Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 03-14-2008, 06:31 PM

Seriously. I miss SlayerFanfic. (Great site; closed about two years ago. There was some total crap on there--but there was also some brilliant stuff. XP *misses filmtheory and gumboy in particular*

Anyway. Any input, etc. is welcome. *is also hoping to inspire others to write more Buffy/Angel fanfic* :o

Half the fun was in the reading. More than half, sometimes.

For those who don't know (there are people who don't share the Buffy worship!? :x), Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a show that ran on the WB for five years before being cancelled--then switched to UPN, ending two years later. (There was also a rather disastrous movie of the same name, a few books, and currently a comic book series that continues the series from where it left off.) Angel is a spinoff that began in Buffy's fourth season, but rather grew into its own personality. It ran for five seasons on the WB. (The WB and UPN combined a few years ago to become the CW.)

And these are MAH RULES:

-Obey the T.O.S.

-Feel free to leave a comment that pertains to the story/continuance/whatnot.

-Please do NOT leave me a comment saying "OMFG I LUUUV BUFFY/ANGEL!!!!" That's great; I'm really glad. But there is a thread in the media forum to discuss the greatness; go talk about it in there. :D

Edit: Oh, yuss. *disclaims* These characters were created by Joss Whedon and his merry troupe of writers. Stories are vaguely mine, based off of his ideas and plots and LUFF.

Ze first story takes place after Angel, Season 5 ended. It goes off-canon from the comics (mainly because I haven't read After the Fall); in other words, Season 8/6 (Buffy/Angel) is a COMPLETELY different story line from this. (I do remember reading/hearing somewhere that in the 6th season on the WB, Joss planned to turn Gunn evil/into a vampire. So I'm playing with that a little.) I dun have a name for it yet.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 03-18-2008, 12:06 AM

Fire.

“Faith? Can you hear me? Faith!” Yeah, she could hear him. He’d try everything to save her; she knew that.

She didn’t want to be saved anymore.

Robin was gone. The old gang was somewhere else; they wouldn’t believe in her, anyway.

“Faith! Get out of there now!” She wouldn’t answer; maybe he’d think that she was already dead and leave. If he got stuck in this—died for her—she’d never forgive herself. Course, she’d be dead; didn’t really matter.

“Faith! Faith, I can still smell you!” She smiled, almost laughed. “Don’t bother, Angel. Just don’t.”

She could hear him trying to find a way in—could almost sense it. But she’d started this; she was going to burn with it. She closed her eyes and lay back against the pillars.

Water.

“Buffy!” She could see Xander swimming, trying to get to her in time. He’d saved her once; she’d have to be very careful this time. “Buffy!” She could hear the voices above the water, could hear Dawn.

After it was all done, was there anything left for her? What was left for the Slayers? Just more killing. Just enough to bring down hell on her friends.

“Buffy, please!” She could hear Dawn. She remembered Dawn begging for her to stay last time—remembered her sorrow—but knew she’d be alright. She forced herself farther down, deeper into the shadows.

Air.

“Baby, please!” Willow was sobbing, holding out her arms to Kennedy. “I have to.” “No! No you don’t, no you don’t… Please don’t do this… Don’t do this to me…” “You’ll be fine without me.” Kennedy smiled at her, gave her a special smile before she turned back to the edge. Willow’s powers were weak for now… “NO! Baby, no! Please! Please don’t leave me…” “I love you, Will.” She took one step forward.

-London-

Giles sat at the desk and couldn’t answer any more phones. The calls were pouring in, worldwide. One, and it would be a coincidence. Even a handful of girls at once—well, it wouldn’t be that unusual. And a mass attack could be expected again—if the First could do it, so could a thousand other evils. But not like this.

For some reason, the Slayer line was slowly making itself extinct.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 03-18-2008, 02:31 AM

“Gunn, we should go.”

“Not yet.” Gunn stood up. “I need to see the look on his face.”

Another figure came into the alley. “Oh, no. Not him.” A shadow crossed Gunn’s face. “Isn’t that—hey, that’s—” Gunn put a hand over Andrew’s mouth. “I know who it is, okay? You don’t need to tell them we’re here.”

“Get the bird out?” Angel shook his head, not trusting his voice. “I don’t see her to be the kind who’d off herself. Something—someone—might’ve got into her head. She was a Slayer, Angel. Lot of bastards after her.”

“Maybe they’re after all the Slayers.” Angel met Spike’s eyes. “I’ll call Giles.” “I’ll—” Angel cut himself off. “Just do it.”

Spike nodded. “Right.” There was a pause.

“Busy.”

“Bu—Giles isn’t answering?” Angel stared at Spike.

“Gunn, what’s going on?” yelled a pathetic voice from the roof. They both heard a snarl. “I’ll get the boy, you go after Gunn.” Spike started running before Angel could agree. “I’m the—fine.” Andrew would probably listen to Spike, anyway. Angel ran around the corner of the building, then turned back when he heard—he knew he would—the thump on the ground behind him. “So. You’re still alive.”

