southern accent as she spoke in her soft voice. "But please, just call me Karma."
"Karma it is then." Storm smiled and looked down at the girl whose blond hair hung in braids past her waist.
Karma didn't really pay attention as the nice woman gave her the tour. She was too busy looking around at all the other faces. She felt slightly out of place. She would be turning twenty in a few days, yet most of the students here looked like children and teens. Where did that leave here to go?
"So, do you have any questions yet?" She looked down with a smile at Karma's short figure. When the woman looked up she saw the professor and some of the other older mutants staying there come out of the main class room. "Professor!" She smiled as she brought Karma up to the three men. "Professor, this is Karma, the girl you have been expecting."
Karma looked at the bald man in the wheel chair and immediately felt his presence about her. She glanced to his right and saw a scruffy man with dog tags around his neck, he seemed none to thrilled to be there. The last man was of Asian descent, with long black hair that fell down his back.
"How do you do." Karma said in her small voice as she stood before the three imposing men.

Lady Chello

Old 11-26-2010, 01:33 AM

The Professor smiled as he saw Storm and the new student he had been waiting for. "Ah Yes I have been waiting for you Karma. I am glad to see your journey was well. Don't feel out of place here we are not all teens here. Though most here are we tent to try and get the younger one and train them. It is harder to train older ones as your self but not impossible. I don't believe you have met Wolveren here. Don't be fooled by his appearance he is a good man at heart." Wolveren looked at the strange girl as he stood there. He turned quickly and left disappearing down the stairs vanishing from view. "He really is a strange man. We are working on him. He is still a work in progress." The Professor said as he looked back to Storm then to Karma. "I don't think either one of you have met my friend here. He has traveled a long way to be here. This is Yen or Yen Lee. Come lets show you two to your quarters I have set up a special quarters for you and the others that will come. Come Storm lets show them we have to help the other students." He said as he lead them down to the basement to a metal door and placed his hand on it as the door open reviling a whole other level with a setting area and full kitchen. "Your rooms are in the back and I am sure you will know whos is whos. Everything is down here Tv, food, and anything else you need. You are adults after all and I didn't figure you want to be with the Teens." Yen couldn't help but find himself staring at the girl. There was something about her that kept his eyes glued to her. He couldn't look away from her even as they walked and now that he stood there he still couldn't look away.

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 11-26-2010, 01:54 AM

Karma caught the stare of man next to her. Her face turned red but she tried to ignore it. "Alright, Karma, make yourself at home in your room. I'll be back down in a little while but feel free to explore." Storm left leaving Karma standing there with Yen. Once the others were gone, Karma walked into the living area and took her back back off setting in down gently on the table. Then she turned around and looked at Yen, who was still staring.
"Um, I don't mean to be intrusive but you are Japanese yes?" she gave him a worried smile but before he answered she turned to her bag and pulled out a neatly rolled piece of rice paper. "I would really like your opinion." She unrolled the paper revealing a beautiful ink painting in traditional Japanese style of a mountain landscaped scene. She bit her lip as she waited for the young man to come over and inspect her work. Japanese styles were always her favorite art style, but ever since her ability came through she hadn't painted again, scared of what would happen. "I did this a few months ago." she said in case he happened to be interested. "But i honestly havent ever met anyone from Japan so i don't really know if it's any good or not." Normally Karma was a shy girl, to timid to speak to most people, but when it came to art, she could go on for hours.

If he would have looked closer at Karma's clothes, he would have noticed the different splotches of paint and ink all over her shorts and shoes. Art was in her blood. It was who she was. Not being able to paint was torturing her, but she didn't quite know how to control her power so she was to scared to paint.

