Teiaiel
Rogue Chemist

Old 08-07-2012, 01:18 AM

⋅•οDεαliηg μηdεr τ τεa ταblεο•⋅

ζince before anyone can remember the Four Suits have been feuding mercilessly over well... everything. Some say it all started over who ate the last tart at the annual Suit Tea Party, but no one knows for sure. Having lost sight of what the were even fighting about to begin with the Suits have escalated their quarrels to a full out war. The lands of Wonder have been divided under the four leaders, strict borders put in place, and weapons always at the ready.

♣♠♥♦

ωill the land again be united under one leader? Or will the suits erase each other before there's even a chance of peace? It is hard to say when any suit that wanders out of their lands is destined for a life lived in hell. The Alliances have been made and broken more times than any care to count.

⋅•οSpades, Hearts, Clubs, and Diamonds. What will become of them all?ο•⋅
♣♠♥♦

---------- Post added 08-06-2012 at 08:26 PM ----------

ƒδυr ςuιτς ιn τhις ςιzε

♠The Spades♠
A suit of green if you please...
Known for their narcissism, when a Spade comes to mind thoughts of trickery and deception follow shortly after. One eye in the mirror, the other on the enemy. One must always look their best at all times. They play the game well, lying, cheating, and misleading are all the most prestigious traits in the land of Spades. Though their faces are delicate and inviting, their inner workings a much like that of a clock; cold and calculating.

♥The Hearts♥
Stitched with blood and rancor, I love a suit in red...
Merciless, violent, unrelenting. Contrary to the affectionate name, a heart is a volatile thing. Easy to snap though always in a state of anger. Relying mainly of the forces of brutality and fear, this suit will surely leave you as naught more than a pool of blood on the pathway should you choose to go against them. Their boiled blood makes them quick to act. Though well versed in the ways of all things frightening, they lack more than a basic understanding of human interaction.

♣The Clubs♣
No need for such frivolity when one prefers a gray...
Ah, the Clubs! A kind, intelligent folk they run their land much like ants in a hill. Cohesive and complimentary. The smallest of the divided lands, much of which has been overtaken by the other suits, they live quietly in the background as nothing more than playthings for the others. Much of their city is underground, stretching through the lands of the other suits without their knowing. A plan of action is brewing in the brilliant minds of the Clubs, the timing need only be right.

♦The Diamonds♦
Bring me a suit of the richest blue. I want it to match my cache...
Bribery is the name of the game here. The wealthiest suit boasts full treasuries and a lavish life. Their understanding is that with enough money you can erase any problem. Often the target of attack and robbery they have learned that if one wants to keep their upper hand they must push the others down. Propaganda of a better life are circulated through the other Suits, coercing their followers to join them. After all, who wouldn't want to sit on fur lined couches and sip from golden glasses all day?

---------- Post added 08-06-2012 at 08:37 PM ----------

♠♣Ηιddεη ιη ⊂⌊oςετς♦♥
Available Bosses:
The Duke of Spades✓
The Mistress of Hearts reserved
The Watchman of Clubs
The Queen of Diamonds

Though the titles sound gender specific they do not have to be

Available Seconds
The Paige of Spades✓
The Maid of Hearts
The Shepard of Clubs
The Prince of Diamonds

These are the second in command for each of the suits

Races in The Land of Wonder
Cheshires: Feline-like creatures with the distinct ability to vanish at will. They can be found anywhere but most reside in Spade lands.
Hares: Generally lower class. Somewhat disheveled in appearance and often deranged in mind. Found mainly in Clubs territory.
Rabbits: The opposite of Hares in that they are usually very clean and considered a prestigious race. Though present in most courts they flock to the aristocracy of Diamonds.
Doormice: Quiet civilians with meek dispositions normally. They dwell in every land.
Tweedles: A strange race that is always in a pair. For every one Tweedle there is another, never just one is born. They are mischevious and can be deadly in their games. They are the primary race in the "Hearts".
Humans: A common race that is present in every land.
There may be more races but they have yet to be discovered.

✓= Taken

Skeleton:
Code:
Appearance ∴ [POSTING COLOR]Character Name[/color] ∴ Any nicknames they have
Suit: Rank: Age, Height, Weight: Personality: Life Story: Roughly two paragraphs please Likes: At least six • • • • • • Dislikes: At least six • • • • • • Facade: Username
If you would like to reserve a role then simply send a PM with the title 'Reserve' and the role you want

---------- Post added 08-06-2012 at 08:39 PM ----------

~ Reserved for future madness ~

Last edited by Teiaiel; 09-17-2012 at 12:10 AM..