“More or less.”

“Time was, you would’ve hated yourself. What would Allana say? What would Fred say?” They circled each other. “Ask them yourself.” Gunn went for Angel, taking out a stake. Angel blocked him, then hit his arm to knock it free. Gunn sent it flying, but jumped at Angel, sending them to the opposite direction.

“Hello, Andrew.” Spike smiled.

“Oh, hi, Spike.” He could smell the fear, smell the worry, smell—Andrew, really. Pretty much the same as always. “Um, this isn’t what it looks like.”

“So what is it, then? What did Uncle Charlie tell you?” Spike would’ve smiled if he hadn’t been more worried about Buffy. “Gunn told me that he was a vampyr, but that he, too, had gone through the noble quest that you went through and was given a beautiful gem of a soul—but that you and Angel had rejoined the Dark Side. Stay away from me, Darth Spikious!”

“Right, then.” Spike stopped and rolled his eyes. “So why’d you decide it’d be a good idea to watch the Slayer burn?” “Um. Gunn said that she, too, had returned to her villainous roots.” “Did Gunn happen to give you a lot of candy before he told you this?”

“W-what?” Spike rolled his eyes. “Fine. You’re coming with us.”

“I’m not evil! I’m not evil!” squealed Andrew. “No? You just watched an innocent girl die because some vampire you met once told you she was bad. You’re coming with us.” Spike grabbed his arm and went back to the stairs.

“Oooh, Spike, I knew you were still good. Ow. Could you—could you please stop twisting my arm?”

“No, you bloody idiot. Now come on.”

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 03-18-2008, 06:35 PM

“Giles!” yelled Xander. “Xander?” He looked up from his desk. “I got her. We’ve got her.” He and Dawn dragged Buffy into the room. She was wet, she was heavy, she was unconscious—but she was breathing.

“Buffy—did she—”

“What’s going on?” Xander looked at him. Giles knew that he was angry. “Is there something that you should’ve told us?”

“All of them.” He stared down at his first Slayer. “All of the Slayers, all over the world.”

“How? How could someone—”

“They’d have to be very strong in the magicks. I can’t really think of—” He broke off, staring into space.

“Willow wouldn’t do that,” said Dawn. “She—that was only because of Tara. She wouldn’t do it again.”

“Heard anything from Kennedy lately?” Xander didn’t really want to think that, either—but if that was it, they had to do something now.

“Good lord.” Giles sat back in the chair, still holding his glasses between his fingers.

“She—you think that if Kennedy died—” Dawn looked between Xander and Giles.

“I hate to be the one to say this, but it happened before.”

“Xander may be right. I’ll have to call her.” Giles picked up his phone, wincing at all of the missed calls—Angel?

He would have to check up on that one later.

“Willow?”

“Giles, she’s dead. She’s dead.” Willow was sobbing into the phone. “She just walked off—walked off a cliff—I don’t know why—” “It wasn’t just Kennedy,” he told her gently.

“Buffy? Is Buffy—?” “Buffy’s alright. Xander saved her.”

“I—she’s—I can’t get her back! I don’t even know where her body is! I—” Giles waved Xander over. “Would you like to talk with Xander?”

“I—yes—” He handed the phone over.

“Will?” He heard crying on the other end.

“Dawn, do you have any idea how this happened? Did she say anything?”

“I—no. She was acting totally normal, and then she just went off and jumped into the lake. We thought she was maybe playing—doing something strange—but she didn’t come back up and Xander jumped in after her.”

“Mmm. It doesn’t sound like anything that I’ve heard of…” Giles polished his glasses. “I’ll call Angel as soon as Xander’s done on the phone.”

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-03-2008, 08:13 AM

Hey, this looks really promising *grins* All Slayergurrls dead? Can't wait to read more! There's going to be more, right? *bites nails*

I have trouble with the stuff that referrs to "Angel", because I've never seen the series, but thats not realy your fault *grins* I just never got into it as much as I got into buffy.

I'll check back once in a while to see what happens :-)

wish

Old 04-03-2008, 09:32 AM

oh gosh. there's a comic book series that continues where it left off? X___X;; what's the name of it and who writes it? :[!!

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-04-2008, 09:31 AM

Its called "Buffy" and Joss himself writes it *bows down*

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 04-09-2008, 03:56 AM

Yup! Buffy, Season Eight. There's also Angel: After the Fall, which continues Angel where Season 5 ended.... But I haven't found any of those in comic book stores yet. XP Thinking about just getting them on eBay.

I'll probably add more within a few weeks... Exams are all piling on top of each other. Fun yea fun. But I'm glad that you guys like it so far.

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-09-2008, 08:45 AM

I'll check this thread once in a while for updates - wanna see how this goes! Good luck with your exams - want to come and see my HP fanfiction? I posted one story right here in this forum, but nobody seems to be interested so far...