Lady Chello

Old 11-26-2010, 02:27 AM

Yen stared at the girl as he studied her he gave a bow to her before he rose and walked to where she was. He peered down at the piece of paper. He smiled as he saw the beautiful art work. A pain ran threw his heart as he stared at the paper. He longed for his home and his people. He lived in the rural part of Japan in a hidden village beneath mount Fujie. He reached out to touch the painting wishing he could be there back in his home back with his people. His eyes widen as he thought the painting moved as if it was alive in some manner. He quickly moved back as his hand reached for his sword. Ready to ride himself of the bewitched painting. "It moves. How? My home my village." Was all he could say as his eyes stayed glued to the painting that now was just a beautiful piece of work. He stumbled back as he closed his eyes and open them knowing Karma couldn't see him due to his black sunglasses that he wore. "Good yes." He said as he quickly turned and hurried down the hall way and vanished out of sight. He closed his eyes as he moved. When he open his eyes he found himself in a replica of his own room he had grew up in. He stepped back as he saw the beautiful screen doors and the cherry wood. He walked to the wooden stand as he ran his fingers along it as the memories came back to him. He looked to his sword as he removed it from his side and put it on the stand. He looked down at the small picture frame made from bamboo filled with a picture of his village and the elders who had raised him. He smiled as he looked about the room surprised how it was his room down to the crack in the floor.

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 11-26-2010, 02:51 AM

Karma sat down with a sigh. "So much for trying to make friends." She rolled up her painting and shoved in back into her bag as she walked down the hall and found a room that looked surprisingly like hers back at home. It had her daybed in the corner and the bookshelves along the walls. An easel set up in the far corner with a nice supply of canvas and paints. It was nice, but it made her feel homesick, longing for the one friend she had back home. She shut the door and went back out to the living room set up.
"I should apologize. I feel like i did something wrong." She said softly as she set her bag down on the chair, thinking of Yen. Karma played with one of her long braids as she wondered back down the hall looking for Yen Lee. She paused at a few doors but none of them were right. When she reached the last door she had to check she gently knocked. "Um, excuse me? Yen Lee?" Her heart was pounding as she waited for him to come to the door. She was never good for making friends and now she felt like she ruined that one shot.
She waited for the door to open before she bowed, she knew it was a Japanese custom, she knew more than the average person about the Japanese. "I'm sorry for interrupting, but i just wanted to apologize, i feel like I've done something to offend you." She kept her head down as she waited to hear him say something.

Lady Chello

Old 11-26-2010, 03:02 AM

Yen turned as he heard the a knock at the door. He looked back to his sword and left it there as he turned and walked to the the door. He opened it as he gave a bow to Karma. "Clam down it is not good for your heath to be so stressed. It was not you not intentional. I just didn't realize how much I miss my home. I am sorry for making you feel that way please I ask your forgiveness." He said as he bowed again. He hoped that his sunglasses covered the red slash along his left eye. He rose as he looked to her and gave her a slight smile. "I am sorry my English is not that good but it is improving. I will work on my people skills here. I am Yen Lee. I take it your talents and powers has something to do with painting. Your painting came to life it just startled me and made me wish I could be back at home. At home such things is looked up on a black magic but I can tell you are no such being to use black magic. I never imaged that they would bring our rooms to us...well I assume your room is yours that you had at your home as mine is mine."

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 11-26-2010, 03:23 AM

Karma nodded, a bit flustered at his own apology. "Yeah my room is the same from my house." She smiled as her face turned a bit red. "But it's making me homesick so i didn't really want to sit in there. Oh, and my name is Karma-Lynn McGrady." Her accent was evident when she said her full name, but for the most part she was good at hiding it. "But most people just call me Karma." She gave him a smile, he was pretty deductive in finding out her ability had to do with her art. "And you are right on my ability dealing with my art. But to be honest, i haven't picked up a paint brush since i found out what i can do." She began playing with her long braid nervously, a habit she never quite grew out of.

She stood there, slightly pigeon toed, playing with her hair. Her whole appearance just seemed childish at first glance. But she was quite smart and always looking for something new to try. She bit her lip as she stood there looking up at the handsome man. "W-well I'm sorry i bothered you." She stuttered. Karma would have liked to stay and talk more, but she didn't want to be a bother. She always doubted herself, never thinking highly of herself or her own worth. "It was nice meeting you." She bowed again.