Teiaiel
Rogue Chemist

Old 08-09-2012, 12:34 AM

Ηαrk! τhε ςουηd οƒ α ιαωƒυι ⊂⌈ϒ!

NO GODMODDING, AUTO-HITTING, POWER PLAYING ETC.
You are not Christ incarnate. Your character has weaknesses.
FOLLOW MY RULES
I'm not your mother. I will slap you silly.
TITLE YOUR PM'ED PROFILES
White Flag should be present in your title
THIS IS A LITERATE ROLE PLAY
We all know what literate means. Writers block is understandable but please try for at least one paragraph of decent size
ROMANCE/ SWEARING
Keep it reasonable people. Don't sling out curses like you're a sailor and keep your dirty deeds under wraps.
A HUGE MUST
Have fun!!
I RUN THIS
I can alter the rules in any way I see fit

Accepted & OOC

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-18-2012, 03:48 PM

Syrine sat in the library of the Spade castle, tucked away in a small window seat in the far corner. She watched servants scurrying about their chores, still possessing the grace deserving of Spades. A small smirk tilted the corner of her mouth, as she turned away and gazed at the stacks of books about her. Philosophy and art were her current areas of study. Tucking her long blue-green, side-bangs behind her ears, Syra listened carefully for the possibility of being snuck up on.

Suddenly Syra looked up, her expression fading to her normal -sad- look. Syrines blue eyes went wide, a very unassuming appearance. "Thought I heard a noise." she whispered. Her voice delicate and soft. Seeing no one about, she returned to her reading.

Last edited by Codette; 08-18-2012 at 03:50 PM..

Teiaiel
Rogue Chemist

Old 08-22-2012, 11:00 PM

The Duke of Spades rounded the aisles of leather-bound literature, dropping a rather substantial tome abruptly atop the large mahogany table his Paige currently occupied. It fell to the table with a loud thwak.

"And here I had thought my presence would go unnoticed." Nikola said with a sarcastic shake of his head. He pursed his lips and gazed quizzically at the reading selection Syrine had chose, "I've been looking for you for the better part of an hour now. Of course, I would have had one of the underlings fetch you but..." a well-manicured hand pushed through the dark locks of his hair, "It seems they are too preoccupied with other frivolous tasks." he said with a tsk.

One of the matrons charged with tending the massive array of books strode leisurely past the duo. Her pace and general lack of direction pinged against the Dukes particularity. His hands clapped together once and in a moment the elder woman was at his side with head bent. He tapped his foot impatiently and looked at the top of the squat woman's head with an iciness equatable to the freezing poles, "Do make yourself useful and return this to it's place." he half-tilted his head in the direction of his book, "Should I happen to catch you lazing about again there will most certainly be cause for disciplinary action."

The woman nodded and rushed to replace the tome, scurrying from sight. Nikola turned again to his Paige, his face a mask of pleasantness once again, "Now then, we have much to discuss and your input would be much appreciated."

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-23-2012, 12:11 AM

Syra looked up. Wide green eyes gazing at the Duke. Syrine kept it well hidden, her admiration for Nikola. His dignity, grace, appearance. Well it was no question that he fit the mold of a Duke of Spades.
"Apologies, but no one sneaks on me, my Duke." Her voice soft, as she looked at the large tome Nikola dropped. "You need only to ever call and I'll be there." a soft smile tilted her lips. In truth she hated being fetched by anyone. "Although for any to be too busy with frivolous tasks to do the Dukes bidding is an insult." Syra closed her book and placed it on the pile she had made herself.

The lazy matron earned herself a glare from the Paige when the Duke had to explain her work for her. "Which dicipline would suit such behaviour....hmm... my input? Of course. I shall be as helpful as I can be."

Teiaiel
Rogue Chemist

Old 08-24-2012, 01:42 AM

"Splendid! Shall we set to it then?" Nikola turned on his heel and started walking. Discipline would be dealt to those in need but in due time. There were things to discuss and the Duke was not one to waste time. Running this little country of his could be quite taxing what with the constant feuds between suits. The Duke much preferred to handle all tasks himself but on rare occasion he found it suitable to let others in on his machinations. Very few were privy to such an invitation but of course, his Paige would one of them. She was in fact, the only one whom he had never pondered maiming.