Lady Chello

Old 11-26-2010, 03:50 AM

"You should paint and not be afraid. You are quite gifted. You know I have some real brushes from my home land and ink as well as some paper if you would really like to feel what it is like to do a painting from that time error. A lighter touch on the trees would make your pictures almost perfect. Besides apparently we are going to be here alone for a while and I have nothing to do." He said as he turned without a answer and walked to the closet he had been there for a while thought he hadn't been in this room till today. He smiled as he found his own bag and reached in pulling out the supply's. He wasn't physic but after waking up this morning and not being able to find his bag and then being lead here it was only logical to assume his things would be there. He turned and quickly left his room shutting the door as he vanished before her then appeared at the table they had been at only moments before. He spread out the scroll paper and placed the brushes in their order on the silk bag he had brought them in then open the ink well for her.

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 11-26-2010, 04:08 AM

Karma stared wide eyed at the authentic brushes and paper. She gently touched one of the brushes and then looked up at him. "I know i can paint, but really, you are going to let me use these?" the excitement was clear in her voice as she looked up at him, her hazel eyes seeming to sparkle. She didn't know if he was just being generous of if he was normally this kind. Karma hoped that they could be friends, he was good company and he was someone she could actually talk to. unlike most people whom she was terrified of uttering a simple word to.

As she looked at him a thought occurred. "You are not a student or a resident. The professor said you were visiting. May i ask why?" Her face flushed. "I-I don't mean to be nosy i am just curious is all." she smiled hoping she didn't sound like a complete idiot.

Lady Chello

Old 11-26-2010, 04:26 AM

Yen smiled as he watched her and then chuckled a bit at her question. "Ah, yes a bit confusing. I am both and I am none all at the same time. I will be staying here but I want be. I have obligations else where besides the school. Professor is a great friend of my elders and they have sent me here to learn what they can not teach me. Eventually I will have to go back home some day. I am not of this....generation I am but I am not. IN my land there are those who pledge there alliance with those who wish to use their powers for evil and make trouble and as normal there are those such as I who chose to use our for good. There was a great Emperor who had great power he gave his special chosen warriors skills and trained them in their powers making them his protectors for him and the people. I am the 12th generation of dragons. There are powers and worlds be on owe own. My Emperor still lives but in a different world. It is my job to help protect Earth as well as the other worlds from those who chose to use their powers for evil. So in a way I am already a X-man just as you are." He said knowing he had confused the girl by now. "I am sorry so much at once. Maybe one day you can come with me and I can show you instead of try and telling you."

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 11-26-2010, 04:42 AM

Karma just stared as he spoke to her, it was so confusing, but it sounded so interesting as well. She hung on his every word trying to take it in. What was it like being part of an order like that? and whey was he both one thing and not it at the same time? But then he paused and Karma's eyes lit up, what she wouldn't give to be able to see those things. "I would love to see it all one day." she smiled, a dazzling smile, at him for a moment before she blushed and looked back down at the ink and brushes. Karma had always gotten embarrassed in the presence of guys. She tried to distract herself from that thought, she looked at the paper and tried to envision the painting before she would draw it, but this wasn't her set, or her paper. So Karma looked back up to Yen. "What would you like me to paint for you?" she smiled. Doing things for other people always made her happy. She liked seeing smiles on others faces, if she could have any power, it would be that, to let everyone around her be happy. Her smile grew as she looked up at him and awaited his request. Her fingers were itching to hold onto a brush and put it to paper, it had been so long. Besides, what better way to start a friendship than to give a gift in return for him letting her use such exquisite instruments.

Lady Chello

Old 11-26-2010, 11:54 AM

Yen just smiled as he watched her and stepped away from her. "A artist must draw from within them to tell the story that is inside of them and put it on the canvas. Go a head and draw as you wish I have some more paper if you need it." He said as he turned and went into the kitchen leaving her at the table to enjoy herself. He quickly open all the doors and everything he could find till he learned where every thing was in the kitchen. Once he had learned the location of every thing in the kitchen he went about making a simple stir fry for himself and Karma. He was not use to being in a room with a female this long. He hoped that he had on freaked her out with his rather poor explanation of things. He quickly finished the stir fry full of veggies and noodles. He turned the stove top off before walking and grabbing two cups and pouring them both some soda. He then brought the drinks and placed the on the other side of the table before he returned with two bowls and a fork for Karma as well as chop sticks for himself. "Come you must eat. All play no food will make you a sick and weak soul."