"I'm sure you're aware but that blasted Tea Party is coming up in the next month." He wrinkled his nose, a somewhat unbecoming quirk of his. "It is tradition that the seconds are present." he said with a nod to Syrine. In the years before her presence the Duke had attended the party alone and found it unbearably dull. He had long resisted having a Paige until he had found one worthy of his court. "Ah, but I suppose we should discuss such things in a more confidential setting."

Nikola paused outside the large doubled-doors of his private study. Contrary to his dictations there was no one present to open the hulking doors. Had he been a regular sort of gentleman his face would have flushed with anger yet his porcelain features remained indifferent. "I swear I shall have the whole lot of them severed from their limbs." he grumbled under his breath. With a heavy bit of energy he pushed open one of the doors and strode inside, "Now, we have sent out our peace offerings to each of the Heads of Suit. Have you heard word on their delivery status yet?"

Last edited by Teiaiel; 08-24-2012 at 01:52 AM..

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-24-2012, 04:09 PM

Syrine set her book on the piles and grabbed her notebook and pen. She never went anywhere without it. Notes, dates, times, events. Every bit of knowledge she grasped about Spades and other houses, was in that book. Quickly, Syra set to walk after him. Walking one step behind and one step to the left of the Duke, she opened her pages.

"Tea Party." Syra flipped to the calander she made and drew another circle around the date. "Yes, tradition, yet you are not one to keep appearances for tradition." she spoke softly even though inside she had a wicked smile. Oh how long had she envied court for attending traditional events. Finally, finally it was her turn to join the court at a high event. She wondered how she should attend the Tea Party, and finally decided she would be a professional Paige, just dressed a little... sweeter. The thought made her soul giggle.

Straight faced, Syrine followed the Duke into his private study, making a quick note of the names of the gaurds that were supposed to be there to open the doors. Nikola would want to know after business was finished. But she couldn't resist a 'tsk' for the gaurds that weren't there. "Perhaps a slower punishment...slow and painful so they remember their place." she offered lightly, closing the doors behind them. No point on a private conversation if passerbys can listen.

Syrine walked over to the large window. She liked being near windows. Made her feel like she wasn't cooped up inside, also there was always an excellent view of someone doing something they werent supposed to. Flipping to a different page, the petite woman unfolded a letter that she tucked there with some notes on the page beneath it. "Yes, each Head of Suit should recieve their offerings by tomorrow evening. Diamonds and Clubs have sent their offerings, and they should arrive by tomorrow as well. The offering for Spades from Hearts however seems they had some... 'problems' finding a trust-worthy messanger. It should be here before the end of the week." Flipping back to her calender page, Syra made notes on the arrival times.

Teiaiel
Rogue Chemist

Old 09-11-2012, 07:34 PM

Nikola nodded slowly, taking in the information Syrine was presenting him. It was hardly surprising that the Hearts would be having difficulties. He often wondered how they managed to keep the land in tact despite the violent and sporadic behavior of it's residents. Feisty little things those hearts.

"It's comforting to me that you keep such a keen eye." The Duke said earnestly. He began to pace as spoke, "With that taken care of, have you given thought to your attire for the party?" it was... interesting, the way his mind worked. It bounced around from thought to thought, each one connected by a taught yet winding labyrinthine string. "I would be most pleased if you would don that jacket I got you for your unbirthday." his lips turned down into a mock pout, "I've yet to see you wear it." he paused mid-step to look at her while he said it. He could always order her to do as instructed but often times he found that his Paige was already ahead of him.

((Sorry it's so short. I wanted to give Syrine time to respond before he continued blabbering))

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 09-13-2012, 03:08 AM

Syrines lips tilted in the tinest of smiles for the praise. Syra could find out anything, whether the means were honourable or not.

The woman looked up when the Duke inquired on her wardrobe. "Duke, I've compiled a few outfits that would be appropriate for such an occasion, tis simply a matter of choosing one." A faint rose shaded her cheeks. Syrine knew the jacket. It hung in her closet, with plenty of space from her other clothes. She hadn't ever dreamed of such a luxurious gift from Nikola, however much it pleased her. "I'll make a point to choose one of the outfits with the jacket. Thank you again Duke, for the present." She spoke politely, though her voice wasn't as brisk as it was a moment ago. She watched Nikola for a moment before noting his words in her notebook.

The only thing Syrine feared was someone reading her notebook. Not only was it her calendar and planner, it held state secrets as well as a few of her own.