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 11-26-2010, 03:55 PM

By the time Yen had brought over the food, Karma had sketched out a plan for the piece. To the untrained eye, it would have looked like nothing but random lines strewn about the paper, but to Karma, it was a carefully laid out plan for what she wanted to do. Karma picked up the bowl set before her and began to eat. As soon as she took a bite, her eyes lit up. Once she swallowed she looked over at Yen. "This is delicious!" She smiled her appreciation and continued to eat until the bowl was empty. "You are a great cook." she complimented, her cheeks turning a slight pink color."But now back to work." she smiled again and looked down at the paper before her. Then she cracked her knuckles and picked up the brush as she began to give life to her painting. The one thing that Karma never learned about her unique ability, was that whenever she painted, her pretty hazel eyes turned into reflective golden disks that mirrored her work, causing the strange things to happen. A few months ago, her brother tried to steal a picture she had done, but when he touched it, he vanished instantly, showing up down the street in front of the house that was in the painting.

As she worked, Karma created a samurai straight from the feudal era, styling him after Yen. Beside him stood a woman in beautiful robes. They were beneath a blooming cherry blossom tree with an expanse of mountains taking up the background. As she worked, Karma tried to stay true to the era's style, even when it came to how she held the brush. Karma lost track of time as she sat there painting away. But when she finally looked up she found Yen to still be there. She set the brush down with a smile and looked over at him.
"Well what do you think?" She was worried, she hadn't done a painting since she found out that her ability tended to make strange things happen. As she looked at him, her eyes slowly changed back to their normal color.

Lady Chello

Old 11-27-2010, 12:09 AM

Yen ate his food in silence as he watched Karma in awe. He loved to watch her work. And smiled as he heard her commit about his food. "Why thank you. I am glad you enjoyed it." He moved and stood behind her as he peered down at her work amazed by it. "Is that us?" He said as he stared at the the beautiful master piece. "She looks beautiful and just like you." He said as he thought he saw the girl turn and look at him in the picture. He reached out his hand as he saw it move again. This time he had to see if he could touch it.

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 11-27-2010, 01:17 AM

Karma blushed at the compliment. "I didn't intend for it to be us but it kinda turned out that way." she admitted shyly as she tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. Then she saw his reaction to the painting and her smile grew. she was truly glad he liked it, she was happy she did such a good job. When she saw his hand reach out to touch the piece he color drained from her face. "no don't touch it!" she grabbed for his hand, but it was too late. Their hands landed on the piece and in a bright flash of light, they were both gone.

Lady Chello

Old 11-27-2010, 02:07 AM

Yen looked as he heard Karama as he heard her. Before he could respond he saw a bright light. When the light faded he found himself in a filed beneath the great mountain he had grown up beneath. He closed his eyes and open them again as he tried to wake from the dream he knew he was in. He looked down as he saw the clothing he was in. He reached out to his side happy to see his sword was still there. He looked close as he saw he was wearing the same clothing in Karama's painting. He looked around looking for the beautiful blond. "Karama!" He shouted as he began to run threw the field looking and scanning for her. His heart raced as he ran knowing if they where in the time period of her painting she would be endanger. The error was full of Showguns and assassins along with ninjas out to kill those who got in their way.

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 11-27-2010, 02:39 AM

Karma sat up and scratched her head. She was in a field of tall grass beneath a beautiful mountain. "my painting..." she mumbled. She looked down at her outfit and saw that she was in a pale blue kimono and when she felt her hair it was tied back in a braided bun held in place with ornate chop sticks.

She got to her feet and looked around, if she was here, where was Yen? She started to feel panic set in. She didn't know any japanese and she knew what kind of people lived in this era. "yen!" she shouted as she tried to run through the field.

She finally spotted him and when she finally reached him she wrapped her arms around him. She quickly pulled away her face red. "sorry." she said quietly as she straightened her kimono. "so what are we supposed to do now?" she bit her lip nervously as she looked up at him.

Lady Chello

Old 11-27-2010, 02:55 AM

Yen wrapped his arms around Karama as he found her searching for him as well. He gently moved his arms from her as he looked down his face turning a slight red. "I am sorry Karrama I was worried something had happen to you. We should hurry and find my village. It shouldn't be to far from her. At lest there we are safe even in this time my kind is known. There are many in this error that will kill to kill. I fear being out in the open like this will only lead to a confrontation and I do not wish to endanger you. I don't know how we ended up in her painting but if we can get you paper and paint you can draw us back in the school?" He asked as he scanned the field. He gently pulled her close to him as he quickly moved his hand to his katana as he heard ruling not far from them.