Teiaiel
Rogue Chemist

Old 09-17-2012, 12:30 AM

With a wave of his hand the Duke alighted himself on his throne, "No need for thanks." he said curtly, "Now, I do expect there to be a bit of commotion at the ceremony." he said with a nod. His plans for expansion were certain to upset the other leaders, that he was certain of. He had already acquired most of the Clubs land as well as the northern sector of the Diamonds coast. Still, it was not enough. His dreams of owning the entirety of the kingdom would not go unaccomplished. A mischievous yet elegant smile broke across his angelic features, "As you know, our colonization of the coast has already upset a few key persons." the thought almost made him chuckle. "What news from the scouts in Heart territory? I fear that our difficulties in that area may have alerted the Mistress to our presence there." his eyebrows furrowed together in thought, "It would be most unpleasant to have our intentions brought to light at the Tea Party whilst the other leaders listened."

Nikola's eyes honed in on Syrine's notebook. The secrets it held would certainly be the death of his country should it fall into the wrong hands. If trust were the correct word to describe it, then yes, he trusted his Paige with the possession of such detrimental danger. He was certain that the punishment for treachery was well burned into her mind. Fear was a readily available means for securing loyalty and one method he preferred to use. His emerald gaze turned to the face of his Paige, a look that required acceptable answers. Should he have to dispose of yet another batch of scouts, it would likely pose a bit a of a setback to his schedule. Still, he would not allow his subjects to fail at his orders. The Hearts remained one of the most threatening of the suits. Violent, stubborn and exceptionally cunning they continued to hinder his plans. Even under his rule the Spades had yet to overtake even a small percent of their land. This was something the Duke could not allow. All was to be his.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 09-17-2012, 03:04 PM

Syrine, nodded her head to the side, in understanding. She flipped a few pages back. "Yes, the other suits have noticed the Spades claiming sections of Club and Diamond land....Slowly they've noticed. When they realize the Spades are taking over the entire kingdom, they may act rashly... When they realize." Syra had no doubt they would, although it wouldn't be until the Spades were at their castle doorsteps. Syrine had no doubt that the other Suits had spies, it was garunteed, but none, none could find the right information like herself. The corner of her mouth tilted upwards, and her eyes seemed to smile brightly in her mouths steed. "The other Suits are of no worry. Least of all the Hearts, my Duke. According to my....resources, the Mistress of Hearts is more concerned about her latest....'favorite' being unfaithful." Tact, Syra, tact gets information said without sullying your own name. "The Diamonds may try to buy back the territory, but it's doubtful they'd attempt more. As for the Clubs, even if they stood against it, they wouldn't dare bring up such... unpleasant talk during such a civilized event."

Closing her notebook, she held it close to her chest. "The other leaders will not hear of the talk. No house would dare attempt the conversation, or it simply does not concern them at the moment, such as the matter with the Hearts." Syrine looked up and met Nikola's gaze. A tiny shiver ran down her spine, before she lowered her eyes. The wordless look conveyed to her an entire conversation, ending with her fate if the plans failed. She truly did not fear Nikola, she feared disappointment. She worked too hard to ruin it all.
Composing herself, she looked back up, her sad/monotonous mask reapplied over her features.
"Everything will go according to plan, my Duke."

Ever_After
All shall come to a happy end

Old 09-20-2012, 02:57 AM

The sound of heels clicking along the hardwood floor, Redwood of course, was normally a very feminine sound that brought to mind images of grace and delicate looking woman. In the Hearts castle it carried a different image one of a blonde woman in stylishly torn clothes with thin blades in keeping her hair piled up.It was a warning before you were faced with the blonde ruler yourself and then at the mercy of whatever mood had taken her.

The tall thin male that stood by the doors to the Mistress's study, everyday with out fail, would stand just a little straighter when the sound of the Mistress of Hearts approached the door from inside the room. That day was no exception. Opening the door with her eyes down cast he prayed she pass with out noticing his presence.The look on the young Heart's face could freeze the blood in even the bravest of men. By no means would one want to see a smile grace those darkly painted lips, the annoyed expression she usually wore was a comfort that her mood was at least easy to read. A smile could mean that she was either truly happy- the door man held a great pity for the pour soul that she had just left- or she was far passed the point of snarling anger.

Sitting on her large dark desk was a single green box. The object stood out terribly in the room of black and red. The lid had been torn off. With her back to the room Aila turned the handle of the sword over in her hand thing fingers ran along the blade. It was just the perfect gift to inspire her. She knew she was late on sending out her gift for the tea party, worthless torturous- and not in the fun way- event that it was. Now however she knew just what to send. it was waiting for her in the lowest level of her castle.

As the sounds of footsteps echoed through out the dark stone stair case they brought with them the quickening of hearts and the stopping of breath. It was a sound many in the pit like room had come to associate with a death sentence, if you were lucky. Twisted metal bars caught the light coming from the torch a black clad figure carried. It wasn't the only light in the room as the walls were lined with similar torches and the very high ceiling was only bared so the occupants could bask in the little sunlight it provided.Said occupants remained quiet behind their bared walls. Silent until the dark man moved towards the cell that held a man, a scout by his uniform. The keys turned and living dead eyes watched as their warden dragged the man out towards a large wooded table in the center of the room. The mistress like an audience for her work.

She stood there at the opening of her dungeon as two other guards helped to strap the malnourished spy to the table. Taking a step forward the back of her deep purple rode like dress dragged across the cold floor. The fire danced in the refection the silver blade that this man's Duke had just sent her. She would have to show her gratitude and return something that belonged to him.

" You were in my lands. Is it that you wish to to leave that weakling suit and stand with a suit of real power?" By now the other prisoners had moved back to the father corners of their cells not wishing to see what state she left the man in.She had not allowed food or drink to be brought to the spade, no doubt his throat had dried out too much to utter a sound.Tilting the sword up so that the tip of the blade tapped against her lips the look of deep though crossed Aila face. " Of course I will grant you citizenship. Though you must first prove your loyalty." There was a bite of a growl under the casual tone she used. It grew with each word." You see I need to send a gift ,and a message, to your former ruler and you are going to help me."
Pulling the blade away from her lips the blood raised it over the body tied to her table and brought it down to the left of the man's heart.She almost wished she had given him water so that his screams could be heard clearer.

As the dungeon door closed behind her Aila held in her hands a dark green cloth rapidly dripping dark red blood as she walked. The sword, it's blade still painted her favorite color was attached to her side staining the side of her dress. the trail followed her from the dungeon back up to her study where a red box sat waiting. Placing her 'gift' to to the Duke of spades in the box she sat to write him a little note. 'A heart from the Heart. I look forward to your presence at the tea party.' pacing the blood stained parchment in an envelope she pulled the long strip of cloth to call for a messenger. When the doors opened the box had been tied with a dark red ribbon the envelop tucked under the bow.
" This is to make it to the Duke of Spades...No excuses!"

(( Got carried away all of my post won't be so long. If I need to tone down the gore just let me know.))

Teiaiel
Rogue Chemist

Old 10-10-2012, 03:16 PM

Trails of thought trickled through the Dukes mind like oil over delicate mechanics. He leaned back in his satin backed chair and let it sink in. Something gnawed at the edges of his mind, warning, nagging. He took a breath and rose to his feet, "Have our agents pull back as we draw closer to the ceremony. Things are likely to begin stirring in the suits and I refuse to let us be found amidst the chaos." Nikola didn't much favor the idea of retreat but the risk of being so deftly exposed was enough to excuse it. Syrine had assured him that things were according to plan, and he believed it was so, yet some of the scouts had yet to report in. So long as the Spades true intentions were not betrayed the Duke was content. A few incompetent shrews were a small price to be paid and the punishment for espionage was severe and to his standards for an assignment failed. Still, there was a delicate balance to be tended to.

"I want every bit of information our agents have gathered compiled and brought to me immediately. I wish to look over them in their entirety." His voice was sharp and demanding. Now was the time to finalize the motion of things. The variables were adding up and jumbling together like so much bad string- there was a shadow gathering and he felt it. "I have some business to attend to but once you have all that send a footman and I will find you." The Duke pushed strands of dark hair from his eyes and snapped his fingers. The rooms heavy doors groaned in protest as they were heaved open at the abrupt signal. Nikola eyed the disheveled and rather winded attendant, shuffling to stand presentably. "We must make haste." he said, turning again to Syrine, "Something is awry here and I intend to decipher the reasoning."

And with that the Duke of Spades set to purpose. There were things to attend to, plans to be made, secrets to arrange and bury. His feathers were ruffled with the threat of an oncoming storm. He was to fashion a grand net and use it to snag the unsuspecting suits.