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 11-27-2010, 03:33 AM

Karma nodded, it was nice hearing that he was worried for her, but she didn't have too much time to dwell on it. "I can try, but I told you I don't really know how my abilities work." she admitted. When she heard the rustle around her she got closer to Yen and clung to him. Her heart started racing. What would happen if someone found her? She was obviously not of their culture with her pale hair and obviously not asian features. Her small hands held tight to Yens robes. "Yen?" she asked softly unsure of what exactly was about to happen.

Lady Chello

Old 11-27-2010, 07:27 PM

Yen gently held Karama gently as he moved her behind him. He closed his eyes as he stood there and lessened. He open his eyes as he quickly lunged forward and leaped in the air delivering a deadly blow to a rushing samurai who fell to the ground. The lifeless body just laid there as the sound of his sword hitting the ground echoed about them. Yen's eyes cut quickly as he heard the sound of foot steeps nearing them. He turned abruptly grabbing Karma's hand as he pulled her along behind him. He hurried to the thicket and followed it for what seemed like miles trailing in the shadows as not to be scene. He turned after a while and stopped compleatly as he smiled seeing the waterfall knowing where he was. He turned back to Karama happy to see she was well he knew a little frighten but other than that she was well. He looked to the water as he saw her refection in it knowing they would have to do some thing to make her fit in a little better. "Come left me find the herbs and we will dye your hair. We are not far from friends. I am sorry for this."

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 11-27-2010, 07:44 PM

Karma had to keep herself from screaming when she saw Yen cut down the samurai. She didn't move until Yen took her by the hand and led her into the thicket. She held tight to him as they walked for what seemed like forever. Karma knew that she was lucky, if it wasn't for Yen being there with her, she would be dead. When they finally stopped by a waterfall, Karma was surprised by the landscapes beauty, but her hands were still shaking with fear. She looked up at Yen as he spoke and Nodded with a frown. She knew he was right, her hair made her stand out, but she had always taken pride in her long blond hair. It was one of the few things she liked about herself. "Dyeing it would be best i guess." She tried giving him a smile when he apologized. "There is no need to say you are sorry. This whole mess is my fault." a sigh escaped her as she looked around. "So you know where we are?" she asked since he spoke of friends not being too far away. Karma finally noticed that her hand was still in his and her face turned a bright red as she gently let him go with a shy smile.

Lady Chello

Old 11-27-2010, 08:08 PM

Yen smiled and chuckled as he watched her. "It will be a shame though you are rather beautiful with your blond hair." He said as he turned and walked along the river that flowed away from the waterfall. He held out his hand as he touched a bamboo shoot. He looked at it and studied it as if looking for something. He removed his hand and turned as he walked to a clearing where the river poured into a lake. He walked to the sandy beach that made it's banks and stood there as if waiting for some one or some thing.

He shifted his eyes as he held out his hand to Karma. He turned and walked towards the the pond. As he neared the water the beautiful mountain scene on the other side faded as the entrance to a village appeared. He smiled as he looked at the gate knowing that even in this time his village was still here.

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 11-27-2010, 08:33 PM

Karma blushed at the compliment as she tucked a stray bang back away from her face. It was nice getting compliments, she wasn't used to them, and even in their current situation they were appreciated. She followed him silently as Yen examined things the Karma didn't understand. It was like he was looking for something. a sign or a clue maybe? When he offered her his hand, she took it, despite her face turning pink. Then he lead her onto a beach of a pond. Karma stood close to him, still terribly nervous. but as she watched the entrance of a village appear she gasped and her grip on Yen's hand tightened. "Oh my..." was all she could manage to say. Karma was surprised the scene didn't scare her, but she was just in awe a the sight. She looked up at Yen, a smile on her face.

It was strange. Just a few short months ago she was thrust into the world of mutants. She had known about them but now she was one of them, only her power wasn't all that exciting. But now, her power had landed her in a place far more exciting than anything she could have ever hoped